[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 538 KB, 2400x3672, the_diary_of_a_young_girl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.18845428 [Reply] [Original]

Diary thread
Post excerpts from your Diary or other Diaries you like

>> No.18845471

on Spengler, from Reck's Diary of a Man in Despair
>He was the kind of man who likes to eat alone—a melancholy-eyed feaster at a great orgy of eating. With a certain amusement, I recall one evening when he joined Albers and me for a light supper. It was during the final weeks of the First World War, when there was not a great deal one could set before one’s guests. But, discoursing and declaiming the whole time, Spengler finished an entire goose without leaving us, his table companions, so much as a bite.
>After I had met him, still before his first major success, he asked me not to come to visit him at his little apartment. The reason he gave was that his apartment was too confined, and he wanted to show me his library in surroundings appropriate to its monumental scope.
>Then, in 1926, after he had found his way to the mighty rulers of heavy industry and had moved to expensive Widenmayerstrasse on the banks of the Isar, he did, indeed, invite me to see the succession of huge rooms in his apartment there. He showed me his carpets and paintings, and even his bed—which was truly worth seeing, because it looked more like a catafalque—but he became visibly disconcerted when I said that I was still looking forward to seeing the library.
>After overcoming his reluctance to show it to me, I found myself in a rather small room. And there—on a well-battered walnut bookstand, alongside a row of Ullstein books and detective stories—stood what are commonly called ‘dirty books’.

>> No.18845474

>>18845428
Dear dairy, today i had already suicidal thought but then i remember that others also should suffer not only me, so my hate keeps me one more day alive.

thanx op that was very assuring

>> No.18845498

>>18845428
Here's an entry from a week ago

4:11 A.M.
I'm not sure if I'll be able to sleep tonight. I'll certainly need to take adderall this morning to wake up. Currently, I'm looking at photos of Agatha on my phone. I'm not sure if someone can be too beautiful for language to describe; however, I know that Agatha's beauty far surpasses my literary talent, and, also, I know that the act of looking at her, for me, is so rewarding and enchanting and placating that I feel no words nor desire to conjure words within me. I don't think of the future, or the past, or creating written records, or anything of the sort. When I look at her I feel content with the wordless present moment.

>> No.18845534

I literally can not sleep.

>> No.18845545

>>18845474
dear diary, i thought i was a racist, then i realised i hate all human beings, not just blacks. i have decided to replace the swastika with the ultimate symbol of misantrophy - the bycicle.

>> No.18845595

>>18845534
this

>> No.18845809
File: 31 KB, 678x710, 1628945528576.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Jan 9

Yesterday I had the worst night of my life. I put away the mic and other setup for art, I know I will never use any of it again. But then I felt horrible, I wanted to kill myself and I couldn't sleep until late in the morning, and then I had a dream where I was walking in a village and inside the houses were lepers, dead people, prostitutes. A man with leprosy was standing in the streets and he saw that I was disgusted by this all, so he started chasing me and laughing, spitting at me, his mouth foaming. I ran away but he'd catch up. Eventually I grabbed a knife and I stabbed him, over and over, and he was dead.

>> No.18845831

An ordinary person engages in social interaction with family to alleviate loneliness, in contrast I view it as a necessary cost, safeguarding the parasitic nature of my relationship I rely on.
I weigh up the harm versus benefit and portion off a calculated amount of my time.
Begrudgingly enduring the draining presence of others to claim a reward.
If these words were brush strokes the painting would depict a grotesque abomination,
a self-image realized by being aware selfishness is the driving force of desire.

>> No.18845848

This was from 3 months ago.

To speak! To know how to speak! To know how to exist using the written voice and the intellectual image! Life is worth nothing more; the rest are men and women, imagined loves and false vanities, digestive subterfuges and those of oblivion, people who race around like insects when a stone is lifted, under the vast abstract rock of the unfeeling blue sky.

>> No.18845885
File: 275 KB, 513x513, tfw the antidepressants hit.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18845428

>> No.18846022

>>18845498
That chick from ABBA?

>> No.18846446

>>18845545
I thought i hate all human being specially whites, but then i realized, that i hate the others even more.

>> No.18846686

>>18846022
Nooo
ThreemilkT
Agga
Aggie
My one true love

>> No.18846705
File: 560 KB, 1720x2048, what college does to you.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18846686
Your "waifu" has the thousand cock stare, anon.

>> No.18846713

>>18845428
The part where Kafka is bitching about his education on his diaries are pretty based.

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.499492/page/n15/mode/2up

July 19, specially that he wrote it multiple times, thought it was really cool to see multiple versions of the same idea. In the sense of being able to check out a "iterative" approach to writing.

>> No.18846721
File: 1.60 MB, 1080x1350, a9ce0273a77968d0fb2994c07fa95a587e8110870e4c45f716e3b4a6af3fe24b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18846705
Literally cannot be her
Makes absolutely no sense
Compare that photo with pic related
They are not the same person

>> No.18846732

>>18845428
heres my last entry
>8/12/2021 dear diary: I forgot to write yesterday's entry. nothing happened though. nothing happened today either... tomorrow I will try to do some writing, but I said the same thing yesterday...

>> No.18846735
File: 369 KB, 1280x1707, 1581924682248.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18846721
She's gone, anon. Time to throw out the cumsock.

