[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 51 KB, 650x650, new-amazon-kindle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1888668 No.1888668 [Reply] [Original]

How many of you actually use ebook readers?

Why did you get one?

Why would you ever get another physical book if you have an ebook reader?

>> No.1888674

I have one
Gift
A lot of books aren't available online and if prices similar physical copies are nice to have

>> No.1888675

I have a kindle. It was a gift.

And I still buy actual books. Sometimes because they aren't available in ebook form, but sometimes just because I want to. I don't know, if I could explain my behavior, I probably wouldn't act so strangely in the first place.

>> No.1888677

I do.

Someone gave it to me as a gift.

A lot of the books I like to read aren't available as e-books, legal or pirated.

>> No.1888696

DAWWW, POOR LITTLE ANONS HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THINGS ARE GIFTED TO THEM. THAT'S CUTE.

>> No.1888697

i use a 1st gen nook

my mom got it for me to use for school

i still read physical books from time to time.

i like them both

>> No.1888702

1. I have the newest Kindle Dx

2. Because reading is super fun. And I like to waste money.

3. Because I love reading physical books and ebooks.

>> No.1888732

NEED MOAR ANSWERS

>> No.1888738

Nobody knows me as an avid reader, so I will never get this as a gift nor will I buy one because looking at a screen for too long will hurt my eyes. And well, I like having a collection of books. Makes me look smart.

>> No.1888748

i use a kindle, only for books that are too big for me to carry around everyday, or if i am on a vacation.

it cannot replace the feel and smell of a book.

i like to buy books that i love so that i can let people borrow them; and just in case the kindle eats shit i have a hard copy.

i got it as a gift.

if you want to to anything other than read don't get one. all i do it read so its ok for me.

>> No.1888750

I have one.

I got over the bookish novelty element of the thing and realized that practicality is much more worth it. Also, it reads like a book, and retains the same elements of a book. Do I really need binding?

If it's not available, which a lot aren't, unsurprisingly, then I have my failsafe physical books. That's the thing about e-readers, especially Kindles; if you can't pay for them one way, then you're paying in another.

>> No.1888754
File: 295 KB, 450x616, coperta_1395_big.gif.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I do. A lot.

Why did you get one?
>To read books (duh). Serious answer: Practicality.

>Because 1. Not everything is available as an e-book; 2. I will always own a physical copy of my favorite books 3. "Special" books like: rarities, collector items, books filled with illustrations and beautifully crafted, children books etc.

>> No.1888772

+1. Sony ereader.

Got it mainly for scholarly articles, most often in .pdf format, to save paper, also because of library.nu and IRC (to save money), and because I travel a lot.

I still prefer the paper bound format, whatever it may be that I'm reading. Reading a physical book still has more quality for me, and I think it will, at least for another 5-10 years if not for my lifetime. I think I just like having the spatial impression of a book/document before me.

>> No.1888797

>Thirld world EU country citizen
>Decided to buy ereader
>Sony Daily Reader not available in EU
>SDR official site: US: out of stock

what...?

>> No.1888894

>Me, frequently.

Why did you get one?
>Its practical. I used to read loads as a kid but as I got older I stopped almost completely. With access to almost every book I can think of for free, I'm reading again when I otherwise wouldn't.

>Not everything is available. I don't care about books being books though - the digital files are just as good.

>> No.1888904

I have a Kindle and I love it.

I got it because a lot of books I want to read are free thereon, either because public domain or because pirates. I find it easier and more pleasing to read than a physical book, and I love technology.

I never buy books, but I still regularly use my library for books I can't find in ebook format.

>> No.1888918

Fuck yeah. Reading the ASOIAF series at the moment. No way would I have paid around £25 for the books though.

>> No.1889041

does /lit/ think that physical books will go the way of vinyl - completely out of fashion, discarded on side of the road , only to come back a few years later as a treasured format which commands a higher price then the modern ?

>> No.1889054

I got a kindle for my birthday and it's fantastic.
If it's not on #bookz I'll buy a physical copy though.

>> No.1889056

viral marketing

>> No.1889068

>How many of you actually use ebook readers?
I have a nook and very rarely read physical copies anymore.

>Why did you get one?
I'm an expat living in a country where english language books are difficult to find.

