[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 40 KB, 200x200, 1628150463902.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.18827261 [Reply] [Original]

The Book of Enoch very obviously contains the written accounts of psychoactive drug trips which resulted in contant with intelligent life.

>> No.18827269

The holy spirit is an euphemism for drugs

>> No.18827282

>>18827261
Psychoactive drugs are not necessary for transcendent realizations. It's just it's the only way your science-riddled brain can imagine higher possibilities. The men who recorded the Vedas, parts of the Old Testament, etc., were not drug users. Buddha explicitly taught against any use of drugs.

>> No.18827306

>>18827282
Religious hallucinatory experiences and those of psychoactive drugs are essentially the same.

>> No.18827342

>>18827306
As someone who has experienced both, they are quite different. They may both be alternate states of being. But there is a definite distinction between the two.

>> No.18827364

>>18827261
>muh drugs

>> No.18827420
File: 28 KB, 236x266, flyagaricchristianity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18827261
Shamanism plays a part in more world religions than people think it does. G.I. Gurdjieff, trained by Naqshbandi Sufis and who also traveled throughout Central Asia, the Middle East, the Near East, and the Far East, learning and staying at Tibetan Buddhist monasteries, from various dervish orders, wandering mendicants (Hindu fakirs and yogis), Orthodox monasteries, etc., has this to say about it:

There are schools which make use of narcotics in the right way. People in
these schools take them for self-study; in order to take a look ahead, to know
the possibilities better, to see beforehand, ‘in advance,’ what can be attained
later on as the result of prolonged work. When a man sees this and is convinced
that what he has learned theoretically really exists, he then works consciously,
he knows where he is going. Sometimes this is the easiest way of being con-
vinced of the real existence of those possibilities which man often suspects in
himself.

Basically, in modern terms, you could use Leary's 8-circuit model of consciousness, where psychedelic drugs get you into the higher circuits of consciousness temporarily, and you can use this to inspire learning how to get into these higher circuits permanently in daily waking life. Cf. also Robert Anton Wilson's "Prometheus Rising". The iconoclastic Zen master Ikkyu drinking wine freely even though it was prohibited by traditional Buddhism. Tantric Buddhist and Hindu teachings about breaking traditional precepts and freely but healthily and sanely enjoying sex and drugs.

According to "Among the Dervishes" by O.M. Burke, a traveler who learned and stayed from many Sufis in Central Asia, some of these sects (which G.I. Gurdjieff also supposedly learned and stayed from) had the tradition of getting inebriated on huge amounts of alcohol occasionally, and believed it was also an ancient Christian rite alluded to in the Scriptures as Christ drinking, breaking bread with tax collectors and prostitutes, and being called a glutton and a drunkard for doing so.

Christ is a prophet in Islam, remember, and in this book, some Sufis laconically tell O.M. Burke, "We are Christians," when asked what they think about Christianity. Sufis also historically had a knowledge of the inebriating effects of psilocybin mushrooms (see Idries Shah's "The Sufis" on this -- ironically, even though they knew and studied its effects, they didn't view it as the ideal or only way to get into higher states of consciousness, and warned of the risk of a "pseudo-enlightenment" of sorts it could lead to), opium, and hashish (Gurdjieff also discusses these latter two in his 'Meetings With Remarkable Men' about his travels in Central Asia, the Middle East, etc.).

Pic related is what some people think are amanita muscaria (or fly agaric) mushrooms being referenced in an ancient Christian mural.

>> No.18827445
File: 144 KB, 602x943, wilson_pope.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

In Terence McKenna's writings and speeches, the beings he saw while on drug trips are what he calls "machine elves," and he claims high doses of psilocybin and DMT lead to this similar realm of meeting these entities. Of course, in Amerindian shamanism, a more or less identical idea is presented of using hallucinogenic drugs to detach the spirit from the body and enter the spirit realm.

