[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 19 KB, 327x407, Lautreamont1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16768078 No.16768078 [Reply] [Original]

What was his problem?

>> No.16768132

>>16768078
Now I have finally read it. Even though it is only 248 pages long, it takes a very long time to read with its dense prose. Maldoror's Songs is in many ways a very different book, and I will try to address the things that were most obvious to me.

“At all times she [man] has believed, with her eyelids fluttering next to the travel flower of modesty, that she consisted only of good and a very small part of evil. "I showed her mercilessly, by exposing her heart and the fabric of life in daylight, that she consists only of evil and a very small part of good, which the legislators have trouble preventing from evaporating."

The whole book has the content of some kind of settlement, with Maldors on one side, and God and humanity on the other. The work is imbued with nihilism and a corrosive contempt for human beings, so much so that it is actually a refreshing read, unlike much of what is published nowadays.

In any case, what struck me when I started reading is the direct address, I have probably never before read a book that had such a direct address to the reader. I have read other books that speak to the reader, but none with the same power as Maldoror's songs. Just like the back of my Alastor press release reports, it still hits the reader, 130 years after it was published.

Yet the text is extremely dense, crammed with intertexts, metamorphoses, technical terms and unusual words. It is a text that requires a lot of you as a reader, not only in terms of reading, but also in terms of interpretation. The image creation in the book is so frantic that it is difficult to maintain some form of control, you disappear into the images, in the transitions and the like, it is important to just let go and follow the frantic image creation.

The work is full of possibilities for interpretations, and perhaps the best thing about the book is that you are really forced to think while reading it. I can not say that I fully understood it, but I can say that I will definitely read about it in a while, if not for the understanding then for the pure pleasure to be taken away in the hallucinatory pictures that the author paints.

For those of you who are interested but want more meat on the bones, I can recommend the Teratologist's essay, which I link to further up in the thread.

>> No.16768157

>>16768078
he was too based for this world
>>16768132
interested in the essay thanks

>> No.16768162

>>16768078
>chinlet