The ebook reader allows me to:
- Download new books in my language whenever I want (via VPN).
- Lightweight and compact, allowing me to take it anywhere.
- Eliminates the need to haul books and back and forth to the US, freeing up my luggage weight for other things.
- Long battery life is necessary for me due the long flights I often take.
- Non-backlit screen has a paper like appearance and is glare free.
- The nook supports epub format. In hindsight this wasn't as important as I first thought since I'm largely content to rely on B&N.
- I like the idea of effectively using technology. This is a very space/weight efficient option that accomplishes the same thing as physical books.

>Why would you ever get another physical book if you have an ebook reader?
Collector's editions, antique books, no access to ereader and need something to read, etc. Despite my preference for ereaders, I'm still a bit of a bibliophile at heart. I wouldn't mind building a large library after I retire and settle down, thought this is a long ways off.

>> No.1889077

> How many of you actually use ebook readers?

i don't know.

> Why did you get one?

i wanted one.

because I like reading physical books too.

>> No.1889085

I have a Kindle

I got it for my 20th birthday

I use it because it lets me read on my daily commute without all the wear and tear that happens to books from constantly being stuffed in a bag which will get squashed and bashed during the journey.

>> No.1889098

I have a Kindle and I use it regularly. And yes, it was a gift. I didn't think it would be that great, but I've been entirely converted.

I still buy physically books. Sometimes it's because they're not available as ebooks (in particular, there are a lot of older books and nonfiction that's not avaiable from legitimate sellers or on #bookz), but more often it's because I buy books compulsively.

>> No.1889118

I'll be getting a Kindle in the next week or two, hopefully.

I wanted to get one so I could read on train journeys or whatever while not having to carry around more than one book.

I'm still going to buy some books to finish off series I've already got some, like Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear. It'd absolutely fuck me off if I had two in physical and one only on Kindle. Also for books not available on Kindle.

>> No.1889138
File: 94 KB, 950x618, LBook_eReader_V3_enl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've got lbook eReader V3+, I bought it more than two years ago.
I got it because it was painful and uncomforable to read from a computer screen, and I read a lot and I'm not ready to pay for most books, plus a lot of books you just cannot find in stores, also I read a lot in English, and that's a real problem to find foreign books in my country. To order books via the internet is too expensive (you pay for delivery more than for a book itself).
Sometimes I still buy actual books. They are either nice-looking books with pictures or some antique books I wish to have in paper.

>> No.1889143
File: 928 KB, 191x190, mrtdance.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i have a kindle

>Why did you get one?
my local used bookstore doesn't have a lot of the books i want to read.
i don't really have the money to buy all the books i want to read.
i have found and downloaded most of the books i want to read for free on the internet, but i don't want to sit at my computer all the time reading them.
i hate having to pack an extra bag full of books when i go on vacation.

ereaders can break or become obsolete.
i prefer having physical copies of the media that i really enjoy.

>> No.1889291

I have one.
It was a gift.
I usually don't. I download most of my books of Mediafire the same way I download music. I've bought a few of Barnes & Noble's website, though. Also, if I have some cash and I'm in a bookstore and something catches my eye I'll buy it.

>> No.1889306

I bought the basic wi-fi Kindle 3 a couple weeks ago. $139 seemed like a good price for what I was getting and after reviewing all of the options, I figured that the Kindle would be the best for me, mainly due to its appearance and its interface.

I've downloaded both a lot of the free books from Amazon's Kindle Store and a lot of ebook torrents and I've read about a dozen books so far. I find that the reading is a lot easier on the Kindle than with most physical books, not only due to the ease of page turning and the fact that I can change the text size, but also due to the built-in dictionary.

PDF support is a little shoddy and you need to format the files in a specific way to make them truly readable, but even though I originally bought it in order to read the many PDF textbooks that I own, I've found that reading regular books on it is enough for me.

If I happen to come across a cheap book that I'd like to read or even own at a yard sale or a secondhand shop, I'll definitely buy it, but I haven't bought a new book in a long time ($15-20 seems like a lot of money to me when I can get the same thing for a quarter if I find it at Good Will). I have no problems with buying physical copies of books since I like having them around to fill up my bookshelves, but the Kindle is simply too convenient for me to not make it my primary reading source.

I'd say that it's definitely worth the money (and it seems as if ~$139 is a decently cheap price considering some of the newer technology out today) if you read a lot, and it has helped me get back into reading a lot, which is something that I wasn't doing as much due to the high cost of a new book and the inconvenience of carrying around a lot of large books.

