[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 215 KB, 1080x1080, 852347.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17498421 No.17498421 [Reply] [Original]

Artistic edition

>> No.17498429

>>17498421
Only an Aryan could harbor feelings of hatred for the Christian religion. The genuine Jew is only disturbed by it.

>> No.17498439

you really gotta get in on this cornflakes and milk shit

been a productive day. don't really know what to do with the rest of it. gonna shitpost for a bit. maybe go for a walk later. maybe study some more.

>> No.17498459

>>17498421
As a mixed race person is it completely pointless for me to delve into 'traditionalism'? On top of that I'm a suburban-born American. I've never felt roots or inherent obligation to 'the west' but I'm drawn into LARPing culture and spirituality.

>> No.17498510

>>17498459
Become Gadolik

>> No.17498543

>>17498459
Once you make real contact with the spirit all the mumbling about race, culture, etc. fades into irrelevance. They only have value so much as they can put you in touch with the essence behind all things. 4chan larpers are fucking retarded and always put words over action.

>> No.17498576

I've seen first young leaves on bush branches and white buds on plum trees. Tomorrow comes the cold wave. A perfectly normal occurrence in winter, but in these conditions it seems so wicked. A kiss from snow fairy.

>> No.17498757
File: 39 KB, 646x416, aghori3-1462694881_835x547.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

To live: is to believe your life is a thing of possibilities to be expanded
To begin to die: is to belive your life is a finite bounded and complete thing to be saved and preserved

I am reminded of the Aghori sect, an honestly spooky group of Hindu yogis who follow a fringe doctrine of Hinduism that some consider heretical. Their beliefs state that one must expose oneself to what the human body finds disgusting and disturbing, rotting corpses, filth, waste, in order to see the illusion that is death and achieve higher spiritual insight. They make sure to

"...have as their objects a corpse one or two or three days old, swollen up, blue-black in colour, full of corruption; a corpse eaten by crows, etc.; a framework of bones; flesh hanging from it, bespattered with blood, held together by the sinews; without flesh and blood, but still held together by the sinews; bones scattered in all direction; bleached and resembling shells; heaped together after the lapse of years; weathered and crumbled to dust.
At the end of each of these contemplations there follows the conclusion: "This body of mine also has this nature, has this destiny, cannot escape it."

>> No.17498955

>>17498421
is there a way to increase artistic sensitivity? i guess the most obvious tip is expose yourself but even if i read great book - i just barely feel anything.

>> No.17498987
File: 62 KB, 914x960, 1609699233756.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just came back about an hour ago from that first day at work with my dad making boats and that. My entire face still feels rife with fibreglass and resin

>> No.17499021

Both Light Novels and Visual Novels are literature.

>> No.17499042

>>17498459
No. The scientific conception of race has never been traditional. In fact, it was not in common for aristocrats of different peoples to intermarry, for example. A real traditional view would be that blood matters but it matters less than other things.

>> No.17499074
File: 56 KB, 483x600, Couronnement_de_Marie_de_Brabant.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think I might have hypogonadism. Low test. Beta male syndrome. Low testosterone in men is associated with being shy, liking classical music, and, in 50% of cases, a high IQ. Sadly, low testosterone in men is also associated with ADHD-like symptoms of impaired cognition. That's why I'd like to start taking testosterone supplements. I'd like to be able to think and read again. However, while I do want the ADHD to go away, I don't want my interests to go with it. I still want to read books and listen to classical music. Oh well. I guess we all have to sacrifice something.

>> No.17499121

I took a massive bong rip during the super bowl and started to freak out. I couldn't stop thinking about how everything I do leads to a dead end. I kind of want to crawl under a rock.

>> No.17499156
File: 270 KB, 1150x1600, BF017F06-CBF4-4277-88EA-A01E4C66894E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I miss this lil nigga like you wouldn't believe

>> No.17499169

>>17499074
eat raw macadamia nuts every day my man

>> No.17499189

I work with actual indians, not half breed kshatriyas. Genuine indian ignorance and confidence is one of the few forces that could completely DESTROY the world. It's as powerful of a force as the atom bomb. I can understand why all sensitive and intelligent people from that country have already left

>> No.17499263

is it possible to turn around your life from 28 neet state?

>> No.17499272

I got redpilled on how achieving things only brings very fleeting happiness and the importance of living in the present, but now I find it very hard to justify making goals or having ambitions. I miss the structure they provided even if I realize they’re memes.

>> No.17499283

>>17499263
Yes. If your only concern is being a NEET, you just need a job which is totally doable.

>> No.17499316

>>17499283
there are much deeper issues and being neet is a side effect. i tried coding but that's a bit over my head and to be completely honest i found it very boring when i went to 2 month courses in IT academy.

>> No.17499379

I come to /lit/, make 5 threads, and then it feels like I'm banned because I can no longer make more threads. I don't care to post in the threads, I just care about making 5 threads about literature to combat the shitposting. But I don't have the energy to contribute to them.

>> No.17499388

>>17498421
I'm becoming terrified by the prospect that we live in an age where nothing can actually be said without falling into digressions, irony, meta-speech etc. I don't buy the whole new sincerity thing either, it seems like an ad-hoc hopeless solution to a deeper problem. I'm not sure that anything can be done really.

>> No.17499401

>>17498459
Mixed race people were historically made specifically so they won't have allegience to any culture or values. Alexander the Great did that to places he conquered: forced mixed couples so their children won't have loyalty to either cultures.
tl;dr you'll likely never feel what people refer to when talking about 'patriotism', but you can still be a rational conservative

>> No.17499429

>>17499401
Are most all Americans effectively "mixed-race" even if white?

>> No.17499435

>>17499316
Why do you need to code? If part of your job is simply being a NEET, then it seems to me that virtually any job will do.

>> No.17499445
File: 46 KB, 492x492, 1537300084713.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've started to use Sneed in my mental vocabulary, and sometimes i chuckle to myself when i replace a noun with Sneed.
I fucking hate this site

>> No.17499455

> The Plot Against America, by Philip Roth (September 30, 2004)
It can be easy to forget that The Plot Against America, which today reads as a parable for Trump’s America, was widely received as an allegory for W.’s — an interpretation that Roth encouraged by insisting the opposite. The novel begins in a buzz of fear and the pitch increases steadily, unbearably. But it’s Roth’s doomed hero, Walter Winchell, whose speeches have the uncanny urgency of prophecy: “How long will Americans remain asleep while their cherished Constitution is torn to shreds by the fascist fifth column of the Republican right marching under the sign of the cross and the flag?” —Nathaniel Rich

Is this really what passes for some of the greatest contemporary literature in the English language?

>> No.17499477

>>17499388
Honestly I don't buy the whole thing of you can be anything at all, anything can succeed, people determine the current of history. I think what anyone can really say at any given time must exist within the coordinates of what is possible at any given time. Sure, we then we retroactively apply terms like "revolutionairy" to something that happened back then, but I think this is only a narrative account of what happened. And what actually happened is that you had an opening up of our coordinates and conditions so that not only something new could have been said, but something new MUST have been said and not only that but even WHAT must have been said was determined. I think the revolutionairy term we apply to such things is just romanticising the past. In our current day and age, I don't think there is a possibility to say anything at all. The coordinates are not expanding, they are firmly set. At the same time, we've already exhausted all the space within the coordinates, so sure something new will have to be said soon enough, but probably not by this generation. This generation and I might be a pessimist here, is going to be nothing except a transitional generation of people living in an exhaustion of the current epistemic space who cannot say anything new except to reflect on how worn out the current coordinates are. But even more depressingly, I think the only coherent way forward that will open up in the future seems to be some kind of technocratic designer transhumanism, the only two other options are a miracle or a global catastrophe. I am really struggling to be an optimist, not only about our future, but because I don't see any space for anything to be said in our present age. And if you look at our cultural output I don't think anything great has been done lately, it's either even finer elaborations on the space already exhausted or some initial flirtings and gauging of the technocratic designer transhumanist stuff with some notes of social justice and environmentalism. Pretty bleak, I wish I could be more optimistic. It feels pointless to try to do anything.

>> No.17499478

>>17498421
I killed one among many feral rats in my home with a clawhammer today. I can occasionaly hear them in the walls, scurying, fucking, eating. There will be many more, soon.
Other than that, I am well. I dread the coming of Spring. Living in the American South means humidity and bugs for another 9 months.
>>17498757
Fucking metal

>> No.17499482

>>17499429
If at least their grand-grandparents were white protestant Americans and everyone until this generation didn't mix with non-white Americans, then they're most likely Americans who can feel a 'spiritual' (beyond rationality) connection with their patria.

>> No.17499488

IF YOU WANT TO DESTROY MY SWEATEEEER
(WOAH WOAH WOAH)
HOLD THIS THREAD AS I WALK AAAAWAY
(AS I WALK AAAAWAY)

>> No.17499501

To wit, all knowledge has two ends of which you can take hold, the one a priori, the other a posteriori. It is true, several modern scientists have pretended that one must, of necessity, begin at the latter. They think they can catch the eel of science at the tail, by first procuring enough knowledges from experience, and then ascending gradually to general and higher conceptions. But although this may not be unwise, it is not nearly learned enough, nor philosophical. For in this manner one soon arrives at a why which cannot be answered, and that is just as creditable for a philosopher as it is for a merchant to pleasantly ask one to come some other time when a bill of exchange is presented to him for payment. To avoid this inconvenience acute men have begun at the opposite farthest border, the outmost point of metaphysics. But a new difficulty is here incurred, of beginning I don’t know where, and of coming I don’t know whither; also that the reasoning, when continued, does not seem to fall in with experience; yea, it seems as if the atoms of Epicurus, after having fallen and fallen from eternity, might sooner meet by chance some time and form a world, than that common ideas will meet and exemplify these abstract principles.

>> No.17499552

>>17499435
I dont live in first world country. So even if i'd get a job then it'd be minimal wage one and you can barely exist with one here.

>> No.17499573

>>17499388
I agree. Don’t know what else to say.

>> No.17499585

>>17499482
>my family mostly comes from euro-catholic immigrants
I guess that's why I don't feel it.

>> No.17499589

>surely senpai will take the bait this time

>> No.17499598
File: 122 KB, 750x558, 5a4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17499388
You have to make a conscious choice to avoid indirect, effeminate speech and not be afraid to affirm yourself.

That's all it is. Why do you think the "Yes" meme is becoming popular? People are tired of hiding behind bitch-made word games.

>> No.17499625

>>17499477
I agree with all of this except the idea that the only coherent path forward is technocratic designer transhumanism. I think that sort of paradigm is exactly at the heart of what gave rise to the conditions you accurately described and if there’s a coherent path through it’s in the polar opposite. I suppose it’s possible that comes via catastrophe. Bleak indeed although maybe that perceived bleakness is also a symptom of our illness. I’m not a fan of Spengler but maybe his quote about the solider at Pompeii is relevant here.

>> No.17499634

>>17499552
Then how do you NEET? Is it really the case that entitlement is more than entry level work in your country?

>> No.17499642

>>17499585
Another barrier to digging out patriotism is that most western countries are virtually under foreign occupation. There's a lot of domestic anti-Western sentiment, so many people don't have a chance to even know what their culture is. E.g. My friends tell me they hate America but they talk about the woke America which is mostly made of immigrants and jews, not white Americans (these are mostly Trump voters). On /lit/ at least one should read the Founding Fathers, Walt Whitman, etc. to understand America.

