[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 95 KB, 300x450, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17773831 No.17773831 [Reply] [Original]

I’ve been getting into reading recently and I wonder if this book is something that I’ll have trouble understanding, I finished Moby Dick a week ago and had trouble with some of the archaic words from time to time, especially in later chapters, so I had to look them up in a dictionary.

thoughts?

>> No.17773877

>>17773831
Yes. People whose native language is english didn't understand all the nature descriptions either.
I'm sure you'll do just fine. You don't need to be a master of the english language to figure out that this or that chapter describes a bunch of indians getting slaughtered to the last child and then lose their scalps.

>> No.17773891

No inglez - el nigga succon bollsacc udda juj after el sodomi

>> No.17773908

you can do anything you set your mind to man

>> No.17773997

>>17773908
Not really man, I’ll never get my crush to fall in love with me, and she’s the only one

>> No.17774199

>>17773831
well yeah if you didn't read that much as an ESL before, but honestly it's not that bad, certainly easier than Shakespeare

>> No.17774232

>>17773831
ah, blood meridian, monsieur? that novel is the sark and chaparral of literature, the filament whereon rode the remuda of highbrow, corraled out of some destitute hacienda upon the arroya, quirting and splurting with main and with pyrolatrous coagulate of lobated grandiloquence. our eyes rode over the pages, monsieur, of that slatribed azotea like argonauts of suttee, juzgados of swole, bights and systoles of walleyed and tyrolean and carbolic and tectite and scurvid and querent and creosote and scapular malpais and shellalagh. we scalped, monsieur, the gantlet of its esker and led our naked bodies into the rebozos of its mennonite and siliceous fauna, wallowing in the jasper and the carnelian like archimandrites, teamsters, combers of cassinette scoria, centroids of holothurian chancre, with pizzles of enfiladed indigo panic grass in the saltbush of our vigas, true commodores of the written page, rebuses, monsieur, we were the mygale spiders too and the devonian and debouched pulque that settled on the frizzen studebakers, listening the wolves howling in the desert while we saw the judge rise out of a thicket of corbelled arches, whinstone, cairn, cholla, lemurs, femurs, leantos, moonblanched nacre, uncottered fistulas of groaning osnaburg and kelp, isomers of fluepipe and halms awap of griddle, guisado, pelancillo.

>> No.17774312
File: 35 KB, 736x337, special - 1589568891511 - neville goddard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17773997
>Not really man, I’ll never get my crush to fall in love with me, and she’s the only one
Look up Neville Goddard and go to r/nevillegoddardsp

>> No.17774346

>>17773831
There are words you won't find in a dictionary.

>> No.17774738

>>17773831
No. I've been reading English for 20 years but have to google words I've never seen literally every page. Then there's also the lack of punctuation, spanish lines, colloquialisms, and deliberate run-on sentences to fuck you up. There's no real reason to put you through that pain

>> No.17775316

>>17773831
i hate this book