[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 15 KB, 252x200, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17388297 No.17388297 [Reply] [Original]

I'm currently engaged in writing a theoretical manifesto of burgerpunk

I shall argue that:
1) Mark Fisher identifies two main problematics: we are unable to articulate our contemporary problems and that we are unable to imagine a future radically different from the present
2) According to Fisher, the ability to imagine the future requires first realising that many of the forces in our present are not natural or necessary but are instead contingent
3) Burgerpunk will help to solve the first problem and will help us realise the contingency of the present, preparing a way for the solution to the second problem
4) Anarcho-capitalism reifies contingent practices into a priori laws. For example, Hans-Herman Hoppe and Mencuis Moldbug base their criticisms of democracy on their belief that property is necessarily private. (Hoppe explicitly states that private property is an a priori truth in the introduction to Democracy: TGTF). Non-private forms of ownership are actually widely practised (cf. Elinor Ostrom)
5) Moldbug's neocameralism is therefore the logical conclusion of capitalist realism so burgerpunk should engage with the concept
6) Burgerpunk should take the form of theory-fiction

I think 6) is the weakest. Information about theory-fiction online is sparse. Could any anons who've read Reza explain the concept and argue for/against its use in burgerpunk?

Any discussion of points 1-5 will also be welcome

>> No.17388319

Lampbylit.com has a few articles on burgerpunk

>> No.17388323

>>17388319
Stop shilling your subpar shit

>> No.17388331

>>17388297
>>17388297
I miss burgerpunk threads

>> No.17388385

>>17388331
Shit I missed them
However, please don't tell me moldbug is in any way related to burgerpunk (as Orig Post seems to suggest) otherwise I lose all interest immediately

>> No.17388386

>>17388323
&amp is pretty entertaining. Why so mad anon?

>> No.17388393

>>17388385
Only in the vaguest sense. OP is injecting concrete thinkers into something more nebulous and conceptual. I once wrote a long, purposely wordy, description of burgerpunk, but I think the end result is simple, burgerpunk is what happens if we treat right now like science fiction.

>> No.17388448

>>17388385
>>17388393
To some extent it is a nebulous connection.
My thoughts are that Moldbug essentially takes the contingent "laws" of capitalism, private property, etc and reifies them into a prior laws. He then deduces his political philosophy. His theory is the paradigm of capitalism realism, the belief that capitalism is the only feasible system, in this case because it is the only system which doesn't contradict the laws of logic.
There's an interesting burgerpunk short story about MacDonalds becoming US President. (Its one of the first entries on a google search.) Reading this made me see burgerpunk as a literary exploration of a neocamerialism, where firms function as private governments.

>> No.17388453

>>17388448
Ha. I wrote that part. Neat.

>> No.17388497

Why are those who criticize the reification of the contingent always secretly committed to some kind of human nature or natural law abstracted from actually existing human society?

>> No.17388519

>>17388297
>jumping from Mark Fisher to Mencius Moldbug
Marky would be rolling in his grave if he knew you were appropriating his ideas for an anarcho-capitalistic end. The entire point of trying to envision a future radically different from our present is about trying to imagine life OUTSIDE of capitalism. By turning to Moldbug you're just reterritorialising back onto the body of the socius.

>> No.17388536

I'm more interested in burgergothic and value menu constructs.

>> No.17388550

>>17388448
Moldbug doesn't suggest that property law is natural or a priori. That's the position of 18th and 19th century liberals (and 20th century libertarians/classical liberals). Moldbug is really closer in spirit to the 18th and 19th century conservative tradition: laws are made up, and therefore fragile, and therefore need to be carefully protected.

>> No.17388570

>>17388536
I really should get around to finishing the arc about the burgerpunk kid that stumbles across a McThras cult.

