[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 215 KB, 350x478, Basil_of_Caesarea.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17062843 No.17062843[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

>According to Orthodoxy, Heaven and Hell are relations to or experiences of God's just and loving presence, with often used analogy being how Sun melts wax and hardens the clay, with different reactions to sunlight depending not on sun but the matter that reacts to it. Similarly, Saints enjoy the loving presence of God, while the damned are enraged by it
Is this why atheists and liberals seethe whenever the subject of religion is brought up?

>> No.17062885

But history is all you need to bring up to disprove this bullshit and the other bullshit that God prefers one people over the others. The Byzantine Empire is the prime example of what happens to a country when its rulers refuse to free their state from the shackles of religious dogmatism and pull it out of the dark ages. The Turks were fairly more tolerant and their empire lasted until the 20th century. Take notes fucking orthodogs.

>> No.17062895

>>17062885
The Roman Empire never fell. The Vatican still holds firm.

>> No.17062898

>>17062885
Yeah but christianity was clearly the superior driving force for innovation and technology in Europe while the Turks shit in holes in the ground still

>> No.17062902

>>17062895
Based. Ecclesia vivit lege romana.

>> No.17062922

>>17062895
I said the Byzantine Empire not the Holy Roman Empire.

>>17062898
Ask Leonardo whether he was allowed to examine corpses without getting shit flinged by the church because of some retarded superstitions, also ask Galileo about what the faggot pope did to him.

>> No.17062931

>>17062922
>Galileo
literally a meme

>> No.17062933

>>17062931
>your historical literacy
literally a meme

>> No.17062936

>>17062885
I wouldn't say that The Byzantine Empire's religious preference is really what caused them to fall at all. They were just fairly cut off from their allies farther west and the Turks already held control of most of the surrounding land anyways. It was mostly a ceremonial conquering by an empire that had far more resources. Plus, the people in the region didn't really have any issues with the Turks, so they saw no reason to aid the Byzantine's in their defense

>> No.17062950

>>17062885
The Byzantine Empire lasted for like 1000 years. The Ottoman empire collapsed in half that time. Therefore, the Byzantines are better.

See. I can do it too.

>>17062895
Basado

>>17062922
>>17062936

Even corpses have to be treated with dignity. Also, read Feyerabend's Against Method to see how kinda shit Galileo's methods were an dhow much of a (funny) troll he was as well. He was right but that was in spite of the work he did to forward heliocentrism, not because of it. Copernicus is unironically the better scientist of the two.

>> No.17062958

>>17062936
Nah, their backward mentality did it for them, virtually every historian criticizes the Byzantine empire for pluming themselves on their past achievements instead of looking ahead like western Europe.

>> No.17062987

>>17062933
>calling others illiterate when not having any idea about he's talking about
Dubs wasted
https://www.scientus.org/Galileo-Myths.html

>> No.17062993

>>17062922
Bad example, Leonardo earned a living from his commissions from the church. He did all the corpse fucking on his own time thanks to Christianity

>> No.17063015

>>17062987
>link a pro-church fake news website
next thing you're gonna do is say QAnon is real

>> No.17063026

>>17062885
>trying to disprove metaphysics with history

>> No.17063033

>>17063026
Metaphysics ultimately boil down to whether you wish to believe or not, there's a reason why they were considered a joke by the 19th century

>> No.17063036

>>17063015
>discarding sources because disagrees with opinion
>discarding it's not even exclusively about Galileo and the church
Why do I always expect some degree of sincerity from you people?

>> No.17063060

>>17063036
This is not a source, it's the figment of the imagination of some churchman who wants to revise history to cover up the atrocities and crimes of the church.

>> No.17063198

>>17063060
Nigger you have the sources at the bottom

>> No.17063214

>>17063198
Also
> deny the atrocities and crimes of the church
I didn't deny them, stop having typical emotional responses. And oh yeah I forgot how great and completely ethical the French Revolution, and places like the Soviet Union and China were

>> No.17063233
File: 31 KB, 940x254, hh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17063198
Oh wow a bunch of citations of statements made by any literal who that happened to concur with the author of the website is surely gonna change my mind. He can't definitely be a clown if he included George Bush as a source.

>> No.17063282

>>17063015
>pro-church fake news website
Reddit moment
>>17062885
>un-ironically calling turks tolerant and advanced compared to the orthodox
This is bait, right?

>> No.17063301

>>17062958
Name a single historian that had familiarity with the sources and believed that
Historians don't even buy into the "Byzantium lost Egypt because they were evil persecutors" meme anymore because it was innately retarded
Some emperors made statements occasionally, but they were never actually carried out
If anything, Byzantium comes off as a weirdly modern state, between switching political systems every half a century and accidentally stumbling into fiat currency
Dogmatism and close mindedness would be the last thing to accuse them off

>> No.17063327
File: 29 KB, 459x278, 3a8197.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17062885
>The Byzantine Empire is the prime example of what happens to a country when its rulers refuse to free their state from the shackles of religious dogmatism and pull it out of the dark ages.
>The Turks were fairly more tolerant and their empire lasted until the 20th century.
Good bait.

