[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.71 MB, 1484x1094, comfy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.18787095 [Reply] [Original]

>27 days until L'Académie

>> No.18787099

>>18787095
He actually did it. The madman

>> No.18787108

WALDUN WILL SELL 0 COPIES OF HIS SHITTY LITTLE BOOK
FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>> No.18787109

When will (You) 4chan goons give it a rest?

>> No.18787121

GOONSQUAD CHECKING IN

>> No.18787551
File: 209 KB, 1909x1600, 1626375677039.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18787095
I thank you Anon. in 27 days we'll all be redeemed

>> No.18787602
File: 31 KB, 391x391, Emma27.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>> No.18788456

bros i'm worried, i hate him so much what if his book is good?

>> No.18788468

shut the fuck up nigger

>> No.18788581

>>18787602
I wish to make little Emma babies with little Emma herself
Emma Watson
Wat-son
What sin
Emma, what sin?
It can’t be a sin with someone as pure as you

>> No.18788602

>>18788581
Whoa, either you are Waldun or you should contact Waldun to write a book with him (something even greater than L'Académie) as you are his equal.

>> No.18788613

>>18788468
shut the fuck up nigger

>> No.18788619
File: 87 KB, 478x515, B34857F6-523A-433D-B682-5D048FEE52E2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18788602
Thank you sirs

>> No.18789785

new Waldun fan video up

https://youtu.be/xaBZCJ7H-PA

>> No.18790157
File: 1 KB, 29x32, Sneed.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18789785
Sneed autist strikes again

>> No.18790699

>>18789785
based

>> No.18791601

>>18789785
new Waldun real video up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOszy_xSkEE

>> No.18791610

>>18791601
I know /lit/ criticizes this guy, but this video is based. He cuts to the heart of Thoreau.

>> No.18792205

I'm think I'm going to have to split my review of Learned Disguise into 2 parts. I'm about halfway done and it's already over 20 minutes long.

>> No.18792322

>>18787095
Has anyone seen Saskia?
Is she still part of the group?
I'm so horny for her

>> No.18792345

>>18788581
I think I saw you commenting on Youtube some time ago

>> No.18792387

>>18792322
L'Academie's promos say that the book was co-written by Waldun, Jay, and Jayden. Saskia also hasn't shown up in any recent videos. I'm pretty sure she left. She's 35, probably has better things to do than play Dark Academia with university students

>> No.18792440

>>18792387
I was hoping for her nudes, I want to see her unkempt bush.

>> No.18792863

>>18792440
You probably already know about this, being a Saskia enthusiast, but there are a lot of non-nude photos of her on warosu thread S18146522.

>> No.18792892

>>18792387
Waldun doesn't follow her back on social media anymore, but Jay and Jaidyn do, so its safe to assume he doens't hold her as equual in his terms.

>> No.18792898

>>18792205
post the 1st part and hype us up for the 2nd

>> No.18793245

Do Waldun scholars know about this interview that Waldun gave to a magazine?

“I read a lot of biographies of people of the past,” says Robin. “One of the books that really changed me was Leonardo da Vinci’s biography by Walter Isaacson.”

It makes sense that a biography of one of the most famous renaissance people stood out to Robin. Leonardo Da Vinci’s curious nature stands in contrast to how Robin describes the rote-learning at the school.

“I read it cover to cover throughout my first few weeks when I was really damned depressed at that engineering school. As an escape, I went into the reading. I saw the sketches on there. I saw this idea of being a well-rounded person. I thought, this is the best thing ever.”

Robin runs a YouTube channel with over 65k subscribers dedicated to this idea of becoming a ‘well-rounded person’, but his growing success on the platform didn’t happen overnight.

Robin got into making YouTube videos through his first channel, which was focused on gaming.

“I basically had my hands in the cookie jars of every kind of editing softwares out there,” says Robin. “If you just chuck me editing software I’m going to know how to use it. That was what gaming taught me.”

https://altercationmagazine.com/2020/09/19/r-c-waldun-wants-to-learn-everything/

>> No.18793431

>>18792205
>>18792898
No, you gotta post it as one epic work so people know you're not fucking around.

>> No.18794337

>>18793431
>>18792898
I will embrace my autism and make one full video review of the Learned Disguise. It will be an hour long or even longer, but it matches my nature

draft video, yes, I will be using a real human voice in the final product
https://youtu.be/3fGKQXIm5RY
I still have to analyze
> finish Dr. Philip, Mrs. Philip, Allison, and Derek
> Veda
> Mr. Morton
> Gretel
> Timur
> Felix
> Cody + Callum
> Dark Academia -- and delve into the real reason he went into literature, none of this I love books bullshit

>> No.18794358

>>18794337
holy AUTISM
shit like this is the only reason I still use this awful website
who would have thought that a delusional chinese fella living on Australia would be the source of so much kino?

