[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.24 MB, 720x962, Julius Sneedvola.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18510451 No.18510451[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>> No.18510457
File: 1.59 MB, 1834x2453, SNEED.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18510451
Based

>> No.18510462
File: 39 KB, 325x325, 1WRTr8U8_400x400.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18510451
SNEED AGAINST TIME, SLAY ANPRIM COOCH

>> No.18510476
File: 44 KB, 400x400, mmlzqn0pd08owc3wkywg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It has for years excited the curiosity of the publick, to inquire as to the reason for why the janitor does it for free, a question that is equally popular amongst todays philosophers. There has been a common supposition, towards the janitor believing that he may eventually be paid for his efforts, but, considering the principles I have previously proved, this is a mere sophistry. For, according to the three primary faculties of reasoning, that of resemblance, contiguity, and causation, it is impossible the jannie should find himself under this impression. There is nothing the jannie knows that bears resemblance to money, nor anything found in his life which may have excited his senses with the impression of money, and as such he has never experienced a connexion of any sort, be it of constant relation or tradition, between himself and payment. The objection may be made, that the janitor is incapable of human reason, or that he may actually be inhuman himself, and while I must confess it an impossibility to disprove this objection, I find myself in want of a more satisfactory answer. To pursue this may be in err, an act of pure foolishness informed by a lively and untamed chimera, but as has been previously made evident, all philosophy must never ignore human nature, lest you should find yourself mired in pure skepticism, in which truth cannot be found. I believe an explanation exists within the boundaries of human understanding established thus far, which will shew the reasoning behind the janitor’s mad behavior, which is that his work, by a pathology foreign to most men, excites the passion of pride, and it is this hypothesis I will venture to prove.

>> No.18510480
File: 33 KB, 600x605, e40.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18510476
As I have made clear, there is nothing within human understanding that fancies to convince the janitor of any fictions of payment for him. It seems apparent that money as his motivation is an impossibility, and that he instead spends his days cleaning an anonymous image board, fruitlessly banning baneposters and sneedbros alike, enforcing rules and drawing contempt from anons, driven by a more lively persuasion, that being pride and the pleasure inherent to it. Now the question to answer, is why anyone would receive pride from hatred, from acting as, what none will contest is, a complete faggot. The answer, though difficult to grasp by both the vulgar and the more sensible among us, is simple, despite its obscurity. The janny, due to the imperfections of the faculty of human understanding, fancies a connexion betwixt himself and the board which he cleans. As has been established, pride arrises from a like relation between the object of the passion and the person, and within that object, the specific quality and the subject. It is understood that the more distant the relation between the object and the person, the lesser the intensity of pride is felt. If the janitor, who spends all his life monitoring 4chan, feels pride towards the website, it follows that his pride should be of great intensity, and, following that the jannie imagines such a strong connexion between himself and the website, it thus is reasonable that thoughts of himself and of 4chan, pass so smoothly from one to another, that no distinction in his mind is recognized betwixt the two.

>> No.18510491
File: 46 KB, 500x504, 5f0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18510480
This, of course, is in error, for to all other than the vulgar it is apparent, that the jannie is not an extension of 4chan, but finds himself an agent of Reddit. All pride that the janitor feels towards the board is not a result of him, but in spite of his faggotry. There is no necessary connexion between the quality of 4chan and the janitors, this I shall make effort prove quickly so not to spend more time on the matter. All faculties of reason shew that it is the anons who are responsible for 4chan culture. There has never been an interval where 4chan found in itself a complete lack of anons, thus satisfying both causation and contiguity, and as the boards are themselves construct of posts made by anons, affirming its resemblance to any honest logician. The jannies, who do not post, or If they do they surely get no (you)s and thus have not a lasting impact, and who instead act in opposition and remove posts cannot, by reason, find their resemblance reflected in the culture of the board. Furthermore, while there have been no intervals where 4chan was without anons, there have been a multitude of intervals, some of considerable duration, where the janitors have not been present, in which the website remained largely unchanged, and any drops in quality were of no significance, if not a matter of personal taste. Without these faculties, there can be nothing of consideration that can prove, that the janitors are the cause of the boards quality, beyond supposed tradition, which I have time again proved can offer no certainty to any matter alone. Furthermore, the presence of off topic threads, shitposts, or other posts of their kind has been seen to have a positive response from anons. For, when the frogposter opens a racebait thread and sees upon first post the word “sneed”, his senses are delighted, and his humors and passions are enlivened, resulting in laughter, or a desire to contribute to the thread. Contrarily, when he receives a four day ban, he feels little more than slight annoyance at having to change the location on his VPN. There can be no doubt that a relationship between the janitor and the board of 4chan he cleans cannot be proved, and should anyone be unconvinced of this reasoning, they can know with certainty that the connexion can only be of a negative nature.

>> No.18510508

>>18510476
Didn't read. Spamming #trad is not a tradition.

>> No.18510520
File: 102 KB, 1542x1184, 747.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18510508
>Didn't read. Spamming #trad is not a tradition.

>> No.18510602

New Janny is a fucking zoomer. I call for a coup

>> No.18510626

>>18510451
holy based

>> No.18510660

>>18510508
>LEARNTOSNEED

>> No.18510666
File: 35 KB, 390x260, bump.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18510602
Is he a faggot?