[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 126 KB, 1399x2252, trans-9780861540495_hr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18666200 No.18666200 [Reply] [Original]

*demolishes trans ideology in your path*

>> No.18666238

>>18666200
Okay, nice.
There aren’t any trans here though. (Couple of gay guys post traps, but that’s different)

>> No.18666300

>>18666238
you just had to. You had to reply in a thread about trans. Just can't stand a day without attention, can you? Be it negative or positive. Well positive attention is kind of out of the question so... this is the first time i've actually reacted to you butterfly. I've let you flutter by in all those other posts and threads but now i understand the reason people feel the way they do about you.
You are the proverbial attention whore. The worst of all the tripfags. From now on i will no longer feel bad every time anyone hates on you. Just had to let you know. Here's your (you).

>> No.18666305

>>18666200
What does it say about trannies?

>> No.18666333

>>18666300
It didn’t another thread.
I’m not after attention and I’m certainly not asking for a post such as this
> From now on i will no longer feel…
Feel free. You supposedly never talk to me anyway. No hard feelings.

>> No.18666336

>>18666333
>It didn’t NEED another thread.

>> No.18666343

>>18666333
Nice trips butterfly, also I think you're cute.

>> No.18667832

>>18666200
Have you actually read it and if so what's it about?

>> No.18667840

>>18666343
Put your trip back on.

>> No.18667916

>>18666336
Hahaha I think I accidentally hijacked your stupid trip for a few days so that’s why you have it secured with a pw now hahahahahaha that’s what you get

>> No.18667924

>seething woman
>demolishing anything intellectually
She's just mad that men are taking advantage of the privilege she views as her birthright. If you want an actual criticism of trans ideology look for faggots writing about trannies brainwashing all the twinks into fucking up their endocrine systems and mutilating their genitals.

>> No.18667927

>>18666200
How so?

>> No.18667932
File: 36 KB, 477x461, whenbutterfly.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18666238
>>18666333
>>18666336

>> No.18667981

>>18667924
>If you want an actual criticism of trans ideology look for faggots writing about trannies brainwashing all the twinks into fucking up their endocrine systems

Literally, the fucking introduction:

"Another backlash is imminent in paediatric gender medicine. Until recently, hardly any children presented at gender clinics, but in the past decade the number has soared. Every one of the dozen or so studies of children with gender dysphoria – discomfort and misery caused by one’s biological sex – has found that most grow out of it, as long as they are supported in their gender non-conformity and not encouraged in a cross-sex identification. Many of these ‘desisters’ are destined to grow up gay: there is copious evidence of a strong link between early gender non-conformity and adult homosexuality.
But as gender clinics have come under activists’ sway, the treatment they offer has taken an ideological turn. Instead of advising parents to watch and wait with sympathy and kindness, they now work on the assumption that childhood gender dysphoria destines someone to trans adulthood. They recommend immediate ‘social transition’ – a change of name, pronouns and presentation – followed successively by drugs to block puberty, cross-sex hormones and surgery, often while the patient is still in their teens. This treatment pathway is a fast track to sexual dysfunction and sterility in adulthood.
In the past few years a new group of trans-identifying minors has emerged: teenage girls. Until very recently, this demographic was almost never seen at gender clinics: now it predominates worldwide. And again these girls are fast-tracked to hormones and surgery, even though there is no evidence that these will help – and good reason to think they will not. This is the demographic most prone to social contagions, from the outbreaks of hysterical laughter and fainting that have been documented in girls’ schools and convents throughout history, to the eating disorders and self-harm that sometimes sweep through friendship groups in the present day. Now another is under way, this time spread by social-justice warriors on social media alongside the medical profession and schools, which have added gender-identity ideology to the curriculum."

"What finally pushed me to write this book, however, was meeting some of gender-identity ideology’s most poignant victims. They are detransitioners: people who took hormonal and sometimes surgical steps towards transition, only to realise that they had made a catastrophic mistake."
"Their most obvious wounds are physical: mastectomies; castration; bodies shaped by cross-sex hormones. But the mental wounds go deeper. They bought into an ideology that is incoherent and constantly shifting, and where the slightest deviation is ferociously punished."

