[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 15 KB, 200x200, cover1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17475886 No.17475886 [Reply] [Original]

>tfw you want to be religious but don't know which holy book to pick and don't want to go to hell
Which holy book do you believe? Why is it so hard to pick the right one anons. All I want is to stop being a nihilistic shithead and believe in a higher purpose, but I just can't. I tried the Bible, Qur'an, larped as a pagan, even read a bit about Hinduism. Why is it so hard to believe

>> No.17475888

it’s called melancholia sweatie

>> No.17475893

You have to become intoxicated- rationality won't get you very far. I suggest starting a spiritual practice like meditation, chanting, prayer and seeing where it leads you.

>> No.17475894

Because you're reading without putting it into practice.
Get off the internet, put down your books, get on your knees, and ask God for help. None of us can give you advice.
https://youtu.be/girbk4odqC8

>> No.17475896

>>17475886
The following problem of consciousness is proof of God: How does the brain convert electrical nerve signals into non-physical phenomena like Vision and Hearing

Secondly there are many prophecies in the Bible such as Christ appearing right before the Destruction of the Second Temple, and the covenant being made with the Gentiles, so that the religions would be all over the world

>> No.17475904

>>17475886
because you eat processed food and probably drink tap water you fucking retard. urbanoid rat. the men who founded religions lived in deserts, primordial spaces. what the fuck did you think you were going to find reading leviticus at a red light?

>> No.17475907

>>17475893
>rationality won't get you very far
I tried to do this when I was struggling with wagecucking. My mother said to "just stop thinking/turn off your brain" an maybe that is the secret, but it feels wrong to dumb yourself down to tolerate things, I refuse.
>meditation, chanting, prayer
I might try meditating and chanting, prayer didn't do much for me. Although maybe it is because I don't actually believe

>> No.17475913

>>17475894
>get on your knees, and ask God for help
I've done this many times, I've asked God to guide me to the correct faith. But I never get an answer. It would make sense if God abandoned me though, as I have not lived a Godly life. I wouldn't blame him

>> No.17475914

>>17475907
The key to prayer is to inflame yourself in prayer, do it with fury and passion, pouring out your interior. Prayer is not about asking for things, it is communication with the God of creation. Study your New Testament and psalms sure, but pray, pray and pray, if you want a beginner text to help you with practice, read “brother Lawrence” it’s an incredibly short work and will teach you how to experience the Holy Spirit with a calmer method if you do not think the fiery method feasible.

But really, pour your energy and fire into it, do not worry about belief, invoke like you were an actor giving a strong soliloquy. And continuously do this until you are absolutely empty.

>> No.17475915

>>17475886
Christianity is probably your safest bet. Jews don't believe in Hell, righteous Christians still go to Heaven according to Islam, and everybody else believe you just reincarnate which is like whatever dude, however. Christianity explicitly states you will go to Hell if you don't except Jesus Christ as your lord and savior.

>> No.17475919

>>17475896
>The following problem of consciousness is proof of God: How does the brain convert electrical nerve signals into non-physical phenomena like Vision and Hearing
I have no doubts that there is some sort of divine purpose/creator. The problem is knowing what religion is correct, and knowing what this God wants. All I want is to serve the true God, not serve random billionaires.

>> No.17475920

>>17475886
>tfw want to larp but don't know what to larp as
wow you have such a tough life op

>> No.17475927

>>17475896
There is no problem of consciousness

>> No.17475940

>>17475927
hahaha

>> No.17475942

>>17475914
I'll keep trying that's for sure. Thank you for the recommendation, that seems like something that would be helpful.
>>17475915
>Christians still go to Heaven according to Islam
Is this actually true? I always thought that was just something pro islamic people say to make their religion more accepted in the west. Same how most Christians today will say athiests and homosexuals can go to heaven if they are a good person, when the Bible says otherwise

>> No.17475948

>>17475920
I think that atheism turns people into soulless beasts over time. I want to have God in my soul, even if it is made up.

>> No.17475949

>>17475940
I'm serious. Take the panpsychism pill.

>> No.17475954

>>17475948
That's just a /pol/ meme and /pol/ is always wrong.

>> No.17475958

>>17475896
>The following problem of consciousness is proof of God: How does the brain convert electrical nerve signals into non-physical phenomena like Vision and Hearing
god of the gaps fallacy

>> No.17475967

>>17475958
undergrads lol

>> No.17475976

>>17475954
I don't care what /pol/ retards say. People are killing their own babies, and homosexuals have parades because they are proud of their degeneracy. Without God people will change their morals whenever it is convenient to them. If you need to go on /pol/ to see that then you are also lost.

