[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 3.13 MB, 2924x3994, George_Charles_Beresford_-_Virginia_Woolf_in_1902_-_Restoration (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18663047 No.18663047 [Reply] [Original]

*crushes every single myth about literary limitations of women*
heh nothing personal incel

>> No.18663057

>>18663047
>Writes a bunch of victorian chick-lit about your average "feminist" women drooling over the archetype of an alpha male.
Rupi Kaur of the victorian era.

What you are looking for is Clarice Lispector.

>> No.18663058

>>18662726

>> No.18663061

>>18663047
Who's that cutie? I wanna kiss her face.

>> No.18663064

Just goes to show how terrible 99% of women authors are.

>> No.18663085

>>18663057
>Clarice Lispector
>Everything in the world began with a yes. One molecule said yes to another molecule and life was born
dropped

>> No.18663100

Can someone make a shopped edit of her face without the anglo chin? She was so close to being a 10/10.

>> No.18663101
File: 26 KB, 500x500, unnamed (2).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18663047
I want to bite through her bunions with bare teeth.

>> No.18663104

>>18663047
>She misspelled the meme

>> No.18663111

Women can write too you guys starter pack:
>something Victorian
>that's it
Woah.

>> No.18663117

>>18663047
No. You can't write anything decent and be a woman. She was a man by definition. Why yes, I'm an incel, how could you tell?

>>18663100
Why? She looks fine.

>> No.18663118
File: 66 KB, 500x666, 5gp3qo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18663085

>> No.18663216

>>18663111
>Doesn't even name drop ayn rand.
Pain.

>> No.18663238

Sorry but her characterisation of men is shit and obviously built on resentment, I understand now how women feel reading male-written female characters lel

>> No.18663431

>>18663047
You are thinking of Flannery O'Connor.

>> No.18663810

>>18663238
Male written female characters are realistic. Women simply can't write

>> No.18663851
File: 92 KB, 848x658, 5D012F3E-39A3-4351-B482-B58ED9A75130.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

*crushes every single myth about dogs not being cats*
Nothing personal cat essentialist

>> No.18664008

>>18663057
>>18663111
it is fucking insane there are people this retarded who complain about shit they don't even know about. Virginia Woolf is not victorian retards.

>> No.18664019

>>18663047

I heard she has some great poetic excerpts on some of her novels. Anyone here knows a good one to post?

>> No.18664030

>>18664008
If it is good it is man made, by definition. This whole woman and pussy thing is a social construct. Even Simone de Beauvoir (who was also a man) confirms this in his Second Sex: "one is not born, but rather becomes, a woman". Those who don't decay and produce good works of art are men. I don't know what you are talking about, because that is a dead white male.

>> No.18664072

I refuse to read any of her work because of her nauseating remarks about James Joyce. Don't bother replying to this post, I won't come back to this thread.

>> No.18664086
File: 59 KB, 421x624, Joycean Epiphany.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18663064
No. She is overrated to the EXTREME. To The Lighthouse was marbled with cringe. The Waves is actual garbage.

There is a reason her works are never discussed. Watch this thread. Look at any Woolf thread.

My instinct is to compare her to a certain female literary genius, but that's not fair. Put her next to idk go down the fucking list. I don't like DFW and she compares poorly to his works. Lovecraft compares better.

Her biggest contribution to culture was a fucking Albee play.

>> No.18664108

Isn’t To The Lighthouse just straight up schizobabble?

>> No.18664120

>>18663047
>totally unknown with no works that survived the test of time
heh nothing personal femcel

>> No.18664127

>>18664120
Jej seethe harder while mrs dalloway bout to be pushed into the 937304738308th reissue

>> No.18664194

>>18664108
Nope. It's coherent. It's... fine. It's just not good and not worth your time.

>>18664127
Wow I forgot about Mrs Dalloway. It is embarrassingly bad. This one is bad but worth reading because it's so bad.

>> No.18664203

Why do incels like to push the meme that women can't write? Every major culture has at least a handful of good to great female authors.

>> No.18664210

>>18664203
Those are white males, don't be ridiculous.

>> No.18664244
File: 1.11 MB, 1024x1024, IMG_1660.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18664203
Name... 2... from each major culture. I'm curious.

