[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 585 KB, 1577x2306, 913iapS+mTL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17054472 No.17054472 [Reply] [Original]

Is psychiatry the witch hunt of our times?

>> No.17054498

>>17054472
Definitely
Those nowadays who exhibit abnormal behaviour that makes them unable to cope/fit into the system are advised by almost everyone to “get help” (meaning go get prescribed drugs that don’t improve your mental state but will subdue you enough so that you’re able to blend into the system)
All hereditary mental illnesses exist nowadays because they were at one point useful for survival
Psychiatry that goes beyond just talking about how you feel/trying to sort trauma and solve problems through words is a spook

>> No.17054511

>>17054498
>All hereditary mental illnesses exist nowadays because they were at one point useful for survival
I don't think so. That's like saying that having flat feet was at one point useful

>> No.17054546

Earnst Becker, Pulitzer Prize winning anthropologist and author of The Denial of Death, once lost a professorship for defending Szasz's right to free speech

>> No.17054549

>>17054511
Maybe not all but certainly some and the others that maybe weren’t beneficial continue to exist because they weren’t damaging enough to wipe out the bloodlines that carried them.
The requirements of modern society have worsened the effects of them by a long shot, (teenagers with adhd having to sit in school for hours on end to have any success whereas years ago this wasn’t necessary to have a successful life)

>> No.17054556

>>17054472
Depression is an invention to stifle the better people in this society, the potential dissidents and revolutionaries with bluepills. The pills do not work if you have articulate thoughts behind your depression that resist when the existential pain is gone. If you still feel that the world has gone the wrong way the mental health system turns hostile to you, they will start giving you medication that does not correspond with your diagnosis of depression, they will try to have you locked up because at all costs you have to go back to work. If you never bow down and become a drone they will call you insane and they will have the papers to prove it, if you kill yourself the newspaper will say "he was ill" because it is important to never say that you might have had a point.

>> No.17054564

Trannies are absolutely mentally ill

>> No.17054566

>>17054472
Is Szasz worth reading? The basic premise of his books seems based, but he belonged to a certain lineage which makes me suspect if it isn't the usual subversion.

>> No.17054569

>>17054472
>zsazs
>bang
>baddabing
>kappaw

>> No.17054570

>>17054472
this. I went to my psychiatrist and she pretty much tried to burn me at the steak

>> No.17054571

>>17054498
>“get help” (meaning go get prescribed drugs that don’t improve your mental state but will subdue you enough so that you’re able to blend into the system)
great summary and my exact experience. the literally want to sedate you even if the chance is very minor that you would need to be sedated. they don't want to be sued so if you walk in the door they want you on antipsychotics that put you straight to sleep

>>17054511
Name one mental illness and type "evolutionary origin of" and you'll find a theory. I don't think it will apply to personality disorders though

>> No.17054576

>>17054566
Not all Jews are bad bro, I'm Jewish and I'm not

>> No.17054593

>>17054576
>trust me goy I'm a good jew

>> No.17054598
File: 118 KB, 850x300, laing-86a9c24fafbae44f656c744962434f0a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Don't take your meds.
Do LSD.
Have sex with undergraduate students.

>> No.17054602

>>17054570
Burnt steaks are terrible.

>> No.17054607

>>17054593
I'm not even practicing you schizo

>> No.17054612

>>17054598
Is Laing worth reading?

>> No.17054616

>>17054498
>Those nowadays who exhibit abnormal behaviour that makes them unable to cope/fit into the system are advised by almost everyone to “get help”
The only people I know who are medicated either did so of their own volition or were completely miserable wrecks who also happened to be dangerous. I do not know many people personally who regret getting on their medication or going to a therapist. You guys are always going on about how you're schizoid or whatever but then say you're against treatment. Dispense with the diagnosis too, just b urself

>> No.17054618

>>17054549
I think it's just a kind of overshoot of traits. My parents are both quite energetic, slightly crazy people, which makes them very productive and multifaceted, but in me it manifested into bipolar disorder.

I really can't imagine bipolar disorder helping anyone survive or reproduce. Maybe during mania it can help but it as often is disastrous, and the depressive periods are quite debilitating. Manic episodes literally degrade your prefrontal cortex too, each one eats away at your actual brain matter.

Schizophrenia is even worse, it really doesn't have any positive aspects.