>> No.17476003

>>17475886
>want to be religious
you can't force yourself, retard. either you believe it or you don't.

>> No.17476011
File: 33 KB, 479x293, 8qvTLxft8lfhsvekqwAmIaFU3SH_1t-Wnf3dqhO8a6Q.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17475913
A born again indian spirit-man once told me that God is capable of loving anybody, but you need to be capable of loving yourself first.
Listen I used to pray for faith too, but the confirmation I got was terrifying. You're being tested in this life, so just do the best you can do.
Read the Quran and start visiting your mosque. Islam is a clear guide that tells you how and when to pray, how much you should give to charity, what is and isn't permitted, and how to repent properly when you have sinned. Unless you're willing to fully commit to a monastery or something it'll be your best bet.
Its hard in today's society, everything is nihilistic, but keep trying. Surround yourself with good people and make time for worship, eventually you can marry a good Muslimah who will keep you on the right path and raise a couple of children in a religious school and hopefully they wont have the same kind of doubts we have sometimes.
If nihilism was correct, then why is it so repulsive to the moral and aesthetic senses? Look up the fitrah, it's an interesting concept that's completely lacking in western philosophy. Basically your body and soul are created in a certain way and you can either nurture that by submitting to a dignified and natural life as intended for you by Allah or you can abuse yourself with intoxicants and haram behaviors. It's up to you, but one is clearly preferable to the other.

>> No.17476028

>>17475976
>"I don't care what /pol/ retards say"
>Says /pol/ retard shit
ok

>> No.17476045

>>17475896
There is no proof of God that you could tell someone. This is because nothing you can possibly say can ever do the truth justice. You have to walk with Christ. You can start by learning what that means

>> No.17476048
File: 7 KB, 229x220, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17476028
>your ideas are wrong because I associate them with this 4chan imageboard
I want you to prove by uploading a video that you know how to tie your shoes before you say anything else

>> No.17476055

>>17476028
If being against people murdering their own children and LGBT parades and atheism is "/pol/ retard" then whatever. I don't care. I know that stuff is wrong though.

>> No.17476063

>>17476011
Screenshotted this post, thanks anon. Islam has always been attractive to me, but since I grew up in a Christian area it seems so foreign.

>> No.17476073

>>17476055
>>17475976
>>17475948
You've got a good fitrah anon. Don't listen to the nay-sayers.

>> No.17476075

>>17476055
>murdering their own children
>and atheism

lmao

>> No.17476099
File: 37 KB, 860x603, 122421114.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17476075

>> No.17476116
File: 472 KB, 1024x784, 1604631205326.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17475886
First, read this pic.
If your heart, right now, is good soil(go and read Matthew 13:1-23) the Holy Spirit will guide you to pray and you will believe and have faith in the only God.

>> No.17476125

Try budhism.
I don't believe, but i find it the most profound and logical way to go. I crave the day i reach nirvana - just think of it, no stress.
even if you find yourself falling out of love with the religeous aspect, i urge you to stick to the profound views budhism has towards life.

>> No.17476155

>>17476063
You're welcome anon.
Don't think of it as something foreign. I also was raised with a Christian background, and I found that Islam mostly confirmed what I had been taught to believe. The main difference being that it also explained away things in Christianity I could never accept (faith based belief for instance, is not something stressed in Islam) and expanded on many subjects I had not considered before.
Islam is the same religion as Christianity, it just hasn't been as corrupted by time and egos. I'm just a random shitposter, but reaching out to a mosque and talk to them about what you're feeling. They're good people, and shariah and the sunnah provides clear instructions on enough aspects of life that even when you struggle with faith you'll have a clear idea of how to conduct yourself. Focus on the external and the practice will naturally shape your soul towards the internal. You pray five times daily, and maybe at first it's just actions but then after a week one morning you feel a kind of lightness in your heart, and it increases. Maybe it goes away for a bit, but you maintain consistent action and you won't be led astray.