>> No.18846738

>>18845428
I found my diary entry on an old memmory card back when i was 16 lmaaoo thought i should share here
I can't believe the shit i was doing as a teen

Dear Diary,
Right now i'm at my boyfriend's house and they're all out the market to buy fruits and alcohol? I'm not really sure what was going on. They're thinking of drinking something and i've never drank before

I'm pretty meh about it

Not really excited only fascinated

His sister is taking a shower

Earlier today at 11am i was sucking him off in the parking lot and some dude spotted us and we had to run away

It was pretty funny and exciting

Sorta hot

I hope that guy doesnt remember us though. He'll probably tell his mates about this haha

I literally have no class

I'm silent today and kind of sleepy. I wonder if i'll regret this later

Me and friends came to visit [friend] today

She's kind of an internet friend? She's short though and i imagined her being alot prettier

Who am i to judge though haha i'm pretty ugly

I only look good in pictures because i mastered angles and filters.

Sitting in the living room rightnow

It's pretty quiet without them around. Fishes are swimming and i can see my reflection in the mirror

I wonder why when im here i'm always sleepyprobably because of the effect of the light

I wonder if my friends will miss me after i killmyself finally

His little cousins are pretty cute

God

Why wasnt i that cute in my younger years

Why am i so fucking ugly

He'll probably leave me for a more charismatic and pretty girl

WITH GREAT HAIR

MY HAIR IS ALWAYS SHIT
Aaaaa his aunt is here

Aaaaaaaaabits her

Itsher its her

Aaaaaaaaaaaa

Aaaaaa

SHE KNOWS WE'RE GONNA DRINK SHE KNOW SHE KNOWS WHY WAS I LEFT HERE RREEEE
Hahaha

Ahh

Ahaha
Ahhaahahhahahaha

Hhahhaahhaha

Fuckufjcufjcuj

>> No.18846776

>>18846735
Never
Same with Anne frank
Both alive and well in my heart as part of my (lesbian?) jew girl harem

>> No.18846799

Woke around 5am. Had a bad dream, something to do with The Exorcist. I remember that demon face . . . then I went back to sleep and dreamt some more, though I barely remember it. Slugs? Yesterday when filling up the recycling bin I saw a great ugly slug under the lid. Maybe that triggered it. I woke again finally about noon. Noon seems to be a habit now.

2.15 I got up, took my pill, made a cup of tea, and grabbed a sandwich. I could have and should have done this two hours ago, but instead I loitered in bed jerking my cock. I don't even cum half the time. When working I am out of bed immediately. I should foster that same sense of time on my days off. Although . . . after eating my sandwich I suddenly thought 'Now I just have another 10 hours or so to fill'. I felt quite daunted by this, and empty because I had time and nothing meaningful to fill it with. I suppose it is hard to convince yourself to get out of bed and stop idly rubbing your cock when you have no reason to get up.

I continue browsing my huge library looking for something to read. I take a book and read the first few pages and move on, unsatisfied. I ended up reading Last Days by Brian Evenson. It started off intriguing but soon became a slog that just didn't really make sense to me. It was like a hard boiled style novel about a guy who had been in an amputee cult undercover and had been amputated himself and left for dead and then falling going on the run only to fall in with another amputee cult who thought he was Christ resurrected and egged him on to massacre the other cult who had originally amputated him. Things just seemed to happen for no reason, the characters were stupid, it felt like a short story that dragged on too long (and it was originally a short story then expanded). After a third of the book I sped up my reading until I was just ripping through it, hardly reading it. Did not like it.

>> No.18846821

>>18846799
That's not the full diary entry, my entries are too long for one post. My diary entries are often quite long now, 500-1000 words a day or so. I use Standard Notes and that way I can type on my phone or my laptop and have it all sync up wherever I am and it's all encrypted.

I've been journaling almost every day since August 2020 now, which is my longest diary run ever. I feel compelled to write a new entry every day.

>> No.18846827
File: 293 KB, 680x680, 159002463275.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18845428
right this from yesterday

had a dream last night that i entered a large trendy clothing store with my cousins. The building was tall with primarily tracksuit jackets and anoraks being hung on each wall
high into the air, above the cloths, was an adidas advertisement. My cousins told me the man in the ad looked exactly like me, however there was a large beam of light coming through a window that made me unable to witness this ad for myself
having looked around the store, i found that there was only a single item that wasnt far to small for me to wear, a black adidas jacket that zipped up to the chin with white stripes

i now feel compelled to buy such a jacket outside of dreamland.
is this the beginning of corporations beaming ads into peoples subconscious?
yes? no? maybe so

>> No.18846915
File: 153 KB, 1099x734, image_2021-08-14_174946.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18846821
This is Standard Notes by the way. I've found it to be a good free app I can use as a diary no matter where I am. It can also all be backed up to txt files which is what I used before this app anyway.

>> No.18847209

>>18846915
Looks based. I use Penzu and it kinda sucks. When I load the web page I see, at the bottom left of my screen, quickly flashing text showing all the other sites it's connecting to, I think. It says things like "connecting to facebook.com" and "connecting to twitter.com"
It really activates my schizo side. Any /g/ people know what exactly this connection does or is for?
I think it would be for if and only if you want to share things on those sites, but could it actually be a data mine or something?

>> No.18848172

>>18845848
you mean you read pessoa 3 months ago?
>>18845831
only good post in the thread, nice insight.