>> No.18664476

>>18664244
I don't know what you consider to be major culture but off the top of my head:
>English:
Dickinson
Bronte's
>Greek
Sappho
Erinna
>Spanish
Sor Juana
Mistral
>Italian
Vittoria Colonna
>French
de Beauvoir
Sand
>Russia
Akhmatova
>Indian
Mirabai
>Japan
Murasaki

I don't know as much about Arabic or Chinese literature but I know they both have a few notable female poets as well.

>> No.18664482

exception proves the rule

>> No.18664519

>>18664476
Also forgot
>German
Hildegard von Bingen
Droste-Hulshoff

>> No.18664791

>>18664476
This is a sad list. Also English and American are different.

>Sappho
Bruh. No.

>1 Italian

>1 Russian

>India is a culture
Bruh.

>Japan
>The only culture that has predominantly female lit classics
>lists 1
Lol.

>> No.18664800

>>18663057
>Clarice Lispector.
the most navel gazing bitch ever
and absolutely nothing in that navel
her self-centred writings make me gag

>> No.18664858

https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/02/07/dreadnought-hoax-virginia-woolf/
She took part in one of the all time greatest pranks even, as part of the “royal family of Zanzibar” in blackface getting a state visit on the Royal Navy flagship.

>> No.18664875

>>18664476
literal whos, all of them

>> No.18664876

No you're thinking of Falnnery O'Connor

>> No.18665915

From diaries of Frater:

"Honestly I haven’t enjoyed any piece of writing that I’ve read from Dickinson and in general every female I’ve read has been on average worse when compared to their male counterpart. And the greatest female writers all seem to fall incredibly short of the greatest men."

>> No.18665920

He tries Woolf:

"A tiny bit a long while ago, I dropped it. Can’t remember which book it was, I remember thinking it wasn’t my aesthetic or preference and simply didn’t leave a impact. Name a book and I’ll read the first 10 pages and that ought to be enough to judge whether she’s worth continuing to read. Yeah?"

>> No.18665923

>>18663057
>Clarice Lispector.
lmao no, Wolff is 100x better

>> No.18665925

Feminist anon recommends The Waves.

He obliges:

"Alright I’ll begin right away and will return after I’ve read 10 pages, and have contemplated them."

>> No.18665928

>>18664875
pleb

>> No.18665929

He destroys and continues:

"To put it bluntly, I’m not impressed.

The portion I enjoyed the most was the opening page describing the rising sun upon the waters, and even that one I found the description to be trying too hard to be just descriptive and photographic and not charged with enough conceptual aspects. I get it’s trying to convey a mood but still, I worried from it that I was going to run into a similar experience as I had with HD, but I actually found she has the opposite problem to HD after that page.

What follows is honestly, a gimmick. I call it a gimmick because at no point was I allowed to forget I am reading a book, at no point was an illusion created in which I forgot the medium and enjoyed the beauty for itself.

Her style didn’t impress me in it because all she did was assault us with a ton of similes, but these failed because the majority of them weren’t impactful emotionally and as for their intellectual content, they’re closer to the stuff that appeals to those who want poetic feels and not genuine intellectual sustenance. This would be normally fine but she’s trying for too formless a style, in this formless vocal simile style she keeps casting images and I keep seeing emptiness in them. It was nothing but a dance of empty shapes with the occasional goodline on a technical level. If you cannot get me into the illusion you have failed, if your illusion strives for the formless style it must have a purpose otherwise it is nothing but emptiness. Perhaps this was a meme selection and her other books are less gimmick filled.

I cannot see why someone would read this over something like thunder Perfect mind. Let me show you a difference in power.

Cont"

>> No.18665936

"I was sent forth from the power,
and I have come to those who reflect upon me,
and I have been found among those who seek after me.
Look upon me, you who reflect upon me,
and you hearers, hear me.
You who are waiting for me, take me to yourselves.
And do not banish me from your sight.
And do not make your voice hate me, nor your hearing.
Do not be ignorant of me anywhere or any time. Be on your guard!
Do not be ignorant of me.
For I am the first and the last.
I am the honored one and the scorned one.
I am the whore and the holy one.
I am the wife and the virgin.
I am <the mother> and the daughter.
I am the members of my mother.
I am the barren one
and many are her sons.
I am she whose wedding is great,
and I have not taken a husband.
I am the midwife and she who does not bear.
I am the solace of my labor pains.
I am the bride and the bridegroom,
and it is my husband who begot me.
I am the mother of my father
and the sister of my husband
and he is my offspring.
I am the slave of him who prepared me.
I am the ruler of my offspring.
But he is the one who begot me before the time on a birthday.
And he is my offspring in (due) time,
and my power is from him.
I am the staff of his power in his youth,
and he is the rod of my old age.
And whatever he wills happens to me.
I am the silence that is incomprehensible
and the idea whose remembrance is frequent.
I am the voice whose sound is manifold
and the word whose appearance is multiple.
I am the utterance of my name. (And it continues on with this same power)
Or let me show you another one, from John dee.

