[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 71 KB, 650x405, 49107356.DSC_0026.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1884827 No.1884827 [Reply] [Original]

/lit/izens, I have recently started a new job. It is mindnumbingly boring. As such, I am coming to you for help.

I want deep philosophical problems or whatever for me to mull over during whilst I endure my 10-hour days - just watching the clock while I work gets old fast.

So ethical questions, ancient riddles or philosophical conundrums - lets hear them.

Pic related, it's deep shit.

>> No.1884987 [DELETED] 

Bump.

>> No.1884991

Does god exist?

Keeps people thinking for a lifetime.

>> No.1884998

http://www.ashidakim.com/zenkoans/zenindex.html

>> No.1885023

>>1884998

Not really what I'm looking for, I want stuff I can memorise beforehand and then think about - it's manual labour, I won't have any access to a computer.

>> No.1885033

From a biological standpoint, life exists to survive, and spread.

Why?

Since the universe is so so old, it's possible that life has existed or is existing in other places. However, none have ever contacted us in a readily apparent fashion.
So are we alone? Or is there no realistically possible way to cross the vast expanses of space?

What is the end game? Even if the world united, if one viewpoint prevailed and there was world peace (or whatever), what then? What is there to do, other than survive and spread?

What makes Christianity/Catholicism/Judaism so apprehensively dominant, when they grew up in a world of Roman, Greek, Norse and Egyptian pantheons?

>> No.1885039

If you have done everything you wanted to do in your life, is suicide an acceptable choice? Should it be encouraged?

>> No.1885046

If you're incapable of posing the questions on your own you're probably incapable of seriously pondering them

>> No.1885053

If prostitution was legal and watched over, so that there was no-to-little abuse of the system, would a lot of male angst go away? Would there be less 'drama' in between genders? Would females take advantage? How would that change things?

How much money (and thus influence) would a person need to be able to hunt down and kill someone for sport in an American city, and completely get away with it?

>> No.1885122

Is shroedinger's cat alive or dead? Can we say? Why/why not?

>> No.1885381

>>1885053
>How much money (and thus influence) would a person need to be able to hunt down and kill someone for sport in an American city, and completely get away with it?

I wonder this every day.

>> No.1885386

>>1885381
Uh, they would just have to be a police officer. True story.