>> No.17388627

>>17388519
Prehaps I didn't make my points sufficiently clear
The aim of burgerpunk is to explore the contemporary mailaise of late capitalism so that its problems can be articulated and recognised by more people. The reason of this aim is to allow people to start imagining a future based off "Red Plenty" i.e. to facillitate a solution to the second problem exposed by Mark Fisher. It is a criticism of Moldbug and anarcho-capitalism more generally. It certainly does not support capitalist tendencies
>>17388550
Agreed- there is such a conservative tendencies in Moldbug's thought. However, I think I am right when I say that he assumes all property is private. He essentially promotes the same criticism of democracy as Hoppe: in democracy, people who run the state are not responsible for its debt because the state is "owned by the people". He also promotes neocameralism for the same reason Hoppe believes monarchy is superior to democracy: a monarch personally owns the state so is personally responsible for its debts. The monarch will therefore not borrow as much as contemporary democratic governments do. Prehaps a fuller discussion of the differences between Hoppe and Moldbug are needed in the manifesto

>> No.17388635

>>17388519
I think he wants to use Fisher to criticize Moldbug, and to situate burgerpunk as a tool of de-reification.

Which is both obvious and retarded—but not as retarded as you, with your superficial understanding of Deleuze and your poor reading comprehension.

>> No.17388648

>>17388627
On a slightly different note, anon, I’ve really enjoyed 5000 years of debt so far. It’s really been blowing my mind of approaching finance from a anthropological direction.

>> No.17388654

>>17388635
>I think he wants to use Fisher to criticize Moldbug, and to situate burgerpunk as a tool of de-reification
That's essentially correct

Could you expand on how this is "retarded"?

>> No.17388673

>>17388635
>>17388654
Arguing about the meaning of Burgerpunk without expanding Burgerpunk literature

It’s just like old times!

>> No.17388758

>>17388673
This is why we need burgergothic value menu constructs. Corporate antiracism reproducing mythologies of ethical consumption and legitimation of race as the greater differenciator than class. Vampires don't have to be Hungarian or Romanian immigrants to London anymore. They can be brave BIPOC tech entrepreneurs who combine offshore labor with domestic precariat gig workers to deliver banal services to the metropolitan bourgeois.

>> No.17388785

>>17388758
Be the change you want to see. I stopped posting burgerpunk on RR and lost interest in writing for a while. I'll get back to it one day.

>> No.17388787

>>17388627
In a sense, all property IS private, insofar as all property can be "formalized" as private property ("public" property can always be formalized as private shares). I don't think Moldbug would say that the state is owned by the people in a democracy; I think he would say that it's owned by whoever receives taxes, just like private land is owned by whoever receives rents. That's not prescriptive, or even descriptive—it's just a definition of ownership that turns it into a coherent analytic category.

Which is just to say: to imagine a society without de facto private property, you have to imagine a society without property at all—in other words, a society in which nothing is guaranteed to you by a sovereign power (not even by your OWN sovereign power).

(I think this is still possible to imagine. It might look something like "The Lottery in Babylon.")

>> No.17388818

yes write for free so i can build a compilation and shell it on amazon and make 20-30k from spreading it as edgy and dark across the zoomersphere.

>> No.17388829

>>17388787
You'd need the state to de facto own everything, even if de jure property wasn't real, to prevent people from exercising squatters' rights or de facto ownership over what they habitually made use of

>> No.17388840

>>17388818
b-but I w-wrote it anon-kun. D-did you even read it?

>> No.17388882

>>17388654
It's not retarded because it's wrong, it's just retarded because it's boring. Every day, hundreds of undergraduates write papers about how speculative fiction is a tool of anti-capitalist de-reification.

>> No.17388996

>>17388882
I think with burgerpunk the meta ironic bit is that it doesn't attempt to do anything about the anti-capitalist things it does, it just simply is. In the old threads there were commies writing along side nazbols alongside polfag nazi types. But we all kinda "got it" No one could agree on the wording of it in clear terms, but we understood each other. It is so politically charged a topic that it goes beyond politics.

>> No.17389063

>>17388497
Some things are contingent. Some are necessary. The trick is sorting them out right

>> No.17389110

>>17388996
Beyond politics—that’s more interesting. Write a manifesto about that.

