[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 127 KB, 1024x768, last_thumb1370425900.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.18806167 [Reply] [Original]

Was there anything more damaging to the literary scene than anti-psychotics/anti-depressants? It literally turns a good chunk of our population into zombies

>> No.18806179

>>18806167
I'm so sorry for your inconvenience

>> No.18806201

>>18806167
Not just writing, most arts rely on the psychotic to generate good content

>> No.18806231

>>18806167
>Was there anything more damaging to the literary scene than anti-psychotics/anti-depressants?
What is better for society,
1) A passionate, creative person who loves what he does but will never amount to anything in life and probably kill himself because everything is ruled by corporate style marketed consumerproducts
or
2) A fully functional warehouse stacking employee who is fine working 16 hours a day for minimum wage?

>> No.18806247
File: 91 KB, 740x724, 1626850443252.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18806231
this is too depressing

>> No.18806315

>>18806167
You faggots never met actual schizophrenic or extremely depressed people. Why tf do you assume that all schizos and depressed niggers are artists? Most schizosphrenics can barely do basic shit much less work on an artistic project, and depressed people are most likely going to kill themselves before writing one sentence of a novel.

Most "tortured" artists were not depressed, they were in anguish and anger and released that creative energy through art. Depressed people have no fucking energy, they're walking zombies.

Touch grass and stop importing your worldview through anime imageboards

>> No.18806354

>>18806315
I put everything I had in art before realizing that art is entirely about marketing these days. You eventually become a walking zombie but the truth is that you get there little by little as you struggle and struggle and nothing happens because unless you have material resources or status to propel you into opportunities you are locked into what life you have and it's almost invariably a joyless, suicide inducing life.

>> No.18806411

>>18806315
I’ve actually only published stuff after taking medication for my paranoid schizophrenia. Before that, my writing was unintelligible and made no concrete sense.

>> No.18806463
File: 482 KB, 957x538, 1627623054769.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

Its damaging to every aspect of life, If we can just keep adapting as a population to a society that we no longer enjoy or even hate take that to its logical conclusion. What percentage of the population has to be on SSRI's before we say enough is enough? Imagine if everyone were to come off their anti depressants tomorrow. I can't tell if this would be better or worse for society as I think even if we could all agree this iteration of it is shit we would be completely incapable of changing the direction at all. I think the most that would happen is twitter would get worse.

>> No.18806474

Fun fact : the suicide rate in America has not fluctuated since the fifties when they started recording it. Neither therapy nor anti-depressants, have had a single measurable affect.
The biggest drop was when car exhausts were changed to be less dangerous, so you couldn't do the hosepipe in the window trick
The biggest drop in the suicide rate in the UK was achieved by altering the chemical mixture of household gas so people couldn't use it for suicide.
All they do is get you out of the doctors office.

>> No.18806478

>>18806315
I was referring to the over-prescription of them. They will continue to harm people and people would look back at our generation like how we look at the middle ages.

>> No.18806479

>>18806315
Touch my balls

>> No.18806486

>>18806474
How can you clain Anti depressants havent had an effect? Couldnt you easily assume that more people would be killing themselves now but with higher usage anti-depressants the numbers stay stagnant?

>> No.18806487

>>18806474
this thread has nothing to do with the suicide rate of the US.

>> No.18806518

>>18806478
This is true. Some reasons why:
1. Offloading the burden of raising a child, by parents, teachers and other figures of authority.
2. The psychiatrist feels they have to do something that produces tangible results. The client is there in front of them after all.
3. No time to deal with individual cases.
4. And of course, some variation of (((they))) want us to be obedient idiot sheep.

>> No.18806559

>>18806478
We are in the middle ages of psychology. Calling it a science is close to a disservice. I'm not optimistic about any major developments or revamps in psychology within our lifetimes.

That being said, modern clinical psychology does have a statistically significant effect. It is certainly better than nothing, but it's still akin to amputating an arm because of a hand infection.

The biggest hurdle to further developments in psychology is probably the modern idea that science and empiricism is foolproof. The mind is best viewed as some sort of structured epiphenomenon that needs serious material investigation in neuroscience coupled with a lot of philosophical fudging about the implications. Some sort of synthesis between the psychoanalytical mode of understanding and the empirical approach could be a good place to start.

