[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 90 KB, 1056x816, Save_the_Cat_Beat_Sheet_Example.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17730104 No.17730104 [Reply] [Original]

>> your ship arrives on mars and all dead comedians have been reincarnated here

We laughed, we cried, we sat in revelry all night long. Me and the comedians of mars. Imagine the BOMBEST standup comedy set that never happened, featuring all your favourite comedians. That's what it was like for me and my crew mates that first night on the planet.

Richard Pryor, John Belushi, Rodney Dangerfield. it was stand up set after stand up set. unlimited drinks and the atmosphere felt like a comedy club back home.

John Candy, one of the greatest comedic actors of all time, approached me late into the night, his gargantuan size still ever present.

"hey bud, it's time you met our leader".

"your leader? You mean, like... God?" I asked, unsure how all of this could be happening without some sort of deity making it possible.

"Well, I guess you could consider him a God around here, everyone here on mars sure does" he said, lighting up a cigar and laughing to himself knowingly.

"well sure thing John Candy, I loved you in Uncle buck by the way, great film!"

"Glad you liked it kid, one of Huey boy's best"

"oh, is John Hughes here too?" I asked, referring the director of the 1980's cult classic.

"oh no no no, he's a director, not a comedian. They go to Uranus".

He snaked me through a winding path in the mars comedy cabaret where me and my crew were staying that night. There was a flurry of people everywhere, great comedians from ages long past. We continued on, until we finally we reached some stairs that seemed to descend into the basement of the club. There we got to a solid gold door with the words "dear leader" emblazoned on it.

I opened the door and was surprised to find the leader of mars, seated behind a large mahogany table, was none other than the great Charlie Chaplin. "mr Chaplin, it's an honour to meet yo-"

"Whoa, slow down there kiddo. e doesn't speak English" John Candy interrupted. I turned to look at John, my brows furrowed in visible confusion.

"But Charlie Chaplin is one of the greatest American comedians of all time, how does he not know English?"

Candy started laughing and coughed some cigar smoke out of his fat mouth. "oh, this isn't Charlie, kiddo. You see, there musta been some confusion somewhere up in head office or something when they were sending all the comedians to Mars..." he explained.

My mouth opened wide as I finally understood what he meant. John saw the spark in my eyes and started clapping me on the back "do you speak German, kid?" he asked me in a shaky voice, tears now streaming down both our faces.

"you mean, it's h-him....it's really h-him" I asked John, as the man stood up from behind the desk and approached me.

Hitler took me in a warm embrace, and held me like a lost child who had finally found his way back home. I stood in his arms, never wanting to let go, feeling that If I did I might never see him again.

"Sir..." I said to the leader of Mars, "...we're taking you home".