[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 265 KB, 1690x754, 34terffff.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16887840 No.16887840 [Reply] [Original]

Uhhh bros, I don't think we were originally included in God's plan..
Pretty disappointing.

>> No.16887846

>he didn't read verse 28

>> No.16887855

>>16887846
Anon, we are meant to eat the fucking crumbs that fall off the table like dogs, it's not even insinuated, it's stated clearly.
No wonder the Juden prosper even when surrounded by crazy towelheads, while we struggle in this godless western world. It was never meant to be

>> No.16887866

>>16887840
I actually went down a rabbit hole awhile back about what exactly Jesus meant by this. Long story short, Jesus' mission first and foremost was to save / redeem the Jews because they were God's chosen people, and through the redeemed Jews the rest of humanity would be redeemed as well. However, the Jews rejected Jesus, and thus rejected God's plan for them.

>> No.16887873

>But he said to him: A certain man made a great supper, and invited many.
>And he sent his servant at the hour of supper to say to them that were invited, that they should come, for now all things are ready.
>And they began all at once to make excuse. The first said to him: I have bought a farm, and I must needs go out and see it: I pray thee, hold me excused.
>And another said: I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I go to try them: I pray thee, hold me excused.
>And another said: I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.

>And the servant returning, told these things to his lord. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to his servant: Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the feeble, and the blind, and the lame. >And the servant said: Lord, it is done as thou hast commanded, and yet there is room.
>And the Lord said to the servant: Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.
>But I say unto you, that none of those men that were invited, shall taste of my supper.

>> No.16887878

>>16887866
So... no one is saved?

>> No.16887894
File: 236 KB, 580x563, 13976528.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16887873
So, no Jews in my dinner table?

>> No.16887925

>>16887878
Basically this >>16887873 Because the Jewish people rejected God's plan for them, as a result, everybody ~but~ them receives the mercy of God. This is why so many other christian books make it a point to 'pray for the Jewish people' because they've yet to fulfill God's plan for themselves. I've read lots of things that say that Christ won't return until Israel turns back to him.

>> No.16887937

>>16887855
>lost sheep of Israel
that might be Judaism. Christianity is a judaistic religion, which is why the Bible has two Testaments.
>Canaanite woman in Tyre
Canaan is the region of Jerusalem, but Tyros is in Libanon, if I'm not mistaken. So she's an Israelite abroad?

>> No.16887943

>>16887937
She was a greek woman in my version

>> No.16887967

>>16887943
>>16887937

"Canaanite" was a term of contempt for Gentiles and second-class Jews.

>> No.16887976

>>16887866
pretty sure the bible was edited and fucked with by 'them' during translations

>> No.16888004

>>16887976
...so you think it was edited so that Jesus says he only comes for the 'lost sheep of Israel'?

>> No.16888208

>>16888004
Hint Our modern "Jews" are not the "Israel" that Jesus is referring to

>> No.16888218

>>16888208
I know. The Jews who are running all the banks are not the ones who Jesus came to redeem.

>> No.16888233

>>16887967
what makes someone a 2nd class jew?

>> No.16888241

>>16888218
The Bible is actually masterfully structured to help you come to that realization through reading. Everything's there for a reason, it's a masterpiece of lit. There's a very good reason they put John's "Revelations" at the very end. One of my top 5 books of all time for sure.

>> No.16888257

>>16887976
The Dead Sea scrolls showed this to be false. Even by the time of Nero there were enough extant copies of the NT to survive the persecutions and to make any alterations obvious

>> No.16888276

No shit, Christianity was supposed to be only for jews before (((Saul))) decided to hijack the religion and spread it all over the world.

>> No.16888326

>>16888241
>There's a very good reason they put John's "Revelations" at the very end.

well mister smartycel, why did they?

>> No.16888374
File: 52 KB, 645x773, 0000000000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16887840
Ngl, seeing this shilled constantly went a great way to weaning me off of Christianity, especially given that I was introduced to the Traditionalists at around the same time I started seeing this passage and that euros already have eminent spiritual traditions of their own...

>> No.16888632

>>16888241
It's very possible that revelation was written before the gospel of John.

>> No.16888656

>>16888374
>I get my opinions from 4chan shills
"I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven, while the sons of the kingdom will be thrown into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

>> No.16888666

>>16888632
That's a good point Anon. I've read some people who say that "John" is a figured name, that we are dealing with many authors.

>> No.16888675

>>16888233
Not having a degree in the following: medicine, law, finance, stem.

>> No.16888702

>>16888656
The thing is, anon, these aren't opinions - this is scripture. The 4chan shills just expose me to it.

>> No.16888734

>>16887840
Is this real? If it is, why don't all Christians just convert to Judaism instead?