>> No.18794434

>>18794337
i fucking hate you

>> No.18794577

>>18794337
The virgin KDBooks vs. the chad Sneed

>> No.18794660

>>18792863
It's not the same dude.
I have a fantasy about Saskia. I imagine that when i've finally made it as a writer i get invited to Melbourne to do book signings or something. Saskia meets me and offers to show me around the city. We spend time together, a vibe grows between us. We go back to my hotel room. We make passionate love, as i thrust my cock into her she tells me what a brilliant writer i am. I fill her with my seed and she lays there on the hotel bed for a few minutes with my semen dripping through her unkempt bush.
'You're so much better than Waldun and Jay" she gasps in post-coital bliss.

>> No.18794796

>>18794337
>the real reason he went into literature, none of this I love books bullshit
What is your conclusion? I think it's a mixture of Robin wanting to be an intellectual "influencer" and watching Kill Your Darlings at the right time.
He used to be deep into his math and science homework, but to truly succeed in those fields he'd have to dedicate a ton of time. More time than making videos, at least. And at the end of the day, being a self-help guru is Waldun's true passion (once you know this, many of his mannerisms start making sense. For example, asking a rhetorical question and immediately repeating it), so he had to go down a different path. The path of least resistance was always Dark Academia: an "intellectual" community that requires money instead of intelligence and cannot be fact checked.
But then again, he wrote two books, and even a bad book is hard to write, so there has to be some naive genuineness to it all. Ah... Waldun...

>> No.18794867

>>18794796
I take it all back! I have seen the light!
Waldun is simply the product of a Tiger mom who is trying to escape his Engineering PhD destiny! But how to escape...? Lean into the white half and take on athe literary scholar role. He can still get a PhD and make money (via social media content) but he won't have to suffer the crushing difficulty of hard sciences.
So now he moves laterally and applies the strict discipline Tiger mom beat into him (from piano lessons, math homework, etc) and uses those same skills on a creative medium. He watches self-help videos and picks up their mannerisms (this may have been what caused the rebellion to begin with), he enters philosophy and reads the starter books (this proves too difficult and is abandoned for something easier), he enters dark academia and buys all the right clothing, he reads all the right classics (also too difficult and will be dropped for David Sedaris), and to tick all the boxes, to finish his homework, he write a book that is exactly as unoriginal as he is. It is perfectly unoriginal, in fact. It is perfect Waldun. He has made literature his math homework and has gotten a D. Perhaps L'Academie will be a D+, but again, he is slipping to an even easier path. YA. And we can expect a perfectly unoriginal paint by numbers YA from a man with no creative spark. It will be glorious

>> No.18794925

>>18794867
This is probably correct.
No Asian can actually create something original and meaningful because that would require them to escape their hive insect mentality

>> No.18794944

>>18794796
My conclusion is that he was unhappy with his image as an Asian geek and he desperately wanted to change. In a now deleted livestream (but I saved it, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c00Hvw4i3Gp7PmaVxvII-tssSOfiKI_8/view)) he confirms that this is the timeline
> he abruptly quits science, just fucking drops all of his high school science courses and signs up for general humanities classes, no particular specialization, only offers some evasive reason of "I was trying to find myself"
> feels lost, doesn't know what to do
> reads James Joyce Portrait Artist Young Man and suddenly decides aha, this is my calling, I must be a writer

So he left science BEFORE he got turned on by the homosexuals in Kill Your Darlings. Why would he do that? His reasoning makes no sense
1. he was at least on the surface, really into science, why drop all your classes? Even if it's not your thing anymore, you'd at least keep one or two while you try out new things
2. his reasoning of "I no likey rote learning and all my math classes were rote learning" BULLSHIT. As a self proclaimed polymath modern Renaissance man, he loved self-learning, being an auto-didact. He could've early taught himself with whatever method he wanted. It actually wasn't until he met Jay and decided to transfer to Melbourne University that he started to see the value in formal education, and this was well after the publication of Learned Disguise. Does he expect anyone to believe that the champion of self education didn't want to do science do more because he didn't like his teacher's pedagogical style?
3. There is no inherent reason that humanities woyld help him """"discover himself"""" better than science would.