>> No.18668019

Didn't someone post pictures of butterfly before? I was in a thread when they were deleted. What's the deal with this individual, anyways?
>>18667981
In a way this reminds me of reeducation camps for homosexuals. Imagine the outcry if some sort of 'neo-conservative' government respected homosexuality, but only under the condition that they change their gender to match their sexual preference.
Of course there's also the (slightly strawman-y) question: if gender doesn't exist, why change it?

>> No.18668024

>>18666343
lmao you truly are sick bugfaggot

>> No.18668050

*SIGH*
>>18667932
You see the contradiction, yes?
>>18667840
>>18668024
Wasn’t me.
>>18667916
Lifting the trip and pasting it as a name doesn’t work.
>>18668019
Just an oldfag poster. Woman, lesbian, anarchist, atheist. And an assortment of other things the edgy newcomers hate. I resemble Björk. A plainer cousin

>> No.18668055

>>18666238
>>18666200
samefagging to your own OP in the fp is kind of cringe

>> No.18668064
File: 885 KB, 1500x1873, 83E704F6-6D73-4095-B050-074DCAA9A2F9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18668055
I don’t want the thread

>> No.18668107
File: 643 KB, 1022x731, itsallsotiresome.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18666238
>>18666333
>>18666336
>>18668050
>>18668064

>> No.18668160

>>18666200

This strikes me as IDW-ish haymaking that never backs up its claims with scientific data or the documented medical consensus. It points to the times our modern approach has negatively impacted individuals (will always be examples of this for every policy we have regarding anything we attempt to govern) and makes money off people who will never try to see the bigger picture.

>> No.18668356

>>18668160
>This strikes me as IDW-ish haymaking that never backs up its claims with scientific data or the documented medical consensus.
That’s because it is. All these books are one sided think pieces that are trying to stop people’s choices in their lives. Not even really that, but more just straight up seething. All of these attempts to stop “le whim troons” sinc ‘the transsexual empire’ reek of seethe

>> No.18668383

>>18668356
*”le ebin troons”

Also, in short, anybody that *really* cares about trannies is either another Frankie or is “hurt” by their existence. You decide which is more pathetic.

>> No.18668431

>>18668160
I am not gonna say you're wrong, as I only skimmed through the introduction, where she says:
> I will present the scientific research into what causes gender dysphoria and cross-sex identification

>> No.18668540

>>18668160
>>18668356
>>18668383
Right, because there is no real problem about convincing prepubescents to irrevocably change or mutilate their body. There is no problem with propagandistic identity-fads resulting in actual children being taken away from actual families. There is certainly no problem with a medical industry which defers to a 7-year-old for permanent cosmetic procedures that they can't possibly conceptualize the lifelong implications of, while also labelling a hesitant or disagreeing parent as abusive. There is no such thing as social fabric, nothing anyone does affects anyone else, and it is better to put your head in the sand always.

Just keep toeing the line. After all, you wouldn't want to be called a transphobe. That is much worse than admitting there are major problems with the medical and trans community, as reflected by serious research.

>> No.18668579

>>18668540
>defers to a 7-year-old for permanent cosmetic procedures
NOBODY DOES THIS

The most we do with children is send them to a therapist and let them dress how they like. The whole fight about puberty blockers is also heavily bullshit since we can stop and reverse their effect at any time. (I’ve looked at the studies fag)

Stop letting your disgust at hons build into an ebin LARP to “save the children”.

Go ahead, tell me to dilate, 41% etc. I’m not going to convince you away from your seethe

>> No.18668589

>>18668579
>The whole fight about puberty blockers is also heavily bullshit since we can stop and reverse their effect at any time. (I’ve looked at the studies fag)

There aren't long-term studies on the effects of blocking puberty hormones in developing children.

Yikes.