>> No.17499645

>>17499598
Working a wage slave office job makes this nearly impossible.

>> No.17499651

>>17499642
>woke America which is mostly made of immigrants and jews, not white Americans
I don’t believe this is the case.

>> No.17499658

>>17499651
Look at the statistics. If only whites voted, Trump would've won.

>> No.17499663

I want to make friends, meet new people. How can I do that online?

>> No.17499664

>>17499429
The entire paradigm is made up nonsense. Literally never existed until the pseudo-scientism of the 19th century among very specific people who simply took it as fact and asserted it everywhere with literally no basis. The question is actually nonsensical.

>> No.17499675

>>17499658
I don’t care what “””statistics””” say honestly. The idea that only Jews and people of non-European descent subscribe to woke ideology just rings as absurd.

>> No.17499677

>>17499642
Yeah I have studied and understand a fair amount about America but I can't feel any real connection to it, likely because of the reasons you described. I will most likely immigrate to another country due to various circumstances (not because I hate being here particularly) and I don't really feel anything about it.

>> No.17499687

>>17499675
>only
Of course if you misrepresent my post into something absurd then it rigns absurd.

>> No.17499696

>>17499598
It's not quite that. I know of a writer who goes for the whole Nietzschean affirmation thing and I don't find it entirely convincing either. The issue isn't quite about assertion or indirect speech. Of masculinity and something effeminate. The issue is that there does not exist a space where something could be actually affirmed. The affirmation we have at disposal is primarily an aesthetic one in that we can affirm life as it is, but this fails to note the fact that we have exhausted all of the space available, everything already has been affirmed and to try to do it now again comes off as juvenile, anachronistic, ridiculous, naive and so forth. We need to move the coordinates of what is possible entirely, only then can something really new be affirmed. However, it is not enough to just do it. There has to be a historical place and time, the conditions present that make it possible and we are not quite there yet. I don't think this is a possibility in this generation. The historical time is not ripe, so even if you have a voice like that out there at this very moment, he would never be able to gain any serious traction because our epistemic coordinates are not ready for it. For this reason, I don't think that it is possible for this generation to say anything at all, except make this meta-commentary, that everything is exhausted and haven't we seen that it is precisely this that is the output of this age and generations? All of our best talent is reduced to either finding that last little inch of empty space to make a yet new aesthetically dazzling piroutte on the same floor, the same kind already done before but just an inch more dazzling, or is simply making an elaborate meta-commentary on this very fact. There is no third position. And the real depressing thing is that I fear what it is going to be when the third position comes, because it is looking more and more like an environmentally and socially conscious technocratic transhumanism, my only hope is that I will be dead before then.

>> No.17499699

>>17499677
Some realise they love their country only when they leave it, and it sounds like you don't have much to lose anyway.

>> No.17499708

>>17499272
Moderation, fren. Set reasonable goals and reflect on the little joys of progressing towards them. Look for and take opportunities to help your friends and family. Living in the present doesn't mean mindless hedonism. It means appreciating the natural rhythm of your life.

>> No.17499716

>>17499625
I think technocratic transhumanism with a socially and environemntally just face is the only coherent path forward in that it seems to be the only path that has some tangible fragments seemingly coming together. I don't see a coherent alternative. There might exist one, but I think it will take either a catastrophy or a literal miracle from God for it to work and to "defeat" the other option that seems to be raising its head.

>> No.17499720

>>17499699
I'm not sure if there's much to love about America, it feels like everything that was ever remotely good about it was decayed before I was born. But you might be right, not like I'm expecting anywhere else to be a whole lot better.

>> No.17499748

>>17499720
I'm sure America will come back to its roots at some point. The house of cards built on sophistry is already cracking at the seams. It remains to be seen whether the West will recover in our lifetimes.

>> No.17499753

>>17499634
I stay at parents place.

>> No.17499805

Just browsing 4chan again
Just browsing down down down
Looking at threads in wich my attention gets caught.
I'm going to the gym later, doing some leg stuff I think.

>> No.17499825

>>17499748
Most people living in america aren't americans, and that percentage will only increase in time

>> No.17499841

>>17499825
2/2

Literally only WASPs are americans too

>> No.17499846

>>17499748
I just expect it to collapse entirely and give way to other global powers.

>> No.17499857

>>17498955
any ideas?

>> No.17499861

>>17499825
Number doesn't matter that much. Europeans have always been relatively few yet they ruled the world.

>> No.17499873

>>17499846
Sure, but they'll still come back. It's a large rich land and it's a white country at its roots.

>> No.17499961

>>17499753
So is it possible to get a job but also continue to rely somewhat on your parents?

>> No.17499979

>>17499716
Well, where you see coherence u see total incoherence. I mean, the implications of what you’re talking about would come with so many pre-paradigmatic suppositions that it would reduce reality as we currently approach it to total nonsense. The path through the absurdity isn’t to follow that thing which led us to total absurdity in the first place. We have to either reject it and go back or kill it.

>> No.17500035

>>17499687
Okay, mostly not only. I don’t agree with that either.

>> No.17500047

>>17499677
>I will most likely immigrate to another country due to various circumstances (not because I hate being here particularly) and I don't really feel anything about it.
Just curious where. Fwiw I understand your feeling.

>> No.17500049

>>17500035
You think most woke people are white? Try to talk to people over 30 sometime.

>> No.17500056
File: 229 KB, 620x850, 119a150.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17498421
>artistic edition
Time to shill Fomenko, his work totally captures the subject of my only nightmares: massive spheres

>> No.17500065

>>17500047
France.

>> No.17500074

>>17499961
Maybe but i should move out of their place. Im just a burden and eye sore.

>> No.17500094

>>17499401
>I can still be an cultural/race cuck
Really what obligation would I have to conserve the 'west' and 'whites' if I'm not even 'white'? It seems like an acknowledgement that I would be some kind of genetic mistake and I just have to work towards righting it and probably not breed.

>> No.17500120

>>17500074
Have you talked to your parents about your desire to get a job?

>> No.17500125

>>17500074
>Im just a burden and eye sore.
Why? Just let it out, man.

>> No.17500136

nothing

>> No.17500142

>>17500094
Who says you have any obligation? You do you

>> No.17500244

>>17499445
I use Sneed as a categorization of an author—someone who has the right ideas, but argues poorly for it

>> No.17500277

>>17498429
You're not aryan no matter how much you tell yourself in the mirror that you fucking mutt kike

>> No.17500284

>>17500277
Checked and true

>> No.17500412

>>17500065
Can I ask for your reasoning regarding that place in particular? I think I could guess but I’d like to know.

>> No.17500420
File: 41 KB, 511x671, sneed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

*inhales*

Today we jail these three niggers
For their crimes and fraud in
A time of gibsmedat and sneed.
They've taken the lead,
Exceeding all expectations and limitations,
Ruining their communities and forcing out their white neighbors.
As gangbangers, drug addicts and welfare recievers,
Adam has felt the wounds of niggers,
But this social worker still shares
His apartment with juvenily deliquent minorities.
During Covid, he's even lent menthol
Handing out PCP to Tyrone and Qanuisha.
Trimaine is a nigger who listens to hip-hop, drop-top.
Providing his community with tinnitus non-stop,
Hustling stolen laptops taken from tech workshops,
So his niggers have all the tools
They need to succeed in robbing crackers and drowning in pools.
Shaniqua is the KFC night manager at a Tampa strip-mall.
Her surving a diabetic coma proves that even in hope, tragedy is possible.
She lost her grandmothers to aunt jemimas pancake mix,
And fights to save other lives in the cholesterol battle zone,
Defining these drug dealing niggers ruining our civilization to never make their own.
Let us jail these monkeys.
Work to deport these gorillas,
And carry forth the vision of our ancestors!
We celebrate them by segregation,
With courage and compassion for our future children,
By doing what is true and just.
For while we jail them today,
It is they who every day imprison us.

*exhales*

>> No.17500432

What’s your favorite manga or anime and why?

>> No.17500489
File: 67 KB, 500x644, 2t56.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17500120
Yes but i'm paralyzed by fear and possible stress. I just dont have any faith in me regarding dealing with real life situations.
>>17500125
All my friends and brother are miles ahead of me regarding life (have job, their own place, LTR's, marriage and even kids) and i'm just being complete parasite to my parents. But like i've mentioned above i just want to move out and stay hidden from world at the same time. New changes are too terrifying for me, i mean dealing with new work colleagues, flatmates and being confined in monotonous routine just complete sucks out even the little drops of resolve and hope. Ofcourse there's a "fools pride" which doesnt let me just take the minimal wage jobs as it would like a stamp on forehead that i'm a complete loser and that's the most i can do. Unironically i feel like trying anything without having 100% guarantee is complete time waste when i'm doing nothing which practically me wasting my life away. I try to read books to find the sentence or passage which could inspire me that much so i could muster up the courage and just go out to world but even after reading one (Courage to be Disliked) i theoretically understand that to implement those mentioned things would do great benefit for me but i just put those thoughts near me. However i just cant do the final leap. I just cant. Sorry for ranting.

>> No.17500546
File: 82 KB, 486x600, 486px-Guy_Rose_-_The_Green_Mirror.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The strong die and the weak survive.

>> No.17500598

>>17500546
But do the living envy the dead?

>> No.17500612

>>17500598
Only the living can.

>> No.17500644

>>17500412
No I don't think France is that great I'm just moving there for my gf.

>> No.17500652

>>17500644
how hot is she

>> No.17500665

Gonna begin the long drive home, a lot of new jewelry was on the street today. I think I’ll start purchasing more gold coins again. Had a fantasy/day-dream of a dragon who was decadent in sensibilities, imagined him upon a bed of beaten brass which had the faces of bearded men and all about it was gold coins, emeralds, sapphires and so forth. Was a lovely mental image. Think I’ll write a story with him in it.

I know it is foolish but no matter how many times I go and see all of the jewels I cannot help but imagine eating them, their smooth flavors and so forth. They look absolutely delicious especially the colored gems.

>> No.17500685

I suck at finding a job. It's not that I can't do the jobs. I can do them just fine. It's that I don't like pretending to be nice. I resent having someone who knows nothing about me judge my worth based on a flimsy piece of paper, first impressions and a series of interview questions the answers of which have limited inferential value. Someone seriously should just give me a job. I don't fuck around. Drop the formalities and let's be real. Is it really necessary to pretend to be upbeat and happy that about the fact you must work to live? Isn't someone who fakes that less trustworthy than someone who puts on no appearances? Does it really have anything to do with getting a job done with brutal efficiency and singular determination, not because it's cute and fun, but because it's a source of aggravation that must be eliminated?

>> No.17500987

>>17500432
I don't even like discussing anime/manga outside of coomposting cause weebs are fucking retarded and get filtered by anything mildly challenging or artful. I think only vidya fags are worse.

>> No.17501001

>>17500987
But you making it worse by not speaking up and letting coomers take up all the space for serious anime discussion.

