[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 110 KB, 1200x800, Screen_Shot_2017_06_27_at_1.05.21_PM.0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17243483 No.17243483 [Reply] [Original]

how do i start reading instead of scrooling?

>> No.17243495 [DELETED] 

>>17243483
>spend less time scrolling
>spend more time reading
it’s that’s simple. any other answer is gay. just force yourself to read and use the internet less, eventually your attention span will fix itself.

>> No.17243498

Just pick up a book and start reading you dumb fucking frogposter

>> No.17243512
File: 340 KB, 551x838, FFD42281-78C4-4940-88E5-4D0F7DA4CD65.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pick up a book, particularly this one

>> No.17243542

>>17243483
>And so it is daunting to realize that I am entering a designated later era of life. My goals, interests, and ambitions are changing in predictable fashion. Erik Erikson, in his study of the life cycle, described this late-life stage as generativity, a post-narcissism era when attention turns from expansion of oneself toward care and concern for succeeding generations. Now, as I have reached seventy, I can appreciate the clarity of Erikson’s vision. His concept of generativity feels right to me. I want to pass on what I have learned. And as soon as possible.
But offering guidance and inspiration to the next generation of psychotherapists is exceedingly problematic today, because our field is in such crisis. An economically driven health-care system mandates a radical modification in psychological treatment, and psychotherapy is now obliged to be streamlined — that is, above all, inexpensive and, perforce, brief, superficial, and insubstantial.

Here is some insight on how some people get old. You just scrolled and read something that is not complete channer retardation.

>> No.17243665

try writing down what do you want to do tomorrow (aside from scrolling) and then do it, and do that everyday
one ends up mindlessly scrolling because of not really having clear what exactly do you want to do
You can train yourself to be more aware by doing the exercise to take note of what you did during the day and write what you want to do the next day
Writing it down makes it easier, it is not necessary to keep a diary, you can throw away the papers after they do their
dont be neurotic about it

>> No.17243911

>>17243483
Take a few notes and write something of your own. Consider writing a little "book report" thread about what you read on /lit/, which would actually be a constructive on-topic activity, and would help you to form your own opinion and your retention of the work.

Every 10 or 20 pages or so, just kinda pause for a minute and think "so what's the point of that bit? How does it relate to the rest of what the author is doing?" This works for both fiction and non-fiction.

>> No.17243928

If I had the skills/patience I would create a website where you could upload an epub and then read it as you were reading an imageboard thread.