I am the daughter of Fortitude,
and ravished every hour from my youth,
for behold, I am understanding & science dwelleth in me: & the heavens oppress me,
They cover and desire me with infinite appetite
few or none that are earthly have embraced me
for I am shadowed with the circle of the son:
and covered with the morning clouds:
My feet are swifter than the winds,
& my hands are sweeter than the morning dew.
My garments are from the beginning:
& my dwelling place is in myself.
The lion knoweth not where I walk: neither do the beast of the field understand me. I am deflowered & yet a virgin.
I sanctify & am not sanctified
happy is he that embraceth me.
for in the night season I am sweet,
and in the day full of pleasure.

And this one Laos continues on for sometime.

Do you know what’s the similarity between these three works? They project femininity, they project formlessness, they are filled with images. The difference? These two do not feel empty, the imagery used is just as fast paced if not more so than Virginia’s but has many times more force because it isn’t empty simple that only reflects at most emotion and at worse just attempts to string together nice sounding descriptions that are semi relevant based on a cast who only exist to move forward the images.

Cont"

>> No.18665938

Omae ma wo shinderu:

"I wondered after reading 10 pages if she would do this for the entire book so after reading I skipped to random parts of the book and did not see any change.

I’m not saying this to be controversial, I just wasn’t impressed. Again compare something like Hertha to it. Also it didn’t help that all of the characters had the same exact voice. If I can see the man behind the mask he’s wearing a poor costume, so is it with this art.

But again, perhaps this is just a flaw of the specific work and she’s more convincing in other works. I can’t imagine they’re all written in this style"

>> No.18665944

Sigh:

"I mean it honestly comes off more like an average prose poem. I can’t understand how this has so much acclaim and support when there’s so much more beautiful and descriptive prose that actually can take you and drag you into the illusion world of the author’s mind. I mean look at this:

“I SEE a ring,’ said Bernard, ‘hanging above me. It quivers and hangs in a loop of light.’
‘I see a slab of pale yellow,’ said Susan, ‘spreading away until it meets a purple stripe.’
‘I hear a sound,’ said Rhoda, ‘cheep, chirp; cheep chirp; going up and down.’
‘I see a globe,’ said Neville, ‘hanging down in a drop against the enormous flanks of some hill.’
‘I see a crimson tassel,’ said Jinny, ‘twisted with gold threads.’
‘I hear something stamping,’ said Louis. ‘A great beast’s foot is chained. It stamps, and stamps, and stamps.’
‘Look at the spider’s web on the corner of the balcony,’ said Bernard. ‘It has beads of water on it, drops of white light.’
‘The leaves are gathered round the window like pointed ears,’ said Susan.
‘A shadow falls on the path,’ said Louis, ‘like an elbow bent.’
‘Islands of light are swimming on the grass,’ said Rhoda. ‘They have fallen through the trees.’
‘The birds’ eyes are bright in the tunnels between the leaves,’ said Neville.
‘The stalks are covered with harsh, short hairs,’ said Jinny, ‘and drops of water have stuck to them.’
‘A caterpillar is curled in a green ring
I’d even say this was over much if this was just the first half of one page, but it’s a poor application of trying to feel mysterious by casting an attack of rapid fire imagery. None of them particularly strong. And am I to believe a man is the one speaking when I read

Look at the spider’s web on the corner of the balcony,’ said Bernard. ‘It has beads of water on it, drops of white light.

Am I to believe these are a host of characters and not just one person trying to make many voices of feeling covered imagery? What would I gain in terms of aesthetic or intellectual pleasure, self contemplation, emotional movement or even just lowly crass energetic pleasure if I read this entire book if it’s just this same empty repetition? I don’t believe reading 10 pages or 100 pages of this would change my mind."

>> No.18665946
File: 38 KB, 493x493, 200622_r36634.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The best female writers/philosophers I can think of are catholic

>> No.18666755

>>18664019
To the Lighthouse.