>> No.17501026
File: 1.04 MB, 812x804, EF548122-C31C-45F0-ADDC-6712DF940C1B.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17500432
Too hard to pick one. Big fan of Monogatari, legend of the galactic heroes, haruhi, .Hack(oddly has a lot of Rudolf Steiner) berserk, Lain, YuYu, trigun, NHK,Utena, evangelion, dragon ball, Big O, Fooly cooly, saint seiya, mushishi.

>> No.17501041

>>17501026
A little generic but pretty good taste

>> No.17501102

>>17501041
Eh, I know it’s kinda generic but if I’m being completely honest, Dragon ball is absolutely fun and I don’t care what anyone says, Evangelion is satisfying, Big O should be watched more, Utena’s alchemical themes are on point, fooly Cooly is a fun alchemical experience, Saint seiya’s Greek shonen aesthetic is incredibly fun, I’ve seen people actually self reflect and better themselves from berserk so that alone demonstrates it has value, YuYu is peak fun, Lain’s aesthetic was pretty unique for the time and still is rather unique, besides the techno gnostic theme is still fascinating. Trigun is again, pure aesthetic experience.

.hack has a lot more quality than people give it credit for, the music is real nice, it explores its themes well, the actual use of steiner’s occult work is odd, legend of the galactic heroes deals with its subject better than some books in terms of contrasting political systems, ideals, corruption and so forth, haruhi is again just pure trashy fun to me. Monogatari fuses trash with some pretty great writing, araragi is pretty my favorite protagonist as a whole. And mushishi’s aesthetic is too good for anime honestly. They absolutely capture ethereality and mono no aware.

So yeah, while my taste has some common/generic shit, I think they’re honestly highly entertaining and re-watchable.

>> No.17501127

>>17501102
“Pretty much my favorite” apologies, multitasking.

>> No.17501166
File: 21 KB, 330x201, 330px-August_Friedrich_Albrecht_Schenck_-_Anguish_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17498421
Today, I couldn't even find the energy to wash myself. I missed school. I haven't eaten in a while. I am just stuck in my head. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.

>> No.17501168

>>17501001
I mean, I've tried, but it's just kinda futile in the long run. The crowd that's attracted to anime is low wit. And anyways my favorite anime is a massive filter and meme (Monster) and I've found serious discussion of it impossible (at least on /a/).
>>17501102
What do you get out of the whole stylistic stance of Monogatari? The visual direction seems super gimmicky and ultimately pointless, that and the faux-ironical self-aware attitude about it's genreness leaves a sour taste with me.

>> No.17501181

>>17501168
You can still find decent discussion sometimes if you're lucky. On /a/ I've had a few good threads with good discussion of older niche shows, so it might be possible.

>> No.17501185

>>17500432
>>17501026
Fate and Monogatari are my favorites. I like FLCL too. I’m a big fan of LNs.

>> No.17501191

>>17501185
I liked the Fate VN but I never watched any anime of it except zero, is it worth it?

>> No.17501206

>>17501168
To me I personally like it, because I see monogatari as 100% a look into the internal world of Araragi. So the flashes and color changes and shots are all just his perception and Qualia. I also don’t find the self aware decadence to be bad, but i like over-indulgence, I like when something tries to push the qualities to an absurd point even while self aware of it. Again the show imo hinges on how much do you like Araragi and can you get along with his tastes.

I wrote this up before as to say which girl is best.

Bat>snail=Doll>Bee=Phoenix>Cat=Snake>Araragi’s jungian shadow>crab>Math>Monkey

The actual favorite character I have in the series is araragi himself and I enjoy these characters for how they explore aspects of araragi and their fantastical/unique aspects. Bat’s the most interesting character and the most fantastical by a mile. She explores his sense of heroism, duty and decadence the most. She is the source of his power, his literal sword, his Will and his anima , literally hiding in his shadow and willing to give him the sword of her power. The doll and snail scenes are the funnest and filter the most normies, they also express araragi’s eternal-child aspect effectively reflecting his stunted personality aspects and allowing him to breathe the most within his interior. bee and Phoenix are one character in my eyes and help explore his family relations and responsibility within the family and slowly help him understand family duty. Cat in herself is an interesting character and I’d have preferred she win over the Crab, because she explores fully araragi as a young horny heroic youth, shes the perfectly “empty” character (who’s really not empty) fundamentally if this was an older piece of media or an epic she would be the character which drives him towards manly/knightly perfection. Her knowledge and internal weakness should have been contrasted to araragi’s ignorance and interior depth in a more Apollonian work. Snake is the first real movement out of the Apollonian waters into the Dionysian, the image and ideal become a kind of prison and araragi cannot be the hero, she is in all regards the limitations of the mythic hero against the material. The serpent is a very fitting animal form for her. Ougi is literally just the shadow of araragi and this is a dive into the personality flaws of araragi, his acceptance/rescue of her is his acceptance of his own negatory aspects and the reconciliation of his youth to his adulthood.

Crab is the height of the Dionysian, she is the most realistic character of the entire show, I have had women who are almost exactly her personality type, their romance is also harshly realistic, as is the reasons for their relationships. I place her so low solely because I have a preference for the interior subjectivity and essential over the objective and external.

Cont

>> No.17501221
File: 49 KB, 750x540, 21CBCB6A-FE1C-4C6B-8E4D-B07D19A2B3E6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17501168
>The crowd that's attracted to anime is low wit.
Disagree. I’be been really surprised at the depth of some fans. Some people on this board have given really interesting takes on Evangelion.

>> No.17501231

>>17501206
Math is a vestigial character, a tragic flaw in araragi’s past, a negative character aspect, shes just a familiar of Ougi, a spirit/force dwelling in araragi’s negative aspects. No real depth to her beyond this.

Finally the monkey, I dislike her because she is the next youth(I also in general dislike lesbianism and masculine aspects taken by a female) but fundamentally she is a student, a follower, a next hero, this is why araragi gives her the wisdom speeches in the same capacity that oshino would give him. As she is the furthest removed from araragi, I dislike her the most.

So yeah, from the above it’s clear Araragi is the center of the show, the stylistic angles and characters revolving around unpacking him.

There is actually even good Philosophcial/occult nuance with the three exorcists. The folklore elements are also pretty entertaining. I totally get why someone wouldn’t be into the show but I personally think it’s worth the watch.

>>17501185
I’ve yet to watch fate, seems like a mess to begin.

>> No.17501243

>>17501221
>on this board
This board is not the general weeb.

>> No.17501246

>>17501191
I thought unlimited blade works and heaven’s feel were fantastic. I still can’t find a way to watch the original studio deen fate/stay night. If you want to watch heaven’s feel, you’ll probably have to wait until April for the final installment. I actually have not played the VN but I want to now.

>> No.17501253

>>17501221
You can call what I say bullshit, but a couple of friends had me watch the first episode and using lurianic Kabbalistic analysis I was able to accurately guess the ending.

I think people overstate how shallow the occult aesthetic is, there’s definite esoteric aspects to the shows construction.

>> No.17501258
File: 80 KB, 750x418, 83B4C7EE-4FE8-401D-B450-15518889DA84.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17501206
> Monkey last
How can any one man be so wrong?

>> No.17501267

Fuck yes I just remembered I have scones I hid from myself earlier.

>> No.17501271

>>17501253
I agree with the second part. I don’t agree with the Kabbalistic/Gnostic/Jungian thing but I’d have to go into a long monologue to explain why I think that.

>> No.17501272
File: 222 KB, 1157x1637, 3ABEE8D4-01B7-45E6-AE3D-F85AF6C6348B.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17501258
I know it’s a unpopular choice, I’m anti-Yuri and not a fan of tomboys, she’s also one of if not the furthest from Araragi’s internal world. I get the appeal it simply isn’t appealing to me.

>> No.17501280

>>17501243
That’s true but this board is not the general anyone. I find some weebs to be a lot more /lit/ than the average person.

>> No.17501296

>>17501272
>she’s also one of if not the furthest from Araragi’s internal world
She’s so important around the Nadeko arc though.

>> No.17501306

This discussion on anime makes me realize I would kill for a 96 Days story style anime about Victorian era occultism

>> No.17501323

>>17501272
>anti-Yuri
Cringe and bluepilled. I don't like monkey either though

>> No.17501332

>>17501296
Yeah but I still see her as more of a student/youth where araragi is now the older teacher character, since that was his entire role in her Arc. That’s another thing, not much A fan of sports. But how do you see her relating to him and his internal world? Her entire character feels to me like a youth who needs to understand their place in the world. Maybe if she had an entire series developing her it would be a different story. She just feels far too distant all in all within herself. But I’m all ears for why you think she’s better than the others.

>> No.17501333

>>17501246
The VN is good but very long, I recommend. Get used to reading about cooking though. Also ataraxia when you finish it.

>> No.17501347

>>17500432
White Album 2 or Koi Kaze because I enjoy a little bit of ridiculous drama sometimes.

>> No.17501349

>>17501323
You know, Yuri used to be titanic around 4chan as a whole. I never liked it and it being so common definitely made me dislike it even more. Is it still commonly popular on other boards and I’ve ignored it? Or has the site just changed that much?

>> No.17501355

>>17498459
I can't relate to you or say I've been in your situation, but I do feel sad now that I think about the fact you have no one heritage to connect with
I think it's worth it, to learn about both your heritages, what is there to lose right? It will probably be an uphill battle getting people of either background to fully accept you though
WN but unironically good luck

>> No.17501362
File: 79 KB, 500x699, giger-brutalism.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17500056
Reminds me of Giger.

>> No.17501374

>>17501349
Bringing up yuri on /a/ is guaranteed to trigger shitflinging between pro yurifags and antiyurifags. I imagine it's popular on the yuri board. It's not all that visible in general anymore I'd say

>> No.17501378

I'm sad. I can kind of see how this sadness can be traced back to a desire, which would fit neatly with the buddhist litterature I have been reading, but said literature has probably made me biased in favor of such an interpretation, ie, so far it is not possible to say if this is a "phase" or not. The sorrow certainly is, no matter what its source.

It is interesting that thoughts just arise, especially since we don't know what they arise out of.

>> No.17501386

>>17501332
Honestly, it has been a long time since I read the novels or watched the show and my Japanese wasn’t even that good at the time. I just remember feeling like she was important to the whole story beyond just her family.

>> No.17501390

>>17500432
Dorohedoro and Ancient Magus Bride for spectacle/art/characters
Made In Abyss/Kill la Kill for story/Bondrewd.
First leg of Beastars because Legoshi is a relatable sperg.

>> No.17501423

>>17501390
>Ancient Magus Bride
How? The art is pretty and I was hyped, and the OVAs were good, but I found that show impossible to sit through.

>> No.17501440

>>17501386
Oh no she has broader plot significance but I’m saying she doesn’t give araragi any real character development that I can recall. Her first appearance she’s is settled by crab, then she has a vestigial existence, some comedy and dialogue which sure is fun, but honestly whenever she’s on screen I wonder why doesn’t Araragi have any male friends. It really highlights that these are all females in a harem when he should at least have one male friend to talk about dirty stuff with, sports and the like. And don’t get me wrong I understand the decision from a genre angle for why it’s all female and Why the character in specific gains from being female. But again I feel like she’d have been more interesting to me if she had more content exploring her and also her relationship with araragi. Perhaps I’ll change my mind also if I rewatch but eh. That’s what my memory says.

>> No.17501441

I hate staying with family but they always expect me, especially my Dad.

