[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 11 KB, 236x156, mugabeadvice.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18088269 No.18088269 [Reply] [Original]

How do you guys write down the random ideas you have during the day?

Personally, I carry a notepad and pen AT ALL TIMES so I can jot random ideas, characters or story lines down with ease. If I don't want to look like a sperg I might just put it on my phone but I really like the feeling of sitting on a bench or something and writing in my notepad. It's a good conversation starter so I sometimes meet interesting characters while doing it.

>> No.18088935

>>18088269
I do that. Have a couple small notebooks and a larger one. I put down information that's relevant to stories that I'm working on or anything else really. I'll do outlining and timelines for stories in there as well. If I'm working on a project on the computer, I'll sometimes also have another document that is primarily notes for a specific story and also includes some text that was revised in the main story draft.

>> No.18089146

>>18088269
If I think of something that demands dialogue I randomly message people I know on discord/telegram who might be interested in my whim and possibly respond to further flesh out the idea. Usually does not go beyond them replying "based" but at the very least I can just look back at the chat log and what I wrote.

>> No.18089411

>>18089146
That's a decent idea, I might try that. Thanks anon

>> No.18089479
File: 41 KB, 1172x298, discord discourse.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18089411
try not to bother people too much or they just start responding with based/ignoring the majority of your posts. Here's an example of a thought that occurred to me after recently reading brave new world