>> No.18666758

>>18665915
>Honestly I haven’t enjoyed any piece of writing that I’ve read from Dickinson
filtered

>> No.18667226

>>18666758
Nah I’ve read every single poem of hers and large books concerning her to try to understand what’s the appeal, she’s genuinely just an inferior writer who appeals more on a sentimental level than an actual skill, imagery and sound level.

Post her best poem and I’ll post a minor male poet with likely a superior poem.

>> No.18667304

>>18667226
What do you think about Dylan Thomas?

>> No.18667320

>>18667304
I like some of his work and dislike some of his work, I also like his friend Vernon Watkins. Some interesting sounds and imagery without a doubt but not a favorite.

Here’s a poem of his I liked.

Now as I was young and easy under the apple boughs
About the lilting house and happy as the grass was green,
The night above the dingle starry,
Time let me hail and climb
Golden in the heydays of his eyes,
And honoured among wagons I was prince of the apple towns
And once below a time I lordly had the trees and leaves
Trail with daisies and barley
Down the rivers of the windfall light.

And as I was green and carefree, famous among the barns
About the happy yard and singing as the farm was home,
In the sun that is young once only,
Time let me play and be
Golden in the mercy of his means,
And green and golden I was huntsman and herdsman, the calves
Sang to my horn, the foxes on the hills barked clear and cold,
And the sabbath rang slowly
In the pebbles of the holy streams.

All the sun long it was running, it was lovely, the hay
Fields high as the house, the tunes from the chimneys, it was air
And playing, lovely and watery
And fire green as grass.
And nightly under the simple stars
As I rode to sleep the owls were bearing the farm away,
All the moon long I heard, blessed among stables, the nightjars
Flying with the ricks, and the horses
Flashing into the dark.

And then to awake, and the farm, like a wanderer white
With the dew, come back, the cock on his shoulder: it was all
Shining, it was Adam and maiden,
The sky gathered again
And the sun grew round that very day.
So it must have been after the birth of the simple light
In the first, spinning place, the spellbound horses walking warm
Out of the whinnying green stable
On to the fields of praise.

And honoured among foxes and pheasants by the gay house
Under the new made clouds and happy as the heart was long,
In the sun born over and over,
I ran my heedless ways,
My wishes raced through the house high hay
And nothing I cared, at my sky blue trades, that time allows
In all his tuneful turning so few and such morning songs
Before the children green and golden
Follow him out of grace,

Nothing I cared, in the lamb white days, that time would take me
Up to the swallow thronged loft by the shadow of my hand,
In the moon that is always rising,
Nor that riding to sleep
I should hear him fly with the high fields
And wake to the farm forever fled from the childless land.
Oh as I was young and easy in the mercy of his means,
Time held me green and dying
Though I sang in my chains like the sea.

>> No.18667339

>>18667320
I find him enormously gifted with words but without a vision and too given to alliteration.
The opening of 'under the milkwood' is great:-

"To begin at the beginning:

It is Spring, moonless night in the small town, starless and bible-black, the cobblestreets silent and the hunched, courters'-and- rabbits' wood limping invisible down to the sloeblack, slow, black, crowblack, fishingboat-bobbing sea. The houses are blind as moles (though moles see fine to-night in the snouting, velvet dingles) or blind as Captain Cat there in the muffled middle by the pump and the town clock, the shops in mourning, the Welfare Hall in widows' weeds. And all the people of the lulled and dumbfound town are sleeping now.

Hush, the babies are sleeping, the farmers, the fishers, the tradesmen and pensioners, cobbler, schoolteacher, postman and publican, the undertaker and the fancy woman, drunkard, dressmaker, preacher, policeman, the webfoot cocklewomen and the tidy wives. Young girls lie bedded soft or glide in their dreams, with rings and trousseaux, bridesmaided by glow-worms down the aisles of the organplaying wood. The boys are dreaming wicked or of the bucking ranches of the night and the jollyrogered sea. And the anthracite statues of the horses sleep in the fields, and the cows in the byres, and the dogs in the wet-nosed yards; and the cats nap in the slant corners or lope sly, streaking and needling, on the one cloud of the roofs.

You can hear the dew falling, and the hushed town breathing.

Only your eyes are unclosed to see the black and folded town fast, and slow, asleep.

And you alone can hear the invisible starfall, the darkest-before- dawn minutely dewgrazed stir of the black, dab-filled sea where the Arethusa, the Curlew and the Skylark, Zanzibar, Rhiannon, the Rover, the Cormorant, and the Star of Wales tilt and ride.