>> No.17054626
File: 55 KB, 337x212, Dr_Thomas_S_Szasz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17054576
I don't doubt that, but his demeanor isn't exactly reassuring.

>> No.17054650

>>17054616
Kids with ADHD nowadays are force fed adderall for having difficulty concentrating in class for hours on end (a perfectly normal trait for literal children), modern antidepressants do not work at all and instead of lifting your mood just numb you so you can’t feel anything including sadness. All effective anti depressants are either illegal or available as dietary supplements. I’m not against treatment but fuck treatment when it just means administering drugs to anyone just because their mental state is an in incidence for the system

>> No.17054659

>>17054650
Inconvenience** not in incidence fuck

>> No.17054676

I´ve become convinced that autism is largely something to do with atavism; once I started analyzing my own life experience (i.e. being autistic) from the perspective of a primitive/hunter gatherer everything just started to make perfect sense.
>>17054498
based

>> No.17054687

>>17054616
>The only people I know who are medicated either did so of their own volition
You know why? Because nobody will try to help you personally. Friends won't do that, family won't do that. Nobody will do that, because there has been a constant hammering with propaganda in their heads to tell them that when you have a depression problem, your life is not the problem, you are the problem. You are ill, you need a doctor. So all that people will do is tell you to see a doctor. If I were ill with pneumonia of course my family would urge me to see a doctor and not attempt to try helping me no their own because it might backfire. People have been educated to do exactly the same with unhappiness. Just look at all the articles like "don't say these things to a depressed person or you will make things worse!" which looked fair and nice at first but had the desired effect that people now will tell you nothing at all, they will just say "go to the doctor". If you are sad, you go to a therapist. People will link the stupid shitty numbers because this way they can "help" without really saying or doing anything, so they will love this idea. Because in the end all people who are subjects to the system are indoctrinated to think of people unhappy with the system as enemies, and they know that the mental health infrastructure doesn't really work, but at the same time they want that enemy gone, and they can get rid of that enemy by linking a number or using a canned phrase about seeing a doctor.

>> No.17054702

>>17054650
I'm schizophrenic, is the meds for that a meme in your opinion?

Serious question btw.

>> No.17054712

Psychiatry the business is a massive scam to sell drugs.
Psychiatry the practice is 100% real and mental illness is 100% real. Don’t take this as an attack on you because I fully understand your position, but try having a schizophrenic family member or a family member with PTSD from fighting in a war and tell me it’s fake. Meeting an Iraq vet with mental illness induced by his combat experience is one of the most soul crushing, saddest things ever. I met this guy once who was so fucked up from Iraq that you could easily mistake him for a Parkinson’s patient and it was the only time I’ve ever wanted to cry just from witnessing human suffering

>> No.17054716
File: 96 KB, 748x605, 1007084545.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17054598
>undergraduates
Middle school pussy is the best, but it's best to wife them up then.

>> No.17054718

>>17054702
Not him but I think the medicines might not be necessary at all if you lived in a world without stupid shit like technology, etc. You're like someone who gets ill with cancer because you live next to a radioactive waste dump. Yeah sure you need treatment but the source of the problem is the radioactive waste dump.

>> No.17054725

>>17054676
Explain

>> No.17054729

>>17054712
Isn't there a theory that PTSD from war is actually brain damage from explosions

>> No.17054746

>>17054702
I’ll admit to you that I don’t know an awful lot about the medications administered for schizophrenia or what they do so I can’t give an in detail answer
I don’t think your meds are a meme but I do take issue with meds being administered against a patients will. Sure take meds if they make you feel better but forcing drugs on someone because their mental state is inconvenient to others will never be okay in my opinion (except in cases where they pose real threat to others)
hope this answers your question

>> No.17054753

>>17054612
I enjoyed The Politics of Experience but I'm mentally ill and RD Laing objectively failed as a father, failed his schizophrenic daughter, and was also a philanderer.

>> No.17054787

>>17054618
>Schizophrenia is even worse, it really doesn't have any positive aspects.
It's basically the origin of philosophy

>> No.17054788

>>17054618
>I really can't imagine bipolar disorder helping anyone survive or reproduce.

I've been diagnosed with bipolar as well. I did find this: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22036090/
You can plug that in to sci-hub.tw if you want to read the paywalled paper.