>> No.16888770

>>16888734
Because the religion contemporaneously known as Judaism rejects Jesus, and
>Jesus saith to him: I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No man cometh to the Father, but by me.

>> No.16888778

>>16888770
>contemporaneously
This was the wrong word to use. It looked impressive. I should just have written "currently".

>> No.16888790
File: 177 KB, 1290x672, Snekjew.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16887840

>> No.16888796

>>16888734
Threads like this make it apparent why the Bible was deigned unfit for commoner eyes. A snippet out of context can break the faith of a weak-willed man.

>> No.16888889

>>16888656
You are a 4chan shill lol

>> No.16888913

>>16888734
read the New Testament and find out, it will shock you what the jews do to Jesus and what he calls them

>> No.16888919

>>16888796
Bro if a your holy text refers to your people as dogs, I don't think the context really matters. Sorry to break it to you.

>> No.16888967

>>16888796
The only non semitic "christians" with a consistent worldview are kang tier we [insert ethnic group] wuz the real isrealites, and that is just as retarded when it's a white man who thinks it as it is with a black man.

>> No.16888991

>>16888374
Has this part of the new testament been posted before in this board?

>> No.16889025

>>16888991
I've seen this posted 5-6 times in the past year and the only places where I could have seen it is /lit/ or right wing twitter. I'm pretty sure I saw it on /lit/ since no one on right wing twitter reads the Bible except for Hispanics.

>> No.16889064

>>16887840
This is the essence of Protestantism.

>> No.16889108 [DELETED] 

How did people not know this? Christianity was never a universal religion in Jesus's lifetime. Only after no one in Israel wanted anything to do with it, did they take the show on the road. I like Catholicism for its role in the history of Europe culture, but that shit makes no sense ultimately. It's just full of weird copes and excuses to try to make it work. That's not to say pagan shit was better and that we should all go back to larping about Jupiter and Mars. That shit was even more wacky.

>> No.16889178

>>16888257
Ne ultra crepidam judicaret. Learn before you speak about textual criticism, retard.

>> No.16889524

>>16888919
The Roman centurion is no Jew, and Jesus heals his slave without qualms.
Ask yourself this, faggot- what was it about the Canaanite that made her less important to Christ than the Roman?

>> No.16889563

>>16888241
Different Bibles have different book order you numpty

>> No.16889585

>Christianity is much Aryan white religion

"If anyone else thinks he has reason for confidence in the flesh, I have more: circumcised on the eighth day, of the people of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the law, a Pharisee; as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to righteousness under the law, blameless
Philippians 3:4-6

>> No.16889600

>>16889563
Only the Catholic one is right, though.

>> No.16889601

>>16887840
Hint. The word is in the book. "I". Jesus's job. There was these 12 others that followed him that preached to the non-hebrews.
Also, Jesus specifically tells the Jews they are not, or will not be after he dies, God's people.

>> No.16889634

>>16889585
>muh Aryan White religion
No, it's simply the correct religion, for the master race as well as his followers. Eat your slice of humble pie, you dumb little faggot.

>> No.16889698

>>16889524
We both know you're coping bro. Be honest with yourself.
>>16889634
Christianity is literally the most spiritually shallow of all the major religions lmao. It's also the only truly plebeian major religion in the history of the world. It's a tragedy that it took root in the West and it's even more tragic for us Europeans that we're known as the ones spreading it within and outside our own borders.

>> No.16889714

>>16889698
Should have become Zoroastrian. It also wouldn't have displaced native European polytheism. All it would have done is give a more dualistic spin (e.g., Lugh would become even more prominent in Celtic mythology). Lugh is very similar to Mithra and Ahura Mazda anyways.

>> No.16889721

>>16889714
Realistically speaking, I feel like the best option for Europeans at the time would have been to strengthen the cult of Sol Invictus. It was a major spiritual force in the late Roman Empire and gave Christianity a run for its money. Too bad it didn't work out.

>> No.16889737

>>16889698
>m-muh cope, cope
Explain the Roman, faggot.

>> No.16889741

>>16889721
Constantine fabricated his vision of Jewsus just because he wanted to use Nestorians as a fifth column against the Sassanids and also increase fervor of his own troops. He did this during a march against the Sassanids.
I'm just saying Zoroastrianism would have been better than Christianity, and it would have been better if Sassanids won the war in the end.

>> No.16889745

>>16888233
I forget what they were called but this was a real thing. they were shunned for not joining a war or something, or I think it was that they weren't enslaved in Babylon and so they didn't count really after that. something like this

>> No.16889748

>>16889721
>implying true faith can ever be outstripped by a cult of political convenience
Fuck you LARPagans are insufferable cunts completely deprived of worldly experience regarding religion and the sensation of a vagina

>> No.16889758

>>16889748
Stuff like ancestral memory exists.