Listen. It is night moving in the streets, the processional salt slow musical wind in Coronation Street and Cockle Row, it is the grass growing on Llareggub Hill, dewfall, starfall, the sleep of birds in Milk Wood.

Listen. It is night in the chill, squat chapel, hymning in bonnet and brooch and bombazine black, butterfly choker and bootlace bow, coughing like nannygoats, suckling mintoes, fortywinking hallelujah; night in the four-ale, quiet as a domino; in Ocky Milkman's lofts like a mouse with gloves; in Dai Bread's bakery flying like black flour. It is to-night in Donkey Street, trotting silent, with seaweed on its hooves, along the cockled cobbles, past curtained fernpot, text and trinket, harmonium, holy dresser, watercolours done by hand, china dog and rosy tin teacaddy. It is night neddying among the snuggeries of babies."

>> No.18667410

>>18663047
t. incel

>> No.18667496

the best female author is Flannery O Connor

>> No.18667623
File: 16 KB, 300x300, 300x300_000_app2001062062700.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> best french writer of the second part of the 20th century (along with Blanchot)
> one of the best filmmaker of all time
My literal face when

>> No.18667862
File: 35 KB, 411x471, photopepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18664875
read moar

>> No.18668499

>>18664194
Simply epic.

>> No.18668520

>>18664791
Extremely cope and incel post

>> No.18668543

>>18664791
>>Sappho
>Bruh. No.

Sappho is great: cool, evocative fragments that are fun to read. Maybe you’re just a chud.

>> No.18668558

>>18664476
>>French
>de Beauvoir
>Sand

Also Colette and Francoise Sagan

>> No.18668611

>>18664203
I don’t even say women as a whole can’t write, but it’s telling the female authors that get shilled are often shit, I never hear anyone shill Mary Sidney, I never hear Katherine Phillips nor Gaspara Stampa, it’s not a big deal that people don’t know about foreign female writers but there are European female writers of value ignored for the likes of Plath, Dickinson and Woolf, none of them have even a quarter of the skill of Mary Sidney.

>> No.18668638

>>18668543
There’s literally not enough of Sappho to really judge her quality, I am immediately suspect of anyone who claims her a favorite, what we do have is not anywhere near the Orphic hymns for example, no reason to bring up latter Roman and Greek Poets, we simply don’t have enough to judge her, and she’s often grabbed by people who either want to go on the ancient bandwagon or just shill a woman. Again there’s plenty of good female authors, why are you reading something that hardly exists and lifting that up as the best?

>> No.18668683

>>18668611
you are surprised no one talks about mary sidney? no one even talks about fucking philip sidney, what do you expect? a female author i would like to see more discussion on is stein or eliot.

>> No.18668726

>>18668683
It’s not surprising so much as telling, a lot of people enjoy hopping on their bandwagons and on what amounts to pop-intellectual pieces, I’d say the furthest people seem to go is Brontë and even then, there’s popular sentiments shilling it.

Ultimately I don’t think it’s an edgy opinion to say that on average there’s higher quality male than female writers and that the common popular female writers shilled here aren’t that good.

>> No.18668808

>>18664120
One of the most recognized profiles of any writer of all time my nuts are busting through the pants just looking at her. For a few moments, I imagine fucking one of the greatest essayists of the 20th century.

>> No.18668840

>>18668808
>Greatest essayist
That's DFW. Sorry

>> No.18668882

>>18668840
De Quincey and Charles lamb are both better.

>> No.18668885

>>18663047
Dickinson would've been a far better picture.

>> No.18669286

>>18663057
>Victorian
So you have no idea what you’re talking about, good to know.

>> No.18669311

>>18668882
Pearls before swine, Frater.

>> No.18669420

>>18663047
& Djuna Barnes

>> No.18669450

>>18667623
>best french writer of the second part of the 20th century (along with Blanchot)
Termine ton bachot lel.

>> No.18669480

>>18663047
My favorite way to piss off insufferable Joyce-fags is to claim Woolf is the superior modernist, always gives them spastic aneurysms.

By the way, Woolf is superior to Joyce on every parameter.

>> No.18669484

>>18669480
KEK I'm going to study her shit now.

>> No.18669524
File: 217 KB, 828x1100, 7C37FF82-93D5-464F-B936-CF2595FAAFC2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18669480
I’m not a joyce-fag, I’m actually in the minority that thinks his verse is better than his prose, I would say these poems of his are genuinely Good.