My other argument is that if we were living as an ancestors did, bipolar episodes probably wouldn't occur. Likely our environment.. either social, lifestyle, diet, etc. is likely causing our dysfunction.
After my big psychotic episode I did become more "wise and grounded" like RD Laing says. Took over a year to be free of delusions but then had some breakthroughs. If I never have another psychotic episode, I'll actually remain thankful for the one I did have. Few people will ever understand what they are like or ever know that sort of terror

>> No.17054796
File: 626 KB, 1200x1607, gilles_deleuze_and_guattari.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17054598
based

>> No.17054808

>>17054650
Oh yeah, I always forget about medicating kids. Personally I blame the parents for thinking it's a good idea.

>>17054687
Depression doesn't mean "unhappiness." My old gf that I lived with for a bit would have intense depressive episodes, there was literally nothing to be said or done about it, she would spend days sulking in a dark room, not even mindlessly browsing the internet or whatever. Though she's better now, and never got medicated for it though she did see a therapist. Anyway I guess my point is that some people really do need professional help, no amount of love and kindness can pull someone out of a truly catastrophic downward spiral, and they may even reject it. Don't get me wrong, I think we're overmedicated as a society (and this applies to more than just psychiatric drugs), but this framing of it as a struggle against some evil controlling force does no one any favors. People need to be better informed about their options, and what works, and what the associated risks are.

>> No.17054826

>>17054472
What does Szasz say that Foucault doesn't?

>> No.17054837

>>17054808
Intense depressive episodes sound like something more than average depression
The brain has a mechanism that prevents us from pursuing unachievable goals, depression is when the negative goal receptors in the brain are overdeveloped so they make you see things like getting out of bed, showering and other simple tasks as unachievable when they aren’t

With the growth of the system which is now basically inescapable mental illnesses will skyrocket and psychiatry with them, if your girlfriend wasn’t living in the current system it’s likely she would’ve never developed such an illness

>> No.17054841

>>17054725
I don´t remember how I came to the realization but it came like an epiphany. If you presented a psychiatrist/physician/whatever with an uncivilized primitive struggling to adapt to modern life, then to this mental health expert his traits would appear a lot like "autistic" traits. I´m not sure how to explicate it better than this.
After my epiphany on atavism I searched around a bit and found a website dedicated to just this topic https://autismandhumanatavism.tumblr.com/
Admittedly I have not looked much more into it since then, but intuitively I´m convinced there´s much truth to it, I think there are some theories about neanderthal DNA "causing" autism, but I haven´t looked into it.

Random quotes from studies/articles quoted on the website: "Autism...is referenced in studies of fossil hominin brain structure and function, either as an analogy for developmental differences between closely related species or as a potentially atavistic indication of actual primitive phenotypes. For example, an autistic child lacking language created naturalistic artwork much like that from the Upper Paleolithic, on the basis of which it was suggested that fAMHS could have also lacked fully modern cognition"

"Autism and immune dysfunction are frequently comorbid. This supports an admixture model in light of the recent discovery that MHC alleles (genes linked to immune function, mate selection, neuronal "pruning," etc.) found in most modern human populations come from "archaic" hominids."

>> No.17054854

>>17054788
My episode was very positive in affect, and I was only given the bipolar1 diagnosis because i had religious delusions. The problem with religious delusions is of course that they are indistinguishable from religious beliefs in general, so I have never quite been able to stop being deluded, and I can't actually tell if Im deluded or simply religious.

It was frightening though, the sense of overwhelming awe in the presence of what I thought was some kind of God or divine essence was extremely affecting.

>> No.17054900

>>17054702
>asking opinions on schizo meds on 4chan
Please keep taking them before there's yet another retard spamming wojaks saying "doctor says you have schizophrenia therefore it real"

>> No.17054935

>>17054808
>Depression doesn't mean "unhappiness."
I have had (diagnosed) major depression for the past 10 years or so, I have no idea how I haven't caved in and killed myself but I am still here thanks to every shred of willpower I have left. I have no problem saying it is "unhappiness". I don't care about your girlfriend's story. We can argue about semantics all day if you want but I don't know why people are so fixated on semantics over the reasoning and context.