>> No.16889760

>>16889634
>it's simply the correct religion
According to... itself? What a coincidence. Why should anyone believe that Jesus literally rose from the dead, appeared to hundreds of people, and will return again? And I don't mean "why" as in "what will happen if someone doesn't believe this" but "why" as in "convince me" without using circular reasoning. Oh wait, you can't.

>> No.16889773

>>16889748
>a cult of political convenience
Talk about irony, lol.

>> No.16889789

Jesus seems to leave the door open for more prophets after him, to be judged by their fruits. what do you think of this?

>> No.16889808

>>16889601
>Jesus specifically tells the Jews they are not, or will not be after he dies, God's people.
when?

>> No.16889828

>>16889773
It is tremendously inconvenient if not lethal in the overwhelming majority of the world to follow the tenets of Christianity. The irony is that gay little cults like the ones you so vehemently promote are promoted for the very reason that they are convenient to power and spiritually negligible.
>>16889760
This is a discussion of faith, atheist. Leave and die.
>>16889758
Tell me the name of your great-great-great-great-great-grandfather, and the tool most often held in his hand.

>> No.16889858

>>16887878
Ahem.

The Jews from the start were called to be a nation of priests as descendants from Abraham and other people God already had individual covenants and promises with. They were supposed to bring God to all the nations of the world, they were supposed to be the one nation that would behave most admirably and justly. God picked them out of all the nations of the world and took them out of Egypt as slaves, established a covenant with them, gave them a land and pretty much ensured that they had everything they needed to carry his mission out, which was to be a nation of priests to gentiles (other nations).

If Jews managed to do this correctly, we would probably all live in peace and harmony. But unfortunately Jews, much like all humans, continuously and from the very start (remember they build an idol in the desert and even want to go back to Egypt) fuck up and fuck up badly. In numerous ways, including some of their chief men (Moses did not even make it to the land of "milk and honey" for this reason).

Anyhow, already in the desert when Israel rebels, God almost says I'm done fuck this but Moses by being the Jewish version of good goy convinced God otherwise. God still punishes Israel but changes God's mind. So some bad things and some good things happen in the desert, some people die while others are exalted and finally Israel makes it to the promised land.

Now you would think Israel would behave nice given all they saw but no. Soon they forget, they first demand a king like other nations have one and God grants them one. Then after that everything turns to shit again, Jews rebel and get involved with worldly affairs of other nations, bad kings emerge and so forth, part of Israel even turns to idolatry and all kinds of vile ritual things. Basically your usual human government clusterfucks. There are some good kings and reformers in between but mostly it's just one giant clusterfuck.

So even though God could say to these people to fuck off and tell them to take a hike, he instead sends them prophets. These prohpets communicate to kings and the people God's position vis-a-vis Israeli fuckups and give out his warnings that their idolatry and behavior will lead to all kinds of catastrophy: enslavement, destruction, being taken to foreign lands and so forth unless they repent. God goes to some funny extents, for example he makes his prophet Hosea marry a prostitute to make a point to Israel about how his covenant with them is like being married to a people that prostitute themselves to others (actually it's a longer story, there are a few other points God makes with that marriage).

Eventually as God predicted, Israel gets BTFOed by far larger nations than themselves and all that the prophets told would happen, does happen. Ironically, Israel killed some of these prophets when they told them that God was pissed which they did not like hearing. But despite all that, God's promise for better days remains.
cont.

>> No.16889893

>>16889858
>God's promise for better days remains.

i dunno man life is pretty gay right now

>> No.16889903

>>16889858
Perhaps the most interesting of these prophets is Isaiah. Isaiah had a beautiful narrative about how God will restore Israel. The most beautiful of which is Isaiah 53. To anybody remotely reasonable, it is immediately clear that this passage refers to a person, a suffering servant, the messiah, namely to Jesus Christ.

Who has believed our message
and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?
2 He grew up before him like a tender shoot,
and like a root out of dry ground.
He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him,
nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.
3 He was despised and rejected by mankind,
a man of suffering, and familiar with pain.
Like one from whom people hide their faces
he was despised, and we held him in low esteem.

4 Surely he took up our pain
and bore our suffering,
yet we considered him punished by God,
stricken by him, and afflicted.
5 But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
6 We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before its shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.
8 By oppression[a] and judgment he was taken away.
Yet who of his generation protested?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was punished.[b]
9 He was assigned a grave with the wicked,
and with the rich in his death,
though he had done no violence,
nor was any deceit in his mouth.