>> No.18669530

>>18664030
>one is not born, but rather becomes, a woman
Ywnbaw

>> No.18669549

>>18663047
She would have been a FtM troon had she been alive today. Orlando is pretty much a tranny fantasy.

>> No.18669550

>>18664875
Thats what patriarchy does to women

>> No.18669578

>>18669480
>By the way, Woolf is superior to Joyce on every parameter.
And Musil shits on both of them.

>> No.18669597

>>18669480
Okay you sold me on woolf. Im gonna read her, and i barely read anymore desu

>> No.18669616
File: 19 KB, 460x276, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Proust so titillates my own desire for expression that I can hardly set out the sentence. Oh if I could write like that! I cry. And at the moment such is the astonishing vibration and saturation and intensification that he procures—there’s something sexual in it—that I feel I can write like that, and seize my pen and then I can’t write like that. Scarcely anyone so stimulates the nerves of language in me: it becomes an obsession. But I must return to Swann.
>My great adventure is really Proust. Well—what remains to be written after that? I’m only in the first volume, and there are, I suppose, faults to be found, but I am in a state of amazement; as if a miracle were being done before my eyes. How, at last, has someone solidified what has always escaped—and made it too into this beautiful and perfectly enduring substance? One has to put the book down and gasp. The pleasure becomes physical—like sun and wine and grapes and perfect serenity and intense vitality combined.
>Jacques Raverat...sent me a letter about Mrs Dalloway which gave me one of the happiest moments days of my life. I wonder if this time I have achieved something? Well, nothing anyhow compared with Proust, in whom I am embedded now. The thing about Proust is his combination of the utmost sensibility with the utmost tenacity. He searches out these butterfly shades to the last grain. He is as tough as catgut & as evanescent as a butterfly's bloom. And he will I suppose both influence me & make out of temper with every sentence of my own.

she was a discount Proust who wrote in discount French

>> No.18669638

>>18669578
>>18669480
All you gotta do to see seething is say you, as a whole, think modernism is shit and then explain how you aren’t against contemporary lit, specifically just modernism.

>> No.18670043

>>18669450
Si pas Duras et Blanchot, alors qui ?
Michaux à la limite, ou Gracq, mais sinon je ne vois pas.

>> No.18670136

>>18663047
Those myths were already retroactively crushed by Sappho before they even emerged

>> No.18670245
File: 1.15 MB, 1344x1690, George_Eliot,_por_François_D&#039;Albert_Durade.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

*blocks you're path*

>> No.18670257

>>18670245
Yes, I'm Jesus. And that would be Satan.

>> No.18670271

>>18663047
This woman was essentially attractive up to this point, then she aged like rotten milk.

>> No.18670293

>>18670271
She just found an instragram angle for this specific portrait. In any other, you'll see her inbred chin and nose in all its glory.

>> No.18670326

>>18670293
She looks ok. What are you talking about? She isn't wearing any makeup on most of her photos.

>> No.18670357
File: 13 KB, 473x217, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18670326
You are simping over the wrong sister

>> No.18670448

>Michaux
>Français
Oui, mais non. Queneau, Bousquet, Simon. Blanchot est à peine un artiste.

>> No.18670461

>>18670448
>>18670043
Oops. *Sans oublier Manciet.

>> No.18670462
File: 287 KB, 831x1008, Ayn_Rand_(1943_Talbot_portrait).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18663047
OP here, wrong pic.

>> No.18670465
File: 54 KB, 980x578, 47YLWSKM7SUMHJLPAAASMZA4DA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18670357
This one, isn't she? She looks ok, anon. She is not some super model, but there is nothing wrong with that, she is a fucking writer.

>> No.18670481
File: 79 KB, 976x735, _98512025_65f2bf54-f908-4cce-b55e-05cae35bc22f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18663047
this is the only female author I have ever (or will ever) read

>> No.18670485

>>18670465
tru, stacies don't write

>> No.18670488

>>18663047
jane austen did it a century earlier

>> No.18670494

>>18664072
Replying out of Orcish rebellious spirit

>> No.18670499

>>18670485
She could totally pass as a super model on instagram considering the resources people have nowadays.

>> No.18670506

Murasaki and Von Bingen alone are better than 99% of men

>> No.18670526
File: 387 KB, 640x480, 1613352514788.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18670506
>Von Bingen
is this her?

>> No.18671035
File: 312 KB, 1200x1200, st-hildegard-of-bingen-medieval-superwoman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18670526