[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 27 KB, 422x422, MaxPayneCouldn_tMakeSense.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18775822 No.18775822 [Reply] [Original]

Are there any good books that help you become a little more astute in social situations without falling into retarded PUA territory? I tend to overshare and feel as though I need to seek approval when talking with people IRL, and I tend to be hypercompliant without thinking.
This helps me gain friends rapidly, I've never had a problem ingratiating myself with people, but half the time it just feels like a reflex and it's inauthentic.
>tl;dr are there any good books about optimal social functioning that are more in-depth and not just retarded self help?

>> No.18776373
File: 226 KB, 616x586, jap.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ill be honest with you man, books are great for most of the things you want to learn, but they're not gonna help you in that situation. your best bet is trying and failing, is the only way, the more people irl you talk to, the more patterns you will find and with the time, you'll take advantage of it, but this time gonna be authentic.

>> No.18776417

haven't read it, because I already don't give a fuck. But maybe:
>The Subtle Art of Not Giving A Fuck.