The "ethical" issue here is really underappreciated in clinical psychology today, and is really glaring when looking at the idea of overprescribing antidepressants. Who decides what sort of human experience is normal? What is the "target" that doctors should be aiming for when they prescribe or fudge your brain chemistry?

The human mind and tangentially, consciousness, is one of the biggest holes in modern science and sadly enough one of the most important. I just hope things get better.

>> No.18806568

>>18806559
How do you cope with the fact you won't live to see it?

>> No.18806593

>>18806568
How do you cope with the fact that you're going to die? :/

>> No.18806599

>>18806593
I just hope it's in my sleep.

>> No.18806613

>>18806474
>All they do is get you out of the doctors office.
If only.

>> No.18806626

>>18806315
this
T. psychotic ward consultant

>> No.18806683

>>18806626
psych wards are awful and inhumane.

>> No.18806693

>>18806167
i prefer mom as a zombie rathen than the alternative

>> No.18806694

>>18806315
>Most schizosphrenics can barely do basic shit much less work on an artistic project
Like everyone else, if you insist on putting it that way. One of them created an operating system on his own.

>> No.18806703

>>18806559
pychology is curing headaches by decapitation
the problem behind depression is a shitty materialistic, ugly grey life with no morals and no community, no trurst, no truth

>> No.18806706

>>18806683
why would u think so?
What would be the right thing to do with acute psychotic agitated patients or acute suicidal or acute stuporous depressed patients?

>> No.18806711

>>18806693
Anti-psychs don't sedate you unless you have a massive dose and are complete skitzo. Plus she's probs taking Seroquel that just puts her into what feels like an eternal rest. Those people need to be put out of their misery.

>> No.18806724

I'm not sure if antidepressants have any effect on my writing. It's hard to tell. I take them more to lessen the distress of OCD than for depression. I recently reduced my dose and found myself more and more intolerably affected by small things, driven mad, etc. so I upped my dose again. I was surprised I was still capable of that sort of suffering... It's disheartening to think that this chemical crap is the only thing preventing me from being plunged into literal hell. I might try again when I'm in a better environment and have access to psychologists. Was it David Foster Wallace who said something like he needed antidepressants to write? He killed himself after the meds stopped working. I would be very interested to see if there are any studies on the effects of antidepressant use on creativity. If it affects the style of the writing in some way. Like if it blunts description or something, makes it less visceral. I'd hope that isn't the case.

>> No.18806740

>>18806706
Someplace outdoors, you fucking imbecile. We're animals, we belong with other animals, with plants, under the sky, drinking water, etc.

There's a reason they flip out worse in the GREY WALLS COVERED WINDOWS DOORS SLAMMING EVERYBODY WATCHING YOU PEOPLE FREAKING OUT, place, without even a breath of fresh, clean air to stave off the overwhelming experience. Oh, and then you insist on them taking drugs and signing shit.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions, anon. Stop trying to intend good things and just focus on common sense. These people aren't broken, they're injured, and human beings heal WITH nature not sterilized and separated from it. How long? How long must we sing this song?

You need to touch land and get your head out of the Sacred Laboratory.

>> No.18806741

>>18806711
My mother is actually not a schizo, there are certain aspects that could make you consider this possibility, but the official medical condition she has is Bipolar II disorder. I grew up with her not taking her pills, it was a shit show having her trying to convince me that i was the crazy one, then laughing and out of the sudden crying. Now i take care of her even though i despise her and cant stand her but i need to make sure she gets the pills for the sake of my sister.
People in this thread have no clue what they are talking about, they talk about these conditions so light heartidly.
>I am sad cause i am a lazy piece of shit
>materialistic gray life no morals buhuhu
>generation of depressed

>> No.18806743

>>18806724
That's the drug doing its job. But ask 70% of antidepressants users what their experience was like and they'll say it "just makes you numb."
You must just have good genes. Now all you need to do is continue thinking why you're in this mood and to find happiness in something (not a woman)