>> No.17389215

What a coincidence, I'm currently writing something similar, but in Spanish.
In my view, burgerpunk cannot serve as a tool for anything, neither reactionary nor revolutionary. It is purely descriptive, and even attempts at burgerpunk fiction cannot but fail in their attempts. This is because burgerpunk is the absolute contrary to cyberpunk. It is firmly rooted in the present moment, and it cannot produce a vision of either the past or a possible future. Burgerpunk is not critique, it is description. Even the first thread on burgerpunk on /tv/, almost two years ago, was looking for "movies similar to this [OP picture]". The freeway (!) littered with ads and chain stores and diners gives is the paradigm of the non-place, and it portrays a static place with the illusion of dynamism.

>> No.17389277

>>17389215
Not only that, but burgerpunk was coined almost by accident. It didn't caught up until two weeks and two threads after the first mention, and even after that it didn't became a meme after a long time (it's still rather obscure in comparison to other such X-punk memes). There are novels and films that can be described as "burgerpunk", but they can only be described as such ex post facto, since burgerpunk as an aesthetic was conceived much later than those artworks. Burgerpunk is "emptifull", full of emptiness, it spills vacuity, since no meaning can be extracted or applied to it. It's the ultimate dehumanization and reification, but since it is a description of the present moment and can only be understood in relation to cyberpunk, one could say that it is the real-world manifestation of the cyberpunk future, except with the "cool" cybernetic part of it. Hell, it's not even punk at all, it was just named like that because we coin new variations of cyberpunk taking away the cyber and placing the key aspect of that aesthetic instead (steampunk, stonepunk, etc).

>> No.17389297
File: 384 KB, 1424x1068, 1594908210897.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17389215
>The freeway (!) littered with ads and chain stores and diners gives is the paradigm of the non-place, and it portrays a static place with the illusion of dynamism.
Sounds a lot like the Gulf countries building towers and resorts in the desert because they have too much money to purposively discharge of. I think burgerpunk could be enriched by readings of Bataille or of Ballard for that matter. There's a clear theme of excessive, of banal consumption so vastly reproduced as to become an object of sublime experience, like a skyline or a virgin forest.

>> No.17389376

>>17389297
>Bataille
But I don't think burgerpunk is the aesthetic of expenditure, nor does it represent the accursed share of an economy. Nor can a sublime experience be extracted from the places or situations that best characterize burgerpunk. It is saturation of emptiness. I don't even think you could say the Gulf countries building towers and resorts in the desert, or the ghost towns of China, are examples of burgerpunk, since it needs to have a human element in it, a consumer and an spectator. Burgerpunk precludes sublime experience because it is static and lifeless, allowing no possibility for change. It is a festering, infinite ouroboros.

>> No.17389394

>>17389297
I can't help but think all that food is cold or at least was cold by the time the people ate it.

>> No.17389415
File: 215 KB, 1284x1515, 1538380962980[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17388297
This /his/ thread on early-90's 'Yuppiecore' might have some similar themes:

https://desuarchive.org/his/thread/9957295/

>It's kind of difficult to find examples to use as "platonic forms" of this stuff, since it was kind of diffuse and tended to lack an aesthetic core. It was more like a mood - slightly anesthetized, inoffensive, clean, meant to slide easily into the background so that you could focus on your work. Pic related shows some of the spirit.

>Notice how there really IS no background in the image - there appears to be a hill or something to the right, across some indistinct waters, but those features have been smoothed out so that they become a texture rather than a landscape. The calm coloration and vague nature theme recalls the commercial form of the "new age" aesthetic popular at the time.

>> No.17389433

>>17389376
I don't agree that it is static or humanless. The humans are there but they are ant-like, filing in and out of their strip malls and SUVs. When you look at skyscrapers or forests it isn't about the bodies moving around in them—though they are there in a Where's Waldo sense—but experiencing something with such bulk it defies visible limits. A highway lined on both sides with strip malls, shops, drive through restaurants, outlets for several miles is in that panorama a man-made forest, burger-transcendentalism, Ralph Waldo McEmerson, Thoreau's Cabin Chicken

>> No.17389439

>>17389415
>a texture rather than a landscape
Interesting. Burgerpunk is now a landscape, definitely not a texture. Maybe that is the supreme expression, or the logical consequence, of the yuppiecore aesthetic: if its intention was to "slide into the background so that you could focus on your work", then burgepunk is so "on your face" that it becomes the background and the frontground (is that even a word?) itself.

