[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 12 KB, 400x200, BE straight jacket woman DP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18394072 No.18394072[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I have been in a mental institution since May of last year, I was recently released because my legal challenge finally fucking had its day in court. They do actually allow the news to be on normally on the ward, but they cut it off not long after I arrived because it was making people, especially the schizos, very uncomfortable. No visitors were allowed due to COVID, etc.

Is there a book, magazine article, or hell a website that gives a good rundown of the last year or so from an unbiased perspective. I feel like a retard talking to people and also people seem super unhinged about politics at the moment and I want to understand where that's coming from. Obviously I was around for the beginning of the pandemic so I don't need a complete rundown.

>> No.18394081
File: 383 KB, 592x552, 1602725501908.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18394072
>an unbiased perspective
Fucking retard, go back to the ward, /pol/ or reddit.

>> No.18394134

Why were you interned, can you tell us more? Hope you can adjust back quickly

>> No.18394137

>>18394072
On the bus I met someone who had just gotten out of prison for like ten years and didn't know what a smartphone was. Had a hell of a time showing her.

>> No.18394149

Things happen.
Things always happen.
To be honest, I would reccomend suicide
God bless, my friend.

>> No.18394154
File: 25 KB, 480x442, 1616684526581.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>there are literal actual schizos giving you advice on this Argentinian aerospace enthusiast webforum
El oh el

>> No.18394159

>>18394072
I don't think so, everything is topical. Just ask a friend if there's anything important but it's mainly same as you expect.
Recently israel attacked palestine and that was kinda trolly. I think but am not sure that that may have had a subtle impact on things or brought things out because it seemed left was more critical of israel.

Other than that criticism of biden as a president is rudimentary and a bit unimpressive or maybe I'm just used to the last 3 presidents.
Putin said nazis were bad on may day. Whether that has significance or not I'm not sure, it was a short news cycle.
There hasn't been school shootings or race riots. I think there was a brief one in minnesota over a cop killing but he was found guilty.

To be honest idpol doesn't seem that big. I think you saw a protest movement start when you left or it started right after but it was small.

Trump's protesters attacked the capitol. It was really dumb mostly but had some bad elements. It was something to overreact to to be safe for the senators.

The election polls were worse this time than last with a huge blue wave looking foolishly predicted but a runoff barely gave democrats the 50 it needed with kamala being the split vote.
Yang is running for mayor of nyc or governor of ny.
I think we're fully pulling out of afghanistan now.
Covid is letting up, we all got a lot of stimulus checks so see if you can grab them. They're 1400 each and there are 3 of them.

If you're into cryptos, tesla bought a ton of btc qnd the price rose intensly. Nft's had a huge run but has mellowed.

No real new big memes but that's been like that for years.

Some authors died idr who.

There's a internet stimulus happening for phone companies and internet providers so check if you can get a free month or two.

Elons space company landed his next gen spaceship finally after 3 or 4 failed attempts and it looks like the military will use that for faster transportation later. I think mars landing is still on schedule.

Nothing about his neuralink is new.

A lot of nothing desu if i remember I'll type later.

>> No.18394189

>>18394072
Go to /x/ it would suit you.

>t. /x/ user

>> No.18394192

>>18394134
I attempted suicide, as one does, and the EMTs were accompanied by police. This was in my residence, and they found a certain manuscript I was editing for a friend. It was just a printed off word doc though, not anything that necessarily looked like a professional manuscript. My friend fancies himself a horror novelist and is pretty edgy dickwad (he is also probably reading this--fuck you btw) and apparently there was an adjudication based on 'my' writing that I had violent fantasies and was a threat to the public. My release was a fait acompli but heavily delayed by COVID as they needed to have an official from the DFS interview me and they were not conducting interviews for the duration of the virus. A lot of people were stranded in wards, halfway houses, etc. and I think this will be a local scandal as more become aware.

>> No.18394196

just go on the wikipedia page for 2020 and 2021

>> No.18394205

>>18394072
>>18394159
Also china had a fast recovery of covid and their economy is doing really good.

The unemployment checks may have been too long and there may be a hiring issue but I haven't looked at data, only seen biased posts.

>> No.18394216

>>18394072
>Is there a book, magazine article, or hell a website that gives a good rundown of the last year or so
Eh, it has been boring and uneventful
Don’t bother

>> No.18394222

>>18394072
Here is the quick rundown: nothing has happened. And I don't just mean it in the sense of 'nothing ever happens' but nothing has happened, seriously. Everything is just a continuation of before. Covid especially has frozen many of my contemporary's lives so as that basically nothing of interest has occured. Hope you are well anon.

>> No.18394225

>>18394159
>To be honest idpol doesn't seem that big. I think you saw a protest movement start when you left or it started right after but it was small.
What are you on, BLM was the largest wave of civil unrest in the country since the 1970s.