>> No.17476242

>>17476116
That is a comforting pic anon, thank you. I enjoyed Matthew 13:1-23 I love reading Jesus' words desu.
>>17476125
The religious aspect is what I crave the most, as I struggle to care about anything if there is no higher power/reason for all of it. I'll look into it some more, for sure though.
>>17476155
>Islam is the same religion as Christianity, it just hasn't been as corrupted by time and egos
This is the main aspect of Islam that has attracted me, Christianity seems like a shell of it's former self. However I always like Jesus a lot so I struggle to try to be anything but a Christian. There is a mosque near me that I will probably go to and ask some questions there, maybe they can give me some guidance. There was an anon earlier that said that Muslims believe Christians can go to heaven. Is this true in the original faith? I've heard it before too but didn't know if it was like how Christians will say that athiests/Jews/Muslims go to heaven even though the Bible says otherwise. I'm not trying to knock your faith or be rude BTW, I'm genuinely curious. All this stuff is so confusing to me.

>> No.17476250

>>17475886
Isn't it obvious? Spinoza's god

>> No.17476271

>>17476250
This seems most plausible to me, but also destructive. If that IS the true god, then what's the point of going through the effort of existing? A god that is tailored towards Man, although less likely, is probably more beneficial to the well being and progress of the human race in my opinion.

>> No.17476319

>>17475914
>Prayer is not about asking for things,
It is for most Christians

Matthew 17:20
>Amen, I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

John 14:14
>If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.

>> No.17476362

>>17476271
I think spinoza's god in all its infinite attributes will have parts which are dedicated towards man, the gods of all the religions probably live within it too in some form, you could call them those parts of the one true god/existence which are dedicated to us.

>> No.17476378

>>17476242
>There was an anon earlier that said that Muslims believe Christians can go to heaven. Is this true in the original faith?
Yes. I'd go even further (although I know some Muslims would disagree with me) and say that being a Muslim isn't guaranteed to get you into heaven either. Islam means submission to God, and much of the religion can be seen as an instruction manual of outward behavior and practice to be followed in order to live a consistent, dignified, healthy life.

The Quran says that every group of people has been given prophets from Allah, but the Quran is the only message that has been entirely preserved to this day. Also different groups of people have been given different covenants with Allah, although Islam can apply to everyone.

Nobody has a monopoly on salvation, that's entirely in the hands of Allah, the best you can hope is to conduct yourself well in this life by recognizing the unity of creation and submitting yourself to Allah, which is what Islam focuses on.

Religious groups that claim they alone hold access to paradise/God are lying to you. They are also sinning by claiming to have knowledge that only Allah has.

That said, personally I've avoided having problems with faith not because I'm particularly devout or learned, but because regardless of the existence of Allah and the afterlife Islam has made my life in this world calmer and more meaningful. You stop drinking alcohol, stop fornicating, start praying regularly, start giving to charity-- have you lost anything in this? Only your ego, and the iron grip it has on you. I think that this is the real strength of Islam. Regardless of the unseen, it offers you a decent life in this world as well. Not a life of fast cars and sex and fame like western propaganda promotes, but a decent life where you avoid drugs and wake up early and marry a good woman and have a big family. Life isn't a struggle towards some grand destination, it's a process of being at peace with the world and yourself, and being generous towards life and others. That's what Islam is, submitting yourself to the whole.

>> No.17476380

>>17476362
That makes a lot of sense. What I meant was it may be detrimental to society if people don't view themselves as being chosen by God.

>> No.17476392

>>17475886
pray and ask the gift of faith.
>>17475893
prayer and meditation aren't equivalent

>> No.17476418

because you literally have a different, often incompatible worldview. in your head there is no difference to believing in these things and believing in the things you already do, you 'know' are true, the way you see the world and the concepts you use to construct an understanding. point is, you're not part of a culture so it's LARPing and if you can't be active irl in really becoming it then it'll go nowhere but being a piece of shit on imageboards.

>> No.17476463

>>17476418
I don't understand. How does one believe in the religion? I want to believe in it.

>> No.17476503

>>17475886
Good faith makes good works. Your faith is not good and is the reason why you aren't religious. In the realm of reason nothing contradicts the ontological argument and as long as you think objective goodness (and badness for that matter exists) then Goedel's argument will be true (for you since there are believers of subjective morality). If you can make the leap of faith (the existence of objectivity necessitates the perfect being) you will then have the Abrahamic God available for you to pray to. The deists have poor religion and their lack of faith has produced horrible works such as Republicanism within the halls of Masonic lodges. For you to be religious God has to be a person that is intelligible, not a dumb demiurge (for that is an insult to Him). I feel your prayers so far are directed towards that of a Powerful Retard rather than the King of all Reality. If you show no respect you shall get none.

