[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 59 KB, 720x960, 1521344743495.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17004226 No.17004226 [Reply] [Original]

Hello /lit/
I need help remembering a book I read in college.

I can't even remember the plot just bits and pieces.

>main character always acts like everything is fine even when everything is totally fucked up
>woman main character is in love with is pretty but gets railed by an entire army of men and by the end of the book her looks are faded
>some weirdo is often seen with the main characters
>at one point they come across a village with great valuables and jewels, but the natives don't seem to care
>protagonists take some jewels and put it on sheep but most of the sheep die or get lost.

the fuck is this?

>> No.17004244

>>17004226
Your father was a blood diamond smuggler and you're remembering the story he told about how he met your mother.

>> No.17004258

>>17004226
jfc man just contact your professor or locate the syllabus online...lmao. There has to be a better way than this

>> No.17004276

>>17004258
This was years ago, so all of that stuff is gone.
Plus it was the professor's last year.

>There has to be a better way than this
I've googled every thing imaginable, and have found nothing.
/tv/ was able to figure out I was talking about the adventures of baron munchausen from a vague description, so I figured I'd try here.
Surely, you guys are smarter than /tv/

>> No.17004367

>>17004226
That's one heckin chonker of a big boi!

>> No.17004385

It's not Candide is it?

>> No.17004423

>>17004385
>Candide
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candide
>Lady Cunégonde
>and that Cunégonde was raped before her death.
>Cacambo reveals that Cunégonde—now horribly ugly
>Candide and Cacambo wander into El Dorado, a geographically isolated utopia where the streets are covered with precious stones, there exist no priests, and all of the king's jokes are funny.[54] Candide and Cacambo stay a month in El Dorado, but Candide is still in pain without Cunégonde, and expresses to the king his wish to leave. The king points out that this is a foolish idea, but generously helps them do so. The pair continue their journey, now accompanied by one hundred red pack sheep carrying provisions and incredible sums of money, which they slowly lose or have stolen over the next few adventures.

WE HAVE A WINNER
THANK YOU