Modern materialistic neuroscience (eliminative materialism, reductionism, and the like) explains this all as "the delusions of an inebriated brain easily explained by neurochemistry." But they can't explain why we have experience, a self, or anything at all. What should be merely an instrument controlled by the soul (the brain, a material vehicle for the soul to manifest through), they use to explain and hand-wave their own soul away. In Castaneda's literature, this is referred to as "the first attention" (the physical life, waking life, ordinary perception), or the "tonal", and getting into the so-called "spirit realm" is the realm of the "nagual" or "second attention."

>this was OK until you mentioned that fraud Castaneda

Life is stranger than you know, that's all I have to say about that.

>> No.18827459

>>18827282
>Vedas
What do you think soma was?

>> No.18827504
File: 62 KB, 1100x312, 1610120159486.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18827420
insightful post, which of gurdjeff's works should I read first?

>> No.18827507
File: 287 KB, 1000x673, langanmoderneducationalinstitutions.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18827445
Of course, the eliminative materialist reductionist neuroscientist, in the vein of Daniel Dennett, is someone who, in Castaneda's terminology, would be firmly stuck in the "first attention" or the "tonal." When presented with things of the "nagual" or "second attention" (also the body of dreaming, according to Castaneda's literature -- the self we go into while dreaming), they, again, handwave it all away as being reducible to things of the "tonal" or "first attention," the physical material sensory waking normal life. But why? What do they use to justify this reduction? Why can't it be precisely the reverse?

>Chuang Tzu one night went to sleep and dreamed that he was a butterfly. He dreamt that he was flying around from flower to flower and while he was dreaming he felt free, blown about by the breeze hither and thither. He was quite sure that he was a butterfly. But when he awoke he realised that he had just been dreaming, and that he was really Chuang Tzu dreaming he was a butterfly. But then Chuang Tzu asked himself the following question: "was I Chuang Tzu dreaming I was a butterfly or am I now really a butterfly dreaming that I am Chuang Tzu?"

Is Daniel Dennett really just a biological robot with no real self, or is a soul manifesting through Dennett's body so that Dennett can idiotically use his own higher intelligence and soul to deny the most obvious thing in the world -- that he himself is a soul experiencing phenomena which can't just be reduced to physical atoms and neurochemistry?

Thanks for reading, I don't effortpost often because /lit/ is a place of annoying crude shit-flingers.

Incidentally, Jordan B. Peterson thinks the Book of Revelation is identical to accounts of super high doses of psilocybin mushrooms being ingested. Also, Dr. Rick Strassman was amazed when patients who had never heard anything about DMT or DMT drug trips reported eerily similar things when they took DMT in clinical trials, injected into their arms with a needle, I believe. These accounts were also amazingly similar to accounts of near-death-experiences (NDEs), and he wrote the book "DMT - The Spirit Molecule: A Doctor's Revolutionary Research Into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences", in which he said that these transcendent experiences were more similar to CHRISTIANITY, accounts in the Bible of meetings with angels and the like, than anything else.

>> No.18827580
File: 57 KB, 306x409, gurdjieff.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18827504
First, I recommend "In Search of the Miraculous" by his student P.D. Ouspensky. If you're going to continue after that, you'd have to go the whole hog. In Gurdjieff's words, "If you're going to go on a spree, then go the whole hog, including postage."

Then Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson, by Gurdjieff himself, and listen to the advice he gives in the preface if you REALLY want to learn from him. Gurdjieff basically was an oddball who wanted to change people in a very specific way. He put so much effort into it all, but very few people got the transmission! He realized that he was going to die before he could fully train any of his students to be as qualified to transmit what he wanted to transmit to the West, so he put all his effort into this literature which was designed to act as a "guru" or "teacher" for the devoted student masochistic enough to put themselves through it. BTTHG is one of the strangest books ever written, but anyone who actually is devoted enough to read it and not just drop it will be permanently changed, in my opinion. You'll think this is insane but here's his preface anyway:

According to the numerous deductions and conclusions resulting from my
research concerning the profit contemporary people can obtain from new
impressions coming from what they read or hear, and also according to the
thought of one of the sayings of popular wisdom I have just remembered,
handed down to our days from very ancient times,
"Any prayer may be heard and granted by the Higher Powers only if it is
uttered thrice:
First—for the welfare or the peace of the souls of one's parents,
Second—for the welfare of one's neighbor, And only third—for oneself
personally," I find it necessary on the first page of this book, now ready for
publication, to give the following advice "Read each of my written
expositions thrice First—at least as you have already become mechanized to
read all your contemporary books and newspapers,
Second—as if you were reading aloud to another person, And only third—try
to fathom the gist of my writings Only then will you be able to count upon
forming your own impartial judgment, proper to yourself alone, on my
writings And only then can my hope be actualized that according to your
understanding you will obtain the specific benefit for yourself which I
anticipate, and which I wish for you with all my being.

Gurdjieff was a fascinating man who worked as a hypnotist, a psychologist, learned from many religious traditions as I said, and claimed he (and others he traveled with as a young man in his Indiana-Jones-style quests to find the real truth behind all religions) had re-discovered, essentially, as much as he humanly could about an esoteric tradition of self-development behind various religious traditions, which had been dispersed, piecemeal, into these different religious traditions. (cont.)

>> No.18827655
File: 5 KB, 156x202, rumi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18827504
For instance, of the ancient Greek saying "Know thyself", he believed this was analogous to Christ's saying, "Wake, for ye know not the day and hour." The reference is to internal, psychological processes, not necessarily to external things, to eschatology and so forth. In Tibetan Buddhism, we have the idea of pointing-out instruction (ngo sprod), in which the guru directly points out to the disciple their own mind. In Islam/Sufism, there is the distinction between ghaflah (the Arabic word for "heedlessness" or "negligence"), referring to forgetfulness of Allah and one's own divine origins. In Hinduism and Buddhism, to awaken to one's own self-nature is to get into the state of samadhi. A temporary powerful experience of this inspired usually by a guru or even something mundane like a pebble hitting a bamboo branch is called in Zen Buddhism "satori." And so forth.

So the idea is not to make a New Age pastiche of religions, but to draw what is authentic from these traditions, what was authentically said by authentic people (in Heidegger's terminology, authentic and resolute people, as opposed to the inauthentic and irresolute They-self just going blindly towards death with the masses), to oneself become authentic and awake. Gurdjieff calls all this "self-remembering", to put it as simply as possible, and also says remembrance of one's and everyone else's death is crucial for it. To remember the impermanence of all. In Heidegger, of course, this is Being-towards-death.

Also, in Gurdjieff's literature, what he calls "personality" corresponds to Heidegger's They-self, and what he calls "essence" (the authentic, true self) corresponds to Heidegger's authentic and resolute self. In Sufism, this is the difference between the nafs-i-ammara (commanding self, false personality) and the awakening of the qalb (heart) and ruh (spirit). In Christianity, this is to die to one's ordinary self and then to be risen in Christ. St. Paul: "Not I, but Christ lives in me."

Also cf. stuff like Pythagoras reputedly learning from the Egyptians, the Jews, the magis in Persia, Hindus in India, the Chaldeans, the Phoenicians, etc. This wasn't a "New Age" pastiche, but Pythagoras genuinely acquiring wisdom and self-knowledge from as many sources as possible until he became -- Pythagoras! An awakened sage. This is the gist of Gurdjieff's teachings, which he even says in Ouspensky's accounts could be called "esoteric Christianity." To become like Christ, Christ-like, through authenticity, rather than a member of the herd, going to church and blindly carrying out the motions without knowing what's behind the liturgy or the symbols or the prayers or the parables that are told to you.

