[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.95 MB, 2911x4342, Louis_Français-Dantès_sur_son_rocher.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17372604 No.17372604 [Reply] [Original]

Just finished to read this. What did I think of it ?

>> No.17372622

>>17372604
Are you alberto?

>> No.17372623

>>17372604
It's your favorite novel if you just read it for the first time in high school. Otherwise you think it's pretty good.

>> No.17372893

He definitely went too far in his revenge against Villefort. He literally encouraged Villeforts wife to poison his entire (!) family. The most powerful scene in the book imo was the culmination of his revenge against Fernand. Morcef had already lost everything and at least wanted to kill the man who ruined him (or die trying). Then the Count basically says he deserves it for living such an evil life but Fernand counters that nothing he's done warrants what Monte Cristo did to him (seemingly unprovoked) and starts going through his misdeeds. The Count keeps saying "go back further" until he finally reveals that he is Dantes and Morcef drops the pistol and stumbles out of the room. The extortion of Danglars was also kind of cringe but hey he lived his whole life for money so I guess the revenge on him should be money related.

>> No.17374007

>>17372604
Read it last year and it’s pretty good. I think I could have gotten away with reading the abridged version though

>> No.17374034

I liked it because my name is Maxwell