[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 101 KB, 920x802, png-transparent-pepe-the-frog-neet-4chan-meme-television-meme-tartan-internet-know-your-meme.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17694109 No.17694109 [Reply] [Original]

Where do i go from here? Can books really fulfill my thirst to know what holds the world together? I tried by reading popsci and realized that the scientific method is not that great of a tool. Now i'm getting into philo and yet i think that philo itself will not give me what i search for as well.

Should i stop reading? Are things unknowable?
I know that the quest to attain truth is noble in itself but i don't see any point in reading besides that

>> No.17694118

>>17694109
>Can books really fulfill my thirst to know what holds the world together?
No Faustus, you already fucked up. Get your act together.

>> No.17694210

>>17694109
>Can books really fulfill my thirst to know what holds the world together?
no
>Are things unknowable?
yes

You can't rely on books alone. Live your life. Meet people who you can have interesting conversations with. Find someone you can fall in love with. Do some LSD on a nice day and look at the clouds. Books can only supplement these things.

>> No.17694389

>>17694210
I did LSD a few days ago and had a pretty bad trip so i'm staying away from that for a while. I'm also fairly unattractive and have a annoying personality so meeting new people is rather hard

>> No.17695139

>>17694109
Bump