>> No.17501449

Over-processing / pumping sugar into all our food is probably my contender for the most harmful change to society in the past 50 years. Somehow suggesting that what we eat affects our moods and happiness makes you sound like a hippy these days, but it's common sense. It's insane to even argue with it.

>> No.17501457

>>17501231
I like your analysis. The show's definitely got a lot of psychological and relational nuance. And I don't have a problem with self-aware over-indulgence but I like there to be some aesthetical and thematic point to it, e.g. ttgl being a balls to the wall tribute of of exactly that indulgence and nothing else (as wel as a sort of self-tribute of gainax), or flcl being an expression of overcharged puberty. Monogatari to me (and I haven't seen it in years) straddles this kind of harem/moe overindulgence and self-aware brainy aloofness that seems ineffective and pretentious to me, seeing as most of the digressions and visual gimmicks don't amount to anything. But I like your take. I don't care much for Araragi (comes across as an deep dive on the harem master beta nice guy-type character) so much so maybe that's it.

>> No.17501460

>>17501449
I don't even know what I should be eating but I'm pretty sure it's all bad for me.

>> No.17501464

>>17501441
learn to appreciate family while you still can, especially your Dad.

>> No.17501482

>>17501464
Not that anon but I hate when people say this. Yeah I'll be sad when my parents are dead but that doesn't actually change that our personalities don't mesh and I don't really enjoy interacting with them. The present is the way it is for a reason. I don't think people who are closer to their families do it because they aren't taking them for granted, they just naturally have a better and stronger bond.

>> No.17501486

>>17501460
Taking the time to learn will definitely be worth it

>> No.17501508

>>17501423
As of now its sortve like that for me, same with Kill la Kill now, but at the time it came out it was easy. Tastes change, I guess, but I still like it though I have no intent to rewatch it.

>> No.17501513

>>17500432
I never got into anime, but I really liked a few manga before I got depressed. It was all ecchi. They were kissxsis, uwakoi, and another one about youkai including a girl with an extendable head. To-Love Ru was also great. It's tricky to describe the appeal, but it's kinda like returning to your childhood where the world is a brighter place. The "being surrounded by beautiful girls" thing is wish fulfillment, but it still feels wonderful. I'll likely always remember how I felt reading the first 2 dozen chapters of kissxsis just because it clicked that way for me, it's like being in a perfect world.

For the most part I only care about VNs. I have similar feelings for CLANNAD, it was the first VN I played. Although it's cliche, if it clicks for you it's amazing. Not even for the elaborate plot that game is known for, but the whole experience of being in school and having friends and lovers. It made me realize what I was missing out on. I prefer VNs now because they help me escape into someone else's mind, since mine tends to be so negative.

>> No.17501519

>>17500489
>Yes but i'm paralyzed by fear and possible stress. I just dont have any faith in me regarding dealing with real life situations.
I don’t understand. You have talked to your parents but they didn’t understand because you were paralyzed by fear and stress? What I’m wanting to know is have you expressed to your parents your desire to get a job and move out along with your impediments to doing so, like this fear and stress? What did they say?

I really don’t think you’re a loser compared to your brother, friends, or anyone. I want to help you out because I know how you feel, but it’s hard to convince you that you’re more okay than you feel yourself to be. Still, it’s hard for me to parse what exactly you think you your problem is. It sounds like a combination of this stress and fear coupled with desire to overcome but it but also a sort of confusion and dread over what that means, like work colleagues, living on your own, etc. is that right?

>> No.17501533

>>17501464
My dad wasn’t a part of my life for over a decade. Now, that I’m older he is and I appreciate that but it doesn’t really change the dynamic of the relationship. Being at his house feels both very comfortable and very weird alongside the fact that I’m just older now. I’m independent. I’ve been on my own for so long I don’t like living in someone else’s dwelling.

>> No.17501534

>>17501457
I mean, to me there is a point to it, it’s not a plot relevance but a character relevance. And yeah I actually know dudes who take the harem protag personality type seriously and have brushed up with problems because of it, and otherwise they’re genuinely good people. So maybe I have more tolerance. I would hang out and joke around with Araragi. Again I find the biggest flaw I have against the work is he has literally no male friends. I know that’s an odd take but that really is a large part of adulthood. In a way though it does show how these characters reflect him but I just find it a sharp appeal to the genre.

But yeah, I think if you don’t like araragi you’ll hate/dislike monogatari and if you like him you’ll probably really like the show. Similar to how if you hate des esseintes you’re probably gonna despise a-rebours:

>> No.17501535

>>17501460
even just ramping up your fruit and vegetable intake (leafy greens especially), and cutting out obviously sugary things (some things have more sugar than you expect, but at least cut out soda and snacks etc.), avoid sodium drenched junk food etc. All common sense stuff really. You don't miss sugar once you get rid of it. The biggest thing for me was moving out of home and having greater control of my diet. Its to the point where my coworkers will offer chocolates and other snacks and think I'm weird for turning them down. It's not that I'm purposely resisting the temptation, I literally have no interest in eating that stuff anymore - which is surprising because as a kid I had the biggest sweet tooth. Its just about habit.

>> No.17501551

>>17501513
>It made me realize what I was missing out on.
A lot of anime makes me feel this way. I realize they are usually depictions of ideal versions of reality but it still makes me a bit depressed. There are some which I loved but made me deeply sad.

>> No.17501552

>>17501513
A friend of mine who loves that wish fulfillment junk told me the reason he kicked it, was and I’m quoting verbatim here, it’s an illusionary Apollonian world and the great height and high it gives you is like a drug high, when it’s over the world and how bad it is feels over exaggerated and incredibly depressive. I don’t really care for wish-fulfillment junk so while I personally do not relate, I understand because of this fellow.

>> No.17501554

>>17501535
I don't drink soda and I try to eat fruits and vegetables, but I like meat and pasta and bread and I don't know how what does and doesn't have too much sugar.

>> No.17501567

>>17501513
>>17501552
I enjoy wish fulfillment but it doesn't really make me depressed about my own life, it's just a fun, aesthetically pleasing diversion.

>> No.17501577
File: 279 KB, 1914x1070, io.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

er

>> No.17501585

>>17501567
Understandable, I get more aesthetic pleasure out of more ceremonial stuff. Ornate and ritualistic ya know. Chymical wedding is one of my favorite books for this reason.

>> No.17501588

>>17498421
The mind is a lie of the establishment, therefore consciousness is a myth assuming above is correct.

>> No.17501598
File: 16 KB, 480x480, 1596004977805.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

talked to the vet today and it seems my little guy is indeed going through kidney failure and she gave him 2 months. feels bad, man. I guess it was going to happen eventually

>> No.17501606
File: 306 KB, 1888x1080, E245B17E-ADC6-478F-91F4-E8FEC029E9A0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17501231
>I’ve yet to watch fate, seems like a mess to begin.
Just watch Fate/stay night unlimited blade works and then Heaven’s Feel 1, 2, & 3 once 3 is released. You can also watch the original Fate/stay night but some people don’t like it. Those 3 - the original, unlimited blade works, and heaven’s feel are like the core along with fate/zero which is like a prologue. I think you’ll at leas think it’s interesting judging from your replies.

I want to know though. What do you make of the whole “Only you can save yourself” message in Monogatari. I feel like that’s something so central that it’s even the main message in it but everyone overlooks it for some reason.

>> No.17501610

>>17501598
I'm sorry anon, treasure this time you have left with him and keep him as happy as you can.

>> No.17501632

>>17501551
It's a faint melancholy feeling. "I wish the world was really like this." Probably not good for you in large doses, but there are positive sides to it as well. VNs are one of the only ways I can go without feeling lonely, I might feel like a screwed up person in real life but in the escapist POV you can ignore that, you can view things rationally and simply, and take back insights to your own life from a different perspective. This is very similar to what literature offers people, but in a less refined and more common way. There is genuine insight you can get out of it if you read it at the right time in life.

>> No.17501637

>>17501102
I've been watching .hack lately; rarely see it discussed, probably the least popular show on your chart. I like the exploration of it's ideas and themes but the big flaw is how visually static and rather dull it is. That and the show being so dialogue heavy it's easy to see why it's disliked. Still think it's underrated though. Was not aware of that Steiner thing.

>> No.17501647

>>17498987
Ya know, the fun thing about working on boats from my experience, and this is a bit autistic I know, is that the grade of sandpaper for boats is the roughest (besides the smoother ones used after of course) I’ve found that sanding and applying the fiberglass and so forth while difficult is more satisfying on a boat since on cars and the like you can’t really get a good stretch of the arm or hand to it except in some extreme circumstances. Even more fun than boats though is construction vehicles, I quite enjoyed repairing the rust damage, climbing it up and down and so forth. Haven’t worked on either in years now.

Most of these days I just sit around while the lads use the fiber glass/glaze and the red lead and so forth, I’d like to at some point soon maybe purchase another absolutely destroyed car and restore it myself as a project. If you can make and fix boats I have no doubt that you can also do the entirety of the body work upon a car given enough time, only the mechanical aspect of a car is somewhat difficult and with YouTube? You can do literally anything if you just have tools.

>> No.17501655

What is it like to be male?

>> No.17501658

>>17501041
What's wrong with having "generic taste?" People who perform mental gymnastics in order to have a unique set of favorite TV shows are idiots. If something is good, it's good.

>> No.17501669

>>17501658
There's nothing wrong with it, some of the shows he posted are favorites of mine too, there's just often amazing things that can be found under the surface and I think it's a shame when people don't explore further. Obviously it's just my personal opinion and depends on taste.

>> No.17501681

>>17501606
Oh that’s pretty simple, it’s part of the overarching theme of balancing the internal Apollonian/heroic fantasy child world, with the external material Dionysian world. There’s actually two main messages to the show, that friendship doesn’t make you weak, and you can only save yourself. This is the duality of relying upon others and having self strength. To me the balancing of these two aspects is the entirety of the show. Selfless acts are replaced by interpersonal acts, fantastical heroism replaced with being a good person. This is demonstrated well by the three exorcists, one who has rejected the hopeful world of fantastical youth and friendship almost entirely, who sees everything as a lie to gain material gains with, the other literally not allowing themselves to ever touch the ground who treats everything like a shonen character, and oshino who balances all things and abides in the flow of nature. Again this is 100% just the development of the interior of araragi and its reconciliation with the external world in his adulthood.

>> No.17501682

>>17501552
I understand that. It's kind of sad life will never be as perfect or pretty as in manga. Though, in a roundabout way it's pushed me to seek out the beauty that exists in the real world more. These stories aren't completely fictional, but inspired by things people actually do, and lives they live. The message isn't to go live in Japan, but to make friends, to get close to people and take care of your health and have a bit of perspective on life. I was stupid in my teens because I neglected all that. If you're a person who's denying the outside world, this stuff might make you worse, but it can also cure you. It's really a coin toss which way it will affect you I think.

>> No.17501726

>>17501658
>>17501669
I hate /a/ niggers who insist you must watch 500+ anime to gain an advanced taste in moe. I think you're better off following a few essentials + artsy/obscure charts if you're into anime as an art-form and not pure weeb indulgence. Many classics are classics cause they really are just part of the small percentage worth watching.

