[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 40 KB, 394x600, inherent-vice_cover-final2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1853832 No.1853832 [Reply] [Original]

Hello /lit/
would you recommend this book?

>> No.1853836

fuck yes, highly enjoyable, perfect summer read

Read it stoned if you can.

>> No.1853838

Not over his other works, no. That's Pynchon-lite. You may want to use it as an easy introduction, but his other books are far more "thick" than that one, so don't be mislead that the rest of his work is going to be quite like that one. I think it's pretty decent, evaluating it by its own merits.

>> No.1853848

>>1853838
It's a beach read. That's the point.

Read it, OP. It'll take you maybe 2 days tops. It's a fun read and you won't want to kill yourself trying to parse it. Just enjoy it, laugh and be happy that Pynchon is doing something different.

I read in some article that Pynchon had told someone (this was in the 70's or so) that he would end up writing "normal" novels. I guess this is it and quite frankly I would not mind more like this.

>> No.1853853

Yes, I thought this was "lighter" than his previous stuff. I actually wanted to use it as an introduction.
I was asking because there really are a fuckton of books I should be reading and the only edition of this in my country is 20 euros.
I figure I'll take it, thanks guys.