[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 27 KB, 213x320, Momo.bk.cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1826285 No.1826285 [Reply] [Original]

Good evening /lit/!
I am not much of a reader, thus I do not come here often; this is actually my first time visiting this place other than just accidentally clicking the link on the top of the page.

So recently my life has gotten pretty boring, I mostly sit around at home and listening to music during the day and then later maybe meet up with my friends or stay at home even more.
I've come to enjoy being by myself more than before because not all my friends share the same interests or taste in music with me. But the problem is, I have nothing to do, it's just the same old routine all day, and it's making me feel bad because I'm not getting anything out of all my spare time.

So I've figured that I should try some reading, because I love a good story and imagining/painting up characters and environments.

This is where you guys come in! I'm in need of some recommendations for some good literature.

Some movies I really enjoy are Into The Wild because it's really powerful. But at the moment I really enjoy psychological horrors/thrillers, like The Mist (the concept, the execution of the movie was just meh), Persona by Ingmar Bergman, and the movie Hipnos/Hypnosis (fairly unknown I believe, spanish).
I really like the book in the picture too, I read it this summer and it really made me think. If you have anything similar to that book I would be grateful.

tl;dr: I need some psychological (horror/thriller?) books, and books similar to Momo/The Men in Gray.

Thank you guys for helping out!

>> No.1826338

Bumping, I'm in need of some advice here!

>> No.1826348

Try "You're All Alone" by Fritz Leiber.

>> No.1827271

Erm, bumping again.
Thanks for the advice, I'll check it out!

>> No.1827705

Why is nobody willing to help me out?

>> No.1827723

You'll love Catcher in the Rye.

>> No.1827732

>>1827705
>I need some psychological (horror/thriller?) books, and books similar to Momo/The Men in Gray
I haven't heard of the books which you've mentioned and I'm pretty sure I don't read "psychological horror/thriller books"

also the bullshit about your personal life made me not like you

>> No.1827743
File: 7 KB, 198x212, 1306525500867.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1826285

Well in that case, like anon said before: Catcher In The Rye. The Pop Art Version of it is "Less Than Zero" from Bret Easton Ellis.

Also (psychological thriller) Fight Club from Chuck Palahniuk is a good decision. Its quite different from the film, but in my opinion way better.

I hope is helps