[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 20 KB, 600x586, XAPP-1273516872-Solar-Flare-and-Prominence.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1820664 No.1820664 [Reply] [Original]

And all nooks, kindles and other handhells are rendered useless. How will you laugh? I plan to either laugh immoderately, an evil cackle or just smugly glare at the fools who bought an e-reader to begin with and laugh on the inside.

>> No.1820684

Don't forget computers, in-flight computers, guidance systems, The Football, television, fire alarms, burglur alarms, radios, cell phones, etc...

>> No.1820688

Should a solar flare affect earth and render all electronics useless, the usefulness of my kindle will be just as important as the size of your book collection, because neither will help you survive, and you aren't going to carry either of them with you.

>> No.1820693

Yeah if that happens I'll be glad I keep mine very well grounded at all times.

Posting from my Kindle.

>> No.1820710

Solar flares happen all the time?

>The frequency of occurrence of solar flares varies, from several per day when the Sun is particularly "active" to less than one every week when the Sun is "quiet", following the 11-year cycle (the solar cycle). Large flares are less frequent than smaller ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_flare

BRB reading a science book on my Kindle (which I recommend to you)

>> No.1820716

>>1820688
>the size of your book collection, because neither will help you survive

except for all those medical reference texts I've got...that will still be "accessible"

>> No.1820742

i'll be walking out of the barnes and noble i take all my public shits in and after i check my iphone (loaded w/kindle and ibook apps) to see why it stopped playing the ke$ha remix album i'll look back at the guy working the nook kiosk and say "it finally happened." "we should have known this day would come," he'll respond, voice wavering. "we should have listened to Adolf_Hipster of Neo Germany." and i'll snicker bitterly and he'll burst into tears standing inside his little bullshit lemonade stand and then i'll bike to my parents' house and masturbate to inappropriately sexual superhero comics like i did in eighth grade