[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 28 KB, 314x475, darktower.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1812546 No.1812546 [Reply] [Original]

The only good book in the Dark Tower series

just try to prove me wrong

>> No.1812552

see? you can't.

>> No.1812565

is it art?

>> No.1812569

>>1812546

The Gunslinger was so slow and uneventful, it was pretty bad. Occasional enjoyable section though, especially Part 5.

>> No.1812572

Op is a fag for trying to disagree with the masses

>> No.1812576

I read the Gunslinger on advice from /lit/. And I thought it was awful. It was slow, vague, and felt like it was written by a child. It made me not want to read the rest of the series.

>> No.1812582

>implying anything ever written by Stephen King is not objectively terrible

>> No.1812603

The first and the last book of the series are the best ones. Overall, it's an entertaining if not all that great series. Still, amongst the best things King has ever written (and that I've read: mildly interested in, what's it called, Lisley's Story)

>> No.1812605

>>1812569

Better than the rest of the series, which was all about giant lobsters, a robot bear, completely random and unnecessary Harry Potter references, a black woman in a wheelchair screaming "honky!" every sentence, and a guy with bags of heroin stashed up his ass who ends up in a naked gunfight against a bunch of gangsters in a hotel lobby.

That shit is seriously fucking absurd. It wasn't meant to be, but it's so silly I just couldn't take the characters or dialogue or anything in it seriously.

>> No.1812622

I like the Dark Tower series. Best part of The Gunslinger is when he kills everyone in the town. So fn epic.

>> No.1814644

>>1812605
>Better than the rest of the series, which was all about giant lobsters, a robot bear, completely random and unnecessary Harry Potter references, a black woman in a wheelchair screaming "honky!" every sentence, and a guy with bags of heroin stashed up his ass who ends up in a naked gunfight against a bunch of gangsters in a hotel lobby.
So you only read book 1 and 2?

>> No.1814741

>>1814644
lol
as if the rest of the series isn't as fucked up as well
wolves and retards? not exactly compelling fantasy

>> No.1814756

>>1814644
robot bear was book 3, and you missed the scooby doo references in it bro, and for that i am disappoint. personally i felt it needed some kind of super saiyan bad guy, more wicked witches, randall flagg was a wuss in it. and it needed HAWK MOTHERFUCKING LAUDER to pop out somewhere and stomp faggs ass. maybe while riding cujo, or riding around in christine.

>> No.1814811

>>1814644
>a guy with bags of heroin stashed up his ass who ends up in a naked gunfight against a bunch of gangsters in a hotel lobby.

that actually happened in a Italian restaurant.

once Oy the billy bumbler joined up it became one long scooby doo joke. and a goddamned talking train? a mentally insane talking train? seriously? the whole series was pretty fun though in a grimdark sad miserable sort of way. it was like a rob zombie video in a book form.

>> No.1817122

>>1812572
I thought the masses agreed with this?

>> No.1817133

Wizard and Glass was pretty good, and a lot of cool stuff happened in the last book. Top three I guess.

>> No.1817149

>>1817122
The masses agreed that the first four were good and the rest not-so-good.

>> No.1817847

I'd say the first three books are good, but then it goes downhill. The fourth was meh and part five was alright. Then six was utter shit, still not sure how I managed that. It seemed to me that in part seven King just had to rush wrapping up everything as it was so much faster than the other parts.

On the whole I do like the series a lot, just part four and six annoyed me a bit.

Favourite book in the series is definitely The Gunslinger though.