[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 265 KB, 606x375, Nietzsche and Wagner.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19076922 No.19076922 [Reply] [Original]

>In the evening we are visited by Dr. Rée, whose cold and precise character does not appeal to us; on closer inspection we come to the conclusion that he must be an Israelite.
>R. reads some of Nietzsche's latest book [Human, All Too Human] and is astonished by its pretentious ordinariness. "I can understand why [Paul] Rée's company is more congenial to him than mine." And when I remark that to judge by this book N.'s earlier ones were just reflections of something else, they did not come from within, he says, "And now they are Rée-flections!"

Was Nietzsche really hanging around Jews? Did they influence his books?

>> No.19077529

>Did they influence his books?
When Paul Ree gave Nietzsche his own book on philosophy, Nietzsche's response was (paraphrasing) that there was no book that he disagreed with more than that one.

>> No.19077988

>>19077529
So why does wikipedia claim he influenced Human, All Too Human?

>> No.19078007

>>19077988
Wikipedia is publicly edited. Read everything on there with a grain of salt.

>> No.19078028

>>19077988
>>19078007
By the way, if you're interested in what Nietzsche says about this, read the preface of Genealogy, aphorism 4. That's where he states that he disagreed with Ree's book and how Human, All Too Human was basically a correction or reversal of everything that Ree asserted.