>> No.1889313

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opZCUT8AFE0

>> No.1889382
File: 3 KB, 104x126, yay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a Kobo Touch and it is fucking fantastic. I love it more than my husband, I think.

>Why did you get one?
I got tired of reading ebooks on my computer and carrying books around with me all the time got really old.

Limited editions, illustrated editions, all-time favorites, etc.

>> No.1889426

I do, I got one so that I can save a bunch of money on books.

>> No.1889432

I own one.

I received as a gift for my bithday.

If I had to yes. It's super convenient. I can now put textbooks on so I don't have to be ripped off by my school's bookstore. I can have a full library right in the palm of my and. I don't have to carry around many books at once if I have to read more than one.

I would buy a physical one if I had to. But as of now, I don't have to.

>> No.1889534
File: 51 KB, 600x800, prs300russified.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I got my PRS300 for christmas in '09 and I've been using it ever since.

Even russified it.

>> No.1889593
File: 21 KB, 484x169, husband-comments-myspace-1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1889382
>I love it more than my husband
bitch

>> No.1889627

>>1889056
>Go on holiday for two weeks.
>This sad cunt is still posting the same cunty bullshit.

Nice to see /lit/ never changes.

>> No.1889631

I have one. I got it to read books while moving around a lot.

I get real books because I enjoy them.

>> No.1889634
File: 76 KB, 513x603, books.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I brought a secondhand Kindle 2 from a work colleague, then brought the Kindle 3 once it became available.

>Why did you get one?
Free books. Pic related.

If I can't find the book I'm looking for on the internet, then yes. Otherwise, no

>> No.1889643

I use the Kindle and Nook apps for my iPhone.

I travel for business a lot and having a single device is important. The apps let me carry a wide range of books with me, including manuals that I use for work.

I still get manuals and reference works physically so that I can make notes inside them more readily

>> No.1889671

How easy is it to pirate books on a Kindle?

Best model for the cash?

>> No.1889675

>>1889634
Seems easy enough:
>>1889671

>> No.1889677

>>1889675
Ah, didn't see that. Good. Do the newer models have any real advantage over the older ones?

>> No.1889769

>>1889677
Bump for answers

>> No.1889772

1. I own a kindle

2. Practicality. Size. To dl free books. Sue me.

3. If it's a really great novel (obvious subjective but to each his own) then I'll spend the money for a hardback.

>> No.1889781

>>1889769
>>1889677
Not really. Grab yourself a third generation Kindle [the basic Wi-Fi only version] download a program called Calibre, load up some torrents [make sure the files are .mobi as this way you won't have to convert].

Once the books are downloaded, hook up your Kindle, run Calibre and copy the files over.

>> No.1889801

I have to say, the Kindle is kinda like being given the opportunity to stand before a vault of all the world's riches with the key sitting idly in the door with no one in sight.

>> No.1891518

B to the U to MP

>> No.1891524

>>1888668
I like physical books
I like flicking through the pages and smelling the paper
I like writing in the margins
I like the way that they work as insulation after they have been read.
I like the way they never have to run out of batteries
I like the way I can give them to someone else after I am done without out worrying about format compatability issues
I like to be able to skip ahead and back through the book
I like to lift up the next page as I am approaching the end of the page I am on.
I like the way they smell when they burn

>> No.1891530

I use it for school. I study engineering in a foreign country. Books weigh a lot, this saves room, paper, and luggage capacity when traveling. Unsure of using it for /lit/.

>> No.1891535

Last night I picked up a Kindle in the leather case w/ light for the price of the Kindle on ebay, so that was good. And now I can read books for free, so that is good. Now if, only I could get /lit/ in a certain mindset. The one that realizes if only they buy 1 ebook that's not available for free online, strip it of its DRM/convert and give to /lit/ charity - and everyone does that! - we will all be in /lit/ heaven.

Unfortunately /lit/ is too dumb/cheap/honest for that.

>> No.1891552

So where do you guys get your books from? I mean, without paying for them. And which ebook reader is best for this?

I like buying hardcovers but I hate reading them. It always feels like I'm ruining the book by reading it.

>> No.1891557

>>1891552
That is a weird point of view isn't a books job to be read?