As for which religion to follow , Christianity is obviously the best as it has established the academic systems that lead the world's progress in knowledge and continues today in the sciences. (Although academia's recent love for nihilism as created societal destruction at an impressively efficient speed.) To be God-like (Christ-like) is to be powerful (almost omnipotent), intelligent (almost omniscient), and kind (almost omnibenevolent). With intelligence comes the other two aspects, and your question is actually a first step in that direction.

As for which branch of Christianity to follow you can tell that by the terrible works of Protestantism (racism, atheism, faith-based medicine, anarchic individualism, secular heads of church) and the schismatic, autonomous nature of the Eastern orthodox (their Bishop of Moscow quarreling with the Ukrainian church) that the Catholic churches are the best option in the advancement of yourself in fellowship of Christ and in being a moral light for the people around you. (By the Catholic churches I mean the Roman Rite, Lebanese Rite, Coptic rite, etc.)

>> No.17476504

>>17476378
Wow, every time I talk to a Muslim on the chanz they make more and more sense. It seems much stronger and focused on living a Godly life than Christianity.
>different groups of people have been given different covenants with Allah, although Islam can apply to everyone.
This is a very appealing aspect of Islam.
The hardest part for me is figuring out whether the life that western propaganda promotes that you mentioned is a result of Christianity's flawas as a religion, or if it is a symptom of people losing their faith.

>> No.17476704

>>17475942
Yes. Muslims consider all the Abrahamic religions to be "religions of the Book" and Iranians consider Zoroastrianism to be one of them too.

>> No.17477043

>>17476704
Adding to this, many Muslims believe Hermes Trismegistus to be the prophet Idris, and a strong argument can be made for Socrates being a prophet as well.
Arguably Islam is much more integrated with western civilization than Christianity or Modernity is.

>> No.17477053

you're being the sad nihilist. you gotta be the "that's so cool and groovy" nihilist like the kid in that meme.

religion without faith is larping and worse than being an edgelord atheist.

>> No.17477109

>>17475886
>Why is it so hard to believe
Because it's all blatant bullshit.

>> No.17477127

>>17477053
>you're being the sad nihilist. you gotta be the "that's so cool and groovy" nihilist like the kid in that meme.
I've tried to hard but I just can't.
>>17477109
>Because it's all blatant bullshit.
people were able to believe for thousands of years, why can't we do it now?

>> No.17477141
File: 23 KB, 314x474, 97A02ED1-50F9-4D70-AEDF-39A9C7FED0BD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17475886
The Holy Bible and Orthodox Christianity.

>> No.17477156

>>17476504
People with power invent things to benefit themselves, and use religion as a tool to enslave the masses. "Give unto Caeser" and so on. Those things compound over time and if we're not careful eventually society is transformed into something unrecognizable. A lot of bidʻah invented in Christianity still exists in the west, even while Christianity itself is discarded. Weber saw this in western capitalism, and Spengler remarked that even after abandoning the Trinity Western society is obsessed with groups of three in it's beliefs.

I'm sure it's no coincidence as well that a lot of western elites are involved in shadowy groups that at least cloak themselves heavily in Satanic imagery. The Bohemian Club for example, Propaganda Due (Mussolini banned Freemasonry, but it was heavily promoted by the CIA after WW2 alongside the Christian Democratic Party and the Mafia) or the Skull and Bones and fraternities in elite western Universities.

>> No.17477161
File: 3.23 MB, 1536x6912, Catholic Pill.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17475886
Saving the world for 2000 years, the one, the only, Catholic Church.

>> No.17477172

>>17477127
do some lsd, shrooms or ket my man

>> No.17477193

>>17477172
>do some lsd, shrooms or ket my man
done it all, which is what made me want to find faith. O-PCE is what really made me want to take the leap, but I can't figure out how to fully immerse myself in faith.

>> No.17477202

>>17477141
I've been looking into Orthodox Christianity. I actually ordered that book, it was recommended by another anon on /lit. Islam also seems very convincing, a couple anons in this thread are winning me over a bit.

>> No.17477244

>>17477127
Believe in Zeus if you can.