>> No.17501768

>>17501726
There’s something about the medium of like anime vs LN that when one dwells too much in the waters of the former, they develop stunted yet self righteous tastes. It’s like how people who watch a ton of Netflix but don’t read simply don’t have good taste and can’t give an interesting analysis on anything.

>> No.17501775

>>17501681
I see. You lost me with the Apollonian vs Dionysian stuff but I can see where you’re coming from with everyone else. It’s been a while so I should probably dust off my books and practice my Japanese with the Monogatari series. I have Kizu around here somewhere...

>> No.17501790

>>17501632
I agree. You already mentioned that you really got it from CLANNAD but two that really did this for me were Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai and Re:Zero which were both a bit recent. I can still feel how there’s sensations of both being soothed and despair there.

>> No.17501793

>>17501768
Do people even read a lot of LNs? I know they're niche but how niche?

>> No.17501794

>>17501637
Oh totally, you need to also get into the books and the vidya, since its so spread out around different mediums. I actually think even the poetry attempts and music are very competent.

The think I like about it most is how it blurs the characters digital and real life identities and most of all, how it captures generic. I know that sounds odd but hear me out.

The world feels like a perfect cut out of the fantasy modern fantasy genre and it knowingly does this, the feeling of simulated beauty and especially the scenes of simulated holy/sacredness are the best especially when the blur of reality and the virtual are dissolved and real sublime terror strikes the characters. Example here’s a poem I wrote dedicate to the same aesthetic of artificial-holiness(see aura’s theme)

“Simulacra of the Holy

The vision of the Only

Simulacra of Vision

Vision of the Holy

Holy simulacra of vision

Wholly simulated beyond superstition

Fission of cognition

The holy hyperstition

Empty idol of perdition

Its own definition

The Holy vision

Beyond addition

A hole in division

Divine in wholeness

A void in the place of mind

And a mind in void theoria

The holy Simulacra, Aporia

The Aporia of the super real

The Aporia of the super unreal

The Mirror of Vision

The vision of the Mirror

The mirror-vision of I

The vision of the Holy

The simulacra of Vision

The only vision

The Simulacra of the Holy”

>> No.17501812

>>17501768
I honestly don't like most LNs, most LNs are unironically better experienced as anime even if the adaptation sucks. There are exceptions but it doesn't feel like there are a lot. I much prefer VNs,

>> No.17501848

>>17501655
I mean, it feels normal. It’s a part of our nature, you don’t feel male or female. It’s like asking how does feeling non-human feel, how does having flesh feel, how does having a spine feel. It’s just a part of your being. If it was apparent or something non-invisible it would be incorrect ya know. Not essential to you.

>>17501658
Eh i totally get the argument, it usually is a sign you’ve settled for what’s popular.

>>17501669
Oh I’ve watched a ton of other anime, I just have a particular taste.

>>17501775

It’s Nietzsche stuff, to put it more simply, the Apollonian is the artificial, constructed, ideal, refined, imaginative, created and the beautiful/harmonious and the ornate. The Dionysian is the raw, the animalistic, desire based, Bestial, wild, unrefined, material.

This dichotomy is mostly a construct and doesn’t actually root in Greek thought but it has its uses. So I’m speaking of fantastical and internal/subjective stuff when I’m talking about the Apollonian.

>> No.17501851

>>17501768
Yes, it's like the annoying faux elitism of /a/. The most old-guard and possibly snobbish of any of the media boards yet the general level of taste and discussion is garbage.

>> No.17501890

>>17501726
I mean I understand the appeal of obscure and harder to find stuff but I think there’s a point where you lose having your own taste and make your picks based on what you think you SHOULD like and not on what you actually liked. Again I can rewatch any of the stuff I’ve listed and I think if you Skillfully translated them into live action shows, books and so forth, they’d also be pretty enjoyable works.

But I mean, I think you can draw a pretty clear outline of my tastes from the anime I selected, I think a lot of those types like you mention if they posted a chart, you really couldn’t make heads or tails of what they’re actually into.

On the other hand I do think if someone posts up, idunno, JoJo, naruto, dragon ball, and all of those other extremely popular anime that would also show they have no real taste/experience in watching the stuff and are just picking from their small pool. Which is again, fine. It just doesn’t tell us anything about their taste.

>> No.17501892

>>17501669
Anime fans in the west have an unhealthy obsession with obscurity. The more obscure an anime is, the more willing they are to overlook obvious flaws. For every genuinely good obscure anime I've been recommended on this site there have been at least two crappy ones that can't be enjoyed unless you focus on one specific aspect of the show and ignore all the obvious faults. I'd rather rewatch Berzerk and look like a pleb than waste brain cells trying to justify watching some forgettable 70s toy commercial "for the aesthetic."

>> No.17501899

>>17501794
So you're saying static and somewhat dull visuals are purposeful? I don't know about that cause I never sensed the intimation or even affectation of it. Seemed more like a limitation of budget + being an early 2000's two-cour tv series.

>> No.17501904

>>17501851
See, but I’m a pretentious bastard myself and say what you want, but the board culture of /a/ at times feels the most like old 4chan which is respectable. So many other boards get destroyed because the user base has no elitism at all.

>> No.17501909

>>17501848
>It’s Nietzsche stuf
No, I know. I’ve read Nietzsche. I’m just not really reading that into Monogatari.

>> No.17501933

>>17501899
In my eyes it’s 100% intentional. Same way the in-game lore is always portrayed as the most vague generic fantasy schlock possible, the gates are generic, the character designs are meant to be mass production characters inside a video game that you’d select. To me the slow and dull feeling is accurate to the actual experience of vidya, and hell the in-game drama is even pretty similar to how I’ve seen people argue over guilds and online servers. Slowly people forgetting their real lives for the online character, how these begin to blur and this is demonstrated the most crassly by the character of Tsukasa, who’s literally forgotten their real life and has been adapted by “the world” as the online becomes their world. Even forgetting their actual gender and history for the created one.

I personally think the entire point is showing what a generic internet world is aesthetically and how this sucks people up. It’s just not as visceral and potent as something like Lain is about it.

>> No.17501943

>>17501904
/a/ sucks because every discussion inevitably devolves into rabid waifu posting or insisting animeonlies aren’t real fans or something. They are rabid in their ignobility and there is no other reason /a/ sucks besides that one.

>> No.17501947

>>17501909
Oh fair enough, if you don’t see a theme or a contrast our opinions hold no difference in weight. Maybe on the rewatch my take will make more sense or your own will be reaffirmed. I definitely want to rewatch it again and with a finer comb go over it.

>> No.17501948

>>17501904
>feels the most like old 4chan which is respectable
I'm not denying that. Hell, mods have enforced board culture. But the sense of elitism seems to hinge more on that - being an original weeb, oldfag, and watching several hundred anime - and less on the media itself. The discussion level and taste is pretty shit imo.

>> No.17501949

>>17501892
I don't think anyone has to watch obscure things just for the sake of it, not much is even really "obscure" that's also good, but it depends a lot what circles you're in. I just like finding new things that are also good which I didn't know about before.

>> No.17501969

>>17501943
>>17501948

Interesting thing about /a/ is that it seems to have changed so incredibly little since its inception. They have the exact same arguments every day and while the animes change there are a handful that still get daily threads (like Eva, Yuru Yuri) despite the conversation never evolving. I guess this board is not entirely dissimilar...

>> No.17501973

>>17501943
Well yeah, but I find that autism fun honestly. The waifu arguments, the shitposting/trolling about which girl will win who, all that. But you gotta remember they’re not all looking for as heady of an experience as we are.

You ever read any Goethe, the middle-latter parts of Wilhelm Meister's Apprenticeship gave me the same feel of the kind of, spicy relationship drama that /a/ loves, obviously elevated because it’s Goethe but still. I think if more of them gave reading a shot they’d really enjoy it.

>> No.17501997

>>17501949
Totally and i mean, i compiled my list primarily for recommendations so I’m all ears myself.

>>17501969
Idunno, I’m into how it hasn’t changed much. I find it comfy how I can find a daily thread on some years old show and people still interested and posting and I can hop back in whenever I want.

I honestly think /lit/ has changed a lot in comparison.

>> No.17502013

>>17501969
/a/ has changed a little, but only in that it's gotten worse, like every other board

>> No.17502030

>>17502013
I go through cycles honestly, I’ll stay on a board for a while and it’s genuinely pretty fun, but then it reaches a height and a great fall, the quality and board culture changes too much and I just can’t relate any longer and move boards to some other topic. /a/ has been pretty static in this regard. What’s shocking to me is how much /b/ has changed both internally and in the context of the rest of the site and outside the site. In a way 4chan was largely /b/ + the other boards for the longest time.

>> No.17502040

>>17501997
Have you watched any Dezaki? If you liked Utena's directional style you'd probably like Dezaki.

>> No.17502050

>>17501997
>I’m into how it hasn’t changed much

Oh I'm not complaining, it's just amusing. That board is like a time capsule. It was my first board and whenever I pop back in it looks almost identical, except for a handful of new anime I've never heard of

>> No.17502051

>>17502040
Ye I’ve watched The Rose of Versailles and Lupin and a couple other stuff, I like it! Not my all time favorite but I definitely like it.

>> No.17502087

>>17502051
Yeah Rose of Versailles is good, I'd like to watch more from his work. Oniisama E... is quite good, probably one of my favorites from him. The last thing I remember getting a good discussion about on /a/ too.

>> No.17502109

I wish we could have VN threads here

>> No.17502117

>>17502109
I'd rather just have a VN board. VNs don't fit the culture here

>> No.17502124

>>17501933
Eh, I haven't finished it, I got like five eps. left and I'll watch them with the aesthetic stuff in mind. I definitely saw the blurring of reality and the digital though.
I think I just got somewhat of a problem with series purposely dulling it's quality in some aspect for meta statement (like Haruhi E8). While I could understand purposeful genericness here (not the generic amplified to a certain aesthetic but the actual plain generic) I don't think it would justify the use of it because a work should still, in some psychically objective way, be aesthetically palatable (if that makes sense) otherwise you are basically making purposeful bad art. Think aesthetic ugliness vs. actual ugliness.
You're make quality posts btw. Out of curiosity have you read Beautiful Fighting Girl?

>> No.17502139

>>17502109
Giving the weebs a strong foothold like that would just lead to a bigger infestation. At the moment they realize they're not technically wanted here so their conversation is unusually high quality.

>> No.17502154

>>17502117
True I guess.

>> No.17502179
File: 1.52 MB, 1125x1392, 1609971218966.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just want an innocent brown-eyed girl to squat and take a steaming shit down my throat.

>> No.17502190

>>17502109
Visual novels are one thing I’ve yet to deep dive.

>>17502124
I mean it might not be for you Anon, I’m very much in favor of “if you don’t like it, drop it” whether it comes to books or anime or anything else. Man I’m probably gonna obliterate your perception of my taste but I LIKED the endless 8. Because I looked for details in every episode and the dull repetition REALLY hit. I think it being able to induce a wanted affect is a positive. I do agree a work should be objectively aesthetically pleasing, I define aesthetic pleasure as when an aesthetic transmit in a satisfying way some idea or host of ideas. So to me I feel like I got the idea and feeling from both of these two so to me, they were aesthetically appropriate.