10 Yet it was the Lord’s will to crush him and cause him to suffer,
and though the Lord makes[c] his life an offering for sin,
he will see his offspring and prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will prosper in his hand.
11 After he has suffered,
he will see the light of life[d] and be satisfied[e];
by his knowledge[f] my righteous servant will justify many,
and he will bear their iniquities.
12 Therefore I will give him a portion among the great,[g]
and he will divide the spoils with the strong,[h]
because he poured out his life unto death,
and was numbered with the transgressors.
For he bore the sin of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

So let's fast forward a bit to Israel under Roman occupation. Jesus is born and as it happens Jesus is God's "final solution" (no pun intended). One could list all the prophetic indications from written to symbolic like animal sacrifice and the binding of Isaac, all those threads coming into a single point of confluence that is Jesus Christ but that would take a lot more of writing. Jesus Christ came to this world as Messiah as was promised to the Jews.

>> No.16889933

>>16889828
>This is a discussion of faith, atheist. Leave and die.
Kuffar! You are a pagan who worships men. There is no god but god and Muhammad is his prophet! Submit to the true god immediately.

>> No.16889945

>>16889737
What are you whining about, dumbass? Is it that hard to imagine that you may still assist people whom you think to be dogs? Especially if you believe compassion and mercy to be the greatest virtues? I really struggle to see what your point is here.
>>16889741
That's pretty disappointing if true - I've never looked much into Constantine. You are correct. Zoroastrianism was at least Indo-European. I would have preferred the retention of European paganism, though.
>>16889748
It's not a cult of political convenience you absolute brainlet. Literally every worthwhile civilisation - including some non-Indo-European ones like the Islamic one - merge sacred and profane power. The imperial cult, the cult of Sol Invictus - all of this carries profound spiritual meaning. It's the spirituality of the aristocrat, the warrior, the divine sovereign. God, you people are embarrassing.
> The irony is that gay little cults like the ones you so vehemently promote are promoted for the very reason that they are convenient to power and spiritually negligible.
I am sorry to tell you this, but small dissident groups of spiritual nonconformist are far more threatening to power than "give to caesar what is caesar's" liberal Christianity we have today.

>> No.16889963
File: 28 KB, 474x355, pope francis kissing nigger feet.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16889945
>liberal Christianity we have today.
That's not real commun- sorry I mean Christianity. That anonymous poster you're quoting is God's chosen final arbiter of what is real christianity and what isn't. Pic related has nothing to do with Christianity, nope, totally unrelated.

>> No.16889986

>>16889963
Catholicism isn't representative of anything.
What the fuck is wrong with you people?

>> No.16889994

>>16889986
>Catholicism isn't representative of anything.
This is what tradcath larpers on 4channel dot org actually believe.

>> No.16890007

>>16889945
The Roman came first, not the Canaanite, faggot. Explain why he didn't recieve the dog speech.
>>16889963
Yeah bro, get that epic pagatheist "Christianity bad" circlejerk going. He isn't even the real pope- the seat is sat until death, and Benedict the 16th is still alive.

>> No.16890010

>>16889963
>>16889986
>implying Pr*testantism is any better
LMAO, copemaxxing today aren't we? The only people who can even pretend that their denomination is "trad" are the Orthodox and even then it's just believable larping. The Orthodox Church is undergoing an internal crisis atm and don't even get me started on the majority of the flock.

>> No.16890025

>>16890007
I really don't care, retard. Maybe because a centurion has deadly force at his disposal and can execute non-citizen subjects for disrespecting him without batting an eyelash? Have you considered that? Or maybe the mood wasn't right for calling gentiles dogs. Who knows? I don't care.

>> No.16890026

>>16890007
>He isn't even the real pope
Here we go! Thank Jesus that God's chosen judge of world Christianity is here in this very thread with us today. What a blessing it is to share a time and place with such a venerable prophet. Thank you for spending your valuable time with us humble folk of /lit/.

>> No.16890028

>>16890010
>nobody actually believes anything its all larping like i do
The ironyrot is deep in you.

>> No.16890041

>>16890025
No refutation, epic. God willing, you'll grow out of this phase. I certainly did.
>>16890026
See the above reply, it applies to you too.

>> No.16890043

>>16889945
I don't think Zoroastrians would seek to displace European paganism. More like they would encourage more dualistic readings, that's it. It would exist side by side with European paganism.

>> No.16890049

>>16889903
Had Jews accepted Jesus they would have gone on to fulfill their priestly call and we would all have a pretty good time right now. But the Jews rejected Jesus and incited the Romans to crucify him. Which they did. The veil in the Temple has torn at this moment, signifying that God will now reside in the new temple, in the body of believers. Jesus' claim that he will rebuild the temple in 3 days is the resurrection of his body in 3 days. Of course because God is a 4D chess grandmaster this merely meant that through belief in Jesus the entire world will be saved. God has then made a direct covenant will all the people who believe in Jesus to be His sons. To start this process, God sends his Holy Spirit to the apostles and sends them out to preach to the nations. He also appoints Paul to be an apostle to Gentiles specifically. Therefore the apostles are in effect doing what Jews should have done a long time ago. God's chess move was to BTFO evil, death, Satan, Jews' obstinacy in a singular moment of victory on the Cross. Since then we exist in "End Times", the times where the number of the Gentiles taken into God's family will increase to fullness and finally the Jews too will at the end of time realize their mistake, realize Jesus' true identity and re-join God's family where all will be residing together as brothers in Christ.