>> No.18806752

>>18806724
Hey fren. I also have severe OCD and was discouraged when the same thing happened to me after I stopped taking my meds. I have basically solved all of the distress caused by OCD simply by practicing virtues every day for years. Patience is by far the most important virtue for people with OCD, its like kriptonite. There is hope, but it takes labourous effort and patience. I know laugh every time i remember how ridiculous the distress caused by my OCD was

>> No.18806757

>>18806740
>Someplace outdoors, you fucking imbecile.
why so upset?
I honestly believe, you never met someone like that (and honestly hope you never would need to meet)
Since you wouldn't be spouting bulshit like that.
Neger they don't even know (many times) where they are and if medications stop that state of mind they are in, why isn't it moral to stop it?

>> No.18806765

>>18806741
Read
>>18806478

Don't think you are the only one who has to go through stuff like this. I know it's hard but I've seen many people in your situation come out a better person than anyone else who didn't undergo a traumatic upbringing. Just don't let it hold you down.

>> No.18806766

>>18806741
this

>> No.18806767

>>18806711
Anti psychs absolutely do sedate you on any dose and especially effective doses
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antipsychotic#Adverse_effects
Weird thing to make up
It’s the first listed effect and anyone on them will confirm. (Adverse effects lists are sometimes a meme but not here)

>> No.18806769

>>18806743
Don't worry I won't be getting a woman lol.
>>18806752
Thanks anon. It's nice to hear you had a similar experience. I might stick with the meds until I move.

>> No.18806770

>>18806757
What makes it moral to stop it? You are you are essentially killing them with medication. You just don't have the moral dilemma of actually killing someone.

>> No.18806774

>>18806752
This. People need medicinal practices, not medication. You're in charge of the chemical factory. You have a say in how your experience is. If you forget this, or some confusion arises, you get varieties of pathologies. The focus should be on empowering the individual, not protecting 'the healthy ones' from them or protecting them from themselves. You don't empower someone with a pill.

>> No.18806778

>>18806724
It is making you zombie. But you don’t notice. Stop taking them. If you need happy go make friends at a bar or camping or party or library or some shit

>> No.18806794

>>18806767
Yes it's sedating but you can increase it so high you literally become a vegetable. I was on a 10th of what my skitzophrenic father was taking. He would be so far gone and be drooling. Yet I was complaining about feeling tired all the time and never able to take in anything. When I meant 'sedating' in my previous thread I meant 'tranqualising"

>> No.18806799

>>18806770
How the fuck are meds killing them? Psychosis and suicidality will eventually kill them. As well as catatonic states when they either dont drink and eat until they die or kill themswlves due to some scenic hallucinations or delusions

>> No.18806802

>>18806757
'neger' you don't even know where you are or what time it is and you're 'afraid' of them getting out and 'scaring' rando 'normies' like me.

And you wonder why that might be upsetting to someone.

What have they got you on, anon?

>> No.18806806

>>18806794
Prev post**

>>18806778
This. You don't realise it until you get off them. I remember being shocked that I lived through 2015 and didn't remember a second of it. I even forgot we went overseas for the first time.

>> No.18806818

>>18806799
You cannot really call someone who's bedridden and can't even use a toilet 'human.'
And the meds aren't physiologically killing them. Its psychological damages them so much they spend the rest of their life in a mental ward then when they go off them they snap and kill some random cunt who's just living life. (This is in extreme cases obvs which is what we are talking about.)

>> No.18806825

>>18806765
I know that there are a lot of people on the same boat as me. After seeing the posts you ref, thats one of the many reasons i will avoid psychiatrists for the rest of my life. There is no way in hell i get in their office and not leave with a bag filled of pills, yet i have lived a completely normal life so far and none of the people who know me in real life are aware or can even guess of my past.
>Just don't let it hold you down.
Trying my best anon, thanks!

>> No.18806834

reminder that gender dysphoria, literal schizophrenia tier delusion that you need to cut off your dick and grow tits, has been removed from the list of mental illnesses in several countries, but being unhappy because you work a joyless, shitty life in a zero trust community, with no future prospects, no family values, nothing at all, that' s mental illness.

