[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 317 KB, 796x712, 1510397640030.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.18596879 [Reply] [Original]

>Night came too early. Darkness appeared from nowhere, covered the surroundings with a black cloak, painted the contours with darkness, and squeezed itself between the trees with ebony ink. Like a mad painter, it erased the picture created by the day, coloring it in one, only one dark, uniform impenetrable color. Night. And silence. As if the whole village had suddenly died out. The houses plunged into darkness at the gates of the forest, covered by the cloak of night, seemed to be deserted. No light was burning in any window, not even the smallest candle illuminated the darkness. And no sound interrupted it. It seemed as if the whole village suddenly held its breath, or perhaps even lost it completely. So deep was the silence. There was no conversation, not even a trembling heartbeat. The whole village was silent. The whole village... In one of the houses on the outskirts of the village, someone slightly opened the door

OK bro I understand, it was fucking dark and quiet. Why write like this? I don't get it. Am I retarded or is the author retarded?

>> No.18596911

>>18596879
It's creating an atmosphere. Just writing
>It was an unusually dark and quiet night.
doesn't have the same effect. They both have their place, but if you don't get why someone would "write like this," maybe books aren't your thing

>> No.18597081

>>18596911
I see, so this is peak literature
I kneel

>> No.18598077

>>18596879
The author is definitely retarded, you are probably also retarded.
>and squeezed itself between the trees with ebony ink
Cringe.

>> No.18599105

>>18598077
Why am I retarded?