I definitely agree on the aesthetic ugly vs actual ugly, but even then, I think the sublime itself can have an equal opposite in genuine ugliness, the sublate can be very appealing and not just in a decadent/edgy way.

And nah I haven’t seen that anime, ought I watch it anon?

>> No.17502196

>>17502139
It’s the weebs that ruin quality conversation, huh?

>>17502179
>>17502179
>>17502179

>> No.17502201

>>17502196
Unfortunately the coomers make their own footholds

>> No.17502202

>>17502139
I think at most you should have Light-novel threads because those are fundamentally just books/YA lit but filled to the brim with anime tropes and aesthetics. Ya guys think western YA will eventually copy the light novel stuff in order to sell to more young men? Or is it already doing that? I don’t read YA so I haven’t a clue.

>> No.17502204

>>17502190
>Visual novels are one thing I’ve yet to deep dive.
Same here. I don’t really know how to get into them. Where do I even buy them? Am I too old to enjoy VNs if I’m 27?

>> No.17502211

>>17502196
I honestly just find coomer posts boring. I don’t get why they don’t just go and jerk off or the like instead of declaring to the entire board “hey guys, look at me! This girl gets me horny!” And they don’t even do it in a bataile like way where the base desire is overpowering and fascinating to observe. It’s very limp.

>> No.17502218

>>17502211
A bit of insult to Bataille isn’t it?

>> No.17502228

>>17502202
It's not currently a thing as far as I've seen (most of my YA exposure is through youtube though, which is largely women). I could see it happening if the sales of LNs in the west keep growing to the point where there is an actual market to tap into but at the moment it seems like young men just aren't worth the effort.

>> No.17502237

What do bros?

Handed in my two weeks at my call center job because call center work is soul suckingly awful. My supervisor let me know that there is a more clerical position open that looks like there's still a little bit of phone work but not much. While any kind of income is good I also really want to focus on getting some kind of marketing/copywriting job as I feel that's what I'd be most happy with and there are several things I plan on doing to help me achieve that but it's stuff that will take time and mental energy that I probably wouldn't have if I'm still working 40 hours a week. I'm in a good place financially but at the same time trying to move out of my parents house and I'm worried about just how fucked the job market is while the coof is still in full force.

>> No.17502245

>>17502202
>Ya guys think western YA will eventually copy the light novel stuff in order to sell to more young men?
No. There’s unique characteristics about Japan that lend themselves to their LNs which we don’t have here and probably won’t have here.

>> No.17502256

>>17502237
I don’t see why you can’t do the clerical job while also looking for copywriting. Just don’t put too much stock in your job if you ask me.

>> No.17502257
File: 67 KB, 828x351, A7D9A09C-81B3-4EB8-AAE6-132A74316C9F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17502204
I mean, I’ve got friends who are into them. I’m pretty sure they just pirate the stuff or use steam and the like.

I feel like the visual novel from what exposure I do have, is low quality but has high potential. Theoretically a high quality VN would just be an excellent piece of writing which is paired with relevant beautifully made images and music, but you’re not getting William Blake’s who create masterful paintings and poetry, you’re getting schlock replications.

I read this book, “ Otaku: Japan's Database Animals” which gives both an otaku, historical and post modern analysis of the anime/manga industry and culture/fan base, and I found the main point to be very very relevant. He argues that Anime and to a larger extent the fanfic manga and VN scene are highly representative of a kind of post author post originality consumption model. Where people stop caring about having an actual narrative to their story, stop caring about character depth or the like and begin to fixate on data points, like hyper accentuated tropes, characters as check marks off of a list of potential data points/tropes and people do not ever become satisfied. A fanfic manga can become a best seller for this reason, the biggest anime’s just recycle archetypes of character design and personality and dedicated fanbases will absorb and analyze these categories and the like.

It’s kinda like a wiki page ya know, people just want their quick information packets sorted in different shuffles and whatever else happens doesn’t really matter. I find this is really accurate in my own experience.

>> No.17502285

>>17502218
Oh totally but I mean, I think that’s what they’re Trying for when they make posts about “oh I want this beautiful brown eye girl to shit on my chest” they want to show vitality, the corrupt aspect of Eros, over indulgence and so forth. So while it’s pretty boring I think a lot of the posters want that kind of feeling ya know?

>>17502228
Yeah feels like reading even YA garbage is too much to ask for since reading for pleasure is pretty uncommon these days. Compared to historical levels anyways.

>>17502245
What do ya think those characteristics are?

>> No.17502300

>>17502257
>Otaku: Japan's Database Animals
I know the book. It sounded interesting but I really am out off by the whole post-modern analyst and critical theory of media applied to anime and manga. Especially since 99% of these books seem to be written by Westerners. I can’t say whether it or you are right or wrong though.

>> No.17502306

>>17502190
I figured you did like E8, and I think I get what some people see in it, I just don't feel it myself. The idea is transmitted, but not pleasingly. Repetition and dullness did not work to a higher aesthetic end for me as I did not feel that feeling properly aestheticized in any way other than it was repetitive and dull. It did not express a purpose beyond conveying the idea itself. That's how I can word it right now at least.
>I think the sublime itself can have an equal opposite in genuine ugliness
Ehh, I guess I'm just gonna have to disagree right now. I think any appealing ugliness has to be aesthetically tailored some way, whether in portraying the ugliness itself or in some relational contrast. Maybe I'm still a long way to develop taste though.
And Beautiful Fighting girl is an academic book I'm currently reading that takes a Lacanian look at otaku and the 'beautiful fighting girl' archetype in anime/manga. Gets into reality-simulation merger, and digital-age new sexual psychology quite a bit. It'll probably interest you.

>> No.17502353

OW OW OW OW! AUGHHH! AUGH! OUCH! OW! MY STOMACH HURTS, BOYS!

>> No.17502358

>>17502257
I don't find it that accurate in my experience of otaku media but it might be true in terms of overall trends.

>> No.17502363
File: 43 KB, 150x150, arya gaze.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17498421
I realized today that there is nothing more beautiful and erotic than the nude body an eight-year-old girl.

>> No.17502374

>>17502109
we already have weebs and man children posting "IS (videogame) /lit/ " threads, we dont need to make things worse

>> No.17502378

>>17502285
Not the original coom poster but when I make statements like "I want to do x to girl/fictional character" there's something in creating a sexual object and scenario of the figure. Imposing that spreads the image and can create a collective sexualization of it. It's maybe the feeling of creating a sexual energy and maelstrom out of the desire, enlarging and validating the lust. It's a habit I feel probably comes the repression of it irl.

>> No.17502379

>>17502285
>What do ya think those characteristics are?
Well, take Monogatari for example. That’s a perfect example of a light novel which never could have existed in the West. It’s subtle use of wordplay, it’s reliance on tropes common to a certain subculture, it’s setting, aesthetics, everything about it is uniquely Japanese. Without that subculture or that language or that art to be the soil it grows out of, it probably never sprouts. Furthermore, some of these are simply too taboo to ever get the go ahead over here. They’re largely tolerated in translation because we form a subculture which buys them and because they’re imports but if they were domestic, they would never get published. The climate is simply too hostile. There’s also a degree to which the Japanese simply are more interested in these things than modern Westerners seem to be. I don’t really know what that thing is but it’s there and we don’t have it, at least not anymore.

>> No.17502391

>>17502374
The answer is yes though. Evangelion is, in fact, /lit/ and so is a Nier Automata.

>> No.17502400

>>17502391
kill yourself

>> No.17502407

>>17502300
Entirely reasonable

>>17502306
It’s fine to disagree, I understand your point though. thanks for the recommendation Anon I’ll download the book and give it a go. And I mean, taste isn’t something that’s a universal linear thing. My aesthetics derive from my own particular taste, ideas, virtues and the theories on aesthetics I’ve read. I think quality is a much better discussion than taste always. I rather discuss what constitutes high quality usage of boredom and ugliness than taste in these things know what I mean.

But yeah I’ll check the book out.

>>17502358
Really? You don’t see it in stuff like love live ?

>> No.17502417

I just finished a cigarette that has further ashed my lungs in this concubine of solitude, confining me to that stale air circulating along a proliferating desire for release. These walls appear to pester this delirium even further, exemplifying my covert vestibule with doors that shall remain sealed shut, gathering dust under the endurance of diligence and patience.

As I listen to the Portugese words guided by the vibrant sound of acoustic strings, drowning out the silence of the desolate curfew, I can not help but to conjure up the consoling depictions of a sunny beach, aiding me to stray once more from this current regulation.

I maintain that hope, carrying me forth through the dreary customs of shared conservation-- vigilance grown from habit.

I will not be placated by complacency, and one day I will lie in the sun, far away from where I now type these words.

>> No.17502424

>>17502407
I mean I see it, it just isn't how I experience it, I think a lot of otaku media is still pretty interested in character development and story, it just does so within the mixing and matching of these "typical boxes and data points". There is stuff like love live which feels exceptionally shallow but I don't think most of what's being produced necessarily fits that extreme. I feel a liveliness, emotionality and creative expressiveness in even fairly generic or superficial anime and manga works which I don't sense in much modern western work.

>> No.17502440

>>17502379
I agree and disagree with some points. You can of course produce Western word play and play around with western culture and tweak a few things and you’re good but I agree the sexualization and power fantasies wouldn’t really pass in a western market. I think it’s a question of how much anime will continue to spread among the youth. Because a lot of normal young people watch anime these days and talk about it, that has to have a big effect on youth culture and by this, the products they COOMSOOM.

>>17502378
I feel ya, you should check out the story of the eye or the solar anus, gets into that kind of vitalist feeling especially story of the eye is about sexualization corrupting and making even normative things become filled with a kind of energetic charge from erotic fixation. Again to me it’s the same root feeling that is refined in bataile, Rimbaud, Lautréamont and even de Sade. The freedom and excessive indulgence within the desires.

>> No.17502452

>>17502440
I feel like young people kind of want to "colonize" anime and make it palateable to modern western sensibilities, the common "popular acceptable opinion" is to express discomfort at or make fun of the sexualization in anime, as well as the typical tropes which are somewhat unique to the medium.

>> No.17502453

>>17502424
That’s pretty fair, but then again I think we both try to avoid the shallower works, I’ll plainly admit though I don’t really watch normal TV unless it’s something some of my irl friends says is worth my time or I come across. I’m sure the generic western program is just as if not more vapid and formulaic. I still think it’s fascinating how influential that mixing of atomic tropes is in media in general. And I’m not even against it, because you can still utilize it to a good purpose like you’re saying.

>> No.17502463

>>17502452
I kinda see both attitudes, you have the embarrassed at the sexualization and so forth types but you also get the acceptable edgelords who will wear the ahegao hoody in public. Like my nephews will go that mode even.

>> No.17502464

>>17502440
I read Story of the Eye. I find that whole ilk you mention fascinating. Was gonna wait till I got fluent in french to really delve, particularly into the poets. de Sade is certainly a writer I think does fine in translation though, lel.

>> No.17502481

>>17502453
True but I do watch some things like isekai or cutegirl type shows which would be pretty easy to fit in those boxes and can find something in them even if I wouldn't call them great beyond a bit of entertainment. I think idol anime is really some of the worst, or almost anything adapted from collect-a-girl style gacha games. Even then I can find exceptions I like. I feel like the mixing and matching comes to a point where it's like you're viewing the creator's ideal characters and aesthetic atmosphere come through. When some depth or good storycrafting is mixed in with that you can get something really great, even if it doesn't happen too often.