>> No.18806842

>>18806799
>How the fuck are meds killing them?
Well, there's Tardive Dyskinesia, for one. Akathisia has been known to be the cause of a lot of murder-suicides; and anti-psychotics have been known to make people literally drop dead for reasons unknown. You don't think that Big Pharma has the best interests of the patient in mind, do you? Lots of "schizos" aren't lying when they say that the medication they pump out is literal poison. Indeed over half of diagnoses under the umbrella of the prefix "schizo-" aren't delusional or otherwise schizophrenic at all; this is in reference to a study done by Johns-Hopkins, IIRC.

>> No.18806847

>>18806834
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'M FUCKIN LOSIN IIIIIIIIIIIT!!!

>> No.18806939

>>18806847
Take a couple of breaths mate it'll work itself out.

>> No.18807003

>>18806167
literature is what got me to anti ds

>> No.18807013

>>18806939
You sure I shouldn't take like, whatever you tell me to swallow for multiple months and if I stop taking them too suddenly I could die?

Breathing seems like alot of work.

>> No.18807018

>>18806231
>1) A passionate, creative person who loves what he does but will never amount to anything in life and probably kill himself because everything is ruled by corporate style marketed consumerproducts
literally me

>> No.18807033

>>18806179

How many mg of lorazepam you on now, dawg

>> No.18807036

>>18806478
It isn't just about suicide rates. See:

https://www.nber.org/system/files/working_papers/w29031/w29031.pdf

>> No.18807048

>>18807036
They're HECKIN not working well at the joberino!

Also, one in 11 people have a mental illness, one in 11.

Geometrical perfection, nothin crazy about that.

>> No.18807072

>>18806711
>Anti-psychs don't sedate you unless you have a massive dose
not true at all
25mg of seroquel puts me to sleep and wake up feeling foggy for hours

>> No.18807092

>>18806724
dfw killed himself because he stopped taking his pills because he felt they killed his creativity
same reason kanye west is usually off his meds
pyschiatry pills almost always translate into creativity death

>> No.18807105

>>18807072
>not true
>proceeds to give old af dinosaur gen antipsychotics as example
I’m on Brexpiprazole and feel nothing from them, other than mental clarity and a bit less avolition.

>> No.18807145

>>18807092
Same for me, I quit painting for 2 years
I used to have vivid, intense, beautiful dreams and they disappeared completely, even now that I've been off for years
The pills took my dreams from me. I'd rather have lost a leg.

>> No.18807158

Fuck the big pharma mental illness pills. noone who actually took them would defend those mind-numbing NPC drugs.

>> No.18807208

>>18807158
I take depakote and invega and its alright

>> No.18807225

>>18806247
please send more rare wojaks

>> No.18807241

>>18806559
>I'm not optimistic about any major developments or revamps in psychology within our lifetimes.
retard, we are like 10 years away from total knowledge of biological systems. high thorough-put tests and bioinformatics will make psych into a legitimate discipline as it will merge with neurobio

>> No.18807274

>>18807241
Yay for literally reprogramming people
I'll just fucking kill myself

>> No.18807279

>>18807241
Total knowledge, so close! Singularity bros! We'll finally BE Know-it-alls instead of just acting like it and BE-ing insufferable twats.

O magodican't waaaaaait

>> No.18807317

>>18806486
Can't prove a negative fren. What measurable effect have antidepressants had?
>>18806487
If antidepressants don't reduce the rates of suicide, what do they do? Which public health issue are they resolving?

