[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 789 KB, 1871x1428, Asinou_Apostelkommunion.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.18781142 [Reply] [Original]

>While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”
>Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.”

Well, /lit/, what does the atheist and gnostic non-dualist say to this?

>> No.18781201

>>18781142
The atheist just says ‘that’s weird’ and forgets about it.
The docetic (who is, in fact, a dualist) says something along the lines of ‘the flesh is the Spirit and the blood is the Word’ (maybe it’s the other way around), and since they don’t believe that Jesus was a corporeal being, they see it as a metaphor for needing to take in both the Holy Spirit and the Word.
Non-docetic Gnostics may have a variety of takes.

>> No.18781433

Can any educated anon help a negro out? Per Wrede's interpretation of the secrecy theme in Mark, are only the apostles offered salvation? How does their final destination compare to Gehinnom/Gehenna or Sheol as it could have been understood by Dismas on the cross?