>> No.17502496

>>17502463
True but even those edgelords are often hiding behind a layer of "irony" with it, if only to seem acceptable to others. Expressing a sincere enjoyment of something like fanservice seems taboo in most spaces that aren't a bubble for that sort of thing.

>> No.17502507

>>17502481
Oh again I’m not even against this style. I actually have a project I have in mind for the future using this exact kind of mix and matching for a philosophy heavy novel.

But I agree idol and gacha based stuff is probably some of the worst, and I’ll show my shit taste, I enjoy re:zero, Konosuba and the like. I’ve no shame in admitting it.

But i think there’s something a lot of people would call me out on but I maintain it, being a copy or following a formula isn’t bad if you do it well/perfectly. A perfectly executed work can take a normative formula and really elevate the experience.

>> No.17502519

>>17502496
Totally but I feel that’s youth culture as a whole, afraid to express sincere interest and like in anything so you need to coat everything in irony, satire and absurdity just because you’re afraid of the group. I see that so much honestly.

>> No.17502541

>>17502507
I like those too, it's fine. Re:zero is even a pretty decent story some of the time, though I think it'd need some editing and revision from what it is to really be something more. I agree with you that well executed formula can turn out great, and often even formulaic works will twist that formula in some large or small way, and it's entertaining to see what can come out of that.

>> No.17502545

>>17502440
I just don’t see it happening. I’ve even noticed that Westerners don’t receive the tropes in the same way. I always point to the femboy trope. Westerners tend to take it very seriously when a femboy character is introduced but the Japanese mind it’s mostly just a device that’s supposed to shock you and make you a bit uncomfortable, in a funny way. Another example is to consider how many LNs take place in high schools and how sexualize they are. So there’s this whole current of tropes, imagery, cultural icons, settings, and tapping into things swirling around over there that we just don’t have here and almost can’t have over here. We fundamentally approach reality in different way. Now, you could say “well, we could just use our own culturally relevant tropes, our own depiction of reality” and yeah that’s true but none of this is going to get published and frankly, our reality is a bit well, tired. There’s no way to tap into a youthful sexual energy or any sort of culture tangential to it without causing a tsunami of moral outrage and even if if it didn’t, it just wouldn’t get published. I’m very pessimistic about the state of literature and media in the West to be honest and I just don’t see anything sort of new or resembling what they have over there with this climate.

>> No.17502552

I completely used my last gf just to get more confident in sex and dating in general. It was pretty horrible of me, and at times I deeply regret it, but at the same time it worked.

>> No.17502572

>>17502452
Actually, there’s a very loud and increasingly assertive crowd in the West who doesn’t want to colonize anime but rather wants to totally suffocate it and stamp it for various sorts of perceived social and artistic transgressions. You know these people...

As for the rest, who are basically totally neutered culturally, I don’t even think it’s true that they want to colonize anime. They might like anime, they might even love anime, but mostly it’s either a product or a tool to them. It’s something they can use for things like fashion, memes, or something to simply watch and talk about. Those who are interested in anime as a cultural art, or just art for that matter, are in the minority. I could see anime being banned here within 50 years.

>> No.17502586

>>17502507
Re:Zero is excellent. I will admit that I’ve been a bit disappointed by S2 but S1 was great and had me feeling like that whole series was going explore some of its themes on a really deep level, like only a handful actually do. Konosuba is great for what it is, which is just feel good entertainment and subversion of the isekai genre.

>> No.17502599

>>17502545
I agree. Another thing I've seen is westerners making a big deal of the "loli who is 700 years old" type of character and joking or legitimately thinking they exist to "excuse" pedophilia with the character's mental age. "No officer she's actually 700" type thing. The thing is I'm pretty sure this mentality or joke is much more subdued in Japanese otaku if it's there at all, since I don't think having an "excuse" really has anything to do with why these characters exist at all. It's more like a combination gap moe from contradicting traits + fulfilling a specific fetish or taste for trope the same way immortal/vampire teens do in YA or other anime, just for lolicons instead. There's plenty of sexualized little girl characters that are exactly the age they look like in anime, after all. I think realizing that would just put westerners off of anime even more though

>> No.17502601
File: 60 KB, 1280x720, 6D829C6E-9C29-4819-8E03-F377B6D40E24.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17502507
>Konosuba
>tfw you realize there will never be a S3

>> No.17502602

>>17500489
What I would say is to get out and get a job - any job, just make money, do some work and then at least you would have money, but the way you phrase it seems like you have some deeper rooted problem. You said you are be able to diagnose the issues, but something is preventing you from doing them and improving your life.

I'm not a psychologist, and I don't know you, so I can't really tell you what to do and honestly, nobody on a random imageboard on the internet is able to help you.

I would recommend some sort of counseling, look for a psychologist, not because you're mentally ill, but because you're lost in life and you don't know what to do or how to progress. This psychologist would ask questions about your life, he or she will get to know you and he would be able to give your credible advice.

You walk up to your parents and you tell them that you're lost and you need help. Then either they will be kind and pay for it or you would probably have to find a shitty job to pay for it. This will probably be a long project - probably taking 5+ years but the sooner your start building it the better

>> No.17502609

>>17502541
Totally.

>>17502545
I mean, I of course agree that stuff like the femboy which is humor to the Easterner has become a literal mind poison for a lot of youth here because our Apollonian aspect is so drowned.

I agree and find it odd that the west is so sexualized and secular, and yet so moralistic about sexuality, and so many without a genuine moral or religious reason either honestly.

I agree there’s a difference in reality approach and there’s an exhaustion in the west but, I honestly blame that on economic, philosophical and cultural reasons. Starting with Nietzsche to the post moderns/existentialists but also just the pragmatic bent of western art in general, we over fixated on being down to earth, on the gritty and so forth. To the point where that’s basically done and it’s boring now. But I think there’s still potential on the small scale for high quality art because it just takes one or two people to refine their base desires and aesthetics and boom you have a unique and fantastical work.

Maybe we won’t have a similar boom to theirs but I do believe we will have artistic change whether we like the art or not.

Here’s an example of that popular boring gritty style vs a fantastical style. I know it’s a memey choice but it shows my point well.

Popular gritty style=

Today we honor our three captains
For their actions and impact in
A time of uncertainty and need.
They’ve taken the lead,
Exceeding all expectations and limitations
Uplifting their communities and neighbors
As leaders, healers, and educators.

James has felt the wounds of warfare,
But this warrior still shares
His home with at-risk kids.
During Covid, he’s event lent a hand,
Live-streaming football for family and fans.

Trimaine is an educator who works nonstop,
Providing his community with hotspots,
Laptops, and tech workshops,
So his students have all the tools
They need to succeed in life and school.

Suzie is the ICU nurse manager at a Tampa Hospital.
Her chronicles prove that even in tragedy, hope is possible.
She lost her grandmothers to the pandemic,
And fights to save other lives in the ICU battle zone,
Defining the frontline heroes risking their lives for our own.

Let us walk with these warriors,
Charge on with these champions,
And carry forth the call of our captains!
We celebrate them by acting
With courage and compassion,
By doing what is right and just.
For while we honor them today,
It is them who every day honor us.

The older fantastical style=

Ah Sun-flower! weary of time,
Who countest the steps of the Sun:
Seeking after that sweet golden clime
Where the travellers journey is done.

Where the Youth pined away with desire,
And the pale Virgin shrouded in snow:
Arise from their graves and aspire,
Where my Sun-flower wishes to go.

I see entirely different worlds in these two; and while the latter poem is much elder it has so much more vitality and power to produce a different vision. This is refinement.

>> No.17502611

>>17502601
Princess Connect by the same director is not quite as funny but pretty comfy and has a similar feel.

>> No.17502672

>>17502609
Good example. I could honestly go one forever all the things that I see as a cause but none of them really matter because at the end of the day, the whole thing is almost too complex to really analyze and I wouldn’t have a solution if I could.

>> No.17502682

>>17502611
Yeah. I’ve seen it. I suppose it is a bit similar albeit not quite the same.

>> No.17502854

I wish I could just quit my job and do what I want to do.

>> No.17502931

>>17502854
you and 99% of wageslaves

>> No.17502990

I'm about to do something that I'm going to regret.

>> No.17502995

>>17502990
don’t do it!

>> No.17502998

>>17502990
What is it

>> No.17503001

>>17502998
Masturbate to loli porn.

>> No.17503004

>>17503001
No one cares, go ahead

>> No.17503042

>>17503001
It's a drawing nigga. They ain't even depictions of real people.

>> No.17503047

>>17499074
>testosterone supplements
Nigger, don't be a pussy and just take testosterone itself. Supplements are a scam and work 1/100th as well as actual roids, often for the same price. A vial of test 400 will last you ten weeks and cost 80 bucks. Lurk streroid forums and browse eroids dot com for a good source. Also learn about what you're taking before actually taking anything.

>> No.17503081

>>17502931
Nah. The biggest red pill for me honestly was realizing that the large majority of the “people” I work with, don’t just tolerate it, but actually find some sick sense of enjoyment in it.

>> No.17503308

>>17502611
Shows like Princess Connect and Konosuba are appealing for the sense of adventure but they also are appealing for the scenes of serenity. It remind me how desperately I want the world, life to just slow down.
https://youtu.be/JhiU4IAZtug

>> No.17503334

I'm finally reading a novel side by side with translation, and my god, people weren't kidding about translators taking liberties

>> No.17503394

>>17503308
Man I really don't get the fucking Knosuba wank. I didn't laugh once. So many better shows for the SoL aspect too.

>> No.17503455

i changed my diet and am losing weight quickly but now my hormones are out of balance and i am in horrible, horrible pain. my back and stomach hurt so much and the pain is so severe and acute that i nearly threw up at the onset. i feel like shit and i just want to eat a pastry or something like that. i cannot even focus on my reading right now. bros, when you feel really ill, how do you distract yourselves?

>> No.17503466

>>17503455
i focus on the pain

>> No.17503470

>>17503334
What languages? With some language you sadly kind of have to if you want it to still sound remotely good, but sometimes the translator is just inserting themselves or being a dumbass.

>> No.17503476

>>17503466
thank you johnny

>> No.17503522

Sometimes I really wonder why am I bothering with the dumb paranoid cunt

>> No.17503550

>>17503522
gf or mother?

>> No.17503766

I'm tired of seeing her suffer. I'm referring to a cachectic hamster though. She's all I have

>> No.17503779

>>17501026
Faggot.

>> No.17503795

>>17503779
Post a 4x4

>> No.17503814

>>17503766
Sorry about your hamster anon. They don't tend to have long lives. I hope she gets better.

>> No.17503822

>>17501598
Sorry anon, I hope some sunlight comes through your windows.

>> No.17503829

>>17503470
Japanese. I don't blame him, the gulf in grammar is huge.

>> No.17503836

>>17503814
thanks anon. Her tumor has been eating her alive. Vet says a few more weeks

>> No.17503851

>>17499445
>and sometimes I chuck

>> No.17503860

>>17500432
Vagabond, because it's great.

>> No.17503862

>>17503836
Have you considered donating her to the rghm?