>> No.17389485

>>17389439
In a general sense, the elements of burgerpunk are 'modular.' The logos and parking lots and building shapes are rooted in a theoretical idea of commercial function; they didn't arise from their own local environments. The basis of the aesthetic is these forms and symbols are jumbled together and spewed all over a particular landscape without any obvious underlying connection to the locality itself.

Similarly, something like Yuppiecore was aimed at a 'market' defined by an economic characteristic (modern careerist striver/aspirant, more or less) rather than by any other form of identity. And this feels odd to many of us, because it is like a mirror that holds the same reflection regardless of where it is pointed.

>> No.17389513

>>17389433
I think the type of sublime experience you are describing was felt by those who first visited, say, New York when it became a metropolis of steel, with skyscrapers and such. But I'm still not sure you could say the same about burgerpunk panoramas, sicne those are super concentrated and scattered., and you are being saturated with so much useless information that it cannot be cohesed into a whole. I don't know, man, maybe it's because a sublime experience to be something "good", even "life-affirming", but in burgerpunk landscapes I simply cannot find that. Instead, I'm filled by existential dread and anxiety; could it be said that the experience of burgerpunk has more to do with a Lovecraftian cosmic horror made physical instead of an Emersonian transcendentalism (McEmersonkek)?

>> No.17389525

>>17389513
>a sublime experience to be something "good"
experience to me is something*
Sorry for the typos.

>> No.17389609

Man i wish i grew up in the US.

>> No.17389627

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/36209/burgerpunk-pizza-time

https://burgerpunk.github.io/

https://www.burgerpunkokc.com/

>> No.17389644
File: 167 KB, 1200x787, 1611631286859[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17388297
>Moldbug's neocameralism is therefore the logical conclusion of capitalist realism

I don't know about that. It's probably more like techno-feudalism with only a few vestigial tatters of 'neutral'/non-commercial state organs still existing or exercising power.

>> No.17389680

>>17389513
I think burgerpunk could re-recontextualize the 'awesome' or 'terrific' character of not-nature as something to shudder before. Uncanny valleys of effluviate corporate mandalas rising from the road to meet you. The earth teems with signs of its commodified splendour. What is a sarariman before the daibatsu?

>> No.17389703

Driving out of Manhattan, you are pursued by Starbucks, McDonalds, and Dunkin Donuts all the way to ends of the vast transcontinental empire. Even if you got on a plane and went to Paris, the Royale with Cheese would stalk you.

>> No.17389710

>>17389680
That's abominable tho. More reason to build something better. Huh, maybe burgerpunk does serve the function that OP was trying to describe.

>> No.17389718

>>17389710
That's why I think we need the burgergothic and value menu constructs. Punk died last century.

>> No.17389733

>>17389710
>>17389718
To elaborate on this point, all the American corporations that make up your burgerpunk vista are actually legal persons. They are hyperpersonal, hyperfictions. They reproduce themselves by impregnating you with their brand. They are gothic, not punk.

>> No.17389740

>>17388297
Just my initial impression is you're using a lot of contemporary online philosophers which is fairly queer.
regarding 3, why?
Finally, you're putting the cart before the horse trying to push a manifesto before you've actually generated anything. The manifesto is best timed after you get attention for something which already conforms to the rules of your manifesto, ie, the imagist manifesto's timing.

Also the whole thing feels fuckin nerdy and I sense that you should probably be focusing on your work right now.

>> No.17389754

As for the value menu contructs, they are simulacra of the big boy menu items (gloriously pictured in mouth watering, enhanced hyperdetail), but stripped down to their cheapest, fastest, highest thoroughput. It is the fast food of fast food. The acceleration of commodity into garbage ready for immediate disposal.

