[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 9 KB, 193x266, M. Heidegger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19118772 No.19118772 [Reply] [Original]

>In his Nietzsche lectures, Heidegger states that there is a concealed discordance between beauty, semblance, and truth in Platonism. This paper explores this claim in detail to show how such a discordance haunts not only Platonism, but the beginnings and ends of Western philosophy. This commences with Plato’s claim that beauty’s radiance is both the reminder of the non-sensible εἴδη and a semblance belonging to the sensible world. This discordance is not overcome in the ensuing Western tradition, however, but made more dreadful. This is because in Nietzsche’s anti-platonic retrieval of sensible beauty over non-sensible truth, the platonic reminder of the εἴδη is transformed into the dangerous production of new forms of power. In both cases, however, Heidegger proposes that this metaphysical thinking of Being-as-form conceals the early Greek insight that beauty’s tragic radiance lets Being appear as both truth and semblance.

>> No.19118779

>>19118772
I really do not understand metaphysics. Being and is I don't get it.

>> No.19118798

Plato used visual metaphors to describe the ”forms”, of course he fails to overcome the sensible

>> No.19118808

Huh, I am usually good on 'Heidegger on Nietzsche' but I'm at a loss when it comes to aesthetics. Sorry.