>> No.17503882
File: 268 KB, 979x1210, 282.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Got given a new phone recently from some family, it's the new S21 ultra... feels good to have some semi-fancy tech for the first time... but it's also just a phone.

>> No.17503930

>>17503829
Yeah Japanese is a bitch to translate. Do you have any reccomendations for Japanese lit? I learned it to read weebshit but I'd like to try improving my skills with actual literature.

>> No.17503989

>>17503930
The primary bridge between weebshit and actual literature is Nisio Isin's Monogatari series.
>>17503829
Japanese translation issues are largely caused by hubris rather than grammar.

>> No.17504032

>>17501519
They say that im just making excuses and being lazy in general. Sure i understand that everyone has fear and doubts but fear paralises every aspect in my life rather than moving out.
>>17502602
Yeah, that seems like it could be solution. Thanks for kind words.

>> No.17504050

>>17498955
psychedelics could help

>> No.17504073

>>17503550
Its someone who I've been trying to get to for the past year or so as if this is not proof enough for her yet she still would not communicate though I probably can make her if I exploited my understanding of her and the many opportunities that she unwittingly present she has no problem talking to others and it makes me wonder how many people she actually got involved

>> No.17504081

https://youtu.be/xDPwfU9sjWs?t=3003

>> No.17504085

first post in several weeks... i got out... why am i back?

>> No.17504092

>>17504085
What are you talking about? You never left, been seeing you post several times a day.

>> No.17504306
File: 27 KB, 600x399, Esgk90HW4AUgm5U.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17504092

>> No.17504569

>>17501647
I only did one bit of sandpapering yesterday on one little separate thing, I think it was a console panel or summat like that, so I don't really know about that, and basically other than yesterday making some bits and bobs for a boat, the only thing I'd made is like fuckin dinner so I don't really known how good I've got it compared to working on cars and stuff. At least its a very easy job, unless you're completely braindead, so it's really not that bad apart from the smell and everything fuckin sticking to your hands, but then there'll be a Russian guy trying to convince you that the pyramids were made by aliens which makes you forget about it all.

>> No.17505201 [DELETED] 
File: 62 KB, 976x850, frog picture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>talk to girls from /tg/
>always glasses-wearing white women approaching their 30s that desperately want to be raped by dogs and orcs
>pretend to be anti-feminist yet their entire ethos is centered around their lack of self-control and promiscuity
>always brags about their college degree if they have one
Books that explain this phenomenon?

>> No.17505218
File: 80 KB, 200x230, 1608506711315.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17505201
>girls from /tg/
hmmmm

>> No.17505224

>>17503930
apparently the Japanese translation of the Koran surpasses all versions in English and is the closest translation to the original

>> No.17505230

>>17503455
I used to be overweight and I can say that losing weight will 110% improve your back pain and many of your random other pains. It's insane how many different issues are causes by the extra pounds. Make sure your diet is sensible and sustainable but don't give up, in a year you will feel so much better than you can imagine right now. If your pain is genuinely severe then consider seeing a doctor just to talk through what you're doing and how you plan to keep it going. There could either be some kind of medical issue behind it or he will reassure you that things will get better, either option helps.

As for distractions when reading doesn't work sometimes mindless internet browsing does. That is a bad habit in itself but it's not as bad as giving up your diet.

>> No.17505237

>>17505218
A few of them shared breasts with me in the past. Also please don't reply to that fren I moved it over to the /QTDDTOT/ thread.

>> No.17505297

>>17505237
With this post move, the thread of continuity is severed. Restore the post to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed world you have created.

>> No.17505300

>>17505297
I replayed Morrowind 2 months ago and it sucked after the first initial 20-30 hour aimless wandering phase. Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

>> No.17505318

I'm considering writing a philosophical text (largely aphorism-based). I haven't read much philosophy relative to poetry or prose, but I believe the thing that turns most readers off from philosophy is the reliance on exceedingly dense descriptions, invented terminology, and the other typical trappings. People may label me a midwit, but I'd like to make philosophy more approachable, and, above all else, contribute new thoughts instead of just reinterpreting someone else's.

>> No.17505323
File: 155 KB, 761x1345, Dairy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17505218
plenty of big titted women on 4chan, surprisingly

>> No.17505372

>>17505323
Why are women whores like this

>> No.17505385

I write 3000 words a day but they are all disconnected notes

>> No.17505395

>>17505385
That's ok anon, you can find a way to join them later. Any amount of writing per day is impressive, 3000 particularly so

>> No.17505398

>>17505372
Mental illness.

>> No.17505404

Said a whole host of horrible ugly things last weekend while on a manic bender; spewed my sordid thoughts on anyone that would listen. Truly ugly thoughts, mad, crazy things I'd had bottling up inside of me for months - all of it gushing out of me in one vile endless torrent. I've been invited to another party this weekend but I feel like it's an ambush. As though as soon as I walk in everybody will pounce on me, pull down my pants, throw a pie in my face.

>> No.17505417

>>17505404
So let them do it? The beauty of life has always been in its aberrant expressions. Or maybe get a hold of yourself, stay home, and act in what you've seemingly determined to be your best interest.

>> No.17505445

>>17505404
be honest: did you say the word.

>> No.17505450

Damn i miss travelling. I'm not going to whine too much because I was very lucky to travel when I could. There's something very special about the books you read while travelling. Those days when you're all alone, tired, spent, and beat, reading a book in a lonely bed in a foreign land. I miss the slummy hotel rooms, the strange smells, diving into a good book. I miss it!

>> No.17505460

>>17505450
i read antifragile on a 3k mile road trip and it was quite memorable.

>> No.17505795
File: 137 KB, 771x882, Aryan sociopath.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Peak activity times /lit/: between 3:00 P.M. and 7:00 P.M.
Dead zones on /lit/: between 5:00 A.M. and 7:00 A.M
Most successful /lit/ threads by reply count: 4 of them are generals, 1 Bible thread, 1 shill thread (Gardner), 1 blog thread, 2 threads about books/authors and 1 thread about recent poetry award winner
Pics are assorted and random, although 3 of them have authors as pic related.
With this info I will design threads that will attract the most replies and (You)s.

>> No.17505968

Here I sit,
Broken-hearted.
Came to shit,
But only farted.

>> No.17505993

>>17505404
Be more specific. Also I feel you, have ruined a lot of relationships this way. My coping strategy with manic rants has worked great the last couple of years.

1. Limit contact with normal people to a few hours (or whatever timespan you can act civilized)
2. Ensure whatever rants escape are positive and are done for entertainment value.
3. Only go all out when OTHER people are drunk
4. Find outlet for negativity: lifting, martial arts, writing. DO NOT SEARCH FOR LIKE MINDED PEOPLE. Dunking and raging on shitposters is acceptable, but only if you don't partake in the community.

My life is now exceptionally stable and productive (top tier PhD and head of happy household).

Repenting is not weakness. Godspeed anon.

>> No.17506053

Feel like an idiot for not realizing that the company I've kept these past 5 years where in much better financial positions than myself. I knew this of course but it didn't become painful up until recently. My friends are useless, upper middle class midwits. I'm no better but my family and I lack 1/4 the wealth they have and this fact has evaded me for so long. What I'm concerned with is that their retarded takes and diatribes on German idealists and word salads on the failure of intersectionality has infected me and my own personal morality. Why did I choose to become 'interesting' when I could have gotten rich?

>> No.17506076

>>17505993

>> No.17506082

Wheres that difference between good and great writer?

>> No.17506093
File: 1.02 MB, 400x226, 1571764473439.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17503851
Fuck you

>> No.17506117

>>17506082
That's hard to figure out. The difference between bad and good is really very large, but seeing a work of art and trying to pinpoint just what exactly elevates to that level of greatness is difficult

>> No.17506294

>>17505230
thank you anon. i used to be 275 and i am 150 or so—not even clinically overweight now—but i have a few pounds to shed still and i paused my diet and restarting is an ass pain! i won’t give up though. i’m pretty determined. thank you so much for the encouragement. i will talk to my doctor. congratulations to you for taking the initiative and losing the weight!

>> No.17506778

I had a dream I rode on a friends moped around town eventually to a cute girls house where we cuddled in bed with her dogs.

>> No.17506829

>>17506778
sounds pleasant

>> No.17506901

>>17506829
:( it was a really good dream and I was very sad to wake up. I miss my friends. I miss the touch of a woman.

>> No.17506917

I inherited nothing but debt from my father.

>> No.17506947

>>17506917
based. i really don't see the point of dying debt free either, to what end? ah yes you repaid the bank dad big whop
if anything you should resent him for creating and burdening you with life, not debt

>> No.17506972

>>17498421
>grey helminthic folds, writhing

>> No.17507082
File: 31 KB, 660x350, 4D3C9F45-7EC5-49F8-9A61-BE8CEE1D9E38.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17499388
>I'm becoming terrified by the prospect that we live in an age where nothing can actually be said without falling into digressions, irony, meta-speech etc
Pic. related. the ideological-kinetic feedback of the unrestricted mind fuckwar eventually is refined back into plain speaking Darwinian selection pressures, because it is indeed both fake & gay & entropic —

>>17498459
>Pushkin
Provincialism, local rivalry, regionalism — is the engine of culture, whether Dante’s Florence or Goethe’s Weimar:

> "One is mistaken, however, if one thinks that Germany's unity should be expressed in the form of one large capital city, and that this great city might benefit the masses in the same way that it might benefit the development of a few outstanding individuals.

>”To be sure, the state has been compared to a living body with many parts, and a state's capital thus might be compared to the heart, which supports the life and well-being of its near and distant parts. If the parts are very far from the heart, however, the flow of life will become weaker and weaker. A thoughtful Frenchman, I believe Daupin, has drawn up a map regarding the state of culture in France, indicating the higher or lower level of enlightenment of its various 'Departements' by lighter or darker colors. There we find, especially in the southern provinces, far away from the capital, some `Departements' painted entirely in black, indicating a complete cultural darkness. Would this be the case if the beautiful France had ten centers, instead of just one, from which light and life radiated?

> "Then think about cities such as Dresden, Munich, Stuttgart, Kassel, Braunschweig, Hannover, and similar ones; think about the energy that these cities represent; think about the effect they have on neighboring provinces, and ask yourself, if all of this would exist if such cities had not been the residences of princes for a long time.

>"Frankfurt, Bremen, Hamburg, Luebeck are large and brilliant, and their impact on the prosperity of Germany is incalculable. Yet, would they remain what they are if they were to lose their independence and be incorporated as provincial cities into one great German Empire? I have reason to doubt this."

You’ll have to parse it yourself, but being formally in the not-State ward class of persons now or historically isn’t trivial.

>> No.17507113

New thread.
>>17507105
>>17507105
>>17507105

>> No.17507152
File: 47 KB, 500x500, CC59B6D6-C3EC-4D81-9632-92CA7F5394CD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17499696
>4th Position
>4th Turning
>4th Industrial Revolution
>’Great Reset’
These are monumental times, and will decide whether we open the firmament frontier for a space cowboy reprise of Manifest Destiny, or if humanity is bound like Prometheus to this rock indefinitely and socially engineered into a beknighted cosmopolitan slave race for a breakaway civilization/societies to feast on. The Brahmin will give way to the Kshatriya once the bluff is called

>>17500420
Based