>> No.17389766
File: 3.64 MB, 3110x3110, Burgerpunk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17388297
Excellent post, good thread etc.

All of the points made about what burgerpunk should be, including 6, are correct.
My understanding of theory fiction comes more from Land than Reza, so forgive me if I make a point that would contradict his ideas. Basically, if burgerpunk is meant to be a reflection and a critique of modernity, the best way of going about it is theorizing. Theory is critique, as Land says, and as such, Theory fiction, then, is an ideal genre for boundary-pushing literary genres like Burgerpunk (all good modern sci-fi approaches or at least acknowledges theory fiction, at least inadvertently).

>> No.17389773

>>17388297
what's so different about burgerpunk than any other aesthetic movement criticising hyperconsumption and late stage capitalism? why isn't american psycho burgerpunk? why isn't infinite jest burgerpunk? why isn't harassement architecture and BAS and every other anti-everything meme book shilled here burgerpunk? I seriously don't get what's so special about the freeway litered with ads that hasn't been said before about consumerism and decadence and americanism. it's rehashing the same points about capitalism and technology that have been utered thousands of times since the 50s. yeah our present has accelerated so much it'a unrecognizable but it's feeling of alienation have been talked by baudrillard and debord and kazcysnki and ellul and zerzan and everybody with half a brain already knows why and how much we are fucked already
>t. midwit and not american

>> No.17389924

>>17389733
How do you define gothic here, specifically against punk? I was actually thinking that we are living on a sort of "burgergothic" time, since decadene of previously wealthy sections of society can be best understood in the figure of the abandoned mall.

>> No.17389988

>>17389924
Well it's also a Fisher thread. If you've read Flatline Constructs he identifies cyberpunk with gothic fiction, in the tradition of Frankenstein, Dracula, etc. There is a question of propagation at the heart of the gothic, something inhuman is trying to increase itself, like Wintermute/Neuromancer. And it uses humanity as part of its reproductive/propagative system.

>> No.17390405

>>17388787
Moldbug says something along the assets (and liabilities) of the state are owned by the citizenry. The use of the assets is owned by whoever happens to be in government at the time. Since they do not own the liabilities, they are not responsible for the public debt they accumulate

>Which is just to say: to imagine a society without de facto private property, you have to imagine a society without property at all
This type of thinking is precisely what the dereification processes of burgerpunk are meant to critique. Communal ownership is widespread, particularly in many indiginious communities. It was widespread in England in the past too (commonland). The economist Elinor Ostrom has done a lot of interest research and theorising about common-access property, which I advise you look up

>> No.17390600

>>17389740
>Just my initial impression is you're using a lot of contemporary online philosophers which is fairly queer.
>Also the whole thing feels fuckin nerdy and I sense that you should probably be focusing on your work right now
You're probably right. I feel that Fisher and Moldbug were/are responding to our contemporary problems, even if I don't agree with all of their diagonises and solutions, which is why I think its appropiate to bring them into a discussion on our contemporary problematic

>regarding 3, why?
1. Burgerpunk will articulate problems of mass consumption, advertising, moral and environmental degeneration, atomisation, mental health. Although pre-existing media sources have discussed such issues superficially, the sources are unable to engage in a materialist critique i.e. to explain that these result from late-stage capitalism
2. The answer is essentially accelerationist. As I see it, burgerpunk takes atomisation, corporate takeover, etc. to their extremes and demonstrates how unpalatable they are. This will hopefully revleal the contingency of "laws" like private property and profit maximisation.

Prehaps burgerpunk as function is not strong enough to do 3.2 on its own. Burgerpunk as theory-fiction may be able to demonstrate the contigency of capitalism's internal logic

>> No.17390604

Man just admit you guys just want to write American culture heavy cyberpunk, you don’t have to pretend your aesthetic venture is key in how you’re going to go beyond the current techno capital paradigm. Just write some Good cyber punk

>> No.17390664

>>17390604
this man speaks truth

>> No.17390753

>>17388297
Idiot.