>> No.17477312
File: 153 KB, 640x854, Bishop Cat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17477161
This is a very good image. I have friends of other denominations and they ask quite often question the doctrines of the Church while their sects say that they are the "original" Christianity. This image gives the opinion of the early fathers along with the scriptural evidence, which I think is the most condemning evidence against the Lie of Lutheranism. I'm saving this and spreading this to those friends, and thanks for letting me know about this "Defense of Sanity" resource.

>> No.17477325

>>17477193
>O-PCE
what is that? is it like the 1P equivalent of ketamine?

>> No.17477332

>>17475886
I can't believe this is an actual mentality you guys have. There's no hope for you, do us all a favor and kys. We don't need more sub-100 IQ LARPers.

>> No.17477345

>>17477325
It's some shady research chemical dissociative that I got off some random website. It's similar to ketamine I'd say, lasts much longer and fucks you up big time. very potent

>> No.17477349

>>17477332
I don't want to be a LARPer, I want to believe, I just struggle with having genuine faith.

>> No.17477364
File: 767 KB, 1000x4065, Catholic salvation.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17477312
>>17475886
I agree, they're very well done. A couple of more for my friend, the OP.

>> No.17477383

>>17477364
Thank you for these, anon. How did you decide the Catholic church was right for you, rather than say, Orthodox?

>> No.17477403
File: 1.15 MB, 1000x4065, Catholic priesthood biblical.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17477349
>>17475886

There is no one path to adult conversion. Sometimes it happens very quickly, sometimes slowly. The Holy Spirit is endlessly inventive. Although there is no one, fixed path, reading conversion stories can open your mind and spirit to the operations of the Spirit in your life. (Indeed, OP, your initial post may be the result of what's called prevenient grace -- an initial, gentle movement of the Holy Spirit in your soul.)

I highly recommend a collection of short conversion stories called Spiritual Journeys, edited by Robert Baram. I am a fan of these sorts of books, of which there are many, and this is one of the very best. It includes all sorts of stories from people in all walks of life.

It's currently out of print, but here is a link to reasonably priced used copies:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003YIZDR0/

Do pray, anon, for it's all a matter of grace.

Ask God to enlighten your mind, and *keep* asking. Cf: "Knock and it shall be opened unto you." Mt. 7:7 Note that the verb tense of "knock" is the present imperative; it could be fairly translated as *Keep knocking* and it will be opened unto you.

So keep knocking. And "if today you hear His voice, harden not your heart."

Here are a couple of good books:
- Sheldon Vanauken, A Severe Mercy

- C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

- Thomas Merton, The Seven Story Mountain

Finally, Scott Hahn's conversion story offers a great and inspiring testimony: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-bz4kRtCQI

>> No.17477442
File: 3.01 MB, 2400x9150, Catholic - Pope, biblical basis.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17477383
Long story short. I was born into it, lost my faith in my teens, prayed for the grace of faith while teetering between agnosticism and atheism, and over a three-year period, my mind gradually became convinced of the existence of God.

I then became aware of a particular argument for the Resurrection, the gist of which is set forth in McDowell, More than a Carpenter, a short book I highly recommend, for the evidence it presents, not as any great work of literature. Once I became persuaded of the truth of the Resurrection, it was a short path (more or less) back to the Catholic Church, whose bona fides, in my view, utterly outstrip the claims of every competing Christian denomination.

Wrt the Orthodox, I am firmly convinced, by scripture and history, that the Papacy is an institution established by Christ, and indeed a necessary institution given the vagaries of human nature; there must be a final authority.

>> No.17477463

>>17477345
sounds fun. i'll see if i can find some place that ships to canada

>> No.17477516

>>17477463
be careful, you're gonna need a mg scale, depending on how strong your batch is it can be really easy to overdo it.

>> No.17477567

>>17477403
>>17477442
Thanks for your in depth answers anon, I really appreciate it. How long have you been Christian? You seem very knowledgeable. I'll keep trying to pray and maybe God will enlighten me.

>> No.17477588
File: 19 KB, 554x554, images - 2021-02-05T020603.554.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The thought of God has a sedating effect,it calms you down.
Keeps you from doing risky stuff.
Except for paganism and islam.

>> No.17477630

>>17475886
You're schizoid. Early 20s, right? Male, high IQ? It's cool, you can come out of it wiser. It's gonna be a weird few years though. This is how shamans are made.

Stay away from dudeweed and shrooms/LSD until you're older.

Gods are not real.

Peace!

