[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1015 KB, 1214x797, Hegel-Deleuze.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.19204909 [Reply] [Original]

What was Deleuze's deal with Hegel
Frater says that Deleuze ultimately doesn’t overcome Hegel’s overall ontology. His materialist and immanent model still ultimately relies on unfolding through difference recognizing itself by differentiation, which is ultimately the actual dialectic and not a simplistic thesis antithesis, for by pouring out into the other, the relation allows further definition of the original. Add to this that Hegel’s key formula is that the Rational=actual, and you fundamentally cuck the problem of the virtual. We can more or less locate the Virtual as far back as Parmenides even due to the interrelations of the forms. Basically any major ontological break Deleuze has came up with is more or less not enough to break Hegel overall or is ultimately just the same doctrine explained differently. I doubt Deleuze would ever admit this, but There’s never been a serious challenge to the ontology of Hegel that actually fully critiques his method in science of logic.
Another anon posits that what Deleuze meant by his self-professed anti-Hegelianism was something akin to an inversion of Hegel, so they have a similar starting point, and even end point in some cases but the way they go about it, the arguments they make, and the conclusions they draw particularly around morality, are totally different. Whereas in Hegel you conform with the way of the world in Nietzsche you basically go to war with it. Whereas the slave actualizes for Hegel, the master actualizes for Nietzsche. So they are very different in some key respects, but it's hard not to see the parallels between them, and I believe that if you look historically, Nietzsche ended up thinking Hegel was one of the good guys when he actually read him(you have to keep in mind that 90% of the time Nietzsche never actually read the philosophers he criticized).
I don't understand how out of all the philosophers Deleuze discusses with critical sympathy, he should so violently oppose and reject the one philosopher who resembles him the most, in starting point (the critique of representation), influences (critical idealism, Spinoza, Hermeticism, differency and plurality, Heraclitus, Leibniz, process ontology, differential calculus), and solutions. The general approach is to say they're incommensurable, which is even more perplexing because they both have a reputation of being able to subsume literally everything under their systems (the Hegel and/Deleuze and trend in academia)

>> No.19204929
File: 43 KB, 250x336, BatailleGeorges-1952-StudioHarcourt-MinisterioDeCultura-250.A.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>19204909
I'm going to potlach you if you don't shut up

>> No.19204941

>70 IQ: Deleuze couldn’t surpass Hegel
>110 IQ: Deleuze copied Heidegger
>140 IQ: Deleuze fears Wittgenstein

>> No.19204952

>>19204909
>90% of the time Nietzsche never actually read the philosophers he criticized
source

>> No.19204959

>>19204952
>btfos other philosophers without even reading them
neetche-sama i kneel

>> No.19204961

>>19204909
>you have to keep in mind that 90% of the time Nietzsche never actually read the philosophers he criticized
Yo, what?
>>19204929
Shut the fuck up, Bataillecuck. Go masturbate over the body of your deceased mother or something.

>> No.19204976

>>19204961
>moralfagging in a nietzsche/french pomo thread
It's more likely than you think!

>> No.19204977

>>19204909
Bravo, really good post. I think any expression of so-called anti-Hegelianism would ultimately be subsumed back into Hegelianism anyway because it's the negative lol.
I agree, Hegel and Deleuze tend towards similar ends and use similar methodologies. The body without organs is just a "materialistic" version of the Absolute. Deleuze is not that subversive of the mystical/philosophical tradition in reality, he is actually its continuance.

>> No.19204985

>>19204977
You have to overturn platonism to have mysticism

>> No.19205003

everyone itt needs to go back to twitter

>> No.19205127

>>19204909
>Frater
Imagine listening to this semen guzzler. He is the biggest pseud on the board. I feel sorry for his children. He has children you know? And he subjects them to his awful midwit diatribes in the hope to make them "cultured" like himself. What a huge douche. Fuck Frater. Mods need to perma ban that nerd.

>> No.19205356

This book might interest you. https://www.amazon.com/Hegel-Deleuze-Together-Historical-Philosophy/dp/0810128977

>> No.19205368

>>19205356
I was just looking at it on amazon before coming to this thread
the Cunning of Reason