So all this is itself a crude pastiche showing off my knowledge of world religions, but the point is that Gurdjieff claimed there's an underlying psychological truth behind these religions which can be accessed regardless of what religion one has or even if one has no religion.

>> No.18827684

>>18827459
A non-corporeal substance, more or less philosopher's pure mercury (the life-giving water).

>> No.18827692
File: 5 KB, 275x183, ufo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

I am neither Christian, nor Jew, nor Gabr, nor Moslem.
I am not of the East, nor of the West, nor of the land, nor of the sea;
I am not of Nature's mint, nor of the circling' heaven.
I am not of earth, nor of water, nor of air, nor of fire;
I am not of the empyrean, nor of the dust, nor of existence, nor of entity.
I am not of India, nor of China, nor of Bulgaria, nor of Saqsin.
I have put duality away, I have seen that the two worlds are one;
One I seek, One I know, One I see, One I call.
He is the first, He is the last, He is the outward, He is the inward;
I know none other except God.

~ Rumi, from Dirani Shams

In Idries Shah's "Caravan of Dreams" (1968), we read as a preface to a tale called "The Bees and the Hollow Tree":

>This is a favourite tale of Balkan dervishes. It is attributed to Sayed Jafar (died 1598 in Ephesus) who was a successor of Ibrahim Gulshani of Cairo, who founded the Gulshani Order, a combination of the Four Paths of Sufism. He died in 1553.

Jafar is popularly believed to have ‘visited the stars’, as a sort of precursor to today’s spacemen, in a luminous chariot without perceptible motive-power. The Gulshanis handed back their metaphysical endowment ‘in a brass, silver and copper casket’ to the Azamia (‘Greater’) Brethren in the seventeenth century, retaining, it is said, only the powers of obtaining interviews with certain historical figures long dead.

Now if you've gotten deep enough into this rabbit-hole, maybe you, random reader on /lit/, might have your mind blown by this strange idea: to become an ultraterrestrial is the way to make oneself fit for contact with *extraterrestrial* life, as referred to in the Book of Enoch, as OP talks about, and as were referred to in the Scriptures as things like the Star of Bethlehem, Ezekiel's vision of the chariot, etc. -- obviously analogous to modern accounts of UFOs. It's to become a magical person living a strange far-out life as opposed to just another normal asshole. But hey, I'm a drug-addled schizo writing just another Guenonian post on /lit/, right?

I'm gonna leave a link to this in the off-hand chance that it might blow a few people's minds.

https://absolutoracle.com/SufiMaster/Articles2/TheGulshaniOrder.htm

>> No.18827738
File: 23 KB, 311x410, philipkdick.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18827655
In Buddhism, also, the Islamic terminology of qalb (heart) and ruh (spirit) corresponds to the awakening of bodhichitta -- the compassionate awakened mind of enlightenment that desires to lead others to enlightenment. In Gurdjieff's terminology, qalb would be "higher emotional mind" (absolute compassion for oneself and others) and ruh "higher thinking mind" (being able to know and experience things that others don't know and experience), and associated with so-called "miracles", extrasensory perception, telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition, and the like.

In Christianity, these would be called gifts of the Holy Spirit, and in Buddhism and Hinduism, siddhis (psychic abilities or extraordinary powers attained through enlightenment, in Yoga Vedanta through union with Brahman). So from a Buddhist and Hindu point of view, Christ was someone who had attained siddhis through his enlightenment. This is the universal, trans-religious view promoted, for instance, by the Sarmouni Sufis mentioned in O.M. Burke's "Among the Dervishes", the Sarmounis being a sect Gurdjieff supposedly learned from and references in his second book, "Meetings With Remarkable Men." Of the Sarmounis in MWRM, Gurdjieff says this:

>As we later ascertained, among the adepts of this monastery there were former Christians, Jews, Mohammedans, Buddhists, Lamaists, and even one Shamanist. All were united by God the Truth.