>> No.1891563

>>1891552

Just bought the Kindle 3, but I think the Nook Color is also worth checking out (I'm going to buy one of those, too. To try out). It can easily be rooted and doubled as a tablet for 1/3 the price.

As far as free book - they're everywhere. Google the book in question with torrent. Look it up on filestube. It's out there somewhere. Then all you have to do is convert it to mobileformat (.mobi) and add it to your kindle folder. Done.

>> No.1891578

>>1891557
Yeah it is, but I like to find books with specific covers. I collect and display them, so when I read them its just not comfortable. I always have to be careful not to scuff it or bend a corner. I almost always buy two copies of every book; one for reading and the other for display. OCD i guess.

>>1891563
I see. I was worried about the whole DRM thing and not being able to read a format on some readers. I understand you can convert using calibre but is DRM ever an issue?

Also it looks like the nook colour has an LCD screen. I think I like the e-ink better.

Thanks for the info.

>> No.1891598

>>1891578
Strange I like to bend the pages in the books I read. Give then that worn look. I don't even read them I just make sure it looks like I have, best way to pull chicks.

>> No.1891623

>>1891552
Torrent sites (Demonoid, Baconbits). You can download EPubs (100 - 2000 KB per book) and copy them onto the latest nook via USB or through an SD card.

>> No.1891629
File: 37 KB, 490x428, kindle-vs-new-nook-touch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1891578
Even if Kindle is the most popular e-reader, the most widely available e-book format it's not MOBI (Kindle's native format) but EPUB (maybe because it's supported by everyone else and Apple).

>nook colour has an LCD screen. I think I like the e-ink better.
Good call, get the Nook Touch.

>> No.1891631

>>1891578

Yeah, that's why I got drunk and went with the Kindle when I saw a good price (the auction ended at 8am est. which wasn't smart when you only sell in the US. it had a value of 250 and he was a dumb redneck, so I believed him when he said he had only used it 4-hours. anyways...). I'm 30, middle-working class and could care less about a tablet. I have a computer and just want to read. Still going to try out the Nook Color, though.........

DRM is not a problem to strip. Download and follow directions:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1WN1F54H

>> No.1891632

Do any ereaders allow you to make playlists for easy organizing ("horror," "biography," etc) or are you stuck with having to go through page after page of books to get what you want?

>> No.1891636

>>1891632
Kindle does - they're called 'collections'.

>> No.1891639

>>1891552
Demonoid. Couple of hours {depending on your collection} and you can have 10,000 high quality {in terms of the formatting} books ready to send over to your device

>> No.1891642

>>1891629
Kindle will have .epub support before the end of the year

>> No.1891644

>>1891639

Don't count on one torrent source, neither demonoid nor piratebay. Check'em and then google title w/ torrent or download included in your search. Also check filestube.com as there are a shitload of books uploaded to fileshosts.

>> No.1891698

>>1891631

Cool, thanks

>> No.1891725 [DELETED] 

>>1891698

No problem. If you don't already have calibre, here's the instructions with calibre (which is necessary).

Also important to note that you can only strip DRM if you have your Kindle serial registered to the calibre through the packaged plugins - if you have an actual Kindle. If you buy an ebook through Kindle for PC -

http://www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/pc/download/ref=amb_link_151449822_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd
_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=085AZ06JB3EHJAY0MEGF&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=1289134842&pf_rd_i=100

all you need to do is buy and follow the instructions to strip/convert. In any case, it's easy to do and there's no reason we all shouldn't purchase a book, after extensively searching and trying to find to no avail, and sharing it. It's a buy 1 get everything else free type of deal. If no other kind anon has initiated the process, by the time I have received my Kindle, I will purchase at least one book that can't be found online and hope it's just the beginning of a never-ending pile of ebooks that can't otherwise be found online.

You can both purchase from B&N - which is definitely the advantage of Nook over Kindle as it offers over a 1mil+ more ebooks in the epub format without having to strip anything and it is easily converted - or Amazon which offer in .azw format and has to at least be stripped of DRM.