>> No.17054954

>>17054935
Anon maybe this will sound pathetic to you but look into DL-phenylalanine please. It’s not a drug so no loony shit it’s only a dietary supplement but it works wonders for lifting the mood even to those with heavy depression. I’m not promising it’ll work but it’s worth a try and better than becoming dependent on Prozac

>> No.17054958

>>17054787
How do I know if I have schizophrenia or not? I have a voice in my head but I know it's mine. Is it when these voices are seperate from yourself that it's schizophrenia?
Take hallucinogens, then I feel EVERYONE

>> No.17054985

>>17054837
Man, are you really gonna say psychiatry is horseshit and then go on about "negative goal receptors?" You're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. I also think you're overstating the "modern" nature of this problem. People have suffered from "melancholia" going back as far as we have records.

>> No.17054993

>>17054935
Cool and I don't care what you think either, asshole

>> No.17055004

>>17054985
I never said all psychiatry is bullshit, I think discussing problems with a therapist can be helpful, I don’t think drugging yourself is in most cases which is an increasing aspect of psychiatry today.

>> No.17055007

>>17054985
>People have suffered from "melancholia" going back as far as we have records.
Yeah but it wasn't every other person, and the nature of it was probably very different.

>> No.17055011

>>17055004
Fair enough, we're in agreement on that anyway.

>> No.17055024

>>17054993
Of course you don't care, I don't have a hole between my legs

>> No.17055042

>>17055007
And it's not every other person now either. It probably was experienced differently, but symptoms are symptoms and they've remained the same. There is a medical museum in my city that has a collection of skulls from all over the world. Each one has a little card next to it with the name and age of the person (if known), where they lived, and cause and time of death. One that stuck with me: a young man from rural Poland drowned himself in a river some 200 years ago, after deciding that life was not worth living. Does it sound like he was depressed?

>> No.17055048

Read this book, and I thought that what he had to say about the conflict between liberty and psychiatry was justified. But it seems that supporting someone like Szasz would mean destabilising an integral part of how our society heals itself. In other words he might be right but even if he is we should ignore him. Mustapha Monde would have sent him to that island along with the savage.

>> No.17055054

>>17055042
>One that stuck with me: a young man from rural Poland drowned himself in a river some 200 years ago, after deciding that life was not worth living. Does it sound like he was depressed?
Of course not, he was just Polish

>> No.17055056

>>17054837
>depression is when the negative goal receptors in the brain are overdeveloped
sounds legit

>>17054854
my psychotic episode was nor negative then that, but the heights of mania are wonderful and I accomplished some things during those episodes that are genuinely good. for me, the mental anguish and pain experienced during and after psychosis was a turning point in my life. my entire personality and outlook on life has changed for the better since that moment. but if I had been stuck in that state for more than a month I wouldn't hesitate to kill myself. It was mental hell, beyond depression

>> No.17055063

>>17055024
You're being hostile for no reason, over what you yourself called semantics. So, what are your reasoning and context? Why are you the way you are?

>> No.17055070

>>17054958
>Is it when these voices are seperate from yourself that it's schizophrenia?
Can be, you don't have schizophrenia though

Schizophrenia usually involves major delusions, not just hallucinatory episodes - you can even get those from drinking too much coffee

>> No.17055075

>>17055063
This conversation is poisoned the moment women enter the picture. Women don't experience depression like men, if they do at all, and if you don't understand this you are simply yet another braindead agent of the system I don't want to talk to.

>> No.17055101

>>17055011
the issues with psychiatry are the same issues with that pharma industry, social welfare, and legal system combined.

1. pharma is motivated by profit to push new drugs that are not more effective, but are still under patent. effective drugs like lithium or herbal options are passed up
2. they shut down the asylums for being inhumane so now the homeless are just on the street, system wants them neutralized with drugs, the cheapest fastest solution
3. legal system encourages lawsuits so the psychiatrist MUST push drugs for their own career security. failure to treat = "an incident" = lost license, malpractice suit, life ruined

>> No.17055102

>>17055075
Just fucking kill yourself you miserable bitch, goddamn

>> No.17055121

>>17054958
you can relatively easily cause auditory hallucinations from extended sleepless periods. i think most bipolar audio hallucinations are due to lack of sleep during mania. schizophrenia is related to bipolar in many ways but i think the hallucinations and delusions there are through some other mechanism

>> No.17055122

>>17054958
>How do I know if I have schizophrenia or not?
You are convinced of delusional things. Typical schizophrenia is the guy who says the ayys are mind controlling him and he needs to wear a tinfoil hat.
Autism is a very narrow thing as well but it's used willy-nilly these days.

