[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 18 KB, 200x348, only revolutions.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1912142 No.1912142 [Reply] [Original]

ITT: The most disappointed crock of shit you've ever read. Pic very related.

I loved House of Leaves, so naturally I picked up Only Revolutions. This is a total mess. It isn't worth the effort of flipping the book around countless times, since the story isn't that great anyway.

>> No.1912159

Black Box

>> No.1912194

Not the worst novel iv'e read, but For whom the bell tolls is really overrated.

>> No.1912985

Battlefeild Earth.... just shitty shit shit shit shit .... honestly if a sixth grader wrote that today they would put him in special ed.

>> No.1912988

>>1912985
As bad as the movie?

>> No.1912995

The problem with that book is that the focal point of the novel is not the plot, but the technique. If the author was capable of actually making good plots, it would be different.

>> No.1913003

>>1912142
House of Leaves was overblown overhyped shit already. So what did you expect?
There had been attempts at metatextuality before HoL that were more intriguing.

>> No.1913095

Only Revolutions is my least favourite book of all time. I'm not kidding. HoL was a very good book though, even if the JT narrative was lacking. Only Revolutions didn't have any meaning at all...even fans of the book, when asked what it's about, just quote verbatim from the blurb.

>> No.1913101

>>1913003
Not OP, but House of Leaves was actually quite scary.

>> No.1913103

Crime and Punishment. The Idiot, BK, the short ones/novellas were all great, so what the fuck?

To be fair, I was drinking and snorting too much alcohol and coke at the time, so I've often thought I should come back to it.