>> No.1891745

No problem. If you don't already have calibre, here's the instructions with calibre (which is necessary).

www.megaupload.com/?d=6WR5X6QH

Also important to note that you can only strip DRM if you have your Kindle serial registered to the calibre through the packaged plugins - if you have an actual Kindle. If you buy an ebook through Kindle for PC -

www.amazon.com/gp/kindle/pc/download/ref=amb_link_151449822_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd
_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=085AZ06JB3EHJAY0MEGF&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=1289134842&pf_rd_i=100

all you need to do is buy and follow the instructions to strip/convert. In any case, it's easy to do and there's no reason we all shouldn't purchase a book, after extensively searching and trying to find to no avail, and sharing it. It's a buy 1 get everything else free type of deal. If no other kind anon has initiated the process, by the time I have received my Kindle, I will purchase at least one book that can't be found online and hope it's just the beginning of a never-ending pile of ebooks that can't otherwise be found online.

You can both purchase from B&N - which is definitely the advantage of Nook over Kindle as it offers over a 1mil+ more ebooks in the epub format without having to strip anything and it is easily converted - or Amazon which offers ebooks in .azw format and has to at least be stripped of DRM.

.....and therefore we all should get an ereader/Amazon for PC, if for nothing else, but to make books that would not otherwise be available, for free, online. Just check ebay, bid and eventually you will get a good deal. Hell, you can get a brand new Kindle from amazon - if you do not mind special offers ie "commercials" - for $114. It includes wifi. The other Kindle - the one that include 3g - is unnecessary if you have internet and easy access to wifi as the only reason you will ever need 3G is to buy a book online. Anyways...

Thank you and have a very nice morning/day/afternoon/night.

EPIC2000

>> No.1891762

Oh, and since I didn't make it clear, if you purchase from your Kindle/PC account, you won't have to strip anything. All you will have to do is upload the .azw file (they give you five) to either mediafire or megaupload and we can easily convert it ourselves as it does not have to be stripped (beta phase and untested, but that is the way I have understood it).

>> No.1891771

WAIT A SECOND

SO /LIT/ IS GOING TO START BUYING ALL EBOOKS THAT AREN'T CURRENTLY ONLINE FOR FREE AND THEN UPLOADING LIKE I DID SANSHIRO?

FUCK YES

>> No.1891776

>>1891771
>>1891771

>THEN UPLOADING LIKE I DID SANSHIRO?

oh look it's capsguy taking credit for an idea 'Where's Butters when you need a Republican shot in the dick?' is getting off the ground

never seen that before
just kidding, of course i fucking have

>> No.1891809
File: 20 KB, 295x370, 1231231.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

1. Real books don't run out of batteries.

2. Real books are less valuable than e-readers (and tablet computers) so you don't have to constantly worry about someone taking it.

3. Books are more durable, can withstand elements better, and are less expensive to replace.

4. Real books are easier to bookmark (and quickly switch back and forth between pages). You can also doodle all over them if you so please.

5. If you're involved in academic debate, most tournaments don't allow the use of electronic devices during preparation or debate round time.

6. Reading a book makes you look smart. If you're using an kindle (which looks quite similar to most tablet computers, to the untrained eye) people will just figure you're checking facebook or watching porn.

7. If you have a bookcase of books, when other people come over they can quickly spot books they have also read, and you can find common ground with that person quickly. A book on your shelf is like a trophy; it displays that you have taken precious time to read it.

8. Physical books can be resold easily. You don't have to worry about operating systems, or licenses. You can hand them to another person (who may not have a device to read an e-book on), and they can begin reading them immediately.

9. You can get your physical book autographed by its author.

These are just a handful that popped into my head. There's probably many more.

I am considering getting a tablet computer just to use for subscriptions to periodicals and newspapers, though.

>> No.1891813

>>1891809

I'll tell you one positive thing about living in the USA: my books never get stolen.

>> No.1891817

>>1891813
I have to admit that one made me laugh. Though it's another story with textbooks on a college campus...

>> No.1891818

>>1891809
>"real books"
Fuck you Gramps

>> No.1891820
File: 230 KB, 373x582, 1307610682976.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1891818
thou mad?

>> No.1891823

>>1891776

It was my idea, but in his defense he was the first and only to contribute and did outright say what i as trying to do. Hopefully he loses the caps, troll and starts buying more books that we are interested in. Anyways, I just bought a book through Kindle PC and the theory is correct - you don't have to strip. Starting a new thread....

>> No.1891832

>>1891809

>1. Real books don't run out of batteries.

So? The battery lasts long enough that it never inconveniences me.

