[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 33 KB, 400x400, NookSimpleTouchReader.jpg (400×400).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1911673 No.1911673 [Reply] [Original]

Ex-Kindlefag here.
Rocked a Wi-fi 3 for half a year before it got stolen.
This thing looks exactly the same (screen size, battery life, storage), with a touchscreen and without .DOC support (about which I don't really care).
Please note that I don't give a flying rat's dick about the store, as I pirate everything.

I'm considering switching because every single time I showed my Kindle to someone they'd poke the screen and be disappointed,
and since I live near enough to a B&N that the convenience of a store outweighs Amazon's excellent service.

Any of you guys tried this thing out? What are your thoughts?

>> No.1911716

The Nook Touch has no browser.

>> No.1911740

Kindle Wifi/3g fag here

It's a pretty neat little device, I haven't had extensive use of it but the page flips are responsive and only refreshes every 5/6 pages. The home screen is useful and easy to use and it's all around a nice little device for 139.

>> No.1911748

>>1911716
You can use the search function and type in a url and there's your web browser. Not sure why you would want to browse on an e-reader anyways.

I enjoy it. I haven't used any other e-reader, but it does what it's supposed to well. There 2gb of internal storage, plus up to 32gb storage with a microsd card. The touch commands are easy enough.

There's really not much more to it. PDF files are hit or miss, but other than that, there's not much else I can find at fault with it for what I use it for, which is just to read.

>> No.1911758

>>1911740
>>1911748
So if I just *read*, the Nook is better than the Kindle.
I hated the Kindle's stupid menus.

>> No.1911762 [DELETED] 

>>1911748
>mfw I haven't even used up 100 megabytes on my e-reader

>> No.1911761

> books are too expensive, e-readers make them cheaper
> buy two or three e-readers
> make two or three threads about them every day on /lit/

>> No.1911786

>>1911758
Well what else do you plan on doing? It's a device that has a singular purpose that does it very well. If you want to do more than just read on it, go get an iPad or something.

>> No.1911800

what's the menu like on a nook? It's inconvenient on a kindle if you have lots of books.

>> No.1911869
File: 481 KB, 700x332, BridgeOnRiverKwai.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I'm considering switching because every single time I showed my Kindle to someone they'd poke the screen and be disappointed
so you always buy things to make other people happy?