[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 41 KB, 300x316, Humanism.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1709654 No.1709654 [Reply] [Original]

So one can definitely feel "good" or "bad". What causes the feelings is subjective, yes, but they do surely happen. Could these possibly link to the concept of "good" and "evil"? Do good and evil exist?

Also, what do you guys think of the idea that everything you do is considered selfish (not selfless). Is this the nature of the self?

>> No.1709660

He who farts in church be sitting in own pew.

>> No.1709665

>>1709660
What goes around, comes around? hehe

>> No.1709669
File: 11 KB, 238x250, 1288680017450.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>people are still asking if good and evil exist

>> No.1709682

>>1709669
Don't get me wrong, I don't think they exist.

I guess the overwhelming subjectivity of it all blurs them beyond recognition, no?

>> No.1709705

>>1709682
The lack of an objective source renders the concept useless as well.

As for the self, projections Nd subjectivity of experience, well, yeah it is odd to think about. A reaction to a spider for some may be fear and disgust, to another they may really like spiders. What do these projections indicate about what the spider actually is? Nothing really, the spider is just a spider.

I think in this sense, the nature of the self is to try and control our internal experience of reality and instead of having an authentic sense of being and appreciation for the world beyond the world we experience.

>> No.1709775

>>1709654
>Could these possibly link to the concept of "good" and "evil"?
If you think something is universally likeable/unlikeable you call it good/evil.

>Do good and evil exist?
Well, those concepts sure exist. I've never seen any good or evil thing in the real world though.

>Also, what do you guys think of the idea that everything you do is considered selfish (not selfless).
I agree.

>Is this the nature of the self?
Uh... "nature of the self"...I wouldn't say this, I don't belive in a "human anture", those are dangerous fields...
But I think that every living being is selfish. And who by "selfish" understands "greedy bastard" is a moron.