>> No.17063356

>>17063282
No, it's common knowledge that the Muslims back then were quite tolerant of homosexual acts and when they conquered Spain they did not fully impose their religion on the Spanish. They were also more skilled in the medical field than Christians ever were in the middle ages and contributed to reviving western the civilizations as opposed to the cucked monks of Europe.

>> No.17063380

>>17063301
>Name a single historian that had familiarity with the sources and believed that
George Finlay

>> No.17063396

>>17063356
Supreme bait.
I'll bait.
Islam and Muslims were never more advanced than Western nations, they were just more numerous and vicious. Even today Muslims do not value their lives as much as Westerners do, just watch any of the Yemen war videos, they literally can't be bothered to dodge deadly gunfire. Also a society isn't progressive if it allows faggots to run around freely. If anything a society that bans and actively discourages degeneracy is the more progressive one because then people can focus their attention and effort on actually important questions. That is why Germany under Hitler became as powerful as it did in such a short time span. This is also why China which isn't burdened with false progressiveness will be the new golem instead of the current one which has outlived it's usefulness for their masters.

>> No.17063403
File: 467 KB, 1500x2250, 81IqHPyc1mL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ordered this book but I've been warned to only read it under the guidance of a spiritual master or priest. Anybody read this and if so why are newbies not recommended to read it?

>> No.17063418

>>17063396
>Also a society isn't progressive if it allows faggots to run around freely
blatant calumnies from a miserable virgin
>That is why Germany under Hitler became as powerful as it did in such a short time span
Your nazee idols were top notch degenerates who set up brothels and fucked whores wherever they went
>This is also why China which isn't burdened with false progressiveness will be the new golem instead of the current one which has outlived it's usefulness for their masters.
Come back when chinkland will collapse on its own and start over from scratch once again in a few decades, it's only a matter of time before people get fed up with the oppressive regime and carry out another revolution,

>> No.17063544

>>17063403
I'd say its a bit of an exaggeration to say you can't read it without the guidance of a spiritual father or priest, but there's a lot that can be a little strange or even misleading if you don't have a grounding in theology. I know this is /lit/ and we're all pseuds who can't admit we don't understand something, but I only read a bit of the philokalia and definitely had stuff that went over my head because I didn't know the theological context.

>> No.17063562

>>17063418
>blatant calumnies from a miserable virgin
I am happily married and have kids.
But even if I was a virgin, do you seriously think such stupid insults would work? You're a miserable tranny that will never be a woman, you will neck yourself sooner or later, heck even if that wasn't the case and you were someone actually successful I'd still not feel insulted. Do you know why? Because unlike "lefties" (although under real communism you lot get purged as it should be) we can take it when people talk back to us and not get offended and just repeat stupid washed out comebacks on and on.
>Your nazee idols were top notch degenerates who set up brothels and fucked whores wherever they went
I am a communist, but regardless what you're saying cannot be backed up by any sources, other then some liberal news media and so called fact checkers. If you can provide a book that isn't written by Jews or their allies that documents such behavior. I'd be more than willing to read up on it. Lastly, foot soldier aren't of much importance, the leaders had an average IQ over 120. And degeneracy was purged, as evident with the book burning, which is now painted as a bad thing, but everybody fails to discuss the contents of those works now a days (how convenient?)
>Come back when chinkland will collapse on its own and start over from scratch once again in a few decades, it's only a matter of time before people get fed up with the oppressive regime and carry out another revolution
This won't happen because they actually modernized communism and made it work like national communism, which couldn't have happened elsewhere because those societies weren't ethno states unlike China, which has a Han Chinese majority. I dislike them and would want to live under German rule, but better to live under China than to have faggots parading on the streets. Heck I'd even take Sharia Law over that.

>> No.17063575

>>17062885
Here's your (you) now go back to r*ddit

>> No.17063607

>>17063562
>I am happily married and have kids.
Nice LARP, everyone knows you're a kissless virgin and the closest thing to a woman that you own is a body pillow.
>If you can provide a book that isn't written by Jews or their allies that documents such behavior
If you're a communist you should know who's behind the communist revolution instead of joining the stormfags in their unwarranted anti-semitism.
>This won't happen because they actually modernized communism and made it work like national communism, which couldn't have happened elsewhere because those societies weren't ethno states unlike China, which has a Han Chinese majority. I dislike them and would want to live under German rule, but better to live under China than to have faggots parading on the streets. Heck I'd even take Sharia Law over that.
This whole paragraph reeks of a bitter virgin who's never tasted juicy pussy in his whole life, the Biden administration will deserve all the praise in the world if it manages to deplatform a disgusting outlet of racism and bigotry like this.