>2. Real books are less valuable than e-readers (and tablet computers) so you don't have to constantly worry about someone taking it.

Physical books sometimes have sentimental attachments to them, and if it gets stolen it's worse than if a cheap ebook reader gets stolen.

>4. Real books are easier to bookmark (and quickly switch back and forth between pages).

Nope

>6. Reading a book makes you look smart.

Poser

>7. A book on your shelf is like a trophy; it displays that you have taken precious time to read it.

Poser.

You sound like a cunt.

>> No.1891838

>>1891832
>Physical books sometimes have sentimental attachments to them, and if it gets stolen it's worse than if a cheap ebook reader gets stolen.
Nobody has stolen a book in 86 years. Prove me wrong.

>> No.1891846
File: 173 KB, 838x265, idiot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1891832

I'm not replying to this kind of shit (>>1891809) and neither should you. See pic.

>> No.1891849

>>1891838
>implying backpacks never get stolen
>implying people don't keep their books in their backpacks

idiot

>> No.1891858

THIS ISN'T EVEN A NEW IDEA

WE'VE BEEN DISCUSSING SCANNING AND BUYING EBOOKS AND THEN DISTRIBUTING TO EVERYONE FOR AGES, EXCEPT NO ONE REALLY JUMPED ON THE BANDWAGON OTHER THAN RAVEN.

BUT ANYWAYS, IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER, AS LONG AS WE SHARE, IT'S ALL GOOD.

>> No.1891863

>>1891849
>implying you get sarcasm

>> No.1891873

>>1891858

Please get the fuck out of lit or stop the CAPS. You're not so much a contribution that you have that right ie you are often retarded.

>> No.1891876

>>1891832
You calling me a poser doesn't change how other people perceive you through how you present yourself in public. Many people do mentally connect the act of reading with being educated, and thus "smart." That's the way it is, so tough titties.

Also, if physical books have sentimental value attached to them (as you say they might), then wouldn't you say that would in fact make them superior to e-books?

>> No.1891881

yeah

gift

house of leaves

>> No.1891884

PROOF I WAS RIGHT, THIS: "WE ALL DO A BIT AND EVERYONE BENEFITS THING" HAS BEEN AROUND LONG BEFORE YOUR THREAD. THANKS FOR DISCREDITING RAVEN BROWNBEAR, WHO SCANNED IN HOJOKI AND THE KEY BY TANIZAKI AND THEN UPLOADED IT TO MEDIAFILE? HMMMMM

message 10: by Capsguy
Jun 16, 2011 05:03am

Capsguy: I was thinking, perhaps we could make our own little scanning group on /lit/. I do recall some time ago a guy randomly added some stuff and uploaded it for us.

message 8: by Capsguy
Jun 15, 2011 05:52am

Capsguy: Some Japanese free/public domain stuff I found on Amazon that most probably isn't in the Japanese literature file.

GO FUCK YOURSELF, I AM HERE TO STAY. BUT TO SAY I AM SOME KIND OF COPIER, CAPSGUY IS NOT THAT. YOU THINK I AM HERE WITH ASPIRATIONS TO CONTRIBUTE TO A SPECIFIED AMOUNT? LOLNO

>> No.1891890

>>1891884

WOW

>> No.1891894

>>1891890
YEAH. JUST PROVING BROWNBEAR WRONG, YET AGAIN...

>> No.1891897
File: 91 KB, 464x476, fabulous attatched to a stickman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1891884
>>1891884

and you think you're the first person ever on /lit/. to do this?

try again capscunt!

>says he has me filtered when i go leo TOLDstoy on him in another thread
>keeps replying to my posts

bahahahahaha

>YOU THINK I AM HERE WITH ASPIRATIONS TO CONTRIBUTE TO A SPECIFIED AMOUNT?
where did i say that?

>> No.1891902

>>1891894

Shit, what did Brown Bear do wrong? Why don't you stop using your fucking caps?

>> No.1891909
File: 26 KB, 298x450, dat ginger kid.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1891902
>>1891902

he's capsguy, he likes to let people know who he is but is very anti-tripfag, he dislikes me because we kept getting into arguments and i kept, basically, beating him. He then (as in the other thread) said that he was blocking my tripcode but kept on replying to my posts

:3

he won't ever take the caps off, wait until he starts posting pictures of himself on holiday and talking about having sex with some Japanese girl, honestly, you won't be waiting long.

also i'll buy a book later on i think, when i com back from going out, to share.

