[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 167 KB, 1200x1200, Norwegian.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18634010 No.18634010 [Reply] [Original]

What is your general attitude towards life, and did any books help shape that perspective?

I have always felt great admiration towards men who view life as a kind of joke and take hardships (lack of money, unemployment, low status, deprivation, etc) as a small, temporary problem that will work itself out and have essentially established a personality that will not give way to the demands of normal society. Personally, my attitude towards life has been that of a pathetic little man, defined by fear, paranoia, anxiety, often resentment, immense pressure to "succeed" in conventional terms, a tendency to compare myself to others and judge myself to be lacking, outward emotional coldness (but internal emotional mania), feelings of inadequacy, and in general a sense that life is this dull, rigid, largely tedious experience in which the best I can hope for (like a child begging for attention or food) is a small, anonymous, pointless job in order to scrape by, loathed by myself and almost welcoming the loathing of others for being and living this way.

>> No.18634024

There is no such thing as fate, no magic moments, no meant to bes. Life is unfair, and the world is not just.

>> No.18634174

>>18634024
People used to call that Fate. You trained for 6 months and you had a great gameplay but 5 minutes into the fight you break your ankle.

>>18634010
Read Illusions : The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah, as the problems of the narrator are quite similar to yours.