>> No.17390911

>>17388297
I don't know how this might relate to your post, but one of the main reasons why burger punks exist is because of cars. Think about it, how far do you have to travel everyday just to do your basic necessities? Too much, kids and adults spend more time inside a vehicle than they will ever do outside in a park or just walking. Cities are build with the idea of having cars and moving people like cattle and treating them as such. This is something that can't be easily fix because we live in a globalist society. As long as people are treated as cattle this burger punk will always exist since most cities aren't build with the idea of community but labor and pure capitalism and to efficiently allocate resources as fast as possible and efficiently allocate people as fast as possible.

>> No.17390924

>>17390911
Americans think fondly on their college days because it's the only time in their life they experience walkable community.

>> No.17390955

>>17390924
Yeah the same goes for malls, parks, hiking, HS, elementary school... Basically anything that involves being in a free walk zone. Almost no one associates car with good and the people that do tend always have a hint of narcissism in them. Tbh I never saw the point in owning muscle cars or big pick up trucks, it always seemed so narcissistic. I have always associated cars simply as a means to an end. I never really enjoyed driving.

>> No.17390965

>>17390955
I hated driving and took the bus everywhere in undergrad. Eventually I marathoned initial D and every fast and furious movie and basically brainwashed myself into liking it. Older cars are fun to fix, the same kinda vibe from woodworking. Driving is fun in that you can explore and you are “free” but basically you’re mostly stuck with “exploring” Burgerpunk. Which is sad.

>> No.17391929
File: 698 KB, 649x841, implying breaking bad - 650 px sml.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.17392067

>>17388297
>Burgerpunk
Spooked. This current system benefits I greatly, as nobody wishes for me to confirm to any mold I don't choose to fir into. Wearing masks is expected, devotion is optional, thus I retain myself and consume the world. Others pay for my college, I get paid to do as I enjoy (research), and my funny moneystockpike grows. My Power grows, too, as I have convinced several individuals to band with me and suck the marrow of the system.

>> No.17392130

>>17388453
That must be a great feeling

>> No.17392209
File: 202 KB, 982x731, implying nigerian clone farm forum.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17388297
duly noted

>>17388319
more to come no doubt

>>17388323
help improve it

>>17388393
yes

>>17388448
Philip K. Dick did something like this, somewhere, perhaps in, We Can Build You.
picrel

>>17388627
My theory?

American restaurant corpo-capitalism no longer produces a middle class live able wage. (ended in 50's?) It has a three tiered society of workers, managers, and owners. Burgerboys, Burgerbosses, and blood sucking shit pigs?

Burgerboys barely get by, and must cut corners like living with others. Bosses make money, but they are so overworked they don't seem to enjoy life. Few middle positions exists in corpo-restaurants. Even the asst manager gets paid little better than burgerboys. The restaurant owner gets the (mostly) unearned capital. I'm guessing restaurant ownership is more lucrative than stocks or compounding interest, otherwise why bother to own them? It can't be fun overseeing workers who hate you.

There may be exceptions, like some boom town places pay $15 an hour to burgergoy, like in the Dakota Oil Rush, but the cost of rent is so high it negates the wage. Or like Alaskan cost of living.
When a jar of mayo is $18 a $15 wage gets you nowhere.

>>17388996
>>17389215

A writer is just like everybody else, except he feels compelled to report on things. --something vaguely Burroughsish, the emperor's lunch has no clothes

>>17389277
I think of the punk in burgerpunk to be: questioning authority. No mohawk required. The wagie needs the job, but he resents it, and will defy it once better opportunities present themselves. He does not go willingly into that dark restaurant.

>>17389297
based. Some places, (Dubai maybe?) are more obese than Ameriburgers. Something like, dry countries eating out instead of going to bars to show status. I watched a Domino's guy say he delivers to the same address, sometimes three times in a day.

Back in the before times, jobs in America were so plentiful that burger chains couldn't expand because there was no labor to man them. By this measure, the economy is worse in Ameriburgerland without manufacturing.

