[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 18 KB, 400x525, 061.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1903781 No.1903781 [Reply] [Original]

This book almost made my brain explode with its incredible philosophy. What planet that the Little Prince sees (including his own) do you think is most significant to the message of the book? I personally feel like it was the banker's planet, as well as the Little Prince's home. Another thing, being the idiot I am, I missed the significance of the last few chapters and the symbolism of the snake. Anybody wanna gimme some theories?

>> No.1904497

To me, it's all about the rose.

>> No.1904514

I feel as if the book is saying that people focus on arbitrary concepts that detract from life (labor, vanity, power) rather than love and growth.

Also, I think the part about the body being gone at daybreak was a sly nod to the adults that the prince was eaten. That sounds morbid, but the first snake the prince meets even tells him that when he bites someone, they “return to the earth from which they came.” And the idea of people being useful even in death is more beautiful than the prince suddenly discovering a fairy tale immortality.