Until then a lot of things have happened and will continue to happen. The Jews having rejected Christ have developed Rabbinic Judaism, having turned their faith into an entirely legalistic rendering of God's laws. A natural conclusion for their hard-hearted rejection of Christ in person.

In this way the thread of history continues to be the thread separating those who reject Jesus and those who accept him until the end of times. There are those who live according to Truth, who would accept Jesus had they seen him and there are those who are hard-hearted who would have rejected him had they seen him. Some of these are Christians, some Jews, some Muslims, some Buddhists, some atheists, doesn't really matter what you choose to call yourself (even though it is true that the Truth resides in Christianity). The Jews were the religion of truth and rejected Christ but Gentiles accepted him, the acceptance of Jesus is a question of heart not of denomination. This will go on as long as this Earth exists in this form, until the Second Coming. The end.

>> No.16890054

>>16890041
I say that Francis is pope and sucking nigger feet is a fundamental christian tenet. I have provided evidence of my claim. You haven't proved anything. Refute that, bitch.

>> No.16890075

>>16890049
>>16889789

>> No.16890094

>>16890028
You're really retarded. The overwhelming majority of Christians today are just conformists who hang onto secular morality first and Christianity second. They interpret Christianity according to secular morality, not vice versa. If you had a smidgen of courage you'd admit this to yourself, but you're probably just like them, so you can't do that without dying on the inside. Weakling.
>>16890041
>"no refutation"
>is completely refuted even though his complaint is entirely besides the point
Absolute state of you lmao
>>16890043
Oh, I know, but the spirituality of the elite is very very important. A zoroastrian aristocracy would have great impact on European history.

>> No.16890097

>>16890054
I spat up the same kind of provocations you so enjoy producing when I was a stupid teenage fuck still feeling out my own beliefs back in the day. God willing, you annoying little motherfucker, you'll get all of this tempestuous rah-rah arrogance out of your system by the time you're actually old enough to be important in society at large.

>> No.16890109

>>16890094
Okay, warlord; post physique

>> No.16890134

>>16889789
There have been more prophets after Christ's crucifixion. Though these seem far more localized versions than the number of prophets sent to Israel. By and large God has said what needed to be said, however I believe he still sends people with prophetic gift as well as blessed victim souls to help expiate for sins of the world by Christ's example. All of these prophets, if they are legitimate, strictly re-inforce Jesus' teaching and do not contradict it. A good example would be Catherine Emmerich. It can be diffuclt to differentiate between legitimate ones and not legitimate ones, so I would be cautious about accepting stuff like this unless there is some evidence, unless their teaching is in line with what Jesus taught and unless their lives reflect Jesus' teachings and life.

>> No.16890139

>>16890097
Remember that part in the Bible where Jesus was flipping out on the Forumnet calling people "little motherfucker"? Fuckin loved that part, keep up your prophet of god RP here it's spot on.

>> No.16890144

>>16890109
>now trying to get at me with pagan gymbro rhetoric
I'm going to take this as your own special way to conceding defeat.

>> No.16890150

>>16890134
What's the point of having new prophets if they don't count unless they only say the exact same shit as Jesus and don't deviate from the catholic canonized bible in any way? What the fuck is wrong with christians lmao

>> No.16890153

>>16890134
I have a very good feeling about Faustina Kowalska as well she seems legit. Fatima is probably legit. Therese of Lisieux is probably legit. I've known one person specifically whom I know has been legit. But it's not something to focus on.

>> No.16890160

>>16890144
I'll take that as an admission of total weakness. Render your wallet unto Caesar, faggot.

>> No.16890162

>>16890150
Because new prophets who contradict what Jesus (God) said and did are not God's prophets. Therefore they are false prophets.

>> No.16890164

>>16890094
>>16890109
>>16890144
>>16890160
I can't even tell who's in which corner, would you guys identify yourselves real quick and tell us which ideology you're proselytizing for in this thread? Sorry I'm just confused and trying to keep track.

>>16890162
So why do you need another prophet? If Jesus gave us the complete message, what is a prophet supposed to provide?

>> No.16890170

>>16890139
Accusations of hypocrisy couldn't carry any less weight than the ones you levy, faggot. Pull the 2x4 out of your eye.

