[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 122 KB, 620x877, 2b15914b05b1413263fa75360606da48e14265e34f7a4d0d3ff5e692e918889e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18064463 No.18064463 [Reply] [Original]

Books on finding masculinity in a feminine world.

A girl at the bar thought I was gay this weekend. I'm very much attracted to girls and was wearing normal white guy clothing (khakis, a long sleeve shirt, and Sperrys). I was the only guy in the house growing up and my extended family was very much matriarchal. I'm assuming this has something to do with it all.

As you can imagine while I don't have a problem with homosexuals this was very much a blow to my self-esteem, its a little different then being called weak, ugly, etc.

>> No.18064492

>>18064463
>vtuber thread

>> No.18064496

>>18064463
Just don't listen to mainstream media and stop being a faggot

>> No.18064510

>>18064463
>books

You won't find redemption there. Go to the gym, go outside and start camping or hunting. Do some actual manly shit. Grill some steaks and drink some beer. Basically, do some redneck shit.

>> No.18064514

>>18064463
lmao, faggot

>> No.18064528

>>18064463
>Books on finding masculinity in a feminine world.
>very much matriarchal.
The matriarchy is only as powerful as you let it be, just realize and i mean GENUINELY realize that you have superior, not just physical, but intellectual potential to the femorrhoids and phaggots
Read Jordan Peterson, the Adult ADHD Toolkit, and get in a fitness program or take testosterone and finasteride, with a side of minoxidil

>> No.18064531

>>18064463
>khakis
That's your problem right there.

Growing up in a more matriarchal household should actually help you with women. Women admire a man who has a good relationship with the women in his family, especially his mother.

>> No.18064552
File: 96 KB, 800x680, ER.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18064463
>Books on finding masculinity in a feminine world.

>> No.18064556

>>18064510
This is the fucking problem, I'm in shape and have been lifting since high school. I've been hunting and killing shit since college. I'm /fitlit/

I still have this sort of fear of women/sex/commitment. I'm mid-20s and have hit everything else on the manliness card except for women and the military. I just don't get it.

>> No.18064579

>>18064463
A few people have thought I was not straight because I don't flirt, they've thought I could be closet gay or more specifically ace. Not only was the only guy in my family, my family is all women and sexually conservative on top of that. If you grow up that way you might not come across as "masculine" to some people. Just roll with it. A lot of girls like guys they can see as cute or shy or whatever. As long as you don't have other faults like being irredeemably ugly or annoying.

>> No.18064596

>>18064556
Fear of women won't make them think you are gay. Do you have a high voice? Were you drinking some frufru ass daiquiri or something?

Also dating is literally a numbers game. Just keep at it. Fuck bitches who make your life hell, but just keep going. It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is the end result. Keep trying. If you actually make any success and fuck up kissing/fucking/ whatever, again it doesnt matter. Its just progress towards the end goal.

>> No.18064606

>>18064463
There is a very particular fat distribution that I associate with homosexuality:

>Fat ass
>Fat belly
>Thin arms and legs
>Soft facial features
>Usually slouched but discrete posture

The fat components are not obese nor barrel shaped, but rather like your skinny fat friend let himself go for a few months. Maybe the girl picked up on this. Can be fixed by a fair amount of hiking and lifting.

Now that I am thinking about it, your entire post is kinda gay.

On the other hand a /fit/ look (rightfully) sets of the gay alarm to. Psychoanalysis, making sure that everybody knows you don't hate gays, talking about your self esteem. Try fixing that by not doing it.

>Literature
I hate that this post gets more replies than Genji and Calvino threads combined

>> No.18064629

>>18064556
The military isn’t manly, forget it. As for women, they’re also not manly, go exert your dominance over another male as you pierce his asshole. Go gay king

>> No.18064633

>>18064579
>Not only was the only guy in my family, my family is all women and sexually conservative on top of that.

This is me in a nutshell. Thank you for the advice, I will just roll with it. I've been complemented on my appearance/physique plenty of times so I'm not worried about that.

Also my dancing is atrociously bad, there wouldn't happen to be any books about that?

>> No.18064644

>>18064596
I drink Jameson & Water, Guinness when its cold and whatever light beer they have on tap when its warm.

>> No.18064650

There are only 2 requirements for masculinity:
1) based caveman brain retardation
2) decisiveness
these are also the keys to happiness in life
stop thinking so much, start making decisions
be a retard, if you can't by choice then imbibe yourself with alcohol in moderation (preferrably beer or whiskey)
hesitation is the sign of an immasculated male, as is refusing to take stances
you can still be a /lit/ deep thinker ebin broodyboy at home, but if you want to be more of a man's man then heed my advice
though this isn't to say you can't still express a love of literature, just don't be a pussywhipped babyboy about it, deal out your stances on books when you want to but declare them confidently and concisely (don't run your mouth too much, being an attention-whore is a gay sign as well)

>> No.18064658

>>18064633
If you want to learn to dance just grind hardcore on bitches and grab some ass. Actually ignore all my advice and just go date men.

>> No.18064661

>>18064633
>Also my dancing is atrociously bad, there wouldn't happen to be any books about that?
Go to dance classes to learn how to dance formally, salsa, etc.. For common club dancing just do the typical lowkey dance to the beat, it’s not hard.

>> No.18064692

>Boat shoes

She's right, you are a faggot.

>> No.18064694

>>18064650
>2) decisiveness

You know, now that I think about it I'm constantly asking my sister and friends there opinions on things and how I should do things. Its rare I make an quick decision without hesitation (usually only when its a literal now or never moment). Every decision I'm constantly thinking it over like a chess player before I make it, I'm constantly acting like there's a science to everything and I'm going to figure it out.

I recently started meditation so hopefully this helps me act more and think less. Thanks anons, I think this might be the key.

Also the boat shoes belonged to my father mine had been ruined earlier that day due to an alligator incident.