I have a few pieces of evidence for my rejecting Asian heritage theory
1. The Asian tea house passages in LD where Arthur/Waldun emphasizes what a white person he is, it's weird, knowing that Arthur is in every single way Waldun except for his race
2. In the livestream, Waldun bad mouths his stem high school classmates for being nerds and he only respects well rounded social intellectuals like Cody and then he fawns over Cody, which Cody awkwardly polite laughs at
3. There was an old, deleted article on his Quirky Inquiry blog called "do I have to be an Asian doctor?" There was also a also a Do I have to be an Asian Doctor video but unfortunately he deleted it before I became a Waldun scholar
4. He often says I love you to Jay and acts borderline homosexual with him and Jay called him a sugar daddy, in the terminator plumber article Waldun even says that he took showers at Jays apartment at 1 am

>>18794867
He actually had a disappoint father, but close
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11M7pYRVdnmm3y0xEel6M2gRNJ0wYvcZO/view

Full folder of videos
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1XyFx3dnWOd6nTh0wb4hYTS0RV5OSSLNI

>> No.18794981

>>18794944
I want to add that there's nothing wrong with Waldun being a homosexual or bisexual, it is just awkward because Cody and Jay are both clearly straight.

Another thing that Waldun does which is weird but I don't know why he does it, is that Waldun often pretends that he doesn't remember whether Cody and Jay are married or only have girlfriends. I'm the livestream, Cody says that his girlfriend is Thai, and immediately afterwards Waldun says that Cody is married. Then at the end of the stream, Waldun asks Cody whether he's married. In a joint interview with Jay and Walden, Waldun randomly says that he isn't married. No one had brought up marriage or relationships prior

>> No.18795008

>>18794944
Lmao so this is what the (((humanities))) can do to a person, instead of going the engineering route as every sane person should do and making very good money - he choose the le pseudo academic lit student way
At least his family is Asian so there will always be one buffet or takeaway where he can wait tables

>> No.18795984

>>18794944
Thanks for the timeline.
His reasons for leaving science are an obvious cope for the increasing difficulty and competition he was facing in school. I don't believe he was ever into science the way a true nerd is into science. Rather, he was forced into it and used the little knowledge he had to make what he was actually into: YouTube videos. This is the point where Waldun begins lying to himself. He is not so bursting with passion for science/math/philosophy/literature/ that he is compelled to make videos; instead, it's the other way around. His desire to be an influencer is the true driving force of his identity. By mimicking the high-energy, passionate YouTubers he admired, he started gaining his own following as a "young genius" type.
The thing that makes Waldun so great is that he doesn't realize the cope. He's actually going through the "intellectual" motions even though he despises so much of it.
The key to this theory is all in his Gravity's Rainbow review on Patreon. (Yes, I gave Waldun $5 to listen to it.)
Gravity's Rainbow absolutely crushed and exposed Waldun. I'm talking this guy didn't comprehend a word and yet still had the balls to make three recordings and charge money for it. This is fine. He even admits to only understanding about 15% of it. The issue is that he claims to have loved it.
He lied, but did he lie to himself?
He boxed himself in. He was the #NoFearHardBooks creator, after all. But it's clear as day that he abandoned the book. The truth is that he learned literature was more complex than just reading one word one after the other... And the challenge upset him.
Why didn't he admit to being filtered by a challenging book? Greed? Hubris? Complete delusion? We may never know. But it was at this point that RC knew he couldn't keep the charade up for much longer. Just like when philosophy got tough, he had to change again. No longer was he into difficult, long books. No. Now he was like Jay. A flaneur. A man of the street. A man who saw the beauty in the ordinary and scoffed at the excessive. The unholy lovechild of David Sedaris and Fran Lebowitz (who, coincidentally, he just read/watched a ton of). The type of man to monetize his diary.
Now there's a bit of an conflict of identity for Waldun because he's back in the classroom reading Ulysses. Is he going to stand by his principles that grades don't matter while Tiger mom awaits him at home? Will he tell his professor that one should drop a book the instant it gets boring? Of course not. As we can see in his latest video, Waldun will now live in the grey area between these things as all wise men do. He will not hold to any convictions. He will do what's easiest.

>> No.18796028

>>18795984
I have no idea how patreon works but if you could get the videos of his review of Gravity's Rainbow that would be amazing lad. Or just tell us more about his review of it. What were his main points about it? Did he enjoy it?
I NEED to know more about Valdun's review of this book to prove that he is a true literary connoisseur.

>> No.18796089

>>18795984
the one problem with the is how did Waldun get into Monash University with his grades in high school, and then later transfer into Melbourne University with his grades from Monash, if he was struggling so much with his classes?

>> No.18796095

>>18787095
This is an outdated thread. Please update it, Anon.

