[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 643 KB, 1022x731, 1614865432086.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17713314 No.17713314 [Reply] [Original]

It's getting to the point where I'm not even sure where I stand in the midst of these cringe culture wars. I think trans people must be pretty courageous for example, but having suffered identity issues myself, I worry we're just democratizing and solidifying mental illness. I don't mean that in a harsh way, I just worry that people are being sold down the river and it really saddens me.
The same could go for a lot of other things. This express racism I see on both sides makes me shrug a litlte bit and I just feel neutral about the whole thing.
I also feel afraid of actually saying that because I'll (quite rightly) be seen as a pussy by one side, and a stupid bigot by the other. I'm milquetoast but often because I'm not sure what is actually best for people and I don't profess to know. Someone asked me to use their new pronouns recently and while I did, I just felt a little scummy about the whole thing. Surely this many people can't be trans, surely it's just a huge fashion trend?
Are there any books for midwits like me struggling to find his feet? I don't want to be a pawn for either side to use and I surely don't want to be as ravenous as these dramatic idiots on both sides. That said, it would be nice to feel sure of an opinion from time to time.

What reading material led you to where you are on the political spectrum?

>> No.17713604

polite bump then I'll let it die

>> No.17713630

>>17713314
>politics
Spectacle for the goyim to play in and stay distracted. Nothing you think or do will ever matter, you don't get a say in it. Read Culture of Critique and Simulation & Simulacra instead.

>> No.17713732

>>17713630
I don't want to become an alien.

>> No.17714107
File: 22 KB, 257x387, war on normal people cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17713314
Take the Yang pill and then watch ContraPoints to understand trans people.

>> No.17714217

>>17714107
Isnt contrapoints cringe as fuck?

>> No.17714240

>>17714217
she has the most eloquent videos explaining trans issues to normies and Nazis
if you just want to say fuck trannies because you're a psychopath, just watch Ben Shapiro to be "based"

>> No.17714267

>>17713314
The Greeks

>> No.17714452

>>17714240
Pretty sure I laid out the fact that I'm worried for trans people because I'm not sure being born as the wrong gender is necessarily valid or proven

>> No.17714477

>>17714452
>>17714240
To fully explain my views - it seems extremely harmful that we're considering this as totally valid. Has there ever been actual solid prove that it's totally possible for someone to be the wrong gender and born in the wrong body? I understand the many many accounts of people who seemingly feel that way, but is it valid? Is it possible? Do we even know enough about the brain to say that's totally correct? And if it isn't, should I be penalised for not going along with the whims of another, just as they decide to enforce those whims on me? Is being trans even the healthiest way out of dysmorphia? I don't even know but the fact that these questions aren't posed is strange to me

>> No.17714515

>>17713314
You should really brush up on indigenous American thoughts/views because they have completely different concepts on culture, gender ect. The more I learn the more I understand everything that’s lead to the current political climate. It takes awhile but there’s lots of indigenous podcasts on history and culture you can look into. Start with pre-colonial history and culture then move to slavery and mixing with african slaves to understand culture and relations that came after that:
https://www.uib.no/sites/w3.uib.no/files/attachments/forbes_2-africans_and_native_americans.pdf

>> No.17714529

>>17714217
contrapoints is a bisexual transvestite who has spent so long medicating his depression with sexual hedonism, drugs, and too easily fitting in with normies who see him as the token freak and applaud him as a freak thought leader (a short term satisfying, but ultimately dead end source of gratification, that he's probably addicted to like cigarettes because there's nothing else), that he can't turn back and is stuck

he has to keep making videos for normies even while despising them and not getting much of an ego trip from it anymore. sex/drugs probably lost their lustre and he's not stupid enough to be ignorant of the limited shelf life gay sexual hedonism has as a hobby.

i think contrapoints is probably the most "redpilled" person on trannies in existence. he hit the absolute heights of it, he has spent half his time theorycrafting about how to do it right, and he knows it still wasn't worth it. he's just an old saucy fag with brainless normie peons worshiping him, surrounded by depressed and bottomlessly bitter failures like lindsay ellis. i can't imagine the drama that goes on with those "personalities." now some other youtube fag is even trying to steal his top tranny mantle, and he's better at it because, while clever, he's not as smart as contrapoints and will never see how shallow it is, so he will happily tranny it up for years without a shred of doubt while contrapoints probably has semi-daily doubts

i hope contrapoints TRANSITIONS more into the things that make him happy and realizes he is more than his "brand." kicking the drugs and sex might be easier than kicking the toxic social networks and the influencer lifestyle that only fits if you're a narcissist like philosophytranny (or become one, like lindsay "i hate my own baby that is growing inside me and i never want to have a child, i won't ever regret this" ellis).

>> No.17715172

>>17714529
Good post
Who would you recommend I follow instead?

>> No.17715199

>>17713314
Ignorance is bliss.

>> No.17715605

>>17715172
>I'm totally open-minded
>but the guy misgendering the trans person to prove how much he hates trannies is a good post
Blaire White and Ben Shapiro for you

>> No.17715680

>>17715605
misgendering isnt a thing

>> No.17715722

>>17713314
Alt hype and Ryan Dawson