Probably filtered most people with all this babble, no? But in BTTHG (Beelzebub's Tales to His Grandson), the whole book is precisely about Beelzebub flying about in a spaceship and talking to his grandson, Hassein, about the stupid subhuman Earthlings and their history, and the (mostly failed) attempts of messengers and prophets like the Buddha, Christ, Muhammad, Padmasambhava (founder of Tibetan Buddhism), Krishna, etc., to awaken them. This is turning very New Age-y, and also probably blowing/frying the mind-circuits of NPCs and normies too much, because they don't want to talk about History-Channel-style stuff about ancient aliens, and even aliens possibly monitoring humanity today, and possibly even some people being telepathically contacted by aliens, as Robert Anton Wilson thought he had experienced and wrote about in his "Cosmic Trigger." This is also the gist of PKD's experiences he wrote about in VALIS.

Am I a conman, charlatan, schizo, or something else entirely? Eh? Your eyebrows are raised? Food for thought.

>> No.18827746

>>18827261
The real question is, where can I get a good copy of the book of Enoch? Looking around all I can find are self published tier quality paperbacks, or editions which are 90% commentary

>> No.18827758

>>18827342
Seconded. Drugs are a crutch. They're like watching a film of God. Unaided transcendent religious experiences are quite different. They're more like running a marathon towards His embrace.

>> No.18827802
File: 36 KB, 571x537, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18827692
Top right is a batman balloon

>> No.18827860
File: 88 KB, 1162x814, whirlingdervish.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18827802
Similar stuff to what I'm saying is posited in the Jewish Kabbalistic tradition as well as the Indian Kundalini and chakra system. Kether (the Father, God-consciousness), Binah on the upper left of the tree (understanding, being feminine), and Chokmah (wisdom, being masculine, on the right-hand masculine pillar).

In Taoism, there's the play of yin (feminine, dark) and yang (masculine, light), as well as the flow of qi (chi) in your body. In Hinduism, this energy could be called kundalini shakti. In Sufism, when this energy is transmitted from someone with a more highly developed energy system to someone with a less developed energy system, it's called "baraka." I'm a conman, sure. But suppose someone reading this has their mind blown and feels some strange exhilaration? Is that just self-hypnotism, or is the baraka somehow flowing through to the dedicated, anonymous, humble reader? Suppose I'm trying to make a little good karma and recompense what my own guru did to me, by anonymously doing this for some assholes on /lit/?

If there is no faithful, humble student, though, what can the guru do! Nothing! You read this with your brain as if you were some brilliant scholar analyzing it all with your brain to see how well it matches up with what you've read and experienced, but if you don't have any respect or appreciation and don't see any depths behind the words, are reading it all with your brain as an intellectual brainy critic, it's all lost on you, like sand slipping through a sieve. Behind the Quixotian pastiche I wear as a sort of mask or armor to cover up my true state, the tilting at the windmills of every world religion and mystical tradition which some people maybe are reading just for fun, could be something a little deeper. Some random masturbatory blog-like rambling just for (you), anonymous innocent reader. No repayment, all for free, not for reputation or fame (this is all anonymous, of course), but maybe to spark some flame of inquiry in the young innocent reader, just as others sparked the flame of inquiry in myself.

Incidentally, for both J. Krishnamurti and U.G. Krishnamurti, even the encyclopedic knowledge of world religions is unnecessary and useless, a crutch, after a certain point. For them, you just get straight into the higher state of consciousness by not seeking for the higher state of consciousness at all.

In Robert Anton Wilson's terminology, I may have caused a phenomenon called "mindfuck" in a few readers, even if most think it's the rambling of a crank or a nutter.