>> No.17477688

>>17477630
>You're schizoid. Early 20s, right? Male, high IQ?
yeah minus high IQ. How did you know? How does that make me into a shaman? I've done tons of obscure drugs when I was a teenager, I don't do that shit anymore.

>> No.17477764

>>17477567
I'm not that Catholic anon but the other one but,

God WILL enlighten you if you pray. Stop the nihilist crap, the existence of God cannot be ambiguous. The choice to be saved by the higher plane of existence resides only in you. God is a person, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are persons. Do not TRY to pray but pray with your heart, let God know your suffering, how you were robbed of your worship by this atheistic world, and how you will return to Him for He shall welcome the prodigal son in glory. God is a being of love; love Him and you will be loved back. You are a diseased man, a δαιμονισθεὶς, in need of a healer, and you are possessed by nihilism. If you have great faith like the Centurion, the woman who touched His clothes, the paralytic sinner, Jesus will hear your plea.

The road away from nihilism is a tough one, one that I walked myself, and it's a dark street. "If your eye is evil, the body will become dark, and if the light within you is dark, how dark would everything be!" (Mt.6:23). If you are not in constant alert against the demons that will force you back into it, you will go back to the darkness. Ignore the evilness of the world. Praise and hold onto the good. Believe and dwell in the nihilism and you shall tell yourself that you are worthless, unsalvageable by even God. Pray, read, and surround yourself with people of the same priorities for wherever there is a gathering of people there is a church and Christ is in it.

>> No.17477775

>>17477688
>How did you know?
It's just how the disease works, I had it too. One day you're gripped with the fear that you're going to hell and it kind of ruins your life. You lose your grip on everything. But the apparent ultimate boundaries of reality are just your own mental eggshell. You'll get a new philosophy in time. Just don't get snared by a religion and waste the awakening. I recommend reading Nietzsche vs. the Traditionalists.
Nietzsche is right

But don't turn 30 with no skills. What are you best at? Do that. Philosophy ain't worth much.

P.S. Kasimirz Dabrowski, "positive disintegration"

>> No.17477789

>>17477764
>God WILL enlighten you if you pray
Lie #1, didn't read the rest

Faggot

>> No.17477797

>>17475914

There must be a balance. A novice can get too obsessed with prayer, and pray out of proportion

>> No.17477805

>>17475886
choose the one that cures your depression

>> No.17477824

>>17475976
Atheism is correlated with modernity but it is not the cause of modernity. Most "religious" people are no less rotted inside by modernity

>> No.17477872

>>17477442

Can you summarize the argument or post a link to a summary?

I could not find one on Google. Thanks!

>> No.17477893

>>17477789
Argument where? I will show your idea, that God will not enlighten the prayer, is false with scriptural proof, personal experience, and the logical flaws in the reasoning you provide me.

>> No.17478316
File: 303 KB, 1652x2412, lesdeux.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17475886
This book might scare you into believing

>> No.17478326
File: 314 KB, 2842x474, christian experience.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Read the gospels from the King James Version, anon

>> No.17478328
File: 106 KB, 1000x1000, 1611170084795.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17475886
In a similar vein, I have found, or perhaps been found by, the religous affiliation of a ChristioHermeticist. I have made prayer and study in the sincerest faith I can muster, and yet I fear deeply that I am either unworthy of identifying as one who aspires to the totality of things, or that I am just a LARPer apparent to all but myself. Despite a year at this, this fear of being an unfitting vessel for what feels like an instinct keeps me up at night.

>> No.17478443

>>17478328
You described my feeling exactly. I think the secret is to just keep trying and praying/trying to believe. Eventually we'll start to actually believe I think. Kind of like when you try a food you don't like as a kid. You don't like it, but your parents force you, and eventually you start to actually like it.

>> No.17478503

>>17478443
It is not a lack of belief on my part, I have experienced ecstasis on the nature of Alchemy a few times, it is more a feeling of whether or not I am worth it or able to become what is demanded of me by it due to some very unpleasant things I have learned about my own nature. But, your struggle is something I very much empathize with.

>> No.17478507

>>17475886
HAHAHAH
COPE FAGGOT

all religion is a cope

>> No.17478563

>>17477775
>Kasimirz Dabrowski, "positive disintegration"
this is very interesting
>>17478507
why is every athiest such a faggot

>> No.17478865

>>17475886
pali canon

>> No.17478872

>>17478328
you feel as lapring because prayer dont work. if you had positive results, you would not even think about being larper or not.