>> No.17055153

>>17055102
You wish. If I killed myself you would win. Not giving people the satisfaction is all that keeps me alive, and it's a pretty good anchor because I will never doubt the determination and ruthlessness with which the system wants me dead simply for not being a serf. Women respond differently to SSRIs and they don't have the same suicide statistics, so yes I am right.

>> No.17055184

>>17055056
Well that is good, I hope that continues for you. Some people just have the one episode

>> No.17055207

>>17054472
Macintyre contends that the therapist has a legitimate clinical role, but that for the most part it is the defining career of the age in that it corrals neurotic individuals into productivity. Ultimately all of man's problems can be explained using the seven sins, the seven virtues, and mimetic theory.

Fuck the post-modern reddit therapy cult

>> No.17055220
File: 173 KB, 1200x1800, weariness-of-the-self.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Antidepressants more or less diminish the identity insecurities of individuals who feel chronically inadequate, and they regulate action for as long as they are ingested – at least when the depression does not resist them. Long-term treatment takes over from cure because, indeed, antidepressants are antineurotic medications: they place conflicts at a distance. Extending their use makes it hard to distinguish between a mood disorder a person might have during a depressive episode, a neurotic symptom expressing a person’s unconscious conflicts, a temperament resulting from the chance effects of family genetics, or, very simply, various social traumas linked to contemporary lifestyles. This analysis can be found in the most prestigious psychiatric journals as well as in psychiatry textbooks and literature for general practitioners. This paradoxical situation, in which the medication is invested with magical powers while the pathology becomes chronic, should move us to ask questions about the limits of illness.

>One thing seems certain in the conflictual model: well-being is not a cure. This is because being cured involves the ability to suffer and to tolerate suffering. From this point of view, being cured is not at all the same thing as being happy. It means being free, recovering a power over the self that will let us “decide if we want this or that.” If we accept the idea that health is the ability to go beyond our own norms, we need to distinguish between happiness and freedom, between well-being and cure. If an individual in good health is up to the various bumps and bruises of existence, and able to go beyond his norms, I would also add that, in terms of psychic disorder, he can do so only because he is conflictual. Conflict is both engine and brake

>> No.17055237

>>17054498
This is total pseudoscience. There does exist neurotypicality and neurodivergence from the norm. Mental illness is no different than any of the other results of genetic variability that sometimes result in death, and sometimes result in utilization

>> No.17055249
File: 371 KB, 613x407, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.17055250

>>17055220
>Yet there is a relation between melancholia and depression: both are the unhappiness of self-consciousness heightened to the extreme, the awareness of being only oneself. If melancholia was the domain of the exceptional human being, then depression is the manifestation of the democratization of the exceptional. We live with this belief and this truth: each person should have the possibility of creating his or her own history instead of submit-ting to life as if it were a matter of destiny

>The Declaration of Human Rights states that human beings are the owners of themselves. The French Revolution politically instituted the modern self. Madness was transformed into an illness with a specifically human freedom, inherent to the indetermination that characterizes its reason and its law. Two centuries later, the ownership of the self has become our lifestyle; it has been sociologically integrated into our mores and is at the very heart of our intimate sovereignty. At the beginning of democratic modernity, humanity was divided and split apart; during the last third of the twentieth century, humanity entered a relationship of fusion and became dependent. Madness was the underside of reason, Freudian neurosis was the underside of the conflictual self, and depression was the underside of an individual who is only himself and, as a result, is never enough himself. If depression is a pathology of a consciousness that is only itself, then dependency is the pathology of a consciousness that is never enough of itself, that is never adequately filled with its identity, that is never adequately active – too undecided, too explosive. Depression and dependency are the two sides of the same pathology of inadequacy

>> No.17055255

>>17055184
Thanks, best wishes to you too. Not sure what you've been doing but I have since depressive and hypomanic episodes a couple times a year, but if I avoid drugs and go to sleep on time usually they have been manageable without medication so far

>> No.17055288

>>17055153
Odds are good you're still a serf either way buddy. Anyway, keep living your miserable life just to spite some guy you don't know. As far as I'm concerned you lose either way.

>> No.17055292

Thesis: therapy and psychiatric drugs
Antithesis: Stoic philosophy
Synthesis: conservative male therapist

>> No.17055301
File: 1.21 MB, 1647x2240, Sigmund_Freud%2C_by_Max_Halberstadt_%28cropped%29.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17055292
>conservative male therapist
so... Freud?