>> No.18827918
File: 186 KB, 640x640, pepewineglass.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>Do not look at me, but take what is in my hand
Jelaluddin Rumi

>I am Thou
>Thou Art I
>So may it be
>For our brother
Short epitaph written by G.I. Gurdjieff to be put on his father's gravestone

>All that you touch
>And all that you see
>Is all your life will ever be
Pink Floyd

Even when you look at pictures of Pepe the Frog, Gurdjieff himself would say use it to get into a higher state of consciousness, but of course overall, he would lambast the Internet as yet another tool to turn people into even more of automatons than they already are.
Direct non-duality. Pointing-out instruction. Right here. Beyond any religion. Pure Zen, without the Buddhist crap. What Gurdjieff calls "the way of the householder," using ordinary life as a monastery instead of going in privacy or on retreat to develop your spirit. Tantrically transmuting your ordinary pleasures and pains into the stuff of enlightenment. Also taught in Kashmir Shaivism, and by Indian cigarette-smoking sage and shopkeeper Nisargadatta Maharaj in his book "I Am That." Doesn't matter if you're a nigger, kike, a chink, a spic, a janny, a NEET, or even a dirty femoid. All is love. I'm not even on drugs, but maybe I am a little manic. On 4channel. You heard it here first, faggot.

>> No.18827961

>>18827420
I'm skeptical of RAW and Leary and the psychedelic movement in general because of their ties to the CIA, is that dumb?

>> No.18828000

>>18827961
Yes and no. The CIA was involved in it but I view it as a project which went awry and which they quickly clamped down on by imprisoning Leary and banning psychedelics. Basically, the hippies, overall, in my opinion, were as a movement false! Look at Frank Zappa's commentary on this if you want a good pop culture reference. They claimed to be breaking away from society, but then they just fit themselves ironically into a stereotyped "hippie" mold which was appropriated by the media for profit, like the Beatles. Drugs were used in MK-Ultra, sure, and Leary had ties to it, but Leary in my opinion was on the side of wanting to awaken and do good for humanity. It just so happened to be that this research also had ties to nefarious ends.

Ken Kesey, who wrote "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest", for instance, inspired by his hallucinogenic drug trips, did this trips as part of a CIA trial precisely studying the effects of these drugs on patients. But he still was a great artist who was inspired, ironically, by this bureaucratic soulless attempt of the CIA to find methods of mind control and even perhaps studying of massive movements/sociology ("what happens if we disseminate these psychedelic drugs to writers, professors, etc. -- as many intelligent, studious people as we can, and then even to random bums and prostitutes on the street?"), to color outside the lines and escape from this same societal prison of normalcy.

Psychedelic drugs won't enlighten you permanently, sure, but precisely because people view as stereotyped and cliche, taboo to talk about, I still like to reference it. I'll remember some acid and psilocybin and other drug trips of mine till I go to the grave, but they're not the only part of my life.

>> No.18828045
File: 3.03 MB, 498x331, wtc7-building.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18827961
>>18828000
to push it even further into crank-ish, random blog-like territory, here's an excerpt from an interview of anonymous artist Randy Prozac who hosts the great, thought-provoking site sentimentalcorp.org, which is relevant:

https://arbolesenlaoscuridad.wordpress.com/2014/07/22/interview-with-randy-prozac-creator-or-sentimentalcorp-org/

>3.- Where did you get all the knowledge you have? There are people out there saying that you are the grandson of a MK-Ultra project psychiatrist… Some others say that you are one of the Illuminati…Some people even say that you have contact with Aliens!… Those are the principal theories about who Randy Prozac is. Some people, like me, think that you are an anti-Illuminati. But then again…. What is the truth? Where did you get all the knowledge you have?

>let’s pretend we’re on a play-date, and we’re sitting together in a semi-circle drinking bottled water full of leeched estrogen, and i am telling you a story, and in this story there are ‘good’ Illuminati, and ‘bad’ Illuminati, like some psychotropic militarized superhero movie, or whatever brainwashed shit that you are conditioned to comprehend everything in terms of.. sweet valley high.. i dunno..whatever.. an ‘antithesis’.. and between this dichotomy spawns an aberration.. a deviation that runs amok.. how can they stop it? it’s one of their own.. so they choose to leave it, because they know the people have been sufficiently chemically and electronically lobotomized and have not been given enough pieces of the puzzle to figure it out anyway.. so it’s of no real consequence.. bottom line.. i studied the graphs.. i removed the stimoceiver myself, i can do what i want.

