[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 31 KB, 370x500, Devil.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1915805 No.1915805 [Reply] [Original]

If you get halfway through a book, but grow bored of it, do you continue to read it just to find out what happens because you've already invested time in it? Or do you just set it aside to get to other things? If I get bored with a book, I'll usually just set it aside for months and months and read other stuff, to see if my interest in it will pick up. How many books do you think you've discontinued?

>> No.1915835

Meh, I'd just skip to the end. But nowadays, I won't pick up a book if it doesn't really interest me, so the amount of books I'm setting down have decreased. (Unless the story is advertised in a misleading way on the jacket.)

>> No.1915996

I just forget about it. No matter how good an ending, it can't make up for a shitty middle.

>> No.1916006

I just keep going because. I used to put it down, but I stopped that shit. Lolita took me two tries to get through because of the way it sags in the middle.

>> No.1916247

>>1915996
This. Even if I skip ahead and the ending looks interesting, then I'll either just read the end or set the book aside for another one.

>> No.1916255

I start skipping around through the parts that are uninteresting. There's been very few books that I just completely gave up on halfway through.