>> No.16890185

desu one of the things that captivate me most about the gospels is the idea that it is God who provides. a conventional human take on the situation would be that humans provide. sure, God decides upon the rain, and in some sense everyone ultimately lives off the rain, but in reality a lot of people depend directly on things that would seem to be mostly human in nature. This makes the idea of trusting God to provide food on the table a very radical philosophy

>> No.16890204

>>16890134
what degree of legalism do you think is appropriate? It seems to me that Paul makes some proper rulings in the spirit of a divine Law, like barring women from speaking in church, but afaik (and that is not much) this does not come to much all things considered. Do you believe the old testament law is in force at all?

>> No.16890205

>>16890170
Based and loving-kindness for your fellow man pilled. Everyone thinks you're a real badass for talking shit to someone you think is a child lmao

>> No.16890217

>>16890160
Ohhhh man, you're really upset now aren't you? LIke reaaaaally upset? Like, super super super upset. Upset enough to seethe ceaselessly and miss out on sleep tonight.
>>16890164
Hello, it's me, the anon that's actually based! I am not actually shilling for any ideology. Rather, I am annoyed by all the lame and half-assed nonsensical apologia in this thread. I am a perennialist so theoretically I see at least some value in Christianity, but one thing I can guarantee you is that I see no value in the "Christians" of the sort that try to distort reality in this thread.

>> No.16890233

>>16887840
Why was Jesus trying to save a bunch of sheep in the middle east? Surely he would also have valued human beings.

>> No.16890242

God is a fat black woman

>> No.16890253

>>16887840
sumerians didn’t ask for semitic infiltration either. but no, they had to rip off and ruin it all

>> No.16890254

>>16890164
>what is a prophet supposed to provide?

help to community, reinforcing Jesus' teaching, victim souls help expiate for sin

>> No.16890261

>>16890254
Why do you need a prophet. Just read the bible, it's all in there. Are you talking about community leadership? Only prophets can do that?

>> No.16890271

>>16890204
It depends on what you mean by OT law is in force at all? I don't think certain things like the types of food you should abstain from or circumcision would apply. Those seem highly specific to Jews and to their place and time in the world. General laws like the 10 commandments obviously still apply.

>> No.16890279

>>16890261
you don't need a prophet. God sends them to help men because being a Christian is harder than "just reading the Bible".

>> No.16890289

>>16890271
>General laws like the 10 commandments obviously still apply.
It's not really obvious, though. How are you deciding which ones count and which don't. You say abstaining from food or practicing circumcision "seem" like it's just for jews at one time. Is that how you interpret your religion and way of life? Just whatever you feel like?

>> No.16890297

>>16890271
so it's kinda touch-and-feel as you go?
what do you think about homosexuality?
do you think Jesus abolished stoning as a punishment?

I think one way you can look at it is that the jewish law was the law for a people, including their civil law. but it gets a little absurd if one were to suggest, for instance, that everyone should be forgiven for everything all the time because Jesus saved the adultress

>> No.16890316

>>16887840
This Jesus guy sounds like a real jerk. What’s his fucking problem?

>> No.16890329

>>16890289
>How are you deciding which ones count and which don't.

I told you. The ritual laws that are highly specific to Jews do not apply. This can be derived from Paul. 10 commandments are not ritual law, they are not purely specific to Jews, they are moral law. They have a generality that applies to all human beings. If this is not obvious to you, then you must have not read Paul.

>> No.16890354

>>16890329
What does worshiping Yhwh the god of the ethnic hebrews to the exclusion of all other gods have to do with morality, especially when the whole bondage-in-Egypt story was just made up? What does not bearing false witness against a neighbor have to do with morality? Is it okay to bear false witness against your tribal enemies? The only "morality" in that is the dual morality that jews preach. Jews treat themselves differently than they treat gentiles. That's how the whole world should be? We should all act like ethnonepotistic scammers?

>> No.16890379

>>16890297
>what do you think about homosexuality?
sin.

>do you think Jesus abolished stoning as a punishment?
I'm less likely to think that punishments to be delivered have an eternal application compared to moral commandments. This could also be derived from context that you shall not kill is an eternal general moral commandment, that the wicked should be stoned seems in turn more likely a decree than a general law that was applied to a specific instance. That does not mean I think killing someone is apriori an impossibility in ANY situation (like defending yourself or your way family for example) but that the eternal moral statutes should have precedence over individual, historically-contingent decrees.

>but it gets a little absurd if one were to suggest, for instance, that everyone should be forgiven for everything all the time because Jesus saved the adultress

We have civil law of our own that punishes crime. As far as being forgiven by God, yes everybody no matter what he or she has done should be forgiven and is forgiven by God provided they appeal to Christ and repent sincerely. If this was not the case, then sin would be bigger than Christ's sacrifice.