Imagine Leary as, to put it very strangely, part of the "good" "Illuminati" (which literally means "illuminated," enlightened, or the like, as Robert Anton Wilson makes much of in his book "Cosmic Trigger", suggesting, half-jokingly but half-seriously, that he himself has become part of the "Illuminati" after going through "Chapel Perilous" or basically mindfucking himself with hallucinogens, mystical exercises, reading any conspiracy literature he could find, etc.)

If you look into this guy's history, he claims, by the way, to have worked in MK-Ultra in Canada (MK-Ultra went on in Canada, too), and he has footage of the patients he worked with as a psychologist, supposedly, to back it up. He claims he was performing psychodrama with these mentally ill patients that made amazing cures for some of them who were thought to be uncurable, but then one of them (supposedly the son of someone very "high up", some big politician or something, this son having severe schizophrenia or the like) committed suicide, so the project was scrapped. Then he claims he took the footage, spliced it up with some Dadaist style art, and has it hosted on his site as "Goat Worship."

Is he himself bullshitting just as I myself might be bullshitting? Food for thought.

>> No.18828061
File: 93 KB, 640x640, zappamoney.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

"We're Only In It for the Money" is his most biting critique of the hippie movement.

>> No.18828388

>>18828045
>sentimentalcorp.org
This was horrifying thanks

>> No.18828435
File: 111 KB, 1200x1200, pepetophat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18828388
You're welcome.

All this effortposting for no reason... honestly I deserve it. I'm too intellectually masturbatory at times.

>> No.18828744

>>18828435
>All this effortposting for no reason... honestly I deserve it. I'm too intellectually masturbatory at times.
Ah do not worry it wasn't masturbatory. I found your posting insightful but don't have much of a contribution to make so I avoided masturbating myself.

>> No.18828932
File: 582 KB, 640x480, haughtyandgenerous.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18828744
Thanks. It's a solitary road to walk on, anyway, the spiritual path, so I find myself getting up my own asshole. Just to make clear, though, I actually believe in cosmic trans-cultural shamanism (similar to what PKD experienced and talked about in VALIS -- a mystical experience which transcended any single religion, but which he found parallels to in shamanism), contact with nonhuman hyper-intelligent benevolent beings (angels, aliens, machine elves, or the like), just to spell it out so clearly it's unmistakable. Sorcery, too. But it's a dark path. Some people end up in mental asylums when they're interested in this stuff but can't integrate it into daily life.

It was Itzhak Bentov, Russian inventor and mystic, who claimed that if you wanted to find the most evolved human beings (those at the vanguard of human evolution with capabilities like extrasensory perception), look in mental hospitals. They claim they're seeing ghosts, spirits, and the like, or experiencing other inexplicable phenomena, and get called "schizophrenic."

>> No.18828939
File: 165 KB, 800x888, Idries_Shah_Grave_Brookwood.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18828932
parallels to in Gnosticism*** specifically, not shamanism, of PKD's experiences.

Vast Active Living Intelligence System. That's itself Tao, B

>> No.18828946

>>18828939
Brahman**, jfc, or what-you-will.

>> No.18829003

>>18827282
>parts of the Old Testament, etc., were not drug users

Benet proposed that the Biblical plants or spices "kaneh" (Ez. 27:19; Is. 43:24; Ct. 4:14), "kaneh ha-tob" (Je. 6:20), and "kaneh-bosem" (Ex. 30:23), which are usually translated as "sweet calamus" or "sweet cane", were actually hemp. "Kaneh-bosem" was an ingredient of the holy anointing oil:

30:22 Moreover the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 30:23 Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even two hundred and fifty shekels, and of sweet calamus (Hebrew kaneh-bosem) two hundred and fifty shekels, 30:24 And of cassia five hundred shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin: 30:25 And thou shalt make it an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil.