>> No.18668629

In 100 years tranny shit will be looked at the same way we think of lobotomies today. Every leader of the cult will be remembered the same way as Josef Mengele. Your kids will change their names to avoid being associated with you. You sexually torture and psychologically abuse children, and there is no temporal punishment strong enough to remediate your hideous crimes. I greatly hope Hell exists so that you can rot there for all eternity.

>> No.18668660

>>18668356
>trying to stop people’s choices
>Implying, you can make one
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nudge_theory
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choice_architecture

>> No.18668713

>>18668579
>The whole fight about puberty blockers is also heavily bullshit since we can stop and reverse their effect at any time.
http://libgen.gs/item/index.php?md5=78617614BC1AA122331E4F9286DDE76E

"A 2001 study in which 25 children treated for early puberty with triptorelin acetate were tested with the short form Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children (Mul et al., 2001). In this study, children took the IQ test before treatment and again after two years of treatment.It was found that their IQ dropped 7 points from 100 to 93.With 25 treated participants, this 7-point drop was significant.
Staphorsius et al. (2015) conducted a study in a gender dysphoric (GD) adolescent group under hormonal suppression to investigate the impact of pubertal suppression on executive function (EF); they compared GD adolescents under GnRHa treatment to GD adolescents undergoing physiological puberty and compared them to male and female control groups using the Tower of London test. What they found was a negative impact of pubertal suppression on EF.
Additionally, a global IQ decrease was reported in a longitudinal follow-up of girls with central precocious puberty treated with GnRHa in Schuerger and Witt (1989).17 In an animal study with pre-pubertal castrated sheep (Hough et al., 2016, 2017), researchers reported an impairment in long-term spatial memory that was not reversed by subsequent hormone replacement treatment. Finally, another study correlated verbal skill impairment to pubertal suppression in a GD group (Costa et al., 2015).
To call this child abuse is the understatement of the century. There is nothing stunning and brave about this; it’s sick, and people are profiting from it. Michael Laidlaw states that the puberty blockerLupron costs $775 a month alone; consider that “that’s a $27,000 ‘pause button’ at 5 years [of age]…Multiply this together with the huge rise in cases documented or observed in Western nations and a major windfall is to be had.” Now we’re starting to get to the heart of one of the major motivations: profit. And, by the way, as we’ve just seen, Lupron is not a “pause” on puberty, but a significant harm-inducer on otherwise healthy children."

Mul, D., et al., “Psychological assessments before and after treatment of early puberty in adopted children,”
Staphorsius, A. S., et al., “Puberty suppression and executive functioning: an fMRI-study in adolescents with gender dysphoria,”
Schuerger, J. M. and A.C. Witt, “The temporal stability of individuality tests intelligence,”
Hough, D., et al., “Spatial memory is impaired by peripubertal GnRH agonist treatment and testosterone replacement in sheep,”
Hough, D., et al., “A reduction in long-term spatial memory persists after discontinuation of peripubertal GnRH agonist treatment in sheep,”
Costa, Rosalia, et al., “Psychological support, puberty suppression, and psychosocial functioning in adolescents with gender dysphoria,”

>> No.18668728

>>18668579
Deferring to prepubescent children for hormone treatment is LITERALLY happening, mostly in UK, US, Canada.

>The most we do with children is send them to a therapist and let them dress how they like
false

>Stop letting your disgust at hons build into an ebin LARP to “save the children”.
I'm more concerned with the perverse union between the medical industry and brainless ideologues that think calling yourself something you're not, and forcing other people to play pretend with you, is healthy for the individual or society at large. The issue of child treatment is just an obvious symptom of the absolute idiocy and delusion which has turned into outright abusive evil. 8AYS8

>> No.18668739

My favorite weightlifter is trans and she is gonna OWN these upcoming Olympics!

>> No.18669120

>>18668019
>Imagine the outcry if some sort of 'neo-conservative' government respected homosexuality, but only under the condition that they change their gender to match their sexual preference.
They do this in Iran.

>> No.18669144

>>18668739
I wonder how leftists will cope when the third worlders they like to "stand up for" inevitably will call foul.

>> No.18669358

>>18666200
Is this better than that Heritage foundation book that keeps getting shilled with le epic banned from amazon?