>> No.17063666

>>17063607
You know I wrote a fairly long rant to insult you back. But at the end of it I felt bad for one wasting my time by arguing with a nameless faggot and two, for being mean to someone without a genuine reason. Look you do you bro, but using washed up insults won't make your life better. Biden banning people from having a platform won't make your life better either, regardless of what you may think of it now. If you genuinely want to be happy, you'd have to go out there, get /fit/ along the way, then find meaning (whatever that is in your case, as long as it's not a mindless pursuit of hedonistic pleasures, because that would be in vain). So yes you can choose to be a "witty" troll and own "the racists and anti-Semites", whilst staying a sad loser who contributes nothing back to society, or you can go out there and do something meaningful. Even if it's just spreading your hateful agenda out there, it's still an improvement to doing this. Goodbye and best of luck! May you find Jesus one day brother.

>> No.17063681

>>17063607
That was fake communism.
Real communism has unironically never been applied until China came along.

>> No.17063683

>>17063666
>Biden banning people from having a platform won't make your life better either
no it will make the lives of countless people better because they won't have to deal with assholes like you

>> No.17063700

>>17063683
Imagine being this fragile that the opinion of some random Chud online can shake you up, kek.

>> No.17063721

>>17062843
What does the first part of the post have to do with the last line?

>> No.17063889

>>17062898
Lmao how can a post be so wrong?

>> No.17064252

>>17063026
Christianity is nothing but historical events though. It is part of why it is borderline atheism. Christians live or die on whether a particular historical event this one time at this one place happened or not. The veneration of a chosen historical tribe, the sanctification of a Roman court decision, the worship of the putrid corpse of Golgotha.

Christians can't do metaphysics, they can't justify their religion philosophically. It all hinges on buying into historical events and historicity.

>> No.17064307
File: 585 KB, 1060x1600, Tommy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17064252
>Christians can't do metaphysics, they can't justify their religion philosophically
I'm gonna have to stop you right there

>> No.17064384

>>17062843
You will never be a real Jew. You have no covenant, you have no bloodline, you are not part of the Tribe. You are a goy man twisted by lies and fables into a crude mockery of Hashem's perfection.

All the “validation” you get is two-faced and half-hearted. Behind your back people mock you. Your ancestors are disgusted and ashamed of you, your “friends” laugh at your ghoulish behavior behind closed doors.

Jews are utterly repulsed by you. Thousands of years of evolution have allowed Jews to sniff out frauds with incredible efficiency. Even Christians who “pass” look uncanny and unnatural to a Jew. Your low verbal intelligence is a dead giveaway. And even if you manage to get a drunk Jew to treat you as an equal, he’ll turn tail and bolt the second he gets a whiff of your diseased, infected axe wound.

You will never be happy. You wrench out a fake smile every single morning and tell yourself it’s going to be ok, but deep inside you feel the depression creeping up like a weed, ready to crush you under the unbearable weight.

Eventually it’ll be too much to bear - you’ll buy a rope, tie a noose, put it around your neck, and plunge into the cold abyss. Your ancestors will find you, heartbroken but relieved that they no longer have to live with the unbearable shame and disappointment. They’ll bury you with a headstone marked with your birth name, and every passerby for the rest of eternity will know a goy is buried there. Your body will decay and go back to the dust, and all that will remain of your legacy is a skeleton that is unmistakably goyish.

This is your fate. This is what you chose. There is no turning back.

>> No.17065708

>>17063396
>>>/pol/

>> No.17065728
File: 116 KB, 699x749, 1597781587270.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17064252
>Christianity is borderline atheism

>> No.17065881

>>17062895
>>The Roman Empire never fell.
the roman empire is not christian tough and it fell due to those jews

>> No.17065889

>>17062843
>>17062895
>>17062898
>>17062902
>>17062950
>>17062993
>>17063403
>>17064307
Christian culture is centered around Jews. They have holidays for Jews. They killed hundreds of thousands of white men to worship Jews. They listen to Jewish psalms. They elect a Jew as their first pope. They call you a Jew for not worshiping a Jew. They draw the entirety of their culture from Jewish mythology. They post stories about Jews. They celebrate the religious life of Early Jews. Their biggest event of the year involves the birth of a Jew. They use Jewish words like "Hallelujah" and "Amen" and name their children after Jews. When you say "Judeans/Israelites" they're not thinking of a Middle Eastern people. They're thinking of their "ancestors". Their churches are completely adorned with Jews. They worship their saints and prophets disproportionately filled with Jews and their Apostles also filled with Jews. Their men sit around dying for the King of the Kews while their women sit around praying to a Jewish mother. They worship Jews like Saul of Tarsus and Jehohanan and Thomas and the rabbi Yeshuah bar Yosef while attacking the Greeks and Romans who actually built an empire and scientific institutions before Jew worshipers took over. They hate Jews who don’t worship their Jew but love Jews who do worship him. They send their Jew worshipers to kill those who don’t worship Jews and celebrate when Ancient European monuments and shrines get destroyed because they don’t honour Jews. They read Jewish books to a point where "Holy Lands" does not make them think of their ancestral homelands but about a desert instead. They will tell you how much they hate Jews and how they threw them out all the time and they are just pretending to live with them now but the evidence speaks for itself in that Christianity has always been and will be a religion of Jew worship

>> No.17066234

>>17065889
Take your meds, schizo