Besides I think these things tend to be obvious to anybody with common sense, but the entanglement via empty philosophying is the kind of talmudic legalistic reasoning that Pharisees attacked Jesus with,

>> No.16890388

>>16890354
>baby's first antisemitism and neopaganism

It's ok, you'll grow out of it.

>> No.16890401

>>16890379
>We have civil law
criminal law

>> No.16890410

>>16890388
>doesn't address any of the points
Wanna know how I know you're an innernet conservative?

>> No.16890423

>>16890410
>muh conservatives, im a strong neopagan racial realist and ethnonationalist hear me roar

it's not worth addressing.

>> No.16890428

>>16890423
It seems we are equals, than.

>> No.16890435

>>16890423
>keeps getting btfo the entire thread
>"y-you're not worth ad-d-dressing!"
You really made my day, sunshine.

>> No.16890443

>>16890379
>but the entanglement via empty philosophying is the kind of talmudic legalistic reasoning that Pharisees attacked Jesus with,
well maybe, but it remains for me the big question with christianity: how big is the law exactly, and what level of legalism is appropriate. Is there even penal law in the new testament, ie an established worldly punishment?

>> No.16890451
File: 20 KB, 362x364, alita comfy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Damn is it comfy to bully anonymous christians all day. I'm so glad I don't have to believe all that nonsense lmao. Imagine literally having to say that Catholicism has nothing to do with Christianity because otherwise your smooth brain would melt from rage and leak out your ear

>> No.16890455

>>16890443
if you're expecting a secular law to emerge from Christianity you're missing the point. in that case you should probably skip right ahead to Thomism to get the most out of that.

>> No.16890484

>>16890455
Christianity necessarily infringes on all aspects of life in every way, everywhere on earth. If you really, honest to Jesus believe that the fate of LITERALLY EVERY SOUL ON EARTH is dependent on hearing the story and lessons of Jesus as compiled by people hundreds of years after his death and, uh, resurrection, translated into a language they understand, and if you don't tell every man, woman, and child on earth these stories they will be BODILY AND SPIRITUALLY TORTURED FOREVER, how could you do anything but restructure all of society around accomplishing the goal of converting every human being alive to your particular denomination of Christianity? How fucking cruel could you be to spend even one second not 100% committed to furthering the goal of trying to avoid literally infinite suffering on Earth and beyond? Do you really believe that? Do you really, truly believe that Jesus is god and was nailed to a cross and came back from the dead and if there is anybody on earth who doesn't believe that in the most thorough and literal way possible, they will be tortured forever? Do you act like you really believe that?

I don't believe it. Why should I? It's a story in a book written by men, interpreted by men.

>> No.16890495

>>16890455
would you then say it is more of a bare-bones philosophy-type thing? clearly religious, but then clearly not religious in the sense of something like Judaism or Islam?

>> No.16890501

>>16890205
Yeah, bro, when Peter told the Jews to go ahead and cut their cocks and balls off completely if they cared about circumcision so much he was totally a hateful and wicked person.
Spare the rod, spoil the child. If I truly hated you, I would encourage you to continue on your current path.

>> No.16890507

This level of reading comprehension and understanding is too embarrassing for a literature board. Even if you are desperate to dab on "christcuck" you shouldn't fall so low to the level of Karen on goodreads saying every classic books are racist and sexist.
I share a board with these retards, ghost what have I done with my life?

>> No.16890511

>>16888790
this fromm the new testament anon...

>> No.16890514

>>16890501
Reminder this guy is really truly thinks he's admonishing a teenager. Gonna tell the pastor about it later? He's gonna be impressed, let me tell you. Print out these posts to show him too.

>> No.16890519

>>16890354
Find me where in the Ten Commandments God tells Noah to nevermind all those rules because it's based and redpilled to do all the evil stuff that's outlawed if it's to foreigners.

>> No.16890525

>>16887840
>tfw not put there converting jews
I know I should try to follow Christ's example, but I think those sheep might be too lost for me.

>> No.16890529

>>16890519
Not my job to do your apologia for you. Google it, I'm sure someone has something you can copy and paste.

>> No.16890537

>>16890514
You make the continual mistake of thinking I'm not a Christian but rather a member of the Church of Being Nice.
Your arguments are petulant, your beliefs are malformed, and your fate as currently written is not an enviable one.

>> No.16890548

>>16890529
>it's okay to not practice the Commandments if it's a foreigner! Jews dude! Jews law! Not for not Jews!
>prove it
>No!
Fag.

>> No.16890562

>>16890537
You make up your own personal interpretation of the Bible and call it the only true christianity, then go on to practice your enlightened and perfect lifestyle by spewing shit at people. There are no doubts in my mind that you are a Christian. Anyway, aren't you late for youth group?

>> No.16890582

>>16890562
>you do this thing you don't do and you dare to argue with me, I do not like this, I am used to old women saying they'll pray for me and you are saying mean things instead
Do you believe the Knights Templar were inauthentic in their practice of Christianity?

