[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 89 KB, 976x850, lookfrogs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19009008 No.19009008 [Reply] [Original]

>reading 1984
>bretty gud
>suddenly a femoid becomes the the center of attention

Jesus Christ, Orwell...

>> No.19009030

Look at the broader picture anon.

>> No.19009081

>>19009030
i don't give a rats arse about femoids, simple as

>> No.19009083

I used to think Brave New World was more on the money but watching the generations become less and less capable of understanding 1984, and not even be able to articulate their misreading at all, made me realise that Orwell was the right one.
Because in a world controlled by the likes of Mustapha Mond, those books that help John develop his sense of god and liberty etc., are not there for the masses. As mine points out, the bible and Shakespeare are not in circulation because they’re irrelevant, not because they are being hidden away.
But in our real world, it’s there, you can read 1984, BNW, you can pick up a bible or Shakespeare, but just like the logical end of newspeak, you can make no sense of them, utilise them in no way, and you don’t even have the helicopter rides and the constant sex.

>> No.19009232

>>19009008
The worst part is when she goes to the private meeting that Winston was invited to. There is literally no point in her being there except to pose a risk to Winston because for all we knew, O'Brien was just a sperg that had a slip of the tongue and genuinely wanted to talk to Winston about his job.