[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 239 KB, 1400x2101, meh.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.18595659 [Reply] [Original]

>talking dog
>severed ear
>machine duck
I'm halfway thought it and those were the only interesting parts. Is there anything else or can I already consider myself filtered?

>> No.18595675

>>18595659
Yeah, filtered. How could you not love the clocks discussing the ocean? I think this board over rates M&D, but it is quite good. Put it down for now and revisit it down the road.

>> No.18595694

This is the most heart warming Pynchon imho. You're probably not ready for it. Read some "easier" Literature before and come back later. M&D is a very powerful and beautiful novel. It's sad that you're not getting it. But don't give up, anon.

>> No.18595721

>>18595694
>>18595675
Thanks for the replies. Should I try Bleeding Edge? I've read colt49 and finished it just because it was short - it didn't seen to go anywhere and I couldn't grasp the feeling of paranoia everybody talks about. I liked M&D more, but I guess it's too much for me. Bleeding Edge seems to be easier since the references are contemporary.