>>17389439
foreground

>>17389485
corporate cancer consumes the night sky

>>17389627
wow

>> No.17392525
File: 2.97 MB, 1444x1987, BVRGVRSHITTER.dud.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17390924

Yes and no. I gasp at the cavalier attitude of my youth. I thought was tough enough to go anywhere. Now, I know getting in a fight with some stinky hood rat isn't worth it. People don't walk or use public transit because, in America, they don't feel safe. See the Knockout Game.

The inner cities are full of drugs, pan handlers, and bums. Corporations that set up shop in downtown areas are stupid, because everyone has to commute to them. Then the help gets harassed at lunch, if they leave the buildings. It is only the sheer number of people that make eating lunch out, safe. Better to build on the outskirts.

I'm recalling the Agenda 21 propaganda espoused about millenials. "They want to live in the walk-able cities, derp!" This was code for, millenials are so pampered or incompetent they can't or won't get a license and a car. But recent protests are making it obvious that Ameriburger cities are for the slave class. And the market has responded.

>>17390965
The tyranny of burgerpunk is largely unavoidable. You can go to some place like Denali National Park in remote Alaska and there will be a Burgershitter franchise on the premises.

>>17390965
Because corporations are modular, this means there is nothing to explore.sadface.JPG

Part of Burgerpunk is exposing that which was perhaps once innocuous, like Disney or McDonald's, is now harmful and shouldn't be considered at treat by rational people. It's addictive rat poison on a stick.

The consequences are off-shored to the healthcare systems and the smoke in the sky isn't off shored at all. Seeing that you are complicit and no choice exists but burgerpunk. A vote for Burger King is not a vote against McDonald's. A vote for Dems is not really a vote against Republicans. It's two arms of the same tyranny.
The product is too good, too successful, to be overcome by anything but apocalyptic levels of change: crop failures, real pandemic, world war.

That's why I laugh in the face of socialists. I can see their point, and might even be swayed to some sort of techno tyranny, but your Utopian commie wet dreams are nothing in the face of the Burgerdevil. People will fight you, to keep you from torching their neighborhood Wendy's.

>>17388297
Like Op said, it is difficult for me to imagine anything but this corporate cyberpunk future because, the slaves themselves will fight to maintain it. It's like trying to ban smoking. It took years to get halfway there.

COVID Type 8 holds some hope for change. I'm hoping fertility tanks due to masks ruining sexual market value. Plus icky germs and such. Perhaps when no Ponzi scheme can be run due to decreasing population something will change. But again, America just compensates with immigration. Long Live the Burger King!- er I mean, Burgerpunk.

>> No.17392609

>>17388297
Why does Burgerpunk only have this one single image to represent itself?

>> No.17392612
File: 422 KB, 989x732, vote neither.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.17392616
File: 855 KB, 2048x1536, 1611630087713[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17392609
It does?

>> No.17392638

>>17388297
>Mark Fisher
Stopped reading there

>> No.17392639
File: 3.60 MB, 2318x3000, Picklegate.dud.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17392609
it's considered remarkable because of its flatness. As expressed in Banned Burgerpunk, &amp issue 1. It all hits your eye at once. I suppose you can take a photo like this at almost any dense truck stop type area.

>> No.17392645

>>17392609
It's funny too because it's obviously a gas station rest stop at a small highway town but I guess people think the whole country is like that

>> No.17392653
File: 80 KB, 640x480, images - 2021-01-27T093727.873.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

America can be nice too.
Heres a picture of boston.
I think everyone gives america too much of a hard time, ease up. We dont need the negativity right now srsly.

>> No.17392658

>>17389766 This is a good burgerpunk photo, can I use it? Assuming you took it.

>>17392609

I made my early BVRGVRPVNK pages with black backgrounds trying to illustrate how the light up signs capture the attention and the night sky. See upcoming &amp Issue 4.

>> No.17392663

>>17392653
ironically posts pre-burgerpunk building and neighborhood photo

>> No.17392683
File: 164 KB, 773x1000, Vol 1 P 3 BVRGVRPVNK .dud.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17392658
picrel

MFW Every FapCha is BVRGVRPVNK :)

>> No.17392691

>>17392683
If Burgerpunk was an image board it would be in Style: Tomorrow.