[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 342 KB, 1000x1000, the-blue-mask-55c37bfe2346e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16770330 No.16770330 [Reply] [Original]

The Internet is spiritual poison and niche online communities are a particularly strong strain of that poison. It depresses the fuck out of me to think of all the men and women who could have turned out to be perfectly well-adjusted, happy, content people if they had someone in their real lives sympathetic enough to help them face and overcome their fears, self-hatred and personal pathology instead of sinking into this fucking Internet dogshit of people even more broken than they are egging them on into dedicating themselves and basing their entire self-perception around their worst impulses. It's a fucking tragedy, it really is. I weep for the bronies. I weep for the K-pop shut-ins. I weep for the Sam Hyde worshippers. It's all a disaster. It's all pain.
Books for this feeling?

>> No.16770353

Sam Hyde is a philosophical genius and WHY DOES HE KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

>> No.16770355
File: 771 KB, 1024x768, Koala.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16770330
Hold on, you actually think browsing 4chan and being successful in life are mutually exclusive? If so, you're an imbecile. Most people stay here for the format and freedom of speech, not because they're particularly resentful about the world or their lives.

>> No.16770409

This Lou Reed album is extremely underrated.

>> No.16770413

i've claimed for years that the average sam hyde obsessive has more in common with the average brony than he does with the average joe rogan fan or even the average jordan peterson fan. hyde is profoundly spiritually ugly. 10 years ago he was basing his entire creative activity around ridiculing people he hates. 5 years ago he based his creative activity around ridiculing people he hates. today he is basing his creative activity around ridiculing people he hates. i've watched some of his "straight" videos and while the points he makes aren't bad at all and would have been seen as common sense just 10 years earlier, he's one of the last people out there equipped to deliver those points and he mixes them up with so much self-defeating resentment and obvious damage that it nullifies any potential effect. and he knows it too.

>>16770355
i don't think he's talking about 4chan in particular, but the shit he said rings true for a massive chunk of this site. don't delude yourself man, just because you've got goals, a girlfriend/fiancee and an apartment/house, that doesn't mean everyone else on here has these things as well. this is largely a place for irredeemable fuckups, stoner shitposters(some of which are actually real good guys who've actually got their shit together) and guys who enjoy laughing at fuckups(which is a very unhealthy thing in itself).

>> No.16770432

>>16770409
the title track is the hardcore 4chan mentality before there ever was a 4chan, or even a moot. it only makes sense that it's the most lyrically repulsive and doomed song reed ever wrote.

WASH THE RAZOR IN THE RAIN
LET ME LUXURIATE IN PAIN
PLEASE DON'T SET ME FREE
DEATH MEANS A LOT TO ME

>> No.16770734

The technological war on our attention spans will be to our society as lead pipes was to Rome’s

>> No.16770736
File: 295 KB, 700x704, 1525464820590.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16770330
A few days ago, I came to the sudden realization that I was wasting my life. I'm 21. I still have time. But my mind is so messed up, and I don't have the medication to help myself. I'm trying to get them somehow (darknet, gimped public healthcare, whatever comes first).
I wish that when I was a teenager someone stepped in to help me. A teacher or lover or anyone. I want to desperately wallow in blaming my parents, but they were both as mentally crippled as I am. What could I expect?
I uninstalled twitter and am trying to log off. I only go on 4chan occasionally now. I'm trying to scrape together the wreckage and salvage some kind of happy life. I'm so tired of living so full of self loathing.

>> No.16770908
File: 97 KB, 689x473, hug.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16770736
i believe in u bro

>> No.16771548

>>16770355
>you actually think browsing 4chan and being successful in life are mutually exclusive?
It is but only for certain boards. /Lit/ is alright.

>> No.16771828
File: 94 KB, 1125x1107, 1586510112277.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ive wasted my life