>> No.16890587

>>16890582
We got a heckin' crusader over here! Deus Vult guys!

>> No.16890595

>>16890587
Answer me, friend. Do you believe the Knights Templar were inauthentic in their practice of Christanity? If you do, why? How do you, a non-Christian, believe a Christian ought behave towards non-Christians?

>> No.16890597

>>16890484
you aren't tortured forever for not having a chance to know Christ. you are engaging in stupid legalism, completely missing the point of the faith. I'd say intentionally so. very pharisaic.

>>16890495
The point of Christianity is not to collapse in on itself by analysis or generating copious amounts of legalistic or philosophical reasoning, certainly if you are interested in that, Christianity has that kind of output, but that is not the point of faith. The point of faith is to live as Christians not to go about your daily routine then come home and browse through Christian doctrines, philosophy and law intellectually while not applying anything to your daily life. In that case you're not being a Christian but an agnostic at best philosopher. If you're interested in approaching Christianity from a purely scholarly perpsective there are many things you can read, Aquinas and thomism in general, Augustine, patristics, the catechism, there are many books on Christian theology, philosophy, history, law, whatever you want available that will answer these questions, it doesn't take a lot of work just a little bit of googling.

>> No.16890622

>>16890595
Nobody cares about the Knights Templar. You're not a member of the Knights Templar, you never will be. You couldn't even name their founding members or the year they were founded. This kind of RPing is why Christians get fucking dunked on so hard. You're not serious.

>> No.16890629

>>16890597
>you aren't tortured forever for not having a chance to know Christ.
According to who? You?

>> No.16890633

>>16890597
well, ok, to home in more... because it becomes a matter of how to relate to sin. The question is: is it a duty to try and stop someone from sinning? Even if just by telling them not to? An alternativ would be to say that my life is my business, yours is your business, etc. The question is: is it a part of Love to condemn sin? Should it be my business what another does?

>> No.16890655

>>16890582
>>16890595
>the knights templar were being dicks to people on Malaysian woodcarving forums
Hahahahaha no way, are you for real? You do realise that the attitude makes all the difference, right? After a Knight Templar went into the battlefield consumed by contempt, rage and hatred, do you think he would be redeeming or dooming his soul? What a joke.

>> No.16890657

>>16890582
>used moneylending, pawn broking, and banking to accumulate wealth and fund wars
I'll give you a chance to pretend you didn't post that if you want. Are you sure that's where you want to take this discussion?

>> No.16890660

>>16890633
maybe it's not a matter of principle but rather case by case desu

>> No.16890685

>>16890629
Why are you arguing about things you know nothing about? It's like arguing quantum physics while not even knowing calculus. Except the question you asked is really easy to solve if you bothered to fucking google anything you're arguing.

>> No.16890697

>>16890633
if you are genuinely interested in these kind of questions, read something like: https://www.amazon.com/Catechism-Explained-Exhaustive-Explanation-Catholic/dp/0895554976

>> No.16890707

>>16890697
I might be, we'll see. thank you.

>> No.16890717

>>16890707
I should mention there are other much cheaper versions of the same book that I linked (didn't look at the price that particular version is heavily overpriced).

>> No.16890744

>>16890622
You're right, I'm not a member of the Knights Templar. But you didn't answer the question.
>>16890655
That's a profound observation, anon. But you didn't answer the question.
>>16890657
Yes, the Templars as a warfighting organization engaged in many types of immorality. But you didn't answer the question.

>> No.16890755

>>16890744
Really cute trying to switch gears to a strictly academic discussion. Your questions are pedantic, your beliefs are retarded (and made up on a day-to-day basis), and your fate as currently written, while embarrassing, is not unlike many other 4channel dot org christians.

>> No.16890768

>>16890744
>That's a profound observation, anon. But you didn't answer the question.
Right, well if you're really interested, to attain the highest grade in the order you were required to blaspheme the name of Christ in front of the crucifix in order to spiritually surpass Christianity. This is incidentally why they were burnt on the stake - another tragedy for European spirituality. So yes, I do believe that they weren't "authentic" in their belief in Christianity. Theirs was a Christianity in name only - as it was with all great forms of European Christianity until the advent of the Reformation.

>> No.16890785

>>16890755
Plagiarism is the highest form of flattery, anon, so thank you.

>> No.16890788

>>16890755
Oh yeah, I forgot. Once more; how do you, a non-Christian, believe a Christian ought behave towards non-Christians?

>> No.16891058

>>16890788
By writing angry and sanctimonious screeds against children on anonymous imageboards.

>> No.16892056

>>16888233
Mix heritage. Much like /pol/ they were not a fan of race mixing

>>16888276
Hi Mohammad