>> No.1891915

>>1891909
THE FILTERING WAS AS A RESULT OF YOUR DAILY GREEN TEXT THREADS ABOUT YOU BOASTING ABOUT SOCIAL/SEXUAL ENCOUNTERS WITH WOMEN THAT DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN, AND YOU ARE WHINING ABOUT MY TALKING ABOUT MY ACTUAL SEXUAL ADVENTURES HERE AND THERE?

SEEMS LIKE JEALOUSY TO ME

IT'S OKAY, I UNDERSTAND

I NEVER SAID I WAS THE FIRST WITH THIS IDEA. BUT YOU SAID THAT I WAS COPYING BUTTERS WHEN IN FACT I'D STARTED BEFORE THE THREAD IN WHICH BUTTERS HAD FIRST STATED THE SUGGESTION. IN SUMMATION, YOU WRONG, I RIGHT.

THE ASPIRATIONS THING WAS DIRECTED TO BUTTERS.

>> No.1891916

>>1891909

That would be great. Please post in the other thread and not this one. And make sure you grab Cows as it is legit.

>> No.1891921 [DELETED] 

An extension of this thread >>1891851

>> No.1891924

>>1891909
Posting the version of Hell Screen I scanned and sent to you doesn't count as buying a book and sharing it.

>> No.1891926

>>1891915
>>1891915
>THAT DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN,
nope they all DID happen, and my threads were about literature, not just off-topic shit posts

anyways, take your crying out of this thread please, you're disrupting the literature discussion with your off-topic eyesore posts.

as usual.

ugh.

>> No.1891928

>>1891926
You wake up on the wrong side of the bed, sweetie?

>> No.1891935

>>1891926
'LITERATURE DISCUSSION'

THREAD ABOUT E-READERS

HMMMMMMMM

>>1891924
I NEVER ONCE REFERENCED YOU IN THIS DISCUSSION, KINDLY FUCK OFF.

>> No.1891937
File: 65 KB, 279x200, Picture 3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1891935
lol i was just pointing out that Brownbear is going to do the same as he does on /mu/, claim credit for sharing stuff other people put online.

>> No.1891947
File: 544 KB, 900x603, confetti death.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1891937
>>1891937

>thinks you need to upload your own stuff for a sharethread
also, where in this thread did i claim ownership of your PDF?

>> No.1891950

OH, SORRY THEN TOM. YOU CAN SEE HOW I TOOK IT THE WRONG WAY, RIGHT? I THOUGHT YOU REPLIED TO BB AS A MISTAKE. WILL YOU EVER FORGIVE ME? :(

>> No.1891960

>>1891947
I was just sayin' man, since you've not been reading as much as you were going to or anything else, why would you spend time scanning something in? I mean yes you claimed to scan some essays in at the library but nothing else.
You don't have to but I guess it's common courtesy to upload your own files, hence why many people from /mu/ have their own mediafire account with a lot of albums there ie. Mogwai
I assume we're not reading The Invention of Morel today if you're busy gallivanting around and scanning in books so we'll do it another time.

>>1891950
It's fine, RE: your last goodreads message I have a few more of the short stories I'll check which ones then I'll message them over to you and see if you want to read any.

>> No.1891966

>>1891960
>>1891960

>yes you claimed
>claimed
are you trying to say they weren't mine?

>You don't have to but I guess it's common courtesy to upload your own files
not really, unless they're your own CD rips that isn't how it's done

>I assume we're not reading The Invention of Morel today
already read 30 pages you dick, but fuck you.

>> No.1891972

>scanning in books
i said i was buying an ebook, not buying a physical book and then scanning it in.

>> No.1891977

>>1891966
Send me Morel then and I'll get started on it.
I guess I should have bought E^12 and shared it, but I haven't registered my kindle so I wasn't sure about actually buying ebooks don't get it.

>> No.1891983

I got one, gifted to me. I still prefer to have the solid copy of books I love. Also, what an anon said before me, some books sent even in the store.

>> No.1891991

>>1891977
>>1891977

http://www.mediafire.com/?lauirvjhubvsb51

>> No.1891994

>>1891991
Okay I'll aim to have read all of if not most of it by tonight.

>> No.1892792

Not a single contribution to the new thread >>1891851