—Ex. 30:22-25, King James Version
This ingredient is, however, not mentioned amongst those prescribed in Ex. 30:34, from which the incense (ketoret) for the Temple was to be prepared.[2]

Based on similar words in cognate languages (Sanskrit śana, Assyrian qunnabu, Persian kenab, Arabic kanab) Benet concluded that "kaneh" and "kaneh-bosem" refer to hemp. In many ancient languages, including Hebrew, the root "kan" had a double meaning, both hemp and reed. The possible error originated from the oldest Greek translation of the Hebrew Bible, Septuagint, in the third century B.C., where the terms "kaneh" and "kaneh-bosem" had been translated as "sweet kalamos". In the many Bible translations that followed, including Martin Luther's, this translation was repeated. Benet further claimed that the Scythians, who were described by Herodotus as ritual hemp users in the fifth century B.C., were at least one millennium older than has been previously assumed.[3]

>Buddha explicitly taught against any use of drugs.
Why do you think he needed to explicitly said that?
The answer seems to be that people were indeed using them

>> No.18829093

>>18829003
Rick Strassman, whom I mentioned before, I think believes DMT was referred to in the Bible. Acacia root contains DMT in it and I think he believes stuff like references to the burning bush in which Moses heard God speaking to him, was a reference to this. This is off the top of my head and not to be fully believed.

>> No.18829324

Based schizo thread, I love it when /lit/ is like this

>> No.18829339

What about Elijah and eating the flying holy scroll

>> No.18830398

>>18827961
If you reject every movement touched by the CIA, there's almost nothing in the 20thC for you.

>> No.18831875

>>18830398
Was Jung tied to the CIA?

>> No.18832206

>>18831875
No idea, probably.

>> No.18832238

>>18829003
>The answer seems to be that people were indeed using them
Yes, but none of them were capable of higher realization, which is why he forbade it. He was chiefly referring to alcohol, but not just alcohol. It's impossible to say what other drugs were being used, if any, because that's all he mentions explicitly.

Also this entire post is full of speculative nonsense, made up by people who are desperate to justify their love of drugs and lack of self-discipline. If Catholicism died out 1000 years ago, people would be claiming the incense burnt at mass were actually DMT. It's wishful thinking.

>> No.18832562

>>18827261
OP, this is quite a bit of effortposting. It seems pretty well thought out, though, not just the ramblings of a madman. I'm curious, what are your qualifications/background?

>> No.18832785
File: 3 KB, 304x166, daoism.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18832562
I'm the one who made most of the posts in this thread but ironically I'm not OP. I had some minor mystical experiences in high school, got obsessed with conspiracy literature and mysticism shortly thereafter. PKD's VALIS had a particularly profound impact on me. I decided to devote my life to trying to find the truth behind religion and repeatedly deconstructing and reconstructing my worldview of reality. Didn't even finish university. I'm essentially a perennial philosopher in the vein of Aldous Huxley and some Renaissance men (but I wouldn't want to compare myself to them). Basically, I just like being a crank and looking into stuff other people find bizarre, including (as is so common on /lit/) elements of /x/ and /pol/-type reading. I just found the OP's post relevant to my own thinking and conclusions I'd come up with so ran with it.

>> No.18832985

>>18829093
I've heard Joe Rogan refer to that. And that about sums it up. What an utterly retarded idea.

>> No.18833006

>>18827261
>The Book of Enoch very obviously contains the written accounts of psychoactive drug trips which resulted in contant with intelligent life.
or it;s real
wait till you realize that earth if flat

>> No.18833014

>>18827342
Can you describe you religious hallucinatory experience?