[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 79 KB, 1024x640, 1594881256217m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17667054 No.17667054 [Reply] [Original]

Any books or essays that will help me get out of this cynic, meaningless, relativist state I found myself in?

I started reading serious philosophy and literature during thie COVID-era and I have to say my life has improved but after some time when serious queations started popping up I dropped into an existential nightmare. I continute to relativize and minimize everything. I turned to God and it helped for some time but my position on Christianity deteriorated over time and made me very scepetical of it all.

>> No.17667092

>>17667054

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers

A Feast of Snakes by Harry Crews

>> No.17667141

Here you go:

206. Mistakes of the subhumans. They immediately interpret the idea of subjectivity as giving them free reign to support any viewpoint that they want, no matter how incoherent, ignorant and wretched. Sure, the ant too has its own perspective of things, and therefore its own subjective reality, but who gives a shit about the reality of an ant? The greater the man the greater — and hence the more objective — his perspective, and therefore the idea of subjectivity does not undermine the absolute rule of inequality in the universe but is precisely the mechanism by which it comes about.

http://orgyofthewill.net/

>> No.17667166

Plato and Homer

>> No.17667187

>>17667054
The great romantics are good for this sort of thing. Faust in particular is pretty much about your specific problem, so I'd recommend that. And I know it's a bit of a meme, but the Fountainhead is actually a great work of art, at least in the sense of being a perfect expression of itself, and it is, again, all about how to live a meaningful life.

>> No.17667307

>>17667187
Thanks. I was thinking about reading the romantics aswell.