[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 58 KB, 400x609, Jacket_AndThenThereWereNoneUS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.18597597 [Reply] [Original]

Is it just me or is there a glaring plot hole near the end of this novel.

Spoilers below.

>Vera, Lombard and Blore are the last 3 alive.
>They believe the now dead Armstrong was the killer
>Vera doesn't want to go back inside the house
>Blore goes inside leaving Lombard and Vera alone
>he is taking a long time so they both head towards the house to find him
>they find him dead after the bear clock fell on him

At which point they then immediately turn on each other accusing the other of having somehow arranged the death of Blore and Vera shoots Lombard.

What the fuck? That makes no sense. The obvious explanation would be that there is someone else alive on the island. It ruined the entire end of the novel for me.

>> No.18599056

>>18597597
The clock falling could be a rigged trap and they're sure there's no-one else alive so it's the only explanation. The whole thing is stupid, like all AC. You have to accept the premise at the start when they search the island that there's no-one else there. "MR OWEN IS ONE OF US..." But clearly this is bollocks from the start. You could never be that sure. You don't know the island. Someone could easily have built a hiding-place.

>> No.18599329
File: 14 KB, 200x295, 6F3967F6-92C4-43DE-BBC7-76B1F3ECF9E3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

I refuse to read And Then There Were None because of the blatant white washing

>> No.18599436

>>18599056
>You don't know the island. Someone could easily have built a hiding-place.
Wasn't the entirety of NIGGER Island pretty small? Just a house.

>> No.18599459

>>18599436
No, that's Clue