[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 95 KB, 400x594, Ainsley.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1682439 No.1682439 [Reply] [Original]

Okay, /lit/, it's time to cook the perfect novel.

You can use any ingredients from the literary world. You want the complex allusions of Joyce? The absurdity of Barthelme or Kafka? The pumping adventures of Dumas? Then throw it in!

And if you want, perhaps,some more exotic spices such as the atmosphere of Silent Hill or the Chalie Manson murders, the camp humour of Benny Hill, the scientific language of a medical journal or a more abstract ingredient such as the flight path of Canadian Geese, the use it! Whatever you want in your novel, throw it into the mix!

So, what are you cooking, /lit/?

>> No.1682446

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2BJSV8Q1Yw

>> No.1682447

>So, what are you cooking, /lit/?

I ENJOY COOKING PANCAKES BUT THEY MOSTLY END UP SEMIRAW OR SEMIBURNT.

>> No.1682448

let's toss in some pseudo-medieval technology and dragons

NOVEL RUINED U MAD FAGS?

>> No.1682449

I will create a bastard dish of my favourites.

It will be a tale of humanity, featuring the minimalist prose of Raymond Carver, fused with the humour of DFW, the melancholy of Turgenev, the atmosphere of Bolano.

>> No.1682468

Something akin to masturbation, with all of it's rituals and comforts, hysteria and delusion, the dogged pursuit of a goal that is instinctively drawn, almost predestined, until we reach the climax, which is a complete let down and leaves nothing but dissatisfaction, a terrible mess and a distinct feeling of disgust for everything that led up to it.

And sprinkles of Saramago.

>> No.1682486

>>1682446

I wonder if his autism is just an act?

>> No.1682520

An plum with no stone and Hemingway sans shotgun.

>> No.1682601

A joint of Ayn Rand complete with skin and bone and half a dozen Salinger yams. Saute in Auden's butter.

>> No.1682647

>>1682486

I don't think he's autistic, just very eccentric.

>> No.1682726

>>1682446
I'd make that face too if I had to talk to someone in a Crow shirt