>> No.18807320

>>18806842
okay, since you are nigger and assume I don't know medschool tier shit about my job I am going to go ahead and refute the bullshit u spout:
>Well, there's Tardive Dyskinesia, for one
Yeah? Have you heard about titration profiles, tapering schemes, drug safety, second generation antipsychotics etc? The fact that some adverse effects exists doesn't mean that medication per se is KILLING someone. ACEinhibitors do cause caughing, so what? Its responsibility of physician prescribing them to know his shit thoroughly when prescribing (and deprescribing) medication (or intervening in any way)
>Akathisia has been known to be the cause of a lot of murder-suicides
same applies although I don't think I ever heard about akathisia causing murder maybe apart from some serious rare as fuck case studies that might as well not been akathisia.
> and anti-psychotics have been known to make people literally drop dead for reasons unknown
not true and the same applies. Even though AP COULD be severely harmful (ie. in parkinson patients, lewy-body disease patients and many other such cases) the same applies as in first paragraph and its responsibility of the physician to KNOW HIS SHIT (even though I agree with you that lot of physicians are retards)
>You don't think that Big Pharma has the best interests of the patient in mind, do you?
I detest big pharma as much as you (ie. the recent aduhelm case, astrazeneca pushing 25mg of seroqel pills and many other malpractices), psychiatry drugs are indeed life saving, in the right settings and in correct form on certain diseases/cases
>ndeed over half of diagnoses under the umbrella of the prefix "schizo-" aren't delusional or otherwise schizophrenic at all; this is in reference to a study done by Johns-Hopkins,
No idea what are you trying to say here

>> No.18807361

>>18806740
>tfw not allowed to drink water in the psych ward

>> No.18807419

>>18807072
Did you just start taking it? It was like that for me at first, but after awhile I built up quite a tolerance to the drowsiness.

>> No.18807423

>>18807320
Perhaps be a bit more respectful and I can answer your questions; if not I suppose I'll have to assume you feel as though your job is being threatened and nothing I say is going to satisfy you.

>> No.18807434

>>18807274
So now depression and schizophrenia are SOVL for you?

>> No.18807457

>>18807423
lmao funny that u ask for me to be more respectful after you dunning-kruger yourself into discussion about psychiatrymeds, like many others here.
Not feeling threatened but I do feel tired of explaining the same over and over again to people that act like experts about stuff they have wikipedia tier knowledge about

>> No.18807625
File: 499 KB, 1125x2436, View recent photos.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18807018
Make your own culture bro

>> No.18807627

>>18807457
>Not feeling threatened
Keep telling yourself that. Prick.

>> No.18807787

>>18806167
The internet

>> No.18807961

>>18807241
and yet no closer to understanding the hard problem of consciousness. but from a behavioral perspective, i'm sure you're correct. any further reading on this?

>> No.18808233

>>18807627
well, okay

>> No.18808799

>>18806486
>How can you clain Anti depressants havent had an effect
Not him, but a lot of the popular ones had to admit they didn't have an effect. You could give people m&ms and it wouldn't do anything different, except cause less organ damage. FOIA fucked up their defences for overprescribing/bribery cases, and made them liable for some of the organ damage. None of that stopped the prescription rates increasing, but for a while they were the biggest settlements engaged in by a company (including oil spills and other disasters).

>> No.18808878

>>18806167
masturbation

>> No.18808936

>>18806757
Hello, I've been committed involuntarily 5 times in my youth. Literally putting patients out to the pasture like cattle would work wonders. Throw in some sheep dogs to watch over them too. I'm not even joking that this would be highly beneficial. Certainly better than confinement in a sterile environment.

>> No.18809549

>>18806478
anecdotally true, all it takes is crying in shrinks office for 10 minutes like a bitch and you get a perscription

>> No.18809603

>>18809549
It's very easy to steer the conversation in the correct way and reveal the selected information/lies to get the prescription you want.
Psychiatry is broken - ten minutes research online is enough information to fool a doctor into thinking you have whatever disorder you choose. I've obtained ADHD, bi-polar, anti psychotic meds this way.

>> No.18810274

>>18807961
https://www.ncb
i.nlm .ni h.g ov/pmc/articles/PMC5641373/
https://www.natu re.c om/articles/nr n.2016.22
these are ok, the second is referenced in the first. the first summarizes the current hypotheses about consciousness and the second is one of those hypotheses. the second states that consciousness is located in a region of the brain separate from the part that manages tasks

>> No.18810410

>>18807787
This. The internet/video games are what got us all mis-diagnosed with certain mental illnesses. Unfortunately boomers didn't realise this as the internet was so new to them. The stuff I saw on /b/ ruined me and caused me to spend a year on anti psycs and ant depressants until I took LSD.

>> No.18810638

>>18806703
Exactly. No truth and no faith in God.

>> No.18811764

>>18806694
>one

>> No.18813195

>>18809603
Why would you want all those meds? Are you a druggie?