>> No.18796103

>>18796089
he probably had fine grades in stem & math but struggles now with lit shit

>> No.18796130

>>18795984
I can't see Waldun being a man of the street like Jay is. He'd probably throw a fit if a homeless man touched his dark academia wool peacoat

>> No.18796145

>>18796089
I don't think he was struggling, I just think it was getting more challenging and he was tired of all the work when there was an easier alternative. This is just speculation, but considering he went to a prestigious school he probably wasn't the smartest kid in his class anymore. That would have bruised his ego because faux intelligence is all he has. Well, that and his looks

>> No.18796250

>>18796028
It's exactly what you'd imagine but somehow less entertaining and with less effort.
>Totally unscripted.
>He says "Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow" and "Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon" throughout the review to eat up time
>Almost entirely platitudes
>Does not discuss the plot, premise, or even Slothrop
>Claims he doesn't want to spoil the book
>The only characters he mentions directly are Roger Mexico and Jessica (for those of you unaware, these characters appear EARLY in the novel in one of the simplest sections of the book
>Talks about how beautiful their relationship is and what great characters they are.
>The only event in the book that he mentions is the passage that everyone has read
>Does not discuss it because it is so "horrific" or something to that effect
>Mentions again how Pynchon is such a great writer and he loved the characters
>Says the characters are great
This is all I can remember but I promise you there's nothing more. He's not even good at bullshitting. He just says nothing for 20 minutes or however long it is.
Here's what puzzles me though: At first I assumed he knew his "review" was trash and that's why he hid it on Patreon where only psycho fans would listen to it. But why make it three parts? Surely 10 minutes would have been enough. Maybe he promised an in depth review. I don't know. And also, if he knew his review was trash, why not read a wiki summary and fake it? He's not lazy so is he just dumb? ANYWAY
I'm not gonna resubscribe to the Patreon but some Waldunchad scholar should. Plus he'll prob answer your PMs since your helping mom fund his LARP

>> No.18796330

>>18796250
kek that's great. didn't expect Valdun to have anything meaningful to say about it at all, thanks for confirming that lad

>> No.18796437

>>18796145
> his looks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6TDqpYItTs

>> No.18796559
File: 105 KB, 545x680, Groom.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18796437
Another classic by Sneed autist

>> No.18796992

>>18795984
The most interesting part for me is how he has actually found a calling he is good at with video production, but I think he sees that as a lowly career, so will never commit to it.

btw I did the class he's doing atm with Ulysses last year, and they only set the first episode. With the amount of content for the semester, attempting to read the whole thing would be stupid. The fact he made a vid about it strengthens my theory he doesn't actually complete the books he reviews (eg. Infinite Jest).

>> No.18797009

>>18796089
VCE (the exam system to get in) is the easiest testing system in the world. There is no requirement to learn anything, you just need to remember a few key things per subject - it's just that most kids are too lazy to even do that.

t. I scored in top 5% but am brain dead.

also If Robin isn't an Aus citizen, then he can literally pay to go.

>> No.18797027

>>18796130
Having met Jay, he has few traits which allow him to flourish 'on the street,' that he probably doesn't realize he has. Firstly, he's like 6ft 4 which gives him a physical reassurance in his encounters, and his accent is foreign to most Melbourne people, so they can't make any assumptions about his class or ethos from talking to him.

>> No.18797029

>>18796145

He looks like shit and I'm surprised he got into an elite uni. In aussie what does that mean? Top 1%? Top 5-10%? He is not smart enough to understand lit. Ofc exams and gpa drudgery aren't perfect encapsulations of intelligence or wisdom

>> No.18797036

>>18796250
patreon charges at the first of the month, you could resub, download all the content, and cancel without being charged.

>> No.18797040

>>18797029
see
>>18797009

>> No.18797062
File: 121 KB, 720x1130, 20210807_002913.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

the reviews are coming in

>> No.18797086

>>18791610
you got through more than 30 seconds?

>> No.18797092

>>18797062
How many are there of these pseud booktubers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUEOEl2mJA7arRKNk71krUg/videos

>> No.18797136

>>18796992
He's actually legit good at playing the piano, he should've become a professional pianist.

>> No.18797263

>>18797062
He's getting all of his friends to falsely review his book. How sad.

>> No.18797376

>>18797263
Worked for John Green. Wonder what these people say when KDBooks gets his hands on it.

>> No.18797451
File: 239 KB, 366x634, Screenshot 2021-08-07 1.08.29 AM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>18797062
Anons I can't

>> No.18797451,1 [INTERNAL] 

>>18794337
Holy shit this was fantastic. Subscribed and eagerly awaiting your full video.

>> No.18798022

>>18794337
impressive. i long to see you demolish this tasty twink

>> No.18798624

>>18797451
KEK who cares about Ulysses when you could read a YA dystopian fiction?

>> No.18800037

>>18797451
Step aside, Joyce

>> No.18800504

>>18797451
the weak Joyce fears the strong Waldun

>> No.18800801

waldunbros time has stood still...was the release delayed?

>> No.18801289

>>18800801
Just heard that it will never drop

>> No.18802575
File: 73 KB, 1024x709, 1627090766621.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>Q returns with a video about L'Académie

>> No.18802950

>>18798022
I don't think that anontuber is trying to demolish Waldun

>> No.18803019

>>18794337