[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 209 KB, 670x870, karl-lagerfeld.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1842631 No.1842631 [Reply] [Original]

do you think drugs can be helpful for writeing? i mean the actual process of writing while under the influence of a substance, or editing, not writing about the experience? what drugs do you take? any?

someone told me to take K-pins for writing? good advice?

>> No.1842633 [DELETED] 

>drugs helpful
1/10. the pic was ok.

>> No.1842637

http://www.viceland.com/int/v18n6/htdocs/relationship-story.php?page=1

this is why you don't write while using drugs

>> No.1842644

>>1842631
If you're a drug user, then drugs will be helpful for writing. If you're not, then they probably won't be.

I personally write best when I'm high; can't write at all when I'm tripping; and just don't feel like writing when I'm rolling.

>> No.1842650

>>1842631
Write drunk, or high (but not on pot, fuck pot heads); edit sober/straight.

>> No.1842654

Well. yes, and no. I've been addicted to benzos, and alcohol for a few years now. It has helped me, and hindered me in many ways.

>> No.1842655

>>1842650
>>1842650
Yeah, nothing more annoying than fucking potheads.

>> No.1842666

>>>/b/

>> No.1842679

about a week ago someone on here wrote a short story on acid
it wasn't amazing, but when I attempted to write a story under the same time constraints, I was unable to write a story of greater quality

so yeah, some people can
but I have enough trouble writing sober

>> No.1842686

>>1842679
That's sort of what OP is getting at, I think. Kpins remove your inhibition. I wouldn't start taking drugs for the sake of writing.
Kpins won't make you a genius, but they should help to quiet your inner critic.

>> No.1842695

Write on stims
Edit while sober

>> No.1842701

My best writing comes when Im high, weed works great for me, I wouldn´t even dar to write on acid (when Im on acid I forget what things are and what are they for) But I dont know I have written sober in work and I like the results. I think it´s not about being high or not.
I write better when I´m excited about writing.... and weed helps with that

>> No.1842757

Pot typically helps me gain a lot of new insights and perspectives when I'm with people. I think it helps me make better characters (albeit I usually end up picking up on only the irritating qualities of people).

I write sober, and then I look at it again while I'm high, and suddenly the flaws coming flying out at me and I revise it into a masterpiece.