>> No.17055312

>>17055301
sure, for the memes

>> No.17055323
File: 19 KB, 400x600, pid_2670[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17054472
Not if you follow the truth of human nature

>> No.17055343

>>17055288
cope

>> No.17055355

>>17055343
Whatever helps you sleep at night

>> No.17055365

>>17055288
(I will never get a job, I will never "function")

>> No.17055440

>>17055288
Yes very good. Now hurry along back to your cage, faggot

>> No.17055475

>>17054616
>I do not know many people personally who regret getting on their medication or going to a therapist.
Many people are fucking stupid, and just need help to get over a bump in the road, or see things from a new angle.

I think people should try to get help from a therapist; and, if that doesn't work, try medication if they feel truly terrible. However, I've been to therapists, psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, career counselors. None of them have "cured" me, because they're there for reflection, introspection, to help bounce ideas back at you - skills most people don't practice. At the end of the day, the only one who can help you is yourself.

>> No.17055527

Yeah pretty much. Certain things would still be negative back then, but they’d never take on as debilitating a form as they have now. Things like adhd and anxiety though just seem like specific compatibilities to things that should be around, but are completely gone, so instead of being attuned to danger or a fast paced, physically challenging environment, fear and hyperactivity is just directed at minor things and parasitically engineered distractions. I’d have more empathy for the argument that it is natural selection if it weren’t the case that this shit applies to like 1/3 people if not more.
>>17054511
>What is aquatic ape theory

>> No.17055751

bump

>> No.17056035

>>17054607
That’s even worse, unironically.

>> No.17056069

>>17054702
Antipsychotics make you fat and brain dead so u aren’t able to schiz out AKA disrupt the system. Instead of numbing you for assimilation, like SSRI’s, they just knock you out of functioning completely rather than risk any incidents.

>> No.17056075

>>17054958
Auditory hallucinations are heard from outside of your head, if it comes from within then it isn’t schizophrenia.

>> No.17056295

This book was less controversial than I was expecting, although obviously I understand that his views are unorthodox.

>> No.17056310

>>17054958
>How do I know if I have schizophrenia or not?

You won't. At least, not in the midst of delusion.

>> No.17056315

>>17054472
I wish. They should be burned.

>> No.17056725
File: 259 KB, 584x325, dark-knight-rises-jump.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17055048
>supporting Szasz would mean destabilising an integral part of how our society heals itself
Most sane people readily admit that to denounce ghost sightings as fake seems to prevent all problems associated with them, but the experts of the day cry "then how will we (admirably) help the spooked?"

Society deserves a chance at making the jump without a safety net. It would incentivise deeper moral principals of forethought and responsibility over the mantra "it's no one's fault, just like disease"

>> No.17056772

>>17054472
Psychiatry is the State Cult.

>> No.17056798

>>17054556
Stopped reading at “...existential...”. C’mon bra find a meaning like everyone else.

>> No.17057191

There needs to be a Nuremberg Trials held for psychiatrists and big pharma executives one day. That is all I have to contribute.

>> No.17057868

>have a religious experience

GOD ISN'T REAL THAT ISN'T POSSIBLE THIS MAN IS CRAAAZY LOCK HIM UP

>> No.17058235

there is absolutely no objective basis for psychiatry or psychology

it was forced into practice by sheer institutional power by kikes

>> No.17058242

>>17058235
clinical psychology*

>> No.17058345

>>17054650
When I went to school noone was on meds and almost everyone was able to focus or at least day dream but shut the fuck up. Modern kids are pampered and weak.

>> No.17058428

>>17054826
Foucault is Thomas Szasz for midwits. The latter is more direct and specific.

>> No.17058443

>>17058235
Psychiatry is just the modern form of lunatic asylums. It's the same institution, but it merged with academy as a "science" to get more money

>> No.17058457

>>17055301
He said therapist

Not pill pusher

>> No.17058766

>>17054576
based Adam

>> No.17058810

>>17054729
>Isn't there a theory that PTSD from war is actually brain damage from explosions
Shell shock was the term used during WW1, but the concept of PTSD was visible to the medical community years before that. Specifically, the spate of catastrophic train accidents back in the 1800's, where the victims began to exhibit symptoms similar to what we know of today as PTSD. While psychology may have been weaponized by certain (((interested parties))), the foundation is solid. If military dogs develop classic symptoms of PTSD, then there should be questions within the medical community, but the answers should be more than tossing pills around like a street dealer.