>> No.18813204

>>18810410
>until I took LSD
what happened then?

>> No.18813221

>>18806231
The Chad Sandwich Artist

>> No.18813228

>>18807208
Well, I once got injected Haloperidol and it made me unable to even make a bread. I was mentally on the level of a retard who thinks living life means working until retirement and nothing else for a good few weeks. Haloperiodl for instance doesn't just have effects while present in the blood, some receptors get irreversibly antagonized by antipsychotics

>> No.18813431

>>18806411
it's still unintelligible, Paul

>> No.18813432

Jack Kerouac is prime empirical evidence of OPs proposition. Guy was a fucking mad cunt.
Sometimes I wish I was a skitzo just so I could have lived the life he had.

>> No.18813460

>>18813204
I do DMT and LSD so ignore the anon you replied to.
He claims he got mentally ill from seeing fucked up things on the internet and is thus a retard.

>> No.18813501
File: 243 KB, 680x709, aaf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18813195
I take drugs, I sell drugs. I like drugs. With ADHD you also get the amphetamine stuff they give you to take the edge off the downers. Anti psychotics will fuck you up.
You don't want no part of this Dewey

>> No.18813533

>>18813204
During my 75ug dose (which is low) I finally appreciated the beauty of nature. Realised I was just being a dumb nihlist teenager and there was so many experiences to be had and that I had been blessed with a beautiful family and life. Realised it was me who was holding myself back because I was anxious etc etc.
I still sat on my computer everyday from 16 - 19. 19 is when literature and moving to another state really put life into perspective and got me off the computer and into the real world. Now I'm into gardening, hiking, dancing, roller skating and I'm also learning Portuguese while studying Biomedical science. It's comfy af

I've done LSD once since but it's really not worth it when you have your life on track. It's only worth it when you are days or weeks close to going forth with your suicide plans. My therapist couldn't believe the change it had on me, however she warned me of continuous use of LSD which will obviously, turn you psychotic. In the end, it wasn't the SSRIs that were going to fix my brain I needed a deep realisation.
But yeah I don't plan on doing psychs again. It's not an enjoyable experience getting stuck in thought loops, up and down emotions, uncomfortable swallowing, visuals that don't go away and a throbbing headache for 2 days long. Plus last time I got a mandarin stuck In my nasal passage, this coupled with an extensive knowledge of human anatomy was a horrible thought and feeling.

>>18813460
This anon is right, I wasn't actually mentally ill so the chemical altering drugs I took didn't change a thing and made me unable to remember a whole year of my life. Which was actually the year my dad went skitzo. That helped me come out of that whole debacle less traumatised than my brothers and sister, the poor things. Also don't become be that guy who talks about drugs any chance he gets.

>> No.18813538

>>18813533
>I got a mandarin stuck In my nasal passage
>desire to know more intensifies
You mean like a whole fucking orange up your nose? How, why, where and how Jewish are you?

>> No.18813577

>>18813538
>how Jewish are you?
top fucking kek

>> No.18813594

>>18806167
Caffeine

>> No.18813619
File: 155 KB, 596x515, images (9) (25)~3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18813538
Well my nose is pretty big but that wasn't the entrance. I laughed and a piece of the mandarin got lodged up into the orange bit in pic related. So the acidity was painful and I needed to sneeze and I had no way of getting it out. My friend kept telling me I'm over reacting and that there's in my mouth after they checked. About half a minute later I felt it slide down and I spat it into my hand and they were all horrified through my coughing I said "SEE it was stuck in my fucking nose cavity!"
It was just hard to explain without an image.

>>18813594
Also good point. Caffeine is worse than internet pornography, I seem to forget caffeine exists. It's funny that the Gov restricts people from growing a literal (marijuana) plant but will allow the shelves to be stocked with this stuff.

>>18813501
If you ever want benzos prescribed to you tell them you are afraid of flying. My doctor gave me them for flying which is another good point in regards to doctors over prescribing drugs. He should have told me to just not be a pussy and toughen up. Didn't have to take them in the end cause mummys hand is the most powerful drug when dealing with anything spooky.

>> No.18813622

>>18813594
explain anon, I'd argue the opposite but I'd like to hear your opinion first

>> No.18813647

>>18813619
>He should have told me to just not be a pussy and toughen up
The revolution in attitudes for this to take place is inconceivable. The medical establishment would have to stop caring about money. Patients would have to stop seeing the doctor as nice man give pills make bad bad go bye bye and take some responsibility for their own lives. Not a chance

>> No.18813648

>>18806167
Idk bro I want to die without em

>> No.18813723

>>18813619
>Caffeine is worse than internet pornography
Nah, caffeine has been in use for millenia

>> No.18813753
File: 191 KB, 365x250, grizzly no.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18813619
>>18813723
>never did drugs
>never smoked cigarettes
>never drank caffeine
>rarely drink alcohol
>still addicted to hardcore porn
MFW i just want some pussy pleaseeeee

>> No.18813771

>>18813753
literally just quit watching the porn and vent your libido without
it will break your heart because you'll start thinking of dovey lovemaking and see the elephant in the room that is the lack of romantic love but your brain will be safe

>> No.18813783

>>18809603
I used to rent an office across this chick running a grift where she would coach illegal immigrants to display the symptoms of PTSD, then get them diagnosed as such so when they applied for refugee status they were more likely to get accepted.
She got government funding and charitable tax breaks and everything you expect.

>> No.18813859

>>18807241
you still have the ethical problem of who say how people should behave and the inevitably loss of freedom who intrinsically psychologists promote.

>> No.18813939
File: 187 KB, 640x526, rwilliams-Psychoactive-Hormonal-Imbalance-copy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18806706
>What would be the right thing to do
remember that the only think you have is converting people in a zombi waiting to "recover" aka "adapted at least in a way to society". you can see how their eyes change like a fucking junkie when they are inside. various members of my family was in psych wards and im 100% sure in the future all the psychiatric discipline, all of it, will be see as barbaric, agressive and completely out of the loop. specially the psych wards. there is something that people think that psych wards of today are not as the fifties and one flew over the cuckoos nest, but they are different just in the surface, just a converage. in some of other protocols, but they are the same at heart. and you know it when you see it.
in this thread people are talking about drugs to change their behaviour and personality and they dont think there is nothing bad at all with this.

>> No.18814357

>>18813859
Just let the market decide dude

>> No.18814458

>>18814357
Just like the market decided on pharmaceuticals and made 5% of US population hooked on perscription drugs?

>> No.18814500

>>18814458
And of we all do our part, that 5% can only increase

>> No.18814544

How do i fix my neurosis? I tried bunch of different SSRI's but nothing helped.

>> No.18814570

>>18814544
Consider the switch to wellbutrin. SSRIs are trash.

>> No.18814634

>>18814570
I was on it for about 4 months.

>> No.18814779

>>18814544
why do you think your neurosis is bad?

>> No.18815232

>>18814544
I stopped using meds after I had a mental breakdown on Latuda after a week. In my personal experience, consistent exercise, particularly HIIT cardio, and healthy diet elevated my baseline mood. I still have lows, though they are are not as severe as they used to be. Other than that, socializing more and disconnecting from social media. The internet in general is just a negative place and if you don't have the mental fortitude to dig through for the few gems, it poisons your mind.

>> No.18815375

>>18806740
kek such a flip out

>> No.18815458

>>18810274
those are just hypotheses stupid nigger

>> No.18815459

>>18814779
Why do you think its good?

>> No.18815554

>>18813859
>the ethical problem
no such thing
>>18815458
if you read the papers, you would have seen the evidence

>> No.18815580

>>18806231
This. "Creatives" have to be medicated until they drop their delusions and start producing value.

>> No.18815817

>>18815459
i dont. you are the one who go to a psychologist. you have to see it as something bad.
>>18815554
>no such thing
this is so unnecesary stupid. what do you try to say here?. that ethics are like god, something you cant touch so its not real so you cant have an ethical problem?. is this?.

>> No.18815860

>>18815817
I feel like theres too much internal pressure but i cant release it.

>> No.18815880

>>18815860
and why do you think that is something that can be fixed?.

>> No.18815896

>>18806231