[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 677 KB, 1206x1600, Marquis-de-Sade.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18011077 No.18011077 [Reply] [Original]

Have you read any of his works?

>> No.18011484

>>18011077
No but an anon posted some admirable (rough translation)excerpts.

>it’s a common policy for every state man to maintain between the citizens the highest degree of corruption; while the individual becomes gangrenous and weaker with the delights of debauchery, he won’t feel the burden of his chains, and he could be subdued without notice.
>Therefore, the true policy of the State is to multiplicate all possible means for the corruption of the individual. Plenty of spectacles, luxury, cabarets, whorehouses, a general amnesty for all crimes of debauchery; these are the means that will subdue you to men.
>O you who[tyrants] want to rule over them[masses]! fear virtue in your empires. Your people will be enlightened when she[virtue] reigns, and your thrones, which only lay on vice, soon will be overthrown: the awakening of the freeman will be cruel for despots, and, when vices no longer entertain their leisure, he[the masses] will desire to dominate as you do.

>> No.18011487

>>18011077
I haven't read a single book in my life

>> No.18011537
File: 79 KB, 720x960, Eyvt51ZU8AE8WC8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18011077
There's no point in reading him if you're not going to explore the real deal he was into, at the very least check out some vids of girls shitting themselves, so you know what kinds of feelings trail or follow his theories.

>> No.18012190 [DELETED] 

>>18011077

I read the intro and the (drafted) final three bits of 120 days of Sodom, skipping ahead to the good stuff. Enjoyable, I should read the simple pleasures sometime for further context, although I don't think anybody dies in that bit IIRC.

I like how he sets up all the pieces in a lovingly detailed initial condition and then just starts the machine going and allows it to unfold of itself. He also explicitly states that there's one child of each sex, each aged 12, 13, 14 and 15 when it all begins. The whole structure lends itself to banal permutations and combinations as the friends trade fuckers, children and storytellers in various arrangements. The banal permutations of the Chapman Brothers are retroactively to better appreciate the perversion, which is itself informed by the simple mathematical art of Sol LeWitt. Perfectly, there is a BOX SCORE at the very end, of exactly who lives and who dies. Perfect, objective, statistical capture of information. Just one weakling is allowed to live (one of the daughters), because she is corrupted. The unseen scullions are dragged in and killed at the very end, while the chefs are suffered to live on account of their skill. All this would make a great Euler diagram (distinguishing the named fuckers from the subaltern fuckers, and so forth), the various classes of person.

>> No.18012197

*raises hand*
*puckers anus*
*licks it up*
*poops some more*
*Heaves non-stop*
*blood comes out*
*smiles*
*KISSY WISSY*
*Mommy comes in*
*puts a finger in the bloody poopy*
*Makes brownie mix out of it*
*We eat it*
*KISSY WISSY*

>> No.18012206

>Me and my boy from high school in library
>Both get up from our desk same time to jerk it in the bathroom, after some good studying
>Boy gets to handicap stall first, so I have to go upstairs
>Boy Start jerking hard to Black Femdom
>Forgets to take off his pants and shits his pants
>Says uh oh
>Continues to shit his pants
>Finishes, Gets naked, takes a chicken over Rice out of his backpack and proceeds to eat it in the stall
>Starts jerking it again
>Wakes up the next working with his hand in the toilet. A tough day.
>Washes his face in the toilet, remembers he had extra gym clothes, changes and leaves
>Sees Me Walking outside
>Tough night huh,
>Yeah
>We go back to my place and fuck the rest of the day, and fall asleep in the same bed by mistake.
>He sneaks a kiss on the lips in.
>Holds it against me to this day.
>And we weren't even in Louis' apartment mommy

>> No.18012217
File: 92 KB, 950x1168, they still don't know where that one moors murder kid is buried, really.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18011077

I read the intro and the (drafted) final three bits of 120 days of Sodom, skipping ahead to the good stuff. Enjoyable, I should read the simple pleasures sometime for further context, although I don't think anybody dies in that bit IIRC.

I like how he sets up all the pieces in a lovingly detailed initial condition and then just starts the machine going and allows it to unfold of itself. He also explicitly states that there's one child of each sex, each aged 12, 13, 14 and 15 when it all begins. The whole structure lends itself to banal permutations and combinations as the friends trade fuckers, children and storytellers in various arrangements. The banal permutations of the Chapman Brothers are retroactively to better appreciate the perversion, which is itself informed by the simple mathematical art of Sol LeWitt. Perfectly, there is a BOX SCORE at the very end, of exactly who lives and who dies. Perfect, objective, statistical capture of information. Just one weakling is allowed to live (one of the daughters), because she is corrupted. The unseen scullions are dragged in and killed at the very end, while the chefs are suffered to live on account of their skill. All this would make a great Euler diagram (distinguishing the named fuckers from the subaltern fuckers, and so forth), the various classes of person.

>> No.18013798

>>18012217
Goodpost

>> No.18013934

>>18011077
only Dialogue Between a Priest and a Dying Man. It was about atheism, pretty good

>> No.18014994

yup

>> No.18015040

>>18013934
This is his worst and even Sade probably did not even care to finish it. Also if you think Sade is an atheist like you, you are wrong.

>> No.18015872

>>18015040
Ehh, it's one of his first works; but its rational atheism, gladly shed in his great works, is cringe, and is only redeemed by the concluding note.

>> No.18015987
File: 879 KB, 1248x540, Patrick-Bateman-O-Malley-Frames.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18011077
I read 120 Days and Juliette but I'm an unironic sadist who coomed multiple times to it. I'm actually curious what the appeal is for someone who doesn't get off to that shit. Is it interest in the mind of someone who does? Social commentary? Shock value?

>> No.18017175

>>18011077
What's his take on lolis?

>> No.18017181

>>18017175